Zfoex / Thalmann Commodities

Middo

Recruit
I have been unable to access the Zfoex website (www.zfoex.com) for several days now. This morning I have had an email to Marcus Wong at Thalmann comodities bounce back and now realise that I have been scammed out of several thousand dollars. Is there any hope of recovering money from these MONGRELS?:unhappy:

response to middo re tc and zfoex

No mate the moneys gone, Ive been done too. Contact as many institutions as possible, fbi, swiss police and authorities in your own country make some noise because I will guarantee you we are not the only ones. These people are filthy heartless leeches with no soul or morals. In box me for more info if you want.
Train

I have been unable to access the Zfoex website (www.zfoex.com) for several days now. This morning I have had an email to Marcus Wong at Thalmann comodities bounce back and now realise that I have been scammed out of several thousand dollars. Is there any hope of recovering money from these MONGRELS?:unhappy:
Think I was scammed too by Thalmann commodities Zurich (not sure it’s really in Zurich or somewhere else). They go by the names Matthew Fox, Michael McDonald and Marcus Wong. I learned a bit too late and was passed from one seemly professional adviser to the other, each time trying to get you to put in more money to grow your account. I was asked to open account with ZFOEX (they told me is Zurich Futures and Options Exchange) which I think was also created by the same scammers. Since 20rd July, the ZFOEX website (www.zfoex.com) and my account was no longer accessible.
I've had 2 occasions (27 May and 19 July) to double my investment in Gold options GCM11 and GCQ11 call options. First one on 27 May 2011 which they say (Michael McDonald to be exact) I missed their call to execute the SELL or to be verified by ZFOEX compliance officer. Second one on 19 July which they (Marcus Wong to be exact) told me was executed but the ZFOEX compliance officer forgot to call me while their website still not up yet undergoing some security upgrading! I think these are all hoax!
Last night (11 Aug), somebody (now introduced as Marcus Wong’s superior!) called again from Thalmann Commodities. Felt like asking him to go to hell but refrained. I told him that unless I see my account revive in ZFOEX and Thalmann Commodities website accessible again, no funding. Guess what? The Thalmann Commodities website, out since Middo’s posting till last night, was suddenly up again this morning!! These scammers are out again! By the way, the ZFOEX (Zurich Futures and Options Exchange) website where our fake trading account is kept is not up yet and may never will.
Never send your funding no matter how attractive the offer may sound. If it’s that good, these heartless suckers would surely have kept it to themselves with their own funding (everyone claims to be making his millions from his option trading!), right?
Unfortunately and fortunately, we have come to wake to our folly. I hope FPA will review these cases from Middo, Train and myself and deploy operations to nab these scammers, or at least warn the rest about these scams! Thanks.

Do they have any address in Switzerkand ?

If their company is registered you will find it on zefix.ch (public records of registered companies in Switzerland).

If they have an address in Switzerland you can go ahead with "office des poursuites" and also check with the body regulatoory (FINMA).

The website given is randomly on and off from the server.

Website is http://www.thalmanncommodities.com

The address given is as follows:

Beatengasse 7
8001 Zurich

Phone:
+41-44-5087025
Fax:
+41-44-5753508

Email:
info [at] thalmanncommodities.com

As you suggested, it's not registered on the regulator website.

Don't wait. Start contacting the Swiss regulators now. They won't put nearly as much effort into it if you wait until all signs of the company have vanished.

If you are in the USA, also contact IC3.gov and www.CFTC.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
comment by train

I urge all of you that have been touched by this scam to contact the Swiss department of justice and regulators or police in your own country and also the countries that the clearing accounts are in. I have contacted the Swiss police and they said that unless they receive more complaints they cannot do much.
Contact the police also in Hong kong. By the way the registerant of the website is called Victor Wiedmar.

Back