VPSServer.com Review Visit site

Updated: May 18, 2017

Join live discussion of VPSServer.com on our forum

Makati, Philippines,
May 1, 2017,

Free Trial is not Free. They will ask you to deposit money then charge you during free trial.

I signed up for a 14-day free trial to see how well this VPS performs. I thought I wouldn't have to spend anything since this is a free trial but when I finished choosing my server, it wanted to charge me $30. This already should have given me a red flag but I decided to ask their support about it to get some clarification. They told me that the $30 will be deposited to my account balance but I will not be billed. I hesitated because this was supposed to be a free trial. I went against my better judgement and decided to continue with the "free" trial. My server setup was a 4 core i7 CPU with 2GB RAM, 100GB Disk space with 3TB data transfer allowance. I chose the "Forex OS" option with Windows 2016 as my server. This setup was supposed to come with MT4 preinstalled but when I first logged in, MT4 was nowhere to be found. This was the second red flag. I again contacted chat support and they had to login to my server to manually install MT4. When I checked again, they installed MT5 which does not work with some Forex brokers. I decided to manually download and install TradersWay MT4 instead. Then I decided to test the capability of the server. Downloaded and installed two more MT4s from two different brokers. So now I have TradersWay, Forex.com and FXCM instances of MT4 running. It's important to note that I have been able to successfully run these 3 MT4s simultaneously on my corei3 laptop with 2gb ram and on a 5mbps connection with other programs like Chrome and Outlook running as well plus other background programs. It never came to the point that I had to restart my core i3 laptop because of a non responding system. On their VPS server, the system would stop responding after a few hours and I had to reboot the server! I even checked the CPU usage and the maximum it ever got was 40%! I started to wonder whether they were somehow limiting the usage. Anyway, I just let that pass and decided to run just two instances of MT4 which was running just fine.
However, come May 1, I received an email from VPSServer.com that I have been billed $5.54. My free trial doesn't end until May 8, 2017! I contacted their chat support again and they asked me if I destroyed and reinstalled the server. I never did. All I ever did with the server was install MT4, update and restart. I was then told to email info@vpsserver.com to have this account investigated. So I did and asked for a refund. This is their reply:

"Your account has been automatically excluded from a Trial based on our Risk decision.
To compensate you i can add free credits to your account. These credits equal a 14-day trial."

If you read their terms and conditions before you sign up for a trial, you will not see anywhere in the document stating that you will can be excluded from the free trial based on a "Risk decision". I think the $30 deposit was just a ploy to get my money in an account balance that they can automatically charge without your permission.