AssetsFx.com Review Visit site

Updated: Nov 27, 2017

WARNING:  August-October 2013:  Multiple highly suspicious and obviously fake positive reviews submitted.

The FPA advises a very high level of caution dealing with this AssetsFx.

AssetsFx.com

Join live discussion of AssetsFx.com on our forum

Tampa FL, USA,
Nov 23, 2017,

This brokers works

I've had an account here for a few years, and based on the brokers taking US customers, i give them 4 stars (if it were based on all brokers, it would be 1 or 2 stars). They do respond to emails fast enough for what i need. I am able to deposit and withdraw with no problems. They ever updated their website to look a lot better (it was horrible a few years back). Though the spreads arent the best.......i never sensed any "foul" play as with other brokers taking US customers.
Canada, Canada,
Jul 7, 2016,

This is an update to my review from last year. These guys have switched LPs two times in my tenure here, and every switch has been worse and worse. The spreads keep getting wider and wider, I've noticed a lot of slippage recently (and I'm trading very small amounts), and customer service has decreased dramatically. Withdrawals have taken 4-5 business days (as opposed to their stated 1-2) and the fees on withdrawals and deposits have gone up.

All in all it's been a worse experience over the past year and a half for me. Terrible spreads and execution coupled with terrible customer service that is slow to respond and doesn't address concerns. There are so many good brokers that have opened up recently, no need to screw around with these guys. A good rule of thumb i've noticed, if the broker accepts deposits less than $500, be careful.

2015-03-05 4 Stars So far so good with this broker. They have decent spreads (not the greatest during news though). Slippage is really low also. Never really had an issue with execution.

A note on the spreads, during some recently news (a medium impact event on FF) the spreads opened up to about 30 pips on the AUDUSD. I had my SL at BE and was "stopped" out nowhere near the actual price. I e-mail AssetsFX right away saying that isn't acceptable and they honored my TP level! I have never seen a broker do this. I haven't withdrawn yet so I can't speak on that.

They seem to an honest broker with a genuine care for clients. The reason for 4 stars is because I haven't withdrawn yet which is one of the most important aspects.
Miami, FL, USA,
Apr 19, 2016,

I was hesitant at first being a unregulated broker but i have used assetsfx for years now and have not had any problems, i have used to many brokers to list and assetsfx is my favoirite retail broker, because of good trading conditions and lower cost than most other brokers i have used. In fact they reimbursed my $45 wite transfer fee from my bank, for no reason they did not have to do that.
Vancouver, Canada,
Nov 27, 2015,

I like this company, I get the feeling that it was started by some successful traders who wanted better conditions. I love how my orders get opened and closed on a dime, no requote crap...

(Like almost any broker, you're stupid to try and scalp non farm payroll, or be stuck in a trade when that happens, obviously spreads widen...)

Spreads with Assetsfx are really good!

Like someone mentioned, their software is a whitelabel for an institutional firm in Ireland.. I won't be trusting them with all my money but definitely allocate a portion. In a world with 98-99% greedy steal-all-your-money, f-u-over-any-way-they-can brokers, these are one of the good guys. ;)
reykjavík, Iceland,
Aug 10, 2015,

Started trying them out today, since I was inclined to use a service in my area.
Their spread jumps to 30 pips on a dime, if price moves 20 in one bar on the 1 min chart, the spread will go from it's average 15 pips to a dashing 30 and stay there for a while.
As an ECN that charges commission, these spreads are ridiculous. Am going to try them out during high liquidity but I would never ever use them after London closes.
Miami, USA,
May 27, 2015,

I have used AssetFX for a few months, and will back-up what Gary S is saying. I too was kicked out of Finfx and this became the next choice if I wanted to do business in Finland. This company has potential. Their website however scares the crap out of me. It might be a small operation with only 1 or 2 people working it, who knows. The back office is kind of crappy as well. It seems they bridge their services from a company called Squared Financial. I’m cool with that, but they need to put money into their website. Concerning their spreads, it’s probably the best I have encountered (even better then FinFX). I have tried AssetsFX compared to FX Choice and Tallinex (all accepting US customers). I’m pretty ok with the Paypal withdrawal thing as well. Customer service was pretty good.
FL, USA,
Apr 2, 2015,

I've been investigating AssetsFx as a possible broker after getting kicked out of FinFx who I regarded as an excellent broker, Finland is a good country to have a Forex broker in even though they don't have a regulatory body like the CTFC or others. This doesn't mean The Finnish government isn't keeping an eye on Forex brokers and Finland is no 3rd world county in a place that you've never heard of either. With that said I'd have no reservations about opening an account with any Forex broker in Finland just on the bases that they aren't reg-ed.

The problem I'm having with opening an account with AssetsFX is for one The Client Login page isn't completely secure according to my FireFox browser 36.0.4 and The Deposit Funds page shows no security at all !!!

The Login page wants a password and the Deposit page wants a MT4 login.

Strangely enough when I use Explorer those pages show https (no lock icon anywhere) and Explorer tells you that it is blocking insecure content. But if you start clicking around the other links sometimes once secure pages don't show https again!

I'm not sure what to make of this but needless to say its concerning!

The other problem I'm having with opening an account is that they don't have 24/5 live support! Is that crazy or what!?

Other then that the Demo is working fine and if not for the page security and lack of 24/5 support I might have opened an account with them already, but at this point unless I can get some reassuring answers from someone in regards to security I won't be opening an account with them.

Belo Horizonte , Brazil,
Jan 26, 2015,

I've been trading with AssetsFX for about 3 months, and my experience so far has been great. their execution is very fast, they use segregated accounts and the spreads are excellent. Have not asked for a withdrawal yet so can't comment on that but the fact that they return funds to paypal is a good thing to me. On teh negative side, I wish the commission was lower but oh well. Also they allow you to trade gold in mini or micro lots (10oz or 1oz) contracts which is unheard of.
Overall very satisfied.
Ljubljana, Slovenia,
Jun 13, 2014,

Trading doring the news with FNG was negative, because of bad executions. Almost every time. When I did withdrawal request they transfer money to Paypal...
Bavaria, Germany,
Apr 16, 2014,

I have been testing this brokerage with a few hundered bucks since February. Afterall fake reviews don't mean bad trading conditions or company. Their free EAs looked promising. Account-opening was very fast, within one day. I could not fund with two different credit-card, because their payment-processor did not accept them. But it worked fast with Skrill. Service was always very fast and responsive to my questions. They seem to trade through PrimeXM, live-server is in London (mtpro01.primexm.com). Trade execution is extremly fast, yesterday I saw order-execution times of around 50 ms (if you discount my VPS latency to the server of around 95ms). Maybe 1 out of 10 trades has higher execution-times of around 1 sec, but that is to be expected with ECN. Slippage is uncommon (but I don't trade news). Spread in EURUSD is really 0 sometimes, but mostly 0.2-0.4 during the day in Europe. So I had a very good trading experience. I am thinking about moving more funds there, as they told me they use segregated client accounts. But: - Finland does not regulate Forex and the broker is rather new. Commission is of a medium value with USD 5.20 per 100.000, so for 1 lot EURUSD at 1.38, you pay 7.18 USD round-turn. Not to forget: Stopped using their M-Pro 2.0 EA, because of bad risk/return-ratio. Have not withdrawn yet, so can't comment on this. Cheers, Fred