Saxo Bank Review

Formerly SaxoBank.com

Updated: Oct 1, 2020 · Home.Saxo  · Is this your company?

Saxo is a forex broker. SaxoBank offers the SaxotraderGO and SaxoTraderPRO forex trading platform., Home.Saxo offers over 165 forex currency pairs, stocks, cfds, commodities, futures, bonds, gold, silver and oil for your personal investment and trading options.

Saxo Bank

Other websites of this company include ForexTrading.com, Markets.saxo and SaxoMT4.com.

Minimum to Open Live: $10,000
Established: 1992
Address: Philip Heymans Alle 15, Hellerup, 2900, Denmark
Contact: +48 222 755 570
Regulators: ASIC #126 373 859, CNB #28949587, DFSA #1149, Bank of France #483632501 R.C.S. Paris, SFC #1395901, CONSOB #296, FSA #239, DNB #34357130, MAS #200601141M, FINMA #CHE-106.787.764, Central Bank #2017/995/13, FCA #551422
Trading platforms: SaxoTraderGo, SaxoTraderPRO
CFD: (19000+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Securities transfer
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, Transfer to Existing Broker

Join live discussion of Home.Saxo on our forum

Netherlands,
Dec 12, 2018,

Stocks a lot, forex untrustable like cyprus brokers, Market maker against costumer

As stocks they have a big range of stocks. that is very good. But have to be rich to use them. High fees but I think it is still doable, takes only longer time to go in profit. On Forex part I think and I almost know or experience every time I enter a trade they are market maker. They say they are both ecn and Market maker. A-book broker they say. But the prices fluctuates when entering and go against the costumer inmediately after taking position.
they do everything to make you lose or trade against you. Same as cyprus brokers.. no difference. They trade against the costumer and rather have them lose and leave Saxo then trying to keep costumers. enough donkeys on this planet to steal their dumb money. Meaning, they see the costumer as a temporary low life who has to become poor as fast as possible before they leave again and wake up. Their Conflict of interest is with the bank because they are a bank as well. Looks very fancy but lots of disconnections, what is the reason for this ? Maybe for manipulation ? should not be an issue anymore in 2018 of disconnections in these modern times and always put you in bad prices when entering. you need a very big margin money to overcome their market making tactics.. For stocks can be an option for forex, better go on and look for better broker and conditions.
Andrew ,
Singapore,
Jul 30, 2009,

Horrendus problems with the Saxo Web Trader platform. I'm getting a rejection rate of about 90% on trying to hit market prices especially when trying to exit positions.

Enterting orders is difficult and then service off chat is minimal, arrogant and full of attitude. You will never see any sort of refund off these guys but a rabid defense and constant inference that it is your fault.

Order prices reset themselves, seen prices trade through a couple of times before an order fills, latency so bad I managed to end as short as I was long because I assumed when I had tried to close a position that the order hadn't filled becasue nothing popped up to get two notifications 20 seconds later.

Looks great but I am afraid that is about it. I don't mind them making money but they resent you making money and will charge for absolutely everything they possibly can..

I am in the process of moving the FX part of my business to another broker.

Saleem,
Norway,
Mar 6, 2009,

Very high spreads, if you is looking for small profits so they will eat all your profits.

Kit,
UK,
Aug 13, 2007,

I have done two forex options on this platform with no problems. I find their forex options platform very useful. It is possible to obtain quotes on any strike price for any date and therefrom calculate the probable movement of any quote relative to movement of the spot currency.

JT,
, Singapore,
Mar 28, 2013,

Saxotrader2 platform is out of the most unstable in terms of FX data feed. Almost 100% problem after each software update or every other fortnight. If you are an intraday FX scalper, forget it. Its the FX market, no one can wait for minutes for a chart to be called up and problem is normally worse during the NY hours!!! Support is unhelpful and arrogant

Jack,
NL, Netherlands,
Feb 13, 2018,

Simply not a competitive option

Perhaps ok depending upon what you're comparing to, but if you're familiar with other U.S./U.K. trading platforms, Saxo is a non-starter - simply no comparison. They charge for every conceivable thing. Not only are trading fees higher, but their custodial fees are gouging, and they charge for things that other platforms do not. Even their belief of how "real time trading" works, is the exact opposite of well established norms elsewhere. During my time with them in 2017 I felt I was bled dry month after month.

I've sent multiple emails, and had many calls with their offices to get them to understand how different they are, but I think they're comparing themselves to shit little European/Nordic competitors, not the big boys. My belief is that they don't actually want the business of most of the people on this blog, and seem to be more focused on small niche market traders in-region.
Mar 26, 2018,

Illegal, Unjust and Unfair Practices by SAXO Bank

Delibrately logs you out during important events / news. Closes and groups your position with other positions to put your positions to greater negative losses. Complaints are returned by low level staffs that ridicule you and make gives you replies that makes you go in circles and solves nothing but put you back in the same ill-treated and unresolved manner!

Mar 26, 2018 - 1 Star We are a group of SAXO Bank Singapore customers who have lost a total of $5,000,000 SGD from illegal, unjust and unfair practices by SAXO Bank. If you had experienced such practices on your account with SAXO Bank, please contact me immediately. We are taking a class action suit against SAXO Bank and your input will greatly benefit in helping youself and each and everyone of us in getting back monies which have been illegally, unjustly and unfair stolen away from us.
paulos125,
Thailand,
Aug 4, 2008,

The worst trading system ever used.

Saxobank Serious Faults
________________________________________
Saxo Trader stopped me out of a trade with no stop being hit and at a loss of about 35 pips EUR/GPB on Friday 1/8/2008

They have refused compensation.
Here are the extracts from Saxo email.

Order 90261972 should not be triggered.

You called us to report this error. My colleague in Demark called you and informed you that we would cancel the position for you due to our fault on this.:

We are sorry for the wrong filled (for order 90261972) and we have revised for you asap.

Deal with SAXO at your own perril. I also have charts to prove this.

Bibi,
Europe,
Apr 6, 2007,

Got in trade at Canadian employment. Got delayed fill for 30 seconds and I was unable to cancel pending order. Was filled in short position at the exact bottom. Saxo = scam

RB,
Jul 14, 2007,

Promised the sky, offered the dirt. I trade the news and they assured me of limited requotes, as soon as I deposited the funds and started to trade, they called and said that their strategic department will hunt down any news traders who send their orders immediately after the news. I wasted a lot of time on them and after I emailed a letter to my rep asking why he was saying that they have no problems with news traders he didn't bother to respond to my email. He was constantly bombarding me with emails to open an account, but after receiving mine decided to ignore it.