TradeWithChris.com Review

Chris Mathis

Updated: Apr 29, 2020 ·  · Is this your company?
TradeWithChris.com

Website is down. Company seems to be out of business.

Join live discussion of TradeWithChris.com on our forum

Constanta, Romania,
Apr 27, 2020,

GAMECHANGER

So at anything in life if you want to elevate your game to the next level you want to learn from somebody who is already were you want to be, you want to learn from somebody who has a PROVEN track record, EVEN when Chris was going through a rough patch in trading, because it shows that even the best go through rough times... form is temporary class is permanent!

Chris Mathis TICKS all the boxes.

Feb 1, 2020,

Performance has been a disaster and too many changes in the last 12 months

I have been with Chris for over 2 years and the changes have been staggering with his course but above all with his performance. So much has changed since he created a new website platform. When I first joined I was excited given the material he provided with the live webinar and analysis. He had his course on TradewithChris with his analysis , trade signals which at that time the signals were a lot more reliable. Some good trades back then.

From there he joined with JD and all went down hill. His performance started to take a real hit but I will say that he was possibly forced to cover way too much material which took away the focus for him top pick good trades. As a result of joining with JD, the negative trades started to accumulate. The partnership with JD came at a big cost. Performance and a change to the course platform. He end up leaving the JD partnership as the amount of work with JD was way too much for him to focus on his technical & fundamental analysis.

After he left he started to work on his own platform yet again which took a couple of months to be established and ready for us traders. Once this was ready the new website ChrisMathisFX had technical, fundamental analysis with daily outlook, and live webinars. Do not get me wrong, great analysis from him and also the reports that were provided by him have been really interesting. Reports such as FX, equity strategy, risk index. barclays, oil & gas have been fantastic. To cut this short now he moved again to discord due to some issue with his previous platform. Certainly the trade performance has been very disappointing, and also he does not reply on time and sometimes I had to follow up with him to get an answer. I asked him quite a few times about the additional technical analysis that he was going to add and he kept say within a few weeks and these weeks have turned months.

Let me be clear that the CHRIS i ONCE KNEW has changed. The old course with performance was fantastic. Now I am very disappointed with this. I believe that my membership will end end of this year and I probably won't join again. I am tired of asking him about the new extra courses he was going to add since much has not been delivered. The trade calls are long gone. There's no confidence from what I can see. Anyway this is my summary from what i have experienced since I joined the course.

Jan 4, 2020,

Has not performed as expected

I have waited a while to write this review as I really wanted Chris to turn around his performance and I didn’t want to provide a negative review. Unfortunately, after 15 months, I can’t continue with his service as its just getting worse and worse. I really wasn’t going to write this review, but after googling his name and looking at his track record via myfxbook I realised he has removed the bad performing trades or switched services/accounts to ensure a verified account with good performing trades. His track record was the basis of why I subscribed to his service in the first place.

The good:
Chris does provide details about his trades and the reasoning why he placed them. There used to be weekly videos about 15-20 minutes long that explained his trades. He definitely does know his stuff and his system / mental approach about taking trades probably was profitable in the past.
The bad:
In the last four months or so he has separated a bit from Jarratt Davis and as a result the weekly videos stopped when he organized his own web platform. I stopped receiving communication updates so I have no idea what is going on now. My subscription is still going with the trade copier service but there has not been a trade in a month or so. I am not sure if he is on holidays or not.
The drawdown has been worse than expected as others have stated. Since subscribing in October 2018 the drawdown on my account has been 11%. It would have been a lot worse that this but halfway through I started reducing the lot sizes to control damages. During the beginning Chris said to hang in there for a quarter while he adjusts his trades. But it has been 15 months now and the trades are still losing.

Overall I would not recommend mainly due to the consistent bad performance over the 15 months. Perhaps something has change in the market and Chris is unable to adjust.
Please view track record here. You can see it is quite difference from his published track record:
Overall performance:
Monthly gain 2018
Monthly gain 2019

Mark,
Bali, Indonesia,
Jul 30, 2019,

A long term member and generally happy despite a recent bad form

I have been one of Chris's longterm members for quite some time now.
Some might say that Chris has had a recent show of bad performances and while this is true to some degree, I have followed Chris long enough to fully trust his trading techniques.
I am happy to ride the storm until I see some clear skies.
In the past, Chris has helped me make some good profits trading whether by signals or training.
Anyway, thanks Chris for all your help and I know things will turn around very soon as they seem to be already.

trader1011,
Prague, Czech Republic,
Jun 14, 2019,

Unprofessional!

Chris’s performance is going STEADILY down the slope for past 8 months (!!!). The drawdown is not -6% as Chris says, but -15.8% as of now. This might not be the exact thread, but Chris put his reputation under his performance as offered by Jarratt. Btw there is no other thread where this can be addressed. Market conditions changed and sadly Chris can’t adapt to that at all, even though he tries. The last massive loss on longing the GBP against all odds concerning the Brexit uncertainty is just another nail to the coffin. Both Jarratt and Chris are not taking any corrective measures, continue losing our money heavily and their reputation suffers heavily. Never ever have I experienced such a tremendously bad service from the self-proclaimed “professional”.

Reply by Chris Mathis submitted Jul 5, 2019:
Hi.

Sorry to hear about the disappointment with the copier. I would gladly speak with you if you would like to reach out. The account you are mentioning is a connected account that is leveraged, not the master account I am trading unleveraged. The numbers will be doubled there. The drawdown is not large unless leveraged, but the time down has been the longest of my career. We should probably take that into consideration and have a conversation about that.

Once again I need to point out that this is not the Jarratt Davis review section. The tradewithchris program has never ran a copier program. This is an educational site. Please direct your comments there.

With that said we have taken corrective measures, and it has not been about adapting to the market. For me to get into detail here would be kind of pointless, but please feel free to contact me if you would like to have a fair conversation. chris@tradewithchris.com
Australia,
Apr 30, 2019,

I'm glad to hear that people have had positive experiences with Chris as a mentor. His trade copying service, marketed through Jarrett Davis, has been a complete disaster with no less than 6 out of 7 losing months since it began. Those of us who bought a year's subscription are significantly our of pocket. I have been told a refund is being considered and I think this would be a fair solution.

Reply by Chris Mathis submitted Jun 4, 2019:
Hi Riddelin.

I understand that the past couple of quarters of the copier service have not been my best performance, but it is a low risk approach that is down about 6% over the period specified. Significantly out of pocket would imply that additional leverage is being added which is out of our control. Also, this review is in the wrong place as that is a service under the Jarratt Davis program and has nothing to do with the education program offered at TWC.

Best,
Chris
Korea, Republic of,
Sep 18, 2017,

I joined his website and I am glad I did

I first came across Chris years ago when he was a Forexmentor instructor. I recently found him again and learned that he has his own website. I decided to become a member and I am very glad I did.
In Forex some instructors focus on Technical Analysis and some on Fundamental Analysis. I would say that Chris does take both into account in a very good and balanced blend.
It is not uncommon to find Forex instructors who don't trade. Chris is a trader and a successful one. He explains his trades in detail providing the reasons he is taking the trade, his entry, his stop and take profit target so you can make money, most of the time, while you learn (because losses are part of the game). He not only shares his trades but he also shares (in real time) how he manages them.
He offers daily video analysis of the markets and important news. Traders at any level can benefit from becoming a member as you will be trading along side a very professional and knowledgeable trader. Since I joined I have seen the content of his website grow and improve. Chris also offers a very concise (optional and additional) trading course which you cover trading psychology, technical and some fundamental aspects of Forex.

Denmark,
Jul 16, 2017,

New to forex? This is where you should go!

Chris service (www.tradewithchris.com) is so good and especially for beginners. I have been trading for a couple of years now, but I still use his service because it gives me insight into the entire market, as an article would not be able to. His daily report and his webinar I would never be without.

United Arab Emirates,
Jul 13, 2017,

Personal trading mentor

Chris is a good person and a professional trading mentor. Has good understanding about top-down approach, market conditions, macro economics and mass behavior. His strengths are his skills on risk management,consistency and process oriented approch. He is successful in teaching the "patience" required to become a successful trader. I would recommend him as a personal trading mentor to anyone.

Hasan Haque,
Jul 12, 2017,

Highly recommended

I've been with Chris Mathis for over 6 months and I can clearly see my progress. His Trading course and market analysis are very useful. Doesn't matter if you are a long/short time trader those analyses are very helpful to get the idea about market direction. Their support is very responsive as well. Overall I would highly recommend trading with Chris if you are struggling with forex trading.