Saxo Bank Review

Formerly SaxoBank.com

Updated: Jul 27, 2020 · Home.Saxo  · Is this your company?

Saxo is a forex broker. SaxoBank offers the SaxotraderGO and SaxoTraderPRO forex trading platform., Home.Saxo offers over 165 forex currency pairs, stocks, cfds, commodities, futures, bonds, gold, silver and oil for your personal investment and trading options.

Saxo Bank

Other websites of this company include ForexTrading.com, Markets.saxo and SaxoMT4.com.

Minimum to Open Live: $10,000
Established: 1992
Address: Philip Heymans Alle 15, Hellerup, 2900, Denmark
Contact: +48 222 755 570
Regulators: ASIC #126 373 859, CNB #28949587, DFSA #1149, Bank of France #483632501 R.C.S. Paris, SFC #1395901, CONSOB #296, FSA #239, DNB #34357130, MAS #200601141M, FINMA #CHE-106.787.764, Central Bank #2017/995/13, FCA #551422
Trading platforms: SaxoTraderGo, SaxoTraderPRO
CFD: (19000+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Securities transfer
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, Transfer to Existing Broker

Join live discussion of Home.Saxo on our forum

Thomas,
Spain, Spain,
Feb 20, 2014,

Saxotrader could be a cool platform - it is were not for those obnoxious DISCONNECTIONS.
You can easly get disconnected up to 10 x per hour - which is what happens to me - in a trading hour. Even though I have 9MB download and 2MB upload line.
I tend my internet speed when I get disconnection, and my speed is mega fast, yet the Saxotrader plaform disconnects - again.
There support email plenty of "tricks" or options such as changing connection from AUTO to TCP or HTTPS but all of this is a complete waste of time.

I would like to hear from other users who suffer the same issue - very frequent disconnections, very slow popups when cancelling orders (half of the time empty with no text), very slow order delivery to their servers.

If it were not for those major acceptable issues, I would recommend them 100%. Very transparent and honest in my opinion, but Saxotrader platform too slow and buggy.

I would recommend they produced a "fast", "lightweight" platform without all the gimmicks that sends orders FAST to the server and they should increase server speed on their side.

Pity, could be perfect, but disconnection makes it a nightmare.

aj,
Canada, Canada,
Feb 1, 2014,

Customer service sox!
they dont even bother to reply.
sent first email and they said this is wrong department, contact the other " EMAIL " , sent 2 email to "OTHER EMAIL" and oh yea ! SURPRISE SURPRISE ! NO ONE BOTHERED TO ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION !

jonas hammar,
Dublin, Ireland,
Dec 14, 2013,

I have been with SAXO since August 2013. I invest mainly in stocks.
8 times of 10 when I buy a stock I got them lower than my buy order = I saved money. So this means that they ARE honest!

My experience with their support is very good. My account manager always get back within hour and give good advice/ explanation etc.

Just started to learn Forex trading in their system, can't say if they are cheating or not but since they have a 8PIP spread I dont see why they would cheat as they make tons of money on this high spread.

Conclusion for me is that they are very good and I trust them.
Maby little expensive on the spread but thats it. You get what you pay for. Many "low spread" have many hidden costs, I prefer a trader who is transparent with costs as Saxo Bank.
I have mixed result on the forex BUT thats only because of me doing wrong choices.

Dennis,
Alkmaar, Netherlands,
Apr 21, 2013,

Total scam!!
Stop losses are always hit, often at "spike" that didn`t occur in real time.
They also tamper with your margin, two times I got a margin stop out at night (forex) while the spotlevel did not reach the values at the time of the stop out.
Helpdeskservice is very unfriendly and arrogant.
Avoid the Saxobank, flushing your money through the toilet is easier and more fun.

Alessandro,
Firenze, Italy,
Apr 9, 2013,

I'm experiencing a live account with SAXO. I was catched by a very good offer for new customers: deposit $2000 and get a Mini Ipad for free. Well, infact you need to do a more than reasonable amount of trades every month for almost six months, but it's fair enough.
They were really professional and sent me the Ipad the same day I deposited. I also tried to withdraw part of my money: it took only one business day, WOW. That's becouse it's a bank I guess.
Problems arrived one day, when the connection to the platform was very instable. I could not access it for more than an hour and I lost money. I asked for refund and after they checked the log, they admit I was unfairly damaged and refund the part of my loss due to the bad connection.
I think this broker has a solid organization behind, they proved to be very smart, honest and efficient. The platform is also good, apparently the black out was a very rare event and I hadn't any other problem.
I reccomend it: try this broker with confidence.

JT,
, Singapore,
Mar 28, 2013,

Saxotrader2 platform is out of the most unstable in terms of FX data feed. Almost 100% problem after each software update or every other fortnight. If you are an intraday FX scalper, forget it. Its the FX market, no one can wait for minutes for a chart to be called up and problem is normally worse during the NY hours!!! Support is unhelpful and arrogant

I.a.a,
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia,
Mar 14, 2013,

SAXO BANK AS IT IS FROM OLD DAYS RUNING FOR YOUR MONEY AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL LOSS ONLY THATS WHY I NEVER OPENED ACCOUNT WITH THEM .befor couple of days i had a zulu account and i linked there division metatrader saxomt4 .it was good for two days after that they disabled trading on there platform for my account .they are so cheap be carefull of them dont ever try to open an account with them take my advice

trading-volume,
, Denmark,
Jun 8, 2012,

I have been client with them since 2006.Only lost money with them ,but thats not the point .I want to tell another story just had lately :In my account was still left balance of $68 .I emailed them that I want to withdraw my funds ,then I had to download terminal again after longer period of time(no trading 1 year ),and they also asked for some indentity proof documents ,because after longer period of no activity of my account i had to prove that me is me !after few days i got an answer with my login and password .I downloaded terminal again and logged in ....Imagine my balance was at =0 .00$ !! They even stole my $68 .First they show me that I still have left $68 and I knew it myself ,after they reset it to 0$...They not worth any more minute of mine .

Adam,
Warsaw, Poland,
Apr 17, 2012,

@staxx123
You can find it in your papers from Saxo. Saxo Bank is MM and they are doing a lot of bad tricks, but this one is nothing strange. If you don't have any plans (pending orders like SL or TP) it's better for you to open the same positions next day (you hadge the loss of floating and you have to pay swaps). And You can find it in TERMS OF USE.
staxx123,
, Cyprus,
Jan 15, 2012,

i hedged my account only to find out the next working day that they closed my two possitions. They said that i ought to know their business terms which in this case they were as follows: when you open two opposite possitios saxo sytem will close them unless you associate one of the two possitions with another order like take profit or stop loss. Is that the meaning / translation of hedging? that is you open two opposite possitions but in order to be called hedging you have to do another click and associate on of the two orders with another order. Your conclusions!!!!!

How much does it cost to open a Saxo account?

The minimum fund to open a Saxo account varies depending on the account type you want to open.

• Classic account is $10,000
  • Platinum account is $200,000
  • VIP account is $1,000,000

What is Saxo Trader?

Saxo offers trading access to a number of assets on Saxo Trader. Saxo Trader is the trading platform of Saxo. There are 2 versions of Saxo Trader.

• SaxoTraderGO
  • SaxoTraderPRO

Does Saxo offer the MetaTrader platform?

Saxo does not offer MetaTrader (MT4) platform. SaxoTraderPRO and SaxoTraderGO are their trading platforms.

How do I withdraw money from Saxo?

To withdraw funds from your Saxo account, please follow the steps below:

• In SaxoTraderGO: Click Account > Deposit and Transfer > Withdraw funds
  • In SaxoTraderPRO: Click Menu > Deposit and Transfer > Withdraw funds

Saxo only allows withdrawals to accounts that have been verified to belong to you.

Is Saxo a good and reliable broker?

A collection of unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy is the best resource to provide you with a good insight to determine whether Saxo is a good and reliable broker. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/149/saxo-forex-brokers

Additionally, we'd recommend to check recent Saxo community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/saxo/