CoreSpreads.com Review Visit site

Updated: Apr 17, 2018

CoreSpreads is a forex broker. Core Spreads offers the Core Trader and Core MT4 forex trading top platform. CoreSpreads.com offers over 35 forex pairs, plus indices, commodities, and equities for your personal investment and trading options.

CoreSpreads.com

Join live discussion of CoreSpreads.com on our forum

CoreSpreads.com profile provided by Mat Thacker, Dec 3, 2015

Core Spreads is a London-based financial spread betting, CFD and FX provider committed to offering some of the tightest spreads in the industry with its low-cost, no-noise business model.

Core Spreads gives traders a choice of platforms and securities:

Core MT4 Fixed: Indices x 14, FX pairs x 39, commodities x 4,

And, CoreTrader (for spread betting);

Indices x 16, FX x 34, commodities x 5, UK equities x 500+ and euro equities x 100+.

Risk warning: Spread bets and CFDs are leveraged products. Losses may exceed deposits.

Ziggy99,
Apr 15, 2018,

UPDATE - I previously reviewed Core Spreads and rated them highly as at that time I had not experienced a slippage problem and had found them to be a very good broker to deal with. I have updated my review to 3 stars as in recent times I am regularly experiencing slippage on entry ( on stop orders for entry, and also market orders) maybe it is because I am a profitable trader, maybe it's something else - but after 2+ years of virtually no slippage on entry it has now become the norm, most recently a 7.9 pip slip during a time of little volatility. I am now looking for alternatives to use.

Feb 2, 2018 - 4 Stars Interesting reading the other comments - my experience has been very positive, I use the CloudTrade platform, not MT4, & all of my trades are either placed as stop or limit orders, entry, stop & profit-take.
Things I like are:
1. Fixed & tight spreads
2. In 2+years I've only ever been slipped twice, both times in very high volatility.
Things I don't like
1. Trades can take a few seconds to appear as opened or closed, but in my experience always at the price I've asked for.

From my perspective the platform suits my way of trading & the execution of my trades has been pretty flawless, I rate them as honest, with tight spreads & good execution - so I rate them highly at 4stars
Waldemar,
Poland,
Dec 3, 2017,

Confirm. After a few winning months, they stopped to execute my trades. Their business is to take money from losing traders.
peepbb,
Jul 11, 2017,

BEWARE OF CORESPREADS!!!!!!

Core spreads are obviously the market maker business model. My EA detected constant slippage added by the broker. When I tried to open positions it didn't open many times. When this happens several times I asked them whether they installed some plugin to MT4 to prevent open trades. Core spreads didn't open on my emails. There is also not possible communicate through live chat. I get just 1 answer on 20 emails!!! They are obviously happy only if client loosing account. My first language is not English, so I asked my husband to interpret and they refused it!!! Very unfriendly service, scam and they try to rob you as soon as possible. After my email regarding plugin they blocked my MT4 account and after a call, they blocked also my client portal to prevent withdrawal. My accounts use to be blocked with open positions!!!!! You can imagine how danger is if you are a scalper and they block your account with open positions for 72 hours!!!! I made the withdrawal. Now I waiting for my money and prepare the complaint to their regulator. In case they will do it to you here is information what to do: P: +44 (0) 203 301 0483 contact@finsaeurope.com
You can say that you will contact Financial Conduct Authority. This is the place where they are regulated. This is not the first time when I have seen the total scam in Forex industry, but I can say Core spreads are one of the worst brokers. BEWARE!
Hollie Pentelow,
Feb 4, 2017,

Tight spreads, great execution.

I have traded with many brokers, but core spreads are so far the best i have be with.

Almost no re-quotes, very simple platform and extremely tight spreads.
I cannot fault them to be honest.
David Bivol,
Jan 21, 2016,

A simple business model to support an easy way to lose your money. I have had a variable account with them with 6K to try on a side, and I closed it 2 days after. Easier to communicate with a real person than with other brokers, unfortunately when that person doesn't know their own products that doesn't work. They publish an "information market sheet" which is wrong. Enormous slippage, round commissions, and stop hunting that they don't try to hide.
In summary a good formula to attract amateur traders simply and make money without them. After all, they do spread betting. Sorry but I will stay with a real ECN one which just executes my trades.
From the technology point of view, they only offer a customer web-based "platform" which is extremely limited, and MT4. Their account management tool is the most limited thing I have seen and I have tested a good 2 dozens of brokers. They don't offer leverage configuration and they messed accounts on 2 occasions.
Among the few good things I have seen is the funding and withdrawal processes which is very fast and costless when using a card.