• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss zulutrade.com (Leon Yohai & Kostas Eleftheriou)

General discussions of a financial company
ZULUGUARD MONTHLY RESULTS 6142013

This month the opening balance is $109,630 and the close is $109,317 (3% guesstimated slippage has been subtracted) for a slight loss of $313 or a loss of about 1%. The same providers are operating this past month (not having been replaced by ZuluGuard), however I decided to replace Forex Sleep Mode (currently ranked 1,408) because he has not traded since 5/23/13 and has not communicated any reason why. I replaced him with Newwave who is currently number 1 in ranking. Also, Kama-spot who was a top ranked provider for months has now dropped to 12,729! Kama-spot had been operating in this account in February 2013 and was replaced by ZuluGuard only a couple of weeks after it started trading. I’d say ZuluGuard did a good job here as Kama-spot has since crashed.

Hey there James,

Glad we are talking for about the same strategies. I have tried with up to 12 traders and 3 traders and it all gave me more or less the same results. Or meaning follow the trader until the 1st negative trade. Then abort the ship - there will be more coming - and this is certainty not a probability, esp. for the top 10-15 traders - keep this in mind.

As for the results - you've got real results when you get your live account. As far as I am informed (and this is pretty vaguely) hypothetical results are induced only on demos and this has to do with certain regulators.

As for the slippage, you talking about -demo accouint have no slippage - as they simply are not linked to any broker -thus not possible to have slippage in any way. the difference in the total equity balance should come from somewhere else. You wanna dig more - simply ask support they'll tell you exactly what's going on.

ZULUGUARD MONTHLY RESULTS 7132013
This month the opening balance is $109,317 and the close (after 3% slippage) is $119,083 for a gain of $9,766 or 11% for the month. Still running the same five systems as last month as ZuluGuard has not triggered a replacement. They are: GBPJPYxiong, Newwave, for333, F8 duanxian(GBP\USD).Also, Auto Allocation set at 30% risk has been correctly increasing the lot sizes in the trades as equity increased during the month.

ZULUGUARD MONTHLY RESULTS 8132013
This month the opening balance is $119,083 and the close (after 3% slippage) is $117,770 for a loss of $ 1,312 or 1 % for the month. Still running the same five systems as last month as ZuluGuard has not triggered a replacement. They are: #7 GBPJPYxiong, #9 Newwave, #5 for333, #467 F8, #23 duanxian(GBP\USD). Running ZuluGuard and settings are on Auto with 30% risk.

James Campbell,

you serious ??? Nobody follows the same traders for that long. Definitely you will be loosing :(
THats weird the zuluguard suggests me ALL the time ...that i actually disabled it, got annoyed ;)
seriously, why wait for it, than you can actually do the selection yourself- and deff will be more tailored to what you want and what your account actually can handle.

ZULUGUARD MONTHLY RESULTS 9132013
This month the balance is $117,770 and the close (after 3% slippage) is $112,923 for a loss of $4,847 or 4% for the month. Still running the same five systems as last month as ZuluGuard has not triggered a replacement. They are: #2 GBPJPYxiong, #6 Newwave, #190 for333, #490 F8, #427 duanxian(GBP\USD). Running ZuluGuard and settings are on Auto with 30% risk.

Hi Carrie,
I have started working on adding and deleting providers myself on another demo I run. I use the top provider until his graph starts pointing down then I close it and open another whose graph is pointing upward. Position sizing is used to avoid margin calls and make the demo capital work as hard as possible. I don’t have any results yet.

Do you think that all of us ZuluTrade followers would do better if we had an idea of what techniques the most profitable followers are using? In July I emailed ZuluTrade support and asked them this question. They totally did not answer my question. I would have thought that ZuluTrade would be interested in helping us follower\customers succeed. If our accounts are growing we will be adding more lots and ZuluTrade will get higher fees right? A win win situation it seems. Maybe I’m naïve. Could it be that ZuluTrade is only interested in attracting new followers\customers and thinking that they will be able to make their profits with a steady supply of new customers?

I’m not saying that ZuluTrade should do our due diligence for us but I’m thinking that they have a good idea of what kind of strategies work because they have all the background data on all followers\customers. I mean if you look at any investment bank or prop trading company they will do everything possible to help their traders get profitable. They have training programs, strategy sessions and so forth. They know who their profitable traders are and they try to teach those ideas to their new traders. ZuluTrade gives us Performance, TradeWall and Top Traders. I think we need a “Strategy” box that shows us what some of the most profitable follower\customers have done to make that profit happen. Did they trade one provider at a time? Did the five top providers use ZuluGuard? What was their risk meter set at? A comprehensive organized effort to determine what the most profitable follower\customers are doing and sharing the information is needed. However, it could be that there are no winners at ZuluTrade. Yeah, I know there are short term success stories of large gains in a short time, and I’m one of them. I doubled my account in four months only to give it all back and then some in the next few months. Of course I used way too much risk, about 48% per position and my account balance was like an out of control rocket. Exhilarating but ultimately a disaster. The people at ZuluTrade could see what I was doing and learn from my mistakes and maybe they already do that now. But are there follower\customers that have been consistently profitable over a few years? If so, give us an idea of how they did it. Maybe the learning curve for all of us others will be shortened.

ZuluTrade has the resources and data to make this happen. I think they need to evolve to the next level. I hope there can be discussion or comments about this.

I see your point James,

however i dont think that having strategies set in the account of a trader is much of a help for me. See, knowing the trades parameters, is of no use for me. Actually I would say would be too much info for me. Yes, having a box ticked and explained would help the trader deffine his strategy, but usually what they do is that they describe it on their wall, or in the zulutrade forum section. I mean it is like everywhere!! Also, it is kinda obvious from the trend they close the trades - like half-day/one day traders vs scalpers - strategy is kinda obvious.

I think that the platform give us enough info and tools to manage, maintain and master or learning curve. However, this curve is individual and there is no two identical cases. One has to understand to rely on his own judgement on who to follow and how to do that according to equity, risk appetite etc.

These are my 2 cents of thought, lets here some other member and moderators as well ;)

I think it would be great to work for ZuluTrade and be able to see who the most profitable followers are and how they do it. I know there is a list of providers that are profitable in ZuluTrade.UK but as a U.S. trader I'm not able to see it anymore but if I recall correctly one cannot see the followers’ exact setup. If I were working at ZuluTrade and had access to this kind of data I think it would be very valuable indeed. I could use the data to pick the best providers and set the margin call o meter for my own account. But that would be cheating and stealing someone’s work. But what if there are words somewhere in the Agreement we all agree to with ZuluTrade that says they can use our data for that purpose? Well there is in "Our Privacy Policy" \ Transaction Information. So it wouldn't be cheating or stealing if we all had agreed to it beforehand.

ZuluTrade was founded in 2007 and by now somebody there should have figured out how to use this information to give themselves an edge. Maybe they could share it with us.

I think what you are saying is preposterous and out of line.

I am think that it is a serious company ruled based on integrity and proper business ethics to apply what you are actually proposing!

Back