Saxo Bank Review

Formerly SaxoBank.com

Updated: Oct 1, 2020 · Home.Saxo  · Is this your company?

Saxo is a forex broker. SaxoBank offers the SaxotraderGO and SaxoTraderPRO forex trading platform., Home.Saxo offers over 165 forex currency pairs, stocks, cfds, commodities, futures, bonds, gold, silver and oil for your personal investment and trading options.

Saxo Bank

Other websites of this company include ForexTrading.com, Markets.saxo and SaxoMT4.com.

Minimum to Open Live: $10,000
Established: 1992
Address: Philip Heymans Alle 15, Hellerup, 2900, Denmark
Contact: +48 222 755 570
Regulators: ASIC #126 373 859, CNB #28949587, DFSA #1149, Bank of France #483632501 R.C.S. Paris, SFC #1395901, CONSOB #296, FSA #239, DNB #34357130, MAS #200601141M, FINMA #CHE-106.787.764, Central Bank #2017/995/13, FCA #551422
Trading platforms: SaxoTraderGo, SaxoTraderPRO
CFD: (19000+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Securities transfer
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, Transfer to Existing Broker

Join live discussion of Home.Saxo on our forum

Dennis,
Alkmaar, Netherlands,
Apr 21, 2013,

Total scam!!
Stop losses are always hit, often at "spike" that didn`t occur in real time.
They also tamper with your margin, two times I got a margin stop out at night (forex) while the spotlevel did not reach the values at the time of the stop out.
Helpdeskservice is very unfriendly and arrogant.
Avoid the Saxobank, flushing your money through the toilet is easier and more fun.

Elise,
Australia, Australia,
Aug 15, 2016,

Some of the worst facilities I've come across - $200 margin call at 10pm at night, transfer $1000 and send remittance and they close every single position within half an hour. Apparently funds have to be in there immediately, however they don't provide you with any facilities to allow you to do that. Much better platforms out there

Dionisis,
Greece, Greece,
Sep 29, 2020,

Worst broker Ever

I started trading with Saxo Bank in the beginning of 2018. They have the worst contact support than any other broker out there. Εxpensive commissions, not accurate trade transactions and more. If you have a big account they give you priority to your support. Big Lie! They only want to take your money. At the beginning they used to send me a Christmas Card, I had phone calls from my "personal banker". But after loosing 60% of my capital, they never continued the contact they had. Also when I had 100%+ to my margin (I was a Professional client so I had the option to go above 100%) I received a lot of notifications about adding more funds and if I don’t ,“maybe” my positions will be closed. When I asked when my positions will be closed (for example at 110% or 120% etc) I never got a specific and clear answer.

I do not recommend this broker. 100% of their clients lose money with them.

Finally I have moved my money to a different broker which have lower commissions and better support. Not the best but actually better than Saxo Bank.

Maurice Ka,
Poland,
Apr 18, 2007,

If you want to trade news, forget about it. They will steal the money out our account, they will change your opening price even after a few hours. Last time with them, I have opened position using the SNW and kept it open for 6 hours afterwards. Then I closed it with a nice profit. 10 minutes after closing my position, I have noticed that they have changed my opening price and instead of being in profit I was minus a few hundreds.

Ellil,
aleppo,
Sep 27, 2007,

what happened to them suddenly?
they doubled the margin, and raised the spreads and played us like yoyo.

Adam,
Warsaw, Poland,
Apr 17, 2012,

@staxx123
You can find it in your papers from Saxo. Saxo Bank is MM and they are doing a lot of bad tricks, but this one is nothing strange. If you don't have any plans (pending orders like SL or TP) it's better for you to open the same positions next day (you hadge the loss of floating and you have to pay swaps). And You can find it in TERMS OF USE.
Krisztian,
Tatabanya, Hungary,
Jan 26, 2016,

I hope somebody will close this Bucket Shop. Always hunting the Stop Loss levels. Always disconnect the platform or freeze. They have cancelled profit from the account. How can they still alive? Never open real account with them.

kid,
Portugal,
Feb 21, 2007,

Here's what occurred: I and my partners carefully read the Saxo customer trading agreement and tested the Saxo platform before opening a FX trading account. We identified areas of concern and were told in reply both by our Saxo sales rep and the account manager later assigned to us that the problems that concerned us would not materialize. In particular, we asked for assurance, and received it, that Saxo would not price discriminate against our positions and orders. The customer trading agreement -- in very fine print mind you -- allows Saxo to price currency pairs differently for different customers. That's a free pass for manipulation against the customer, and we knew that going in. However, to repeat, Saxo assured us that it never actually price discriminated against individual customer positions and orders and that the prices streamed to the Saxo Trader (the platform) were the same for all customers and would be reliable for trading. None of these promises and assurances were honored. When our profitable limit orders were breached by prices streamed to the platform, Saxo intervened against the orders and refused to honor them. It replied that the breaching prices were mistakes ("misquotes"), yet it never corrected its own charts to correct the so-called misquotes. It hardly could if it was stopping out at those prices other customers in positions opposite our side of the currency pair. In short, it collected from the losers (the stop losses) and welshed on the winners (our limit orders). And, by the way, our own stop orders always were filled instantly, which is to be expected since Saxo, as the house, profited from every stop. We opened a six-figure USD forex trading account with Saxo Bank after demo-trading the Saxo Trader for more than one year. After a successful first week of real-money trades, Saxo cheated us out of more than 12k USD by manipulating prices against our orders and refusing to fill profitable limit orders. The latter occurred three times, in each case after the limit price of the order was breached with room to spare. Saxo called the breaching prices "misquotes." No misquotes on the demo ever. No misquote ever when a price hit one of our stops. Our stops were always filled instantly. Here's an illustration possibly useful to novices:
- Man in a casino plunks down three black chips ($300, the size, say, of a fx mini-account) at a blackjack table. The hand is dealt: he gets nineteen.
- Dealer has a ten showing and turns his hole card, an eight, for total of eighteen. Man smiles.
- "Mis-card," dealer says as he fans the deck, pulls out a ten, and lays it squarely on top of the eight. "20" dealer says as he sweeps in the three black chips.
The above is one trick in the bag of tricks facing customers of spot fx dealers. It's the chief trick Saxo used against us. Now, knowing those are the rules that operate, why would anyone open an account with a spot fx dealer? Also bear in mind that SaxoBank's so-called Danish regulator (Finanstilsynet, the Danish Financial Services Authority) will not provide Saxo customers with any information on Saxo. When we were burned, we contacted the regulator, informed it that were Saxo customers, and were told by it in reply that it could not disclose anything about Saxo. Nor do Danish banking laws apply to SaxoBank's forex dealing. Thus, like us, you will be without any protection at all when (not if) you are cheated.

staxx123,
, Cyprus,
Jan 15, 2012,

i hedged my account only to find out the next working day that they closed my two possitions. They said that i ought to know their business terms which in this case they were as follows: when you open two opposite possitios saxo sytem will close them unless you associate one of the two possitions with another order like take profit or stop loss. Is that the meaning / translation of hedging? that is you open two opposite possitions but in order to be called hedging you have to do another click and associate on of the two orders with another order. Your conclusions!!!!!

Greg,
UK,
Jan 8, 2007,

I trade the markets full time and have been using the Saxo Trader now to try our different strategies. The platform itself is OK for something that has been created in-house, but I have experienced the following problems which are really very significant if you want to make money and not lose money. 1. There is often very big slippage on STOP orders. 2. During fast market moves in the FX market you will not get your order filled! 3. The charts are not accurate. For example, if you see a Doji on a Chart from a Chart Service, the Doji on the Saxo will not be a Doji but a normal candle!!! 4. Slippage on CFDS is also a problem anything up to 5 points!!! Generally I had the feeling that they (Saxo Bank), were on the other side of my orders. Obviously if you are right in placing your trade and it moves into profit, they (saxo), will offset the order at some point soon after you have made the trade into the real market! But only if the market is moving in your direction. They have their own FX pool so they will know before hand what the market is expected to do, they can also see the orders etc.. Anyhow, if you are wrong you should be getting out pretty sharpish anyhow. Remember, if you trade from a plan and keep your losses short you will remain in business!! The platform offers access to many exchanges and there is also live news etc. But on the whole I would not trust these old Vikings at all....