InteractiveBrokers.com Review Visit site

Updated: Nov 11, 2019

Other websites of this company include www.interactivebrokers.co.uk

About InteractiveBrokers.com

InteractiveBrokers is a stock broker. Interactive Brokers offers TWS web and mobile trading platform. InteractiveBrokers.com offers stocks, futures, options, ETFs, forex, CDs, bonds etc. for your personal investment and trading options.

InteractiveBrokers.com

Join live discussion of InteractiveBrokers.com on our forum

Cole James,
Florida, USA,
Aug 22, 2019,

UNETHICAL FEES, DO NOT USE THEM

IF I can convince just 1 person to stay away then it will hopefully prevent another person from getting charged $1000 over the course of 3 years draining my account to $0 with fees. Screw these guys.
John,
Mar 6, 2019,

Worst Broker Ever?

Honestly I thought Etrade and TD Ameritrade had problems, but Interactive Brokers made me feel lucky to be customers of these other two brokers. I can't believe IB is even allowed to advertise itself as a broker it's that horrible. Half the time the website doesn't work, the mobile application usually works but it's so crowded and convoluted I find it impossible to actually use for trading, and the desktop application looks like it was created in the 1980s and is almost unusable. Most of the time I have to login multiple times to the website just to successfully load my account details. They have this ridiculous "two factor auth" app that you must download to your phone just to be able to login to your account, instead of doing something smart like just using google authenticator.

Maybe if they had focused on creating one single useful platform like a website OR an app, OR a desktop application they would have succeeded at one instead of royally screwing up all three. And "low cost" isn't an excuse - Robinhood works just fine and they don't chart any trading fees.

The only reason someone might want to use IB is if they desperately need to be able to trade stocks on foreign exchanges. I can't imagine any other reason to put yourself through the horror of it.
Ken Serra,
Sacramento, USA,
Feb 1, 2019,

Do not do business with Interactive Brokers

The following are my opinions and experiences with Interactive Brokers. They took my money in a fiduciary relationship and converted it , defrauded my account, failed to disclose all fees. gouged my account and in the end half of my funds had become I.A.s, the stock losses and transfer fees were about 5% of the losses. Hopefully there company will be arrested for these frauds. I am experienced investor and have never been financially violated by a Gatekeeper of my funds before.
John C,
Phoenix, USA,
Nov 6, 2018,

CRAZY HIDDEN FEES!

AVOID AT ALL COST!!! So much hidden fees! Don't let their low commission trades full you, they will make it all up with hidden fees. My Roth IRA has been charged with crazy amount of fees. Trying them out was the worst thing I ever did.
Fred,
Nov 6, 2018,

Stay away...difficult to get a domestic wire out.

Deposits are easy...no so with withdrawals/wires. I followed their directions to a tee and they still refused/declined it.
Toronto, Canada,
Oct 11, 2018,

For sure they rob your money. They Rob small retail traders and help the big sharks to profit.

I lost all my hard earned money.
They developed an AI algorithm which tracks the small retail traders finds out their stop loss zone or their preset to hit the stop loss.

The moment you get stopped out, you can see level At level 2 and Tape the price will fly.

My expensive lesson learned: don’t get attracted by low commissions. This people are really high tech robbers.
Sam,
A, Canada,
May 9, 2018,

They will rob your money. Stay away from Interactive Brokers,

1- They move the market against you for an unknown spread.
2- Quotes are always delayed even if you subscribe to real-time market data. If you complain, they tell you bla. bla. bla. Instrument price is always 15 to 20 cents higher or lower than market price so they can move the spread against you.
3- Wherever your stop is placed, they go get it then the price goes back to the real market price.
4- They will charge accrued interests on forex trades for positions you have closed already.
5- The high and low of day / hr is always different from market by 15 or 20 cents.
6- Their Mosaic trading platform glitches and freeze.
7- Extremely poor customer service. Their representatives are well trained to give you no clear answer and put your call on hold for as long as you hang up.

Overall they will rob you out. You'll never make money with interactive brokers.
Tampa, FL, USA,
Nov 23, 2017,

Sales Rep Blew the Sale

I was very much interested in opening accounts at IB until I had contact with Mike Brady from the sales department in Chicago. He was a little “short” with me, and so I decided against it based purely on that interaction.
Henry,
Boston, USA,
Aug 24, 2017,

IB provides a loser environment for day trading

I recently opened an IB account in addition to my existing TD Ameritrade Account for a side by side comparison. My conclusion corroborates what others are saying here: IB is either trading against you OR, allowing one of their large clients to. There seems to be either a delay in the data or a total disconnect with the time and sales data emanating from IB that is always to the DISadvantage to my account. Conclusion: Avoid
Joel Weiss,
NYC, USA,
Apr 27, 2017,

Simply horrible. You simply cannot make money with all these things stacked against you with trading with IB . . STAY AWAY FROM Interactive Brokers!!!

You lose a lot of money with your trading account with these guys. If you become just a wee bit deficient in your margin, they immediately liquidate every trade position in your account at market orders. Also at times on weekends, your account may retrieve nothing or missing pieces of info on your account. You may even receive incorrect password even while giving your correct password and you simply can't log in to view your account or place orders. Then later, all in 'well again' with your account. Also at times pre entered orders just disappear from your account even with 'GTC' selected. And lastly you can become disconnected at any time online, even after just a minute or so. Try entering a trade then!