IG.com Review Visit site

Updated: Jan 9, 2020

Was at IGMarkets.com.  Other websites of this company include IGForex.com, IGIndex.co.uk.

About IG.com

IG is a forex broker. IG offers the WebTrader4 trading currency platforms. IG.com,offers currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, indices, shares, gold, silver, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

IG.com

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:200:1
Minimum to Open Live:$1
Established:1974
Address:Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London, EC4R 2YA, United Kingdom
Contact:helpdesk@ig.com, (44) 207 896 0079
Regulators: ASIC #AFSL 220440, FSCA #FSP 41393, DFSA #F001780, FCA #195355 / 114059, NFA #0509630
Trading platforms:MT4, IG Web and Mobile Platform, ProRealTime
Currencies:(105+)
Cryptocurrencies:(10+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(16000+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Bond Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, PayPal
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, PayPal

Join live discussion of IG.com on our forum

IG.com profile provided by IG Group, May 13, 2019

The world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider*

Our vision
We aim to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, we put client needs at the heart of everything we do. This enables us to empower informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets.

24-hour support
Our highly trained team is available 24 hours a day from 8am on Sunday until 10pm on Friday, and from 9am to 5pm on Saturday UK time.

Powerful technology
Our intuitive platforms and apps are built for speed and security. We offer a fully customisable award-winning web platform, natively designed mobile and tablet apps, as well as a range of advanced third-party tools.

A global leader in online trading
We are the world-leading provider of contracts for difference (CFDs) and financial spread betting, and the UK’s largest retail forex provider.* We also offer execution-only share dealing, along with fully managed investment portfolios. With over 40 years’ experience behind us, we’re perfectly placed to help you make the most of the markets. *Based on revenue excluding FX (from published financial statements, October 2016). Losses can exceed deposits.

Jan 1, 2020,

one of the biggest

they are one of the biggest brokers and used to be my main account but i had a terrible customer service experience once where they never chased through my claim. I get the sense that they have so many clients, one mere complaint is never bothered about. I had my stop activated when their charts showed it didnt get close bu they told me charts were indicative only (!!!). Anyway, I still use them as my back up account because they have more markets than anyone else. Mostly solidas long as you dont have a complaint or query.

England, United Kingdom,
Dec 20, 2019,

I have used IG for almost 10 years for spreadbetting and MT4.

They are a decent broker that I still trade with after all this time, and I have always made good money from my trading. Deposits and withrdawals are easy and fast too.

I do agree with SOME of the negtive feedback though. Margins can be high and I suspect price fixing at times, but as I say I still make money with them so it's not so bad.

Their support is also not great. I will be continuing to use them, but certainly can;t give them 5 stars.

Dec 9, 2019,

IG.com = SCAM

I have read all 1 Stars & I agree 100% with All of them.
Avoid IG.COM because you are the meat & ig.com is the hungry cat.
1- Number 1 Stop loss hunter in the business.
2- Price delay in all products almost all the time.
3- Worst customer service in the world.
4- Staff are all trained thieves.
5- An animal is now the CEO, & I am shocked how this SCAM company still do their criminal activity everyday.
6- ig.com is a SCAM syndicate not an honest broker. & finally f*** all regulators because they do not give a F**** about you.

Greg,
Lower Hutt, New Zealand,
Dec 2, 2019,

AVOID!!!

Chat service are not that knowledgeable. Severe restrictions on what you can set as a take profit on major currency pairs. I have found broker with far less restrictions and moe helpful.

Rotterdam, Netherlands,
Oct 31, 2019,

Watch out for this broker. Theyr business model is to steal your money

Watch out for this broker. In addition to the high spreads and slippage of up to 30-40 points and also stop loss hunting, customers are also deliberately included here because IG provides misleading information and indicates incorrect costs. At the trading with cfd's in crypto currencies they charge twice as much as what is described on the site and in the IG conditions. Customers pay more structurally as that is described. If you say something about it, they will block you from trading and try to sell you for stupid! I have watched that broker for years and they getting more bad by the day. You can call it a scam by now!! WATCH OUT

Mar 6, 2019 - 1 Star Dont trade with this broker. IG steals your money by triggering your stoploss. I saw 20 pkt. spreads on cfd's in forex and indices by this broker and its not the market conditions, its YOU the greedy Broker who does that. You guys are a bunch of stoploss hunters which give a shit about your clients. Your core business is taking the other side of the trades and stealing points from poor retail traders who dont know what they are doing. Shame on you IG, i thought you were different than other brokers!! Greets Kai

Reply by IG Group submitted May 23, 2019 We appreciate all feedback from clients, so thank you for taking the time to leave these comments. With that said, please allow me to address a couple of your points:

a) When you trade through IG, please note we use direct feeds which come from several different liquidity providers. We always follow best execution practices to get you the best price, shopping around on multiple exchanges and MMs using a smart order router. We will always be able to show you where the price has come from in the underlying market for things such as futures, shares, cryptocurrency deals, or other broader executed trades.

FX trades OTC and indices are future traded, however despite these differences our pricing models are pretty much the same. We take the best bid-offer spread available in the underlying market and project that on the IG platform with the appropriate spread (or in some instances a separate commission).

b) Our business model is based on providing individuals with the opportunity to trade the world’s financial markets, in exchange for fair and proportionate transaction fees. It therefore goes without saying that we do not manipulate price feeds, hunt stop losses, or engage in any other unethical practices.

I can see you’re based in the Netherlands, so you may find this link informative (https://www.ig.com/nl/op-welke-manier-maakt-ig-winst). Alternatively, you can go to IG.com and browse the same website location for the English version. You can also check the footer of the appropriate website for the relevant regulatory body.

If you’d like to discuss any of the above, please give us a call anytime.
daniel,
Sep 25, 2019,

Unethical/scam

IG Markets holds the dominant market share for CFD/FX traders in Australia. As someone who has traded with IG (and some other CFD brokers too) for around 2 years now, I've come to realize the company is taking it's market power for granted. When trading through IG it is very clear you are trading with a b-book broker. They send out dodgy trade ideas daily, 95% of which are c***. They make their own pricing when the markets are closed, including on weekends. When the market is closed and they are offering their own pricing, they blatantly chase stop losses. I remember being short the hang seng index, and 5 minutes before the market opened they move the price up to my stop loss, slightly passed it then back down. I happen to know they use the dow jones index to price the hang seng outside of trading hours, the dow jones index didn't move up during that time. This kind of thing happens almost every time you have an open position in one of their grey markets during a trading break. I've made it a habbit to remove my stop loss before the market closes, especially in the hong kong 50 CFD. Overall, I'd say dont bother with IG, even though they are market leaders, they are most definitely dodgy and only want you to lose money. There are far better brokers out there.
Lindsay,
ATLANTA, USA,
Sep 11, 2019,

Nothing but Problems

Since I've signed up with them a little over a week ago its been issue after issue. From the pairs being grayed out (THE PAIRS WITH FX BEHIND THEM) to the system always being offline, not connected to MT4. I keep missing my entry points in trades due to the error message "Not Connected" & "Off Quotes" indicating they have connection issues. I'm very annoyed. I want my money back and to find a new broker because this is beyond ridiculous. The helpdesk doesn't even know what they are doing.

Medellin, Colombia,
Aug 22, 2019,

Pushy, aggressive, annoying forex representative.

I tried to open a trading account but I desisted because IG representative for Latin America behave like an encyclopedia salesman... He just increases my distrust in this broker.. NOT recommended.. !!
Matt,
Brisbane, Australia,
Aug 19, 2019,

Restrict and suspend legitimate profitable trading!!!

IG Markets in Australia are criminal. I was a premium client with them until in 2016 they suspended my trading purely because I was profitable. I was profitable trading CFD's and Binaries. They take the other side of clients so if a client is profitable they aren't making money (don't give me the nonsense they make the spread).
I have since traded profitably for a friend and my mother, but they quickly restricted that trading then suspended it.
They are a scam if they only keep clients who lose money, which is what they do. They are happy to let inexperienced traders lose entire life savings, yet suspend legitimate traders who are using their service for the reason (they claim) to provide it.
ASIC and the Ombudsman are pathetic, almost corrupt, so it would be helpful to get numbers and form a group to take on these clowns. I can detail and support my claims too. I am not a sour grapes trader who's lost money.
NJ, USA,
Jul 13, 2019,

Great for anyone who prefers GMT charts

I would have given 1 star if it wasn't for my recent experience with the customer service (which was great). I had some horrible experiences at first with customer service. My latest experience was for a significant withdrawal which ended up working out ok. The only reason I am switching brokers is because their system doesn't work for my needs.
If you prefer GMT close candles, normally trade just the majors, small account size, swing/position trader, this broker is for you. These things are not me.