IG.com Review Visit site

Updated: May 23, 2019

Was at IGMarkets.com.  Other websites of this compay include IGForex.com and https://www.ig.com/au

IG is a forex broker. IG offers the WebTrader4 trading currency platforms. IG.com offers currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, indices, shares, gold, silver, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

IG.com

Join live discussion of IG.com on our forum

IG.com profile provided by IG Group, May 13, 2019

The world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider*

Our vision
We aim to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, we put client needs at the heart of everything we do. This enables us to empower informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets.

24-hour support
Our highly trained team is available 24 hours a day from 8am on Sunday until 10pm on Friday, and from 9am to 5pm on Saturday UK time.

Powerful technology
Our intuitive platforms and apps are built for speed and security. We offer a fully customisable award-winning web platform, natively designed mobile and tablet apps, as well as a range of advanced third-party tools.

A global leader in online trading
We are the world-leading provider of contracts for difference (CFDs) and financial spread betting, and the UK’s largest retail forex provider.* We also offer execution-only share dealing, along with fully managed investment portfolios. With over 40 years’ experience behind us, we’re perfectly placed to help you make the most of the markets. *Based on revenue excluding FX (from published financial statements, October 2016). Losses can exceed deposits.

eonbar,
May 16, 2019,

Good platform

Never had any issues seems like a good broker platform with lots of functionality alerts indicators etc
This review came from an account created inside the offices of IG.com

Five star rating removed.  Per FPA Policy, the rating on this review has been set to zero stars.
Barry,
Arizona, USA,
Apr 20, 2019,

IG manipulates price feeds to ensure you lose

I have caught IG manipulating my price feed numerous times.

When you are losing then IG's price feed is almost exactly the same as the other independent feeds such as Tradingview and DailyFX. IG's price quotes are within 1-2 pips in real time, exactly paralleling the other websites.

But when your trade starts to close the gap and approach break-even then all of a sudden IG's price feed starts off showing quotes that are significantly different than the true price feed. They do it both for long and short trades if you start to approach break-even.

Just yesterday I watched my trade climb up from a loss and I was watching the DailyFX feed simultaneously. As I approached break-even the IG price feed suddenly started lagging and went as high as 14 pips below what Tradingview and DailyFX were showing. Those 14 pips would have put me over into a positive, winning trade.

Out of curiosity, I decided to take a Profit price of $ 0.06 on the trade. Yes, SIX CENTS. I sat for TWO HOURS watching the IG price feed pretending to vacillate just barely below my Take Profit price of $ 0.06.
Of course the Tradingview and DailyFX feeds easily surpassed my break-even and went many pips up from there.

All of you reading this know how the forex market is. For sure, 100% certainty, the price is going to go up by 6 cents over a two hour period ... nope, not with IG's dirty tricks. And if you are lucky enough to catch a fast rally that IG can not stop then you will still watch your price feed significantly lower than it should be compared to other websites. So your wins are less than they should be.

Also, their spreads and margin requirements on minor, but still popular, forex pairs are ridiculous. If you pick something other than EURUSD then you can expect that one single trade will stuff your margin, leaving you unable to run any other trades for hours or even days because you have no margin left and ridiculous spreads to try to overcome.
And to top it off, their profit / loss calculation lags the real-time data by many, many seconds. Take Profit level. There are many times when the price has obviously hit my Take Profit level. But because of IG's PURPOSEFULLY LAGGY profit calculation it did not execute. With IG do not expect to trigger any quick up / down market movements.

Not only that, but every couple of minutes they put this stupid IG Live TV popup window directly above the Close Position button! And coincidentally, wink, wink, this stupid pop-up window has a habit of appearing and blocking your vision of your profits column at the exact same time that the market is super volatile and making some hard, fast price runs. It's obvious that they do it on purpose to disrupt traders from cashing out on quick, hard rallies. The pop-up window can not be disabled. It can not be moved to a different part of the screen. Obviously, they could have moved the position to a less critical part of the screen. Nope, right on top of the profit / loss column and the Close Position button.

IG is dirty. But then they are all the other US choices for forex brokers. I've tried them all. They all manipulate price feeds, hunt stop-losses, experience lag and disconnects when high-profit rallies are occurring, and lie about having low spreads. If I can not find a better broker here in the US then I might just start giving bucket shops in Belize or St. Martin serious consideration.
Reply by IG Group submitted May 23, 2019:
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the IG trading platform. I’ve answered a few the points you’ve raised below. However, if you would like to discuss any of this in more detail please feel free to reach out and contact us directly using the customer support number on our website, or via email. We’re available all through the trading week, 24-hours a day.

We’ve been operating in the US for several years under the Nadex brand, but our RFED offering under the IG Group brand is relatively new. Therefore, it might be helpful for you to have an overview of our business.

We are the global leader for CFD trading and spread betting, and have been offering access to the financial markets to retail traders since 1974. With over 195,000 clients across many different countries, exceptional deal execution is an absolute priority for us. As a FTSE 250 company listed on the London Stock Exchange, we’re committed to client satisfaction. You can read more about these things on the IG Group website, IGGroup.com.

An important factor in our success has been our commitment to working closely with regulators and appropriate governing bodies. As you seem to be based in the US, you’ll be pleased to know that IG is a registered RFED and IB with the CFTC and member of the NFA. We’re also regulated by the appropriate bodies in the countries we operate (eg the FCA in the UK, and ASIC in Australia).

FX doesn’t trade on a centralised exchange in the same way as stock, so we need to shop around for OTC liquidity providers. To do this, we collate several feeds from some of the largest international banks and LPs and use a smart order router to push you the best bid/offer spread to trade. Most importantly, we never take a speculative view on the direction of the market. It’s also worth noting that IG owns DailyFX, and while DailyFX prices are indicative (as noted on the website), they use the same pricing feed as IG.

Our business model is based on providing individuals with the opportunity to trade the world’s financial markets, in exchange for fair and proportionate transaction fees. While it is a well-known fact that successful trading can be challenging, we do not typically benefit from trading losses that an unsuccessful client may experience. In the same vein, if you make money from a profitable trade, IG does not typically lose out. Put simply, we want our clients to trade profitably, and we put client interests at the heart of our business. Revenue is generated from spreads and administrative costs, and in some jurisdictions separate commission. It therefore goes without saying that we do not manipulate price feeds, hunt stop losses etc.

IG spreads are very competitive, with minimum spreads of a point or less for EUR/USD, AUD/USD, USD/JPY, EUR/GBP and GBP/USD. You noted other pairs, and while I can’t list them all here you can review these (along with margins etc) for yourself on our website. When it comes to the margin requirements you noted in your post, these are dictated by the NFA regulators and based on what they deem appropriate for retail traders.

When it comes to our IG Live TV broadcast, this goes live three times a day and pops up in the notification area in the right-hand column. This shouldn’t cover any area you laid out in the review, and furthermore you can toggle this column on/off.

If you’d like to discuss any of the above, please give us a call anytime and we can go over it in more detail.
8Jalal8,
Saudi Arabia,
Mar 28, 2019,

I can not get my money back. It was more than 6 months now without results. He / she / it has to say I should bring a statement from bank and after that he said noooo you should change it because your name should appear up on statement !!!!! And the worst thing is cut 2 $ evry time when I try donig withdraw !!!!!!!!!!! It is a scam.
Reply by IG Group submitted May 23, 2019:
Thanks for the review, 8Jalal8.

I'm sorry you’re unhappy with a couple of our processes. The requirement to send funds back to the original source used to deposit is a requirement made by the external regulators and relates to an anti-money laundering policy, known as AML. This policy is universal for the financial industry, and you’ll find the same verification requirements with other providers (assuming they are regulated by the appropriate bodies). I believe in this instance, given your geographical location, we are regulated by the DFSA.

If you’d like to get in contact with our trading services team via live chat, email, or phone, please find our contact details at IG.com – a representative should be able to help you withdraw funds, if you wish to do so.
delakay,
Rotterdam, Netherlands,
Mar 6, 2019,

Big warning for new traders!!

Dont trade with this broker. IG steals your money by triggering your stoploss. I saw 20 pkt. spreads on cfd's in forex and indices by this broker and its not the market conditions, its YOU the greedy Broker who does that. You guys are a bunch of stoploss hunters which give a shit about your clients. Your core business is taking the other side of the trades and stealing points from poor retail traders who dont know what they are doing. Shame on you IG, i thought you were different than other brokers!! Greets Kai
Reply by IG Group submitted May 23, 2019:
We appreciate all feedback from clients, so thank you for taking the time to leave these comments. With that said, please allow me to address a couple of your points:

a) When you trade through IG, please note we use direct feeds which come from several different liquidity providers. We always follow best execution practices to get you the best price, shopping around on multiple exchanges and MMs using a smart order router. We will always be able to show you where the price has come from in the underlying market for things such as futures, shares, cryptocurrency deals, or other broader executed trades.

FX trades OTC and indices are future traded, however despite these differences our pricing models are pretty much the same. We take the best bid-offer spread available in the underlying market and project that on the IG platform with the appropriate spread (or in some instances a separate commission).

b) Our business model is based on providing individuals with the opportunity to trade the world’s financial markets, in exchange for fair and proportionate transaction fees. It therefore goes without saying that we do not manipulate price feeds, hunt stop losses, or engage in any other unethical practices.

I can see you’re based in the Netherlands, so you may find this link informative (https://www.ig.com/nl/op-welke-manier-maakt-ig-winst). Alternatively, you can go to IG.com and browse the same website location for the English version. You can also check the footer of the appropriate website for the relevant regulatory body.

If you’d like to discuss any of the above, please give us a call anytime.
Queenmaphs,
Here, United Kingdom,
Dec 28, 2018,

Avoid at all cost

i have had an account with IG for years but only started trading this year. More actively from April on MT4. At the beginning of this month I had been doing very very well and so I decided put more obey into my account. A lot more. A few days ago I had trades running the whole day into the night and the next morning I was trying to take my profits and close a few but I couldn’t. There was no option for me to modify or close trades, all I got was chart and cancel. I phoned them up and 3 times was asked to delete and download MT4 app to see if it works but no it wouldn’t work. Fro just after 12 noon until after 3pm this problem wasn’t resolved. Suddenly the trades were losing £300 and I called them up. I HONESTLY thought I was going to die from anxiety as the trades short up while watching and trying to get support to close the trades for me since I had no access to do it my end. First person told me they cannot access MT4 their side I would have to do it myself because they only have access to IG site not my MT4. Suddenly I got a call from a guy, (In South Africa), Inhad spoken to earlier that day about my login issues and he stated that “he hears I’ve issues closing my trades”. I was shocked 1. To get a call back 2. By him saying “he hears”. Well I was desperate and hysterically in tears to get the trades closed and by this time I am losing £700+ This guy offers to pass me onto someone who can close the trades for me on their end. (Remember, the other guy said they can’t do it!!!!!!?). I got passed onto a lady who closed the trades one at a time asking for my permission per trade before closing it. The next thing IG did was close my accounts and this has erased all the evidence but I fortunately have screenshots which I was sending for help to a signal group. I haven’t been able to sleep more than 4 hrs since this, and I don’t even know who to trust with these brokers. I have known IG since 2008. My first demo account was with them and a few brokers let me down but NO ONE could tell me anything bad about IG. Well this has drastically changed. Needless to say, as soon as all trades were closed, I IMMEDIATELY withdrew every single penny. I am still numb from this experience.
Alex,
Dec 21, 2018,

Rip off - don't use

Extortionate fees for smaller clients. After being a customer with IG for over 5 years, they've introduced a dormancy fee for not making any trades in a quarter. At £24, this isn't much. But having only bought £250 worth of shares, this will wipe them out in two and a bit years - and so makes it a totally losing proposition. I have deleted my account and will be writing bad reviews everywhere over the internet
Reply by IG Group submitted May 23, 2019:
Hi Alex, I'm very sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with IG.

As you noted, our fee structure in the UK has recently changed which means we now charge £24 per quarter as a custody fee on share dealing accounts (excluding CFD and spread betting accounts) when a client has not traded three or more times during the previous quarter. This is variable based on the number of trades you make on the account, and therefore we adjust the fee accordingly when one or two trades were made (ie if you trade three times or if you have £15k in an IG Smart Portfolio, you will not incur the fee,).

While I appreciate our commission structure is geared more to active investors, we are one of the most competitive in the industry, with a comparison available here: https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/share-dealing/comparison. I do, however, appreciate your concern. I'll make sure to pass your feedback on.
PNguyen,
Viet Nam,
Dec 19, 2018,

IG Markets The King of Stop Hunting

Stop hunting at its finest.

I used a good technique to open and close my trades automatically by using pending orders. This worked for me 7\10 times and was a great tool to make positive gains.
However one day BOOM! it stopped working, EVERY pending order I placed lost.

Example:
- I would open four pending orders two bullish to bearish all in a tight proximity to where the current price level was at. This worked very well over a 60% win rate for a week.

- Next week same thing, bull or bear the trades would open, my stop loss triggered, and the position would return to normal.

After that:
- Re-quote all day long
- Spreads that would inflate
- Crazy high commissions for stock trades.

I have lost about $3,000 with them.

Here are the issues I noticed:
- Stop hunting. -INSANE SPREADS the spread is so high it is nearly impossible to make any profit in the Forex market.
- Customer service will not help you at all. They only pretend to go through the motions of providing support.
- Stops triggered even when the amount is no where near your stop loss level.

This scam dealer just had their trash app removed from the Apple App store. So this shows you that their days are coming to and end.
Reply by IG Group submitted May 23, 2019:
Hi PNguyen. Thanks for the review.

While it is a well-known fact that trading successfully can be difficult, we do not typically benefit from trading losses that an unsuccessful client may experience. In the same vein, if you make money from a profitable trade, IG does not typically lose out. Put simply, we want our clients to trade profitably and we put client interests at the heart of our business. Revenue is generated from spreads and administrative costs, and in some jurisdictions separate commission. It therefore goes without saying that we do not manipulate price feeds, hunt stop losses etc.

Finally, when it comes to spreads, it’s worth noting the way we price our markets: we take the best bid-offer spread available in the underlying market and project that on the IG platform with the appropriate fixed spread percentage (or in some instances a separate commission). If these spreads fluctuate, it’s likely this is due to the spreads in the underlying market widening. We also have different spread models depending on the time of day, and you’ll be able to see in advance what these are on IG.com.

When it comes to the iOS app this was due to a change in the terms of service from Apple which meant we were unable to offer the application in online stores where we didn’t have a physical presence in the same country. I believe you are based in Vietnam which is why we had to pull our application from this particular store. To service yours and others needs, we developed a PWA application for such clients. As a regulated trading firm with over 45 years’ experience and 195,000 clients, we want to make sure our clients are given adequate material to boost their trading knowledge, particularly how to trade with IG, so please do get in contact if you wish to discuss anything further.
Kai,
Netherlands, Netherlands,
Nov 20, 2018,

Stop loss hunters

Stop loss hunters and a lot of other stuff which let you lose your money. Search for another broker which can be trusted
Reply by IG Group submitted May 23, 2019:
Hi Kai. Our business model is based on providing individuals with the opportunity to trade the world’s financial markets, in exchange for fair and proportionate transaction fees.

We want to make sure deal execution is as smooth as possible for all our clients, and we actively look to make sure rejections and re-quotes are minimal. If you are having continued issues, please get in touch and we can investigate further. If you want to discuss any of this further, please get in contact directly.
voukonov,
sweden, Sweden,
Sep 14, 2018,

IG is professional

I think IG does a good job as far as peoples money is concerned.
Just read all info about them before you start.
I lost a lot with them but because of my bad money management.
Whenever I ask for a money transfer, it is done in 3 days
VIPtrader,
Lithuania,
Jun 27, 2018,

Have 20.000€ or go away

You need more than 20.000€ to trade.
I was refected and can apply again if my savings or annual income will exceed 20.000 €. As proof I may need job contract or bank statement to prove I have these money