Saxo Bank Review

Formerly SaxoBank.com

Updated: Oct 1, 2020 · Home.Saxo  · Is this your company?

Saxo is a forex broker. SaxoBank offers the SaxotraderGO and SaxoTraderPRO forex trading platform., Home.Saxo offers over 165 forex currency pairs, stocks, cfds, commodities, futures, bonds, gold, silver and oil for your personal investment and trading options.

Saxo Bank

Other websites of this company include ForexTrading.com, Markets.saxo and SaxoMT4.com.

Minimum to Open Live: $10,000
Established: 1992
Address: Philip Heymans Alle 15, Hellerup, 2900, Denmark
Contact: +48 222 755 570
Regulators: ASIC #126 373 859, CNB #28949587, DFSA #1149, Bank of France #483632501 R.C.S. Paris, SFC #1395901, CONSOB #296, FSA #239, DNB #34357130, MAS #200601141M, FINMA #CHE-106.787.764, Central Bank #2017/995/13, FCA #551422
Trading platforms: SaxoTraderGo, SaxoTraderPRO
CFD: (19000+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Securities transfer
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, Transfer to Existing Broker

Join live discussion of Home.Saxo on our forum

Ellil,
aleppo,
Sep 27, 2007,

what happened to them suddenly?
they doubled the margin, and raised the spreads and played us like yoyo.

Big Pip'n,
Zurich,
Nov 15, 2007,

They have a decent platform and great execution.

I posted other positive comments on this and a couple of other brokers in the past....And so far it seems that only the negative reviews and ratings get thru......

Felix is your site a SCAM?

MJK,
copenhagen,
Nov 16, 2007,

I thought I would give them a go as I am living in Copenhagen, however are trying their platform last year, and again today I would not consider opening an account with them. It has crashed 3 times in the past 2 hours. Its user interface is confusing - tabs within tabs. Opening a new chart from the list of instruments just replaces the current chart with the new instrument - doesnt open a new chart, and thereby loses all the chart customization. But that fact that is has crashed so often, when other platforms have never crashed - I cannot risk placing a trade and then having the platform crash. I really recommend Saxo use some other platforms and learn a little about userablity and stability.

G,
London,
Nov 23, 2007,

Been trading with them for 2 years now.

Excellent platform, the best I've tried, and I've tried many. Takes some getting used to but once you do it's very good to use.

Never been requoted, and never seen any unusual spikes. I've had trades where the market went within 0.5 pips of my stop but they didn't push it that bit futher to take me out.

Slippage is the only minor annoyance as it NEVER works in your favour; only in theirs. I've seen slippage up to 5 pips in a fast market, but usually it's less than 1.5 pips.

You can place stops as you close as you like, there's no "minimum distance" as reported in other posts.

I trade short term technical trades anywhere from 20 minutes to 2-3 days; they don't seem to have any problems with that style of trading.

Saad Alharbi,
Kuwait,
Dec 2, 2007,

Good broker, well regulated. The best they have a wide range of instruments. The worst is their charting system.

Stuart Clennell,
UK,
Dec 3, 2007,

Iv been trading two years with this bank and find them excellent in all areas, why i come on this site and see bad reviews i cant understand obviously to someones advantage, i wonder who.

They have some of the smallest spreads i have seen anywhere and the platform is fantastic once setup and customised, people complaining about it crashing maybe need to blame their computer and not the platform, in two years iv known it go down once, margins and spreads have been known to be altered in volitile conditions but were restored very soon after to lower than what you usually see.

Those calling it a SCAM are just funny SCAM, SCAM everythings a SCAM I believe this site to be a scam

Andrew,
New Zealand,
Dec 7, 2007,

I am surprised to the wide range of reviws on Saxo Bank!

For me I have found Saxo to be no problem what so ever, and I have used them for about 5 years. I don't news trade maybe thats why?

Magnus ,
Northern Europe,
Dec 29, 2007,

Saxo are not a bank! Get that straight first. Secondly they are after your money. Many little things happen such as very large slippage - take up the problem and nobody is there to really solve the problem but they will be nice to you! Platfrom disconnection. Also the charts are slightly delayed. Get a 15 min chart and the bar/candle actually completes after 18 minutes!!! but its still a 15 min chart? Looks like they don't want candle traders? They will tell you - charts are only indicative! Futures are very very expensive - this alone is a reason to trade through a regulated futures broker. FX they will get you in on recommendations and then dump their big bank customers orders into your hands! FX is unregulated they can do as they wish! Look around at other brokers and test their platforms for months before risking your hard earned cash!

Paul ,
London ,
Jan 12, 2008,

I have been trading with Saxo for a little over 3 years now and I can only say that I have never experienced anything other that solid execution and fantastic customer service.

I went with Saxo Bank because that is exactly what they are, an EU regulated bank with a great platform.

Paul

SaxoVictim,
Mar 18, 2008,

They just screwed me, and not for the first time. however in the past they corrected their mistakes (although last time it took them 3months to admit they stole me and another 2 months to return the money), I should have closed my account after that but did not and now they wiped out half my account. I don't want to go over the full story again but here is a copy of the last email I sent to them to which they have yet to respond (and don't even ask how useless the customer service guy was regarding this problem when I called in). I have a sinking feeling that they are going broke and are therefore screwing clients to make thier books look better, but that could just be because I am really pissed at them right; seeing and thinking red.

------------------------------------------
To Whom It May Concern,

Today I received a Several emails from you at the US market open saying that
my margin utilization was over my limit. To cover my margin positions I sold
shares, which reduced my margin position to 70% utilization. Then I
receive a message from you saying that you are increasing the margin
requirements for shares in financial companies one minute (60 seconds)
before you dumped all of my CFDs to cover positions that I had already
covered an hour previously and with no time to meet your surprising NEW
requirement.

I can't fathom how you think 60 seconds is an adequate warning for me to
correct my positions to meet your new policy. Nor do I understand why you
would close ALL of my positions rather than just closing as much as
necessary to bring my margin utilization to your NEW standard for financial
companies. Not to mention the fact that you also closed my position in
Valero (VLO), which, last time I checked, is NOT a financial company.

This is the most despicable, unethical behaviour I have ever witnessed.

I hope that something can be done to correct this situation, but given that
your customer service already told me that I am screwed, albeit in more
diplomatic words, I doubt you will begin behaving in a professional, ethical
manner now. Still I feel it necessary to write to you in order to let you
know that this behaviour is totally unacceptable, and hope that it can be
corrected as soon as possible.

PS. Below please find a copy of your trade confirmation for the closed
positions as well as the chat indicating the change in your policy. Note the
time stamp indicating how long you gave me to correct the situation on my
own before forcing the positions closed without forewarning or consent.
-----------------------------