trading-strategies.info (Philip Newton) Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 9, 2016

Join live discussion of trading-strategies.info (Philip Newton) on our forum

Paul W,
Jul 31, 2008,

I have been in Phil's trading room for about 9 months now and highly recommend it.
Phil is one of the most honest and open traders I've come across. I've learnt more from his approach to trading than I care to admit. His money management rules and entry/exit rules are cast in stone. It's been hugely useful for me to see an expert rigidly stick to their rules even through draw downs and come out the other side smiling, where I would have previously been looking to modify my rules.
You just have to look at his monthly pip totals to see that his approach works and it's all done live and fully explained in his trading room.
Great service, highly recommended.
craigaudio,
Dec 10, 2007,

I have just competed a month in Phil Newton’s forex trading room and thought id give some non biased feedback on the service.

Phil is very attentive to the groups needs and takes time to explain the rationale behind his trading decisions and gives extra help those who are struggling to understand the concepts or require questions or clarification on any issues. The other members in the room are a good bunch and will also help you out if you have any questions.

To supplement the live room they also have videos and slideshows to help bring you up to speed quickly with the trading setups that the group look for on a day to day basis. Within a week I totally understood the setups and began to actively search for trades myself.

The main two forex setups are extremely simple and revolve around breakouts from the Asian overnight session as well as fib retracements. More importantly, there is a rigid money management approach that over time that I believe will make you money. Phil also trades the YM in the afternoon although I usually only stuck around until midday when most of the forex action was over.

Personally I have not continued the service because my bread and butter focus is on US futures with a different strategy and I started looking at forex as an additional revenue stream. However I found trading forex in the morning before the US opened was taking up more time than I wanted to invest so I have knocked it on the head. Trade to live not live to trade is my motto. Im not a morning person and the sessions start around 6.30am so you need to be motivated to be there and not miss the action that is mostly in the early morning.

The room is certainly worth investigating if you are seriously considering trading forex on a fulltime or part time basis. At about £60 for the first month, even if you don’t continue as a subscriber, its worth paying out as you will learn some good tactics that you can use to implement in your trading.

Happy Trading,
Craig

p.s. May seem strange that ive given the service 5 stars but have dicontinued subscription after the first month. Basically i believe the service is of a good quality and the strategy is a viable pip winner if you are willing to put the effort in.

However everyone is individual and you need to trade a system that fits your personal goals. I dont want to invest the extra time and effort required to succeed in this secondary revenue stream so the fact that i could be making more money in the room doesnt really come into play. Time is just as precious.
James,
Dec 7, 2007,

Phil Newton (Newtron Bomb) is a dedicated full time FX & futures trader and educator. Although his primary trading and teaching focus is the forex market, his live room offerings include dazzling afternoon scalping sessions on the DOW when conditions merit.
As a trader, in my opinion Phil is a virtuoso performer! Whether scalping, day or swing trading Phil shows consummate skill day after day - comparable with any practitioner at the top of their profession. His six main trading strategies – applicable to charts across the board, whether short, medium or long term - Forex, Stock Market or Commodities - are carefully thought through and presented with the utmost clarity. These are reflected in his comprehensive training and educational website intended for traders wishing to learn how to develop their own FX trading skills. To find out what’s on offer go to Phil’s recently revamped site – www.trading-strategies.info and click on Membership Benefits. I can assure readers that what you see is not only what you get, but there is also much, much more. However, you need to experience Phil in action – live – fully to appreciate his holistic approach to trading and teaching.
The core and inspirational powerhouse of Phil’s work is his daily LIVE TRADING ROOM. As you enter the room (preferably around 6.00 am!) you truly become an active member of a forex education and trading community, each one able to learn at his/her own speed and level of experience. The days begin with reviews of the major currency pairs, short-listing the ones with highest probability trading opportunities. You can choose whether to participate in the general discussion or communicate with Phil privately.
As a teacher, Phil guides by example; at the same time he gives us the ‘Why’ as well as the ‘How’ and ‘When’ in trading. He has a rare ability to convey his thinking and feeling in speech - a kind of stream of consciousness - thereby helping us to understand the processes within trading. This is invaluable! He is methodical and consistent. He maintains a constant overview with respect to past support and resistance levels while dealing with the immediate trading situation. We learn through reasoning as well as repetition. Phil encourages us to think for ourselves, to become self reliant, and to learn from our mistakes in a supportive atmosphere, where necessary rebuilding confidence. Of late, with the agreement of room members Phil gives homework exercises for the weekend, relevant to the past week’s trading. This certainly concentrates the mind and consolidates the learning!
As a person, Phil is patient and kind. He is generous, has a sense of humour and is unremittingly passionate about his own personal development and that of others through trading. Other characteristics that impress are his openness, honesty and the transparency of his trading activity. (All his results are available and members are witnesses to their veracity.)
If you are in the fortunate position of being able to explore the Trading Strategies website, and have the necessary time and circumstance to sample Phil Newton’s Live Trading Room I’m sure you will not be disappointed. Your trading skills will be immeasurably enhanced. Moreover you will discover that in addition to being a great trader and excellent teacher, Phil is also a really nice guy!
HJS UK November 2007
Chris,
West Yorkshire,
Nov 13, 2007,

I've been a member of Phil's website for a couple of years and a member of the live trading room since it started in August and for the first time in my short(ish) career, i'm starting to see some consistant and positive results.

I would highly recommend Phil's services to anyone - if you want to make it in this business, you might as well learn off one of the best and cut that steep learning curve down a bit.

Chris
Marzena Farthing,
Herts, UK,
Nov 12, 2007,

I'm new to live trading and have spent several months reading and attending various seminars/courses on trading different markets. After the initial disillusionment with so called fool-proof systems, mainly bought on internet(financial markets, golfing and horse-betting), claiming to be 90% accurate (whatever made me believe it? wishful thinking I know it now as I've lost over £1000!)I was recommended by Clickevents (excellent course which I attended was run by Alan Rich about trading shares)to try out for free Phil Newton's Live Forex Room. I can only spread-bet so Forex Market and Phil's expertise delivered live are ideal for that!!! Not only can I follow his thinking, and he's very good at doing it aloud, as the price set-ups occur and trades can be entered into, but also view numerous, educational videos, explaining in details his strategies which he implements daily in front of all Room members. The icing on the cake for me is the personalised service that I get ie I can post my questions which are then answered by Phil privately or by other members in the Room. I've been subscribing for 3 months now and can see many of the same names every months, not just the new adepts. Some people amaze me with their knowledge of trading, yet they still log on often daily and contribute to the Room, some work p/time like me and/or just watch and learn or paper trade. Phil's strategies are SIMPLE to understand and implement and I can see how effective they are in producing consistent profits but limiting losses with tight stops. The system requires a highly disciplined approach to trading - only if certain criteria are met. I'm looking no further for now and sticking with Phil! Recommend you do the same!
Steve Theobald,
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA,
Nov 3, 2007,

Looks good, but the live trading room is $250 per month. Just the website access is now about $60 per month.
Marcos (SFS Member),
Spain,
Apr 25, 2007,

So far I have just tried the 3 weeks trial and I can say there is excellent trading information to learn about it. The most I like is the huge library of trading videos showing the information. This is a website where you can learn and improve your trading knowledge and skills. The monthly fee is reasonable in my opinion (aprox. 50 US$) according to the valuable information contained in the website. As a member of the Secret Forex Society I recommend this website.