IG.com Review Visit site

Updated: Apr 8, 2020

Was at IGMarkets.com.  Other websites of this company include IGForex.com, IGIndex.co.uk.

About IG.com

IG is a forex broker. IG offers the WebTrader and MT4 trading currency platforms. IG.com offer over 100 forex currency pairs, cfds, commodities, stocks, index, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

IG.com

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:200:1
Minimum to Open Live:$250
Established:1974
Address:Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London, EC4R 2YA, United Kingdom
Contact:helpdesk@ig.com, (44) 207 896 0079
Regulators: ASIC #AFSL 220440, FSCA #FSP 41393, DFSA #F001780, FCA #195355 / 114059, NFA #0509630
Trading platforms:MT4, IG Web and Mobile Platform, ProRealTime
Currencies:(105+)
Cryptocurrencies:(10+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(16000+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Bond Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, PayPal
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, PayPal

Join live discussion of IG.com on our forum

IG.com profile provided by IG Group, May 13, 2019

The world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider*

Our vision
We aim to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, we put client needs at the heart of everything we do. This enables us to empower informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets.

24-hour support
Our highly trained team is available 24 hours a day from 8am on Sunday until 10pm on Friday, and from 9am to 5pm on Saturday UK time.

Powerful technology
Our intuitive platforms and apps are built for speed and security. We offer a fully customisable award-winning web platform, natively designed mobile and tablet apps, as well as a range of advanced third-party tools.

A global leader in online trading
We are the world-leading provider of contracts for difference (CFDs) and financial spread betting, and the UK’s largest retail forex provider.* We also offer execution-only share dealing, along with fully managed investment portfolios. With over 40 years’ experience behind us, we’re perfectly placed to help you make the most of the markets. *Based on revenue excluding FX (from published financial statements, October 2016). Losses can exceed deposits.

Daniel,
singapore, Singapore,
Apr 2, 2020,

Hold and Hold Helpline

Very bad helpline, you got to hold and hold and many a time you got to redial to get hold to a customer service officer and end up cannot help you and advise you to email which I do not get a response too.
A very low rating for me as a service line company.

Spain, Spain,
Mar 30, 2020,

Just horrible, stay away, SCAM and a bucketshop

Price manipulation, spread manipulation, lagging you name it they have it. If you have some extra to lose then go with IG.

Pete C,
Mar 20, 2020,

I have a pending case against them with ASIC. I Bought FX call options over a couple of weeks, no other transactions. Paid premiums up front as you do when buying options . They closed out all my positions after the fx rate changed the premiums of the these transactions, weeks and days after the purchases. Yes my up front premiums, were adjusted to a different/worse exchange rate after i had purchased them. This put my account into margin call and they closed out all the positions crossing a 14 point spread!

Spent more than 1.5 hours on hold, during euro open, to their "24 hour dealing desk", never had a call answered.

No one response to email or calls over 2 days. Will update with the outcome of the ASIC investigation when complete and provide details to this site to verify.

Prague, Czech Republic,
Mar 20, 2020,

Customer service is a joke!

They should fire all their support people asap. 3 weeks ago we sent all the documents and still waiting for the account to be opened!! Zero emails from them...
We gave up, never again...
Pennsylvania, USA,
Mar 19, 2020,

Customer service is terrible. Seems safe and Legit. Slippage is unreal

I have been trying to call them for days. I got a hold of a representative one time after waiting for a very long time. They did respond to my E-mail eventually. Seems safe and legit. Slippage is unreal. They didn't steal my money and their long term reputation is credible. It is a safe place for your money.

Dave,
Mar 15, 2020,

Make up own prices and hunt stops

Hunt stop loses out of hours, use own figures, slow down platform to benefit the house, bet against your trades, criminals stealing people’s money.

You are against the house and the house always wins using all the tricks and tactics they have.

Join if you want to lose everything.

Honestly.

Colorado, USA,
Mar 10, 2020,

Bad customer service and ripoff pricing

I was making $$$$ on demo account and same tally at the same time on their account was losing money. I have premium accounts with many portals like tradingview. Their rates will make you lose money. I withdrew all the money from their account.

India, India,
Feb 25, 2020,

IG THE IDIOTS GROUP !!!

IG group is pretending as a reliable forex broker but my experience with the broker proved the contrary. I have opened an account with them for my son and deposited some money. Only after started trading I came to know that they imposed all sort of restrictions on the trading account. I found that I could not open a trade without mentioning a Stop Loss and a Take profit. And the margin got increased each time when I increased the stop loss distance. The are calling it a Limited account.
I contacted their help desk and explained them I am using a strategy for which I do not use STOP LOSS. They said you have to prove by submitting your bank statement or any document which prove that you are strong enough to lose money by trading. I told them I am using my own money and you don’t have to worry about my loses. If I do not have money, I could not invest money for trading. I told them I have forex trading account with two more major Forex brokers and by using my strategy I am winning the trades without fixing Stop Loses. It all went to dump ears and they insisted me to send them my sons’ bank statement. I sent them the bank statement but they started insisting me to send them copies of other incomes and assets. I thought why do they ask me to prove my financial strength to trade with them using their platform and also the trades are not free. They are also benefited by my trades. Even then they did not take action to remove limitations on my trading account.
In fact I am using a trading strategy in which I keep on increasing lots and trade distances by opening pending orders. When they keep on increasing margin, I am unable to open new lots and the trade is getting disturbed. Also some of the Stop loss positions get triggered and the equity get reduced unnecessarily. I explained those idiots about how I trade and how the limitations on my account act as a real hindrance for my successful trading.
I would like to ask you what right the Forex Broker got to impose unnecessary restrictions on a client’s trading account as the money he uses to trade is his won and not from their family property. I explained them my problem and asked them to free my account from all the limitations at my own risk but they are not ready to do so. I really curse the moment I decided to open an account with IG the Idiots Group.

Kumar,
NSW, Australia,
Feb 21, 2020,

Hackers, worst unethical Brokers

They always hack the ports similar to another broker both these guys use shared folder access on their MT4 and MT5 platforms be mindful. That means they have incorrect firewall on installation hence everything will be against your trades to swindle money. If you don't believe install them platforms and run CC cleaner it will pick the wrong firewall access these guys have on these platforms. That's why forex trading is risk and 90% of the traders loose money it is not because you didn't know to trade. Very genuine view after years of analysis.
Jan 1, 2020,

one of the biggest

they are one of the biggest brokers and used to be my main account but i had a terrible customer service experience once where they never chased through my claim. I get the sense that they have so many clients, one mere complaint is never bothered about. I had my stop activated when their charts showed it didnt get close bu they told me charts were indicative only (!!!). Anyway, I still use them as my back up account because they have more markets than anyone else. Mostly solidas long as you dont have a complaint or query.

Is IG Broker good?

IG is regulated by the US NFA, Australia's ASIC, The UK FCA, and more.

The best way to answer if IG is a good broker is to read the unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/109/ig-forex-brokers

Additionally, we recommend that you check recent IG community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/igcom/

Is IG broker regulated?

IG is registered with multiple regulators around the world, including the NFA in the US, the FSCA in South Africa, the FCA in the UK, ASIC in Australia, and the DBFSA in the United Arab Emirates.

What is IG forex?

IG.com is a forex trading broker, allowing clients to trade and invest in global currency markets 24 hours per day, 5 days per week.

Is IG Forex legit?

IG is regulated in multiple jurisdictions worldwide. It is still a good idea to check the unbiased trader reviews for IG.com at Forex Peace Army: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/109/ig-forex-brokers

Service provided by a broker can get better or worse over time, and checking the FPA reviews is a fast way to see how a broker is performing now.

What is the minimum deposit for IG trading?

The minimum deposit for IG is $250 for debit cards. To deposit:

• go to IG.com and login to MyIG
  • select Live Account tab
  • select Deposit Funds

How long do IG withdrawals take?

• Bank withdrawals from IG should take about 24 hours or less. International bank wires take longer.
  • IG Withdrawals to credit card should be credited within 2-5 business days.
  • PayPal withdrawals usually only take a few minutes, but can sometimes take up to 24 hours.

How much leverage does IG offer?

IG offers leverage as high as 200:1 for forex pairs.

Please be aware that the leverage may be less depending both on the currency pair and on which of IG's regulators your account is under.

Is IG Academy free?

IG broker offers trading education called IG Academy. Forex trading courses and webinars in IG Academy are free.

What is IG Investment?

IG UK offers the IG Investment type of account.

This account allows dealing in stock shares; choices range from fully self managed to IG managed Smart portfolios.

What is IG spread?

IG broker offers spreads as narrow as 0.8 pips. Spreads will vary based on the currency pair, account type, and market conditions.