• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss zulutrade.com (Leon Yohai & Kostas Eleftheriou)

General discussions of a financial company
ZULUGUARD MONTHLY RESULTS 03132013

On 2/16/2013 I started with $100,000 and the top five providers at the time xiaolidao sczx(GBP/USD)50 Saved FX Kama-spot f8. During the month two of the providers xiaolidao and sczx(GBP/USD)50 were automatically replaced (with my approval) by duanxian(GBP\USD) and ForexAnomaly All open trades for the two closed providers were closed. The account returned 3.11% after my estimate of 3% slippage. I have the risk meter set at 30%. I am not using any of the risk sliders. I think that ZuluTrade should be doing this with their own real money account. Money talks and BS walks. I won’t risk any of my own money on ZuluGuard and Auto Allocation until ZuluTrade shows me that it has confidence in its own product.

START END RESULT RESULT % w\SLIPPAGE RISK PIPS
MARCH 13 $100,000 $101,218 $3,112 3.11% 3% 30% 267

Hello there,

you are missing the point here - other mirror trading and other managed account - zulutrade gives you the option to get the trading from the traditional manager without paying the fee - which is quite a lumpsum like it or not. I was reading the other day - to pay a professional trader to manage your account or in our words trade for you, is quite costly - so with zulutrade you get the best of the two worlds.
I am a foollower on the system - trust me money DO talk here!
Btw, care to upload some screenshots of your account, i am most certain you have not done something properly along the way...

I am not suggesting that ZuluTrade manage my account. What I'm saying is that ZuluTrade is offering products (AutoAllocation and ZuluGuard) that have not been tested with posted results. Or if they have been tested by them they are not sharing their results with us customers. If I am going to invest into say a hedge fund, as part of my due diligence I would want to see a certified chart of the hedge funds results. I know that a chart with a nice 45 degree up angle doesn't mean that it will perform in the future as well as it has in the past but it does give me some confidence that their sales pitch is not pure BS. If ZuluTrade started today posting their results of trading a live real money account through a large brokerage like FXCM or FXDD in a couple of years they would have a track record of the results. And if the results looked good to me I would consider investing some money in a ZuluTrade account running AutoAllocation and ZuluGuard.

Again, you are missing the point!

Or you have hardly any idea about forex or zulutrade for that matter.

Zulutrade is not a hedge fund - its an open system - meaning you - as a follower - choose HOW to trade (the systems) and the How big your initial capital yu will put down. Without those two factors, nobody can even show you some profitability graph even in the simplest version of it.

further on, you dont trust zuluguard, which i really see now reason how , when the system leaves YOU to assign the levels you want to protect, but whatever, you the mannual settings to put stop/losses or reverse or whatever else you wish to do.

You know something, before trying to criticize something, know good your grounds ;)

ZULUGUARD MONTHLY RESULTS 4/13/2013
I changed my own rules slightly by using last month’s closing balance of $101,218 as the opening balance of April’s demo.I also kept all the previous providers and their trades instead of closing them out. So, on 3/13/13 I opened a new demo account using the five providers I had left from the previous months expired demo. Saved FX, Kama-spot, ForexAnomaly, f8, and duanxian (GBP\USD). During the month Saved FX, Kama-spot, and ForexAnomaly, were replaced by ZuluGuard with for333, Forex Sleep Mode, and GBPJPYxiong. The closing balance for this account is $98,474. With 3% slippage the account has lost $2,524 for the month or -2.49%. I did nothing to this account except approve the changes that ZuluGuard was suggesting. The account is set to Auto and the risk meter is set at 30%.

I’m thinking that I should subtract the 3 % slippage from the account balance as well as the monthly profit\loss but I would have to consider that the slippage would apply only to the capital that the account actually used in the trades, not all of the capital but I don’t know how to make that calculation. If ZuluTrade was displaying a live real money account that was set on automatic allocation and ZuluGuard activated, the slippage would be exact. It would be easy to see if investing in a ZuluTrade account actually made money over time. If you agree with me tell ZuluTrade that you want them to display live real money accounts running the top 5 providers using AutoAllocation and ZuluGuard.

Sorry i lost you there a bit, can you clarify, you want the system to show as well live providers using zuluguard, next to the stats of each trader?
i am sorry but this sounds a bit odd...whats the purpose of that?
as for the slippage, you should know that it is not always present - it all deppends on the broker executions and market conditions - i know for my broker (aaafx) i am entitled to full refund policy and from what i see it is not always present!

RESPONSE TO DIMOHRUSAFOV

[FONT=&quot]You said: Sorry i lost you there a bit, can you clarify, you want the system to show as well live providers using zuluguard, next to the stats of each trader?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Answer: I would like ZuluTrade to display on their home page a live account (or accounts) with real money. It would appear just like our own accounts look when we login; settings, trade, positions, orders, history, etc. We followers would not be able to change any settings of this ZuluTrade account. ZuluTrade would run it just like I run my demo account. That is; the top five providers (when the account is initially setup), on Auto with ZuluGuard activated, and the risk meter set at 30%. That’s it, just let all of us followers observe how this account is doing with a real money account. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
You said: as for the slippage, you should know that it is not always present - it all deppends on the broker executions and market conditions - i know for my broker (aaafx) i am entitled to full refund policy and from what i see it is not always present![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Answer: I agree with what you say that there is not always slippage. Also I know that there is positive as well as negative slippage. My observations of live trade results have given me a rough idea of the slippage that occurs in my own real money accounts that I expressed as a percentage (3%). If ZuluTrade were running their own real money account any slippage that occurred would be documented exactly in the trade results. My estimation of slippage may not be accurate. It could be more or less. The bottom line for me is after taking all things into consideration can I make money long term using ZuluTrades new system of AutoAllocation and ZuluGuard. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Maybe I can use this as an analogy. Recently I watched a documentary about Lufthansa airlines purchase of a new Airbus A380 aircraft. Lufthansa, the customer, did not, purchase the airplane sight unseen, they had contributed to the actual design of the plane and tested it rigorously with their own test pilots and engineers before actually paying cash for the plane. After that it was up to Lufthansa to operate that A380 to the best of their ability. That is safely and profitably. There are always problems with products after they are purchased and they can be fixed but trying to get as many problems solved before investing in something seems like a prudent thing to do. That’s what businesses do and I think that we customer\followers of ZuluTrade products should be doing too. [/FONT]

James Campbell, what you are saying is that you would like to see more live accounts of traders sending signals. Well, you have a point here of course; myself i am a bit puzzled as I have seen both good and bad traders performing outstanding and ****ty at the same time so there is really no much to conclude - yes demo traders a bit more risky, but this is not always the case.

As for the setting of the zuluguard you are proposing, I would advise you write to support and let the developers know. the company is always open for new ideas - they do listen.

So how is your demo performing? are you winning loosing? happy in general with the performance?

ZULUGUARD MONTHLY RESULTS 5/14/2013
So, this month the opening balance is $98,474 and the closing balance is $109,630 (3% guesstimated slippage has been subtracted) for a gain of 11.83% for the month. 30% on the risk meter bar. ZuluGuard has not been triggered during this period thus the same providers are operating. F8 #7, duanxian(GBP\USD) #6, for333 #5, Forex Sleep Mode #35, GBPJPYxiong #3. This account has been in operation now for three months so the three month average gain per month is 3.21%. An impressive return of 39% annualized. But 3 months of trade data don’t mean much imo.
I would be much more impressed if ZuluTrade displayed a 39% annual return with years of live trade data. If there is a way to make money with ZuluTrade long term, it seems to me that it is to use AutoAllocate to manage trade risk and ZuluGuard to quickly dump the losers and let the winners run. But ZuluTrade does’nt provide me with any useful information to let me determine if it works. I’ll bet however, that ZuluTrade is running real money accounts and they are getting solid info on how AutoAllocate and ZuluGuard work but they’re keeping it to themselves. Even though ZuluGuard, as far as I know, has only been in operation for a few months they should have some results by now. Show it to us ZuluTrade!

Hello James,

Seems like you are having quite high expectations from the forex markets. Yearly record??
You kidding right? we are not talking about a hedge fund here, more than spot results.
imo, and this is what i have found from my practice so far is to use the traders until they loose their momentum and stop being profitable and then move the next one.See, if you use this on the long run you can make some really nice returns.

Hi Carrie,
You said “what i have found from my practice so far is to use the traders until they loose their momentum and stop being profitable and then move the next one.See, if you use this on the long run you can make some really nice returns.”

It sounds to me like we’re talking about similar ideas. But you didn’t say how many providers you use at one time and at what point you determine when to stop using a provider and start using another.

If ZuluTrade posted results of a real money account that they setup themselves, we the ZuluTrade customers would be able to see for ourselves whether the ZuluGuard and AutoAllocation systems actually work in real time. I suggested 30% risk and the five top providers because it seems to me to be a good mix.

Back