Trade View review: Pros, Cons, and Traders Ratings.

Updated: Jun 12, 2022 · TradeView.com.au  · Is this your company?
Trade View

Join live discussion of TradeView.com.au on our forum

Michael,
Sep 10, 2015,

I attended a workshop on automated trading earlier this year at Tradeview.
It was well worth the money, learning actual skills instead of just theory like most of these things. I now am building my own bots, being able to backtest theories and actually have a couple that make money while I sleep so very happy.

2015-08-24 5Star I completed the intermediate course a while ago now, and I have learnt some very important skills especially with regard to backtesting and evaluating results.

I have created a couple of trading systems that appear to have potential (I have backtested 5 years worth of data, including tick data I needed to import for one of the low-timeframe systems.I intend on setting up a demo account on a VPS and running them live for a while to see how they go.

Thanks again to the team at Trade View for encouraging me to partake in their course; not only did I learn a bunch of important things but it has provided me motivation to focus on proper system development and evaluation, rather than manual ‘trial and error’. I Hope to keep in touch with them.

Doug,
Aug 13, 2015,

Re: Intermediate Workshop
I just wanted to say thanks for running such a great workshop. It was fantastic to spend a couple of days learning the insights of a seasoned trader. I have walked away with a lot of new information and ideas to try. The beauty is that instead of learning someone else’s strategy which may not suit your risk tolerance or personality, you are guided through the process of building, optimizing and monitoring your own unique system.
I am hoping to form a two man algo team with a friend of mine and I have already recommended that he attend the Intermediate workshop. I wouldn’t rule out doing it again myself just as a periodic refresher and to keep up with the times.
The lunches provided were awesome and the staff always helpful. I feel that further education through Tradeview Investments would be money well spent. Also, the group size was small allowing the opportunity to ask plenty of questions and also facilitating open discussion.
I also completed the online version of the workshop beforehand which was really helpful and wasn’t charged for both. My personal opinion is that such ethics leave some other forex education companies for dead.
Thanks for a truly worthwhile weekend. I wouldn't hesitate to approach Tradeview for further education and coaching sessions as the value for money and attention to detail was excellent.

Doug

Western Australia, Australia,
Mar 28, 2017,

Review of TVI and the In-House Intermediate Workshop March 2017

Review of TVI and the In-House Intermediate Workshop March 2017

To start things off, I've been a member of TVI since 2014, having purchased the Online Intermediate Workshop and completing it, I found the information in there to be very detailed. Sure you can find that information on other websites but what you're really paying for is support from real traders; traders who work full time in this field, and are willing to help other traders better themselves and be successful in this extremely hard career.

Saying that, I've seen TVI grow and improve in all aspects of the business. They now have some extremely talented and hardworking traders who are passionate about imparting their experience and knowledge to all their clients. Fair enough you may be sceptical about them, but as the saying goes, 'don't judge a book by its cover'. If you had a bad experience with them over the phone, as some reviewers below claim that they're rather pushy, then maybe there's some misunderstanding going on. In those cases, how about you attend one of their free In-House seminars they hold every so often to gauge their legitimacy as a business. You'll soon realise after talking with them in person that they're genuine people whose intent truly lies with helping others. However, that suggestion isn't for everyone, and it's up to you to determine how far you want to go to clear your doubts.

To the reviewers who seem to be very defensive about imparting their system to TVI so they can help them build their system, the simplest thing to do is to not give your actual system, but make enough changes to it that it's different. Using a MA cross with some other indicators? Just provide a couple of the indicators and different values. I know it doesn't hold much weight on the internet, but trust me when I say that TVI are not in this business to steal other people's ideas for themselves. They ask their clients to provide this information so they can spend the necessary time to think of ways to help you automate your system. It's like the famous quote: “You give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish and you give him an occupation that will feed him for a lifetime.”. Saying that, TVI want you to learn how to automate your systems so you can become successful and create your own systems.

Referring to previous reviewer's comments regarding TVI using a third party software for building MT4 EAs, this is a case of the past. They now have their very own proprietary EA builder (developed in-house) which is extremely powerful and easy to use, in addition they also provide support and easy to understand knowledge base articles to help their clients. You can watch a demo of them building some EAs using their proprietary EA builder on their Youtube page.

Now, onto my review regarding the In-House Intermediate Workshop. It took me 3 years, since buying the Online Intermediate Workshop, to attend the in-house variant. After receiving an update from TVI that they have built their own proprietary EA builder, I decided this was the best moment to attend the In-House Intermediate Workshop. It's not easy to create your own proprietary EA builder, let alone design it so that it's also user friendly. I am still amazed at how powerful it is compared to other products out there which cost much more.

The workshop was broken down into 2 key sections over the weekend.

First day was going through some theory; trading concepts (that we all think we know and do :p), different types of trading systems, algo trading, technical analysis and other topics. Personally, I wondered how all the theory content in the workshop would be covered in the single day, and like many of you, would be sceptical. However, having personally gone through the workshop, the dynamics of how the content is presented was drastically different to my initial expectations. You'll be amazed at the sheer knowledge the head trader has to impart to the participants, ensuring that only the most important concepts are drilled into our heads (obviously for good reasons). What you get from the in-house workshop is real life experience and the ability to talk to real full time traders. By saying that, I came out learning more than I had anticipated as the experience imparted to me is priceless.

The second day is the most exciting day of the workshop. The first half is dedicated to showing how to use the proprietary EA builder, followed with an intense session where you build your EA with the help of the TVI traders. It is at this point in time where you will likely have built a prototype of your anticipated system, and in some cases, even manage to completely build it all. The final section of the workshop takes the participants through a proprietary EA analyser tool, also developed in-house, and just like the EA builder, is EXTREMELY useful. The tool allows the user to analyse how well their EA performs giving detailed information on losing and winning days, profit/loss each day of week, month, and year, and many other features. There aren't enough words to describe how good it is until you personally try it for yourself.

So that's my personal review of TVI and their In-House Intermediate Workshop. I too have read all the reviews in this thread, which no doubt brews scepticism in some people’s minds about them, but I felt my honest review of TVI was warranted as they definitely deserve it. They truly are a genuine group of people, and if you ever get a chance to meet them in person, then you no doubt will agree.

Samuel,
Jul 4, 2016,

Rob and the team are great. after months of hesitating i completed the online workshop and then went in May to complete the in-house 2 day workshop. what a difference. the online is great but the in-house is fantastic hearing rob tell us what he does for a living. we then spent all day building our strategies on sunday with eddie rob and elay. eddie was great explaining the fundamentals and building blocks required to build models and the guys really know what they're talking about when it comes to algo systems. It was a great experience over the 2 days with great food and drinks, nice to be part of a professional team.

Sep 27, 2017,

A happy customer

I wanted to say how impressed I have been so far (3 months in) with the training and support I've received from Trade View. I have attended various courses, bought several robots online but its safe to say nothing has come close to the attention Trade View has given to me.

At first I was unsure, how could I build automated systems without any knowledge of coding or programing - I must admit I needed some convincing. On this note, I must say, the traders who I spoke to were all very pleasant with me, never pushed me and provided me with all the assurance needed. I particularly enjoyed watching Edwin's youtube videos and one of his webinars (related to Breakouts). I realised their tool would allow me to build my own robots and the guys told me they would offer 'unlimited support' to help me do so. I've heard the offer of support many times in the past and on more than one occasion, but it was never delivered. However, I felt a level of trust with Trade View and they have certainly stuck to their word. I know whenever I give them a call, one of the traders will be more than happy to help me out (usually something simple).

So I am now three months in since starting with the Online Intermediate Program and now have my two robots running in a demo account. I will allow another month or so in a demo before trading them live and I'm incredibly excited. I've been really happy with the results so far. I've already referred some friends to Trade View and will keep recommending to anyone looking to work with a professional team. Thanks guys :)