Trade View review: Pros, Cons, and Traders Ratings.

Updated: Jun 12, 2022 · TradeView.com.au  · Is this your company?
Trade View

Join live discussion of TradeView.com.au on our forum

Danny Crisp,
South Australia, Australia,
Jan 29, 2020,

Bad pressure tactics

I joined trade view in late 2017 as a member of there trading Room. Not long after that I believed I was pressured to purchase there intermediate course when I wasn't really ready to do that. I should of told the person to get stuffed an hung up the phone
,but unfortunately I gave in, and purchased there intermediate course for $1600 with one year access to their EA lab, which I thought was a alright deal at the time. But the problem was I wasn't psychologically ready to do the course not to mention I was always have technical issues with thier course platform such as downloading data to my MT4 platform, which wasn't really rectified
Apr 10, 2020,

More time than I could commit

As it turns out, my initial review was a little premature. Emails between myself and Tradeview were not being delivered and hence there were a few crossed wires.

Trading itself requires more time and commitment than what I could afford to dedicate to it. Is that an issue with Tradeview or me?

To that end; and in all fairness to Tradeview, my review should be considered neutral.

Mar 29, 2020 - 1 Star After being constantly harassed by sales staff I finally gave in and signed up to their very expensive programs. I had told the sale rep on several occasions that I didn't have the time but was finally coerced into signing up.

After setting up the account I went through the first few modules and started to use the software to realise that it would in fact need many 100's of hours to actually use the software. I promptly indicated this and asked that a refund was given. This was around 14 days after signing up.
After a week of "review" my request was denied.
So there is no guarantee of any kind.
Pushy sales tactics.
No way of knowing whether it is the right thing for you before handing over thousands of dollars.
Gjøvik, Norway,
May 8, 2020,

Excellent

I first got introduced to TVI almost 2 years ago. The pepole on the desk are doing what ever they can to help you sucseed. I had never buildt a EA before and though that was just something pepole with coding skills could do.

Their EA Lab is easy to use and its a dream building algos.

Reply by EdwinC submitted Nov 24, 2020:
Hi Jo,

Thanks for the kind words.

It has been our pleasure working with you.

Keep building great models and we look forward to having you at this year's Algo Trading Conference.

Oct 28, 2020,

Overpriced introduction to MQL5

I signed up for the EA lessons and access to the EA builder; If i recall correctly, it was about $500 for the lessons, and another $100 per month to use the EA builder.

First off the Lessons were incredibly basic information, likely ripped straight from investopedia or babypips, with a bit of rewording going on, a few hundred dollars down the drain.

The lessons also offered an introduction to the EA builder which is basically simple lines on MQL5 code, packaged into a neat little colorful tab you then drag and drop into place. The issue is, you still have to understand MQL5 to be able to compile an EA, so you are better off learning the actual language which will take the exact same amount of time to learn, except you will have an abundance of support from the FREE forums and huge library of information.

The EA builder is also very limited in what it can do, you arent free to implement anything you can think of, rather restricted to the lines they offer.

Second; the salesman Mat is an absolute pest. I signed up for the EA builder, then within the hour he was on the phone trying to get $10,000 out of me for a conference about EA's. He was relentless, every other day he would call and just cram this poo down my throat while I would constantly try get off the phone. Even after repeatedly telling him im not interested, and i thought it was a waste of cash, he would not stop. Saying he is as annoying as a mosquito is an insult to mosquito's, the guy just wont leave you alone. He put a sour taste in my mouth with trade view from literally day 1 and I should have left at that point.

If you want to build an EA, just go to MQL5 and learn the full language, you wont get hassled, and its absolutely free.
Reply by EdwinC submitted Nov 15, 2020:
Dear Cantthinkofone,

We kindly request that you send an email to info@tradeview.com.au with your full name and contact details so that we can look into your complaint.

Please enter your FPA name ‘Cantthinkofone’ in the email for reference.

Dec 13, 2021,

Refunded my money promptly

I contacted them last week about being billed and they were able to organise a refund. It took about 2-3 days for the funds to be returned.

Dec 8, 2021 - 1 Star I cancelled my subscription a month ago, and still got billed.

I’m very unhappy about this.

I called them today and they said they will sort it out tomorrow.

I’ll update this once I know they outcome and if they refund the money.

Nov 25, 2021 - 1 Star After many months of being inactive, I re-joined the pro plan at $99 per month.

Spreads, swaps, fees and commissions are not factored in when using Tester.
Can only change initial capital, leverage and spread (variable or fixed). Cannot “tell” the algo to only trade long or short. It will only trade “as built”.

Because of this, and some other personal reasons, I decided to cancel my subscription, but the following day my access to Builder had been denied. Then when I made a dispute with PayPal they turned my access back on. Sneaky!

I paid for a month and expect to get a full month, not less than one week. I felt cheated.

Most likely I won't be dealing with this mob again.

Their offering is expensive, if you really want to build automated trading systems, there are better options elsewhere.

Jun 4, 2021 - 5 Stars It turns out they had my old phone number and weren't able to get in contact. I've since subscribed to their service, as I gave them a call and they were able to help me get started in using their platform. Learning from professional traders is a surefire way to dramatically shorten the learning curve.
Upon learning more about trading, I've since decided that everyone has different risk profiles, and some with a large appetite for risk are more suited to forex trading.
As they say, no risk, no reward.

Jun 3, 2021 - 5 Stars They recently did a great webinar, demonstrating a handy tool that makes automating trading systems quick and easy.

They really do go the extra mile to ensure clients are satisfied. They may be busy around the market open and close, but they are always just a phone call away and usually reply to emails within 24 hours.

I completed the online intermediate course back in 2016. They taught how to turn manual strategies into automated systems you can run with minimal monitoring on Metatrader 4. Although programming knowledge is useful, it wasn't required to do the course.

Today, I'm still on the journey of learning and discovery, and learning from Trade View really helped me turn the corner from trading manually to finally breaking through to breakeven/mildly profitable. As long as I keep learning from mistakes, i'm confident I will continue to improve.

Anyone can do it, you just need to have an open mind.

May 19, 2021 - 2 Stars I don’t recommend this company.
Was told I would be called this morning, but 5 hours later still haven’t heard from them.
Cheapest ticket for a conference is $5000.
You can buy a ton of books for $5000 on automated trading and would probably learn much more.
Better still, buy $1000 worth of books and leave the remaining $4000 to trade with.
Forex CFDs are one of the worst products to trade as there is negative swap on almost every pair.

Reply by EdwinC submitted Jun 7, 2021 Hi Gloria,

Thank you for your update.

We are always here to help and as with any endeavour, it takes time and hard work to achieve success.

We look forward to continuing to assist you in your development as a trader.

Yours sincerely