Saxo Bank Review

Formerly SaxoBank.com

Updated: Oct 1, 2020 · Home.Saxo  · Is this your company?

Saxo is a forex broker. SaxoBank offers the SaxotraderGO and SaxoTraderPRO forex trading platform., Home.Saxo offers over 165 forex currency pairs, stocks, cfds, commodities, futures, bonds, gold, silver and oil for your personal investment and trading options.

Saxo Bank

Other websites of this company include ForexTrading.com, Markets.saxo and SaxoMT4.com.

Minimum to Open Live: $10,000
Established: 1992
Address: Philip Heymans Alle 15, Hellerup, 2900, Denmark
Contact: +48 222 755 570
Regulators: ASIC #126 373 859, CNB #28949587, DFSA #1149, Bank of France #483632501 R.C.S. Paris, SFC #1395901, CONSOB #296, FSA #239, DNB #34357130, MAS #200601141M, FINMA #CHE-106.787.764, Central Bank #2017/995/13, FCA #551422
Trading platforms: SaxoTraderGo, SaxoTraderPRO
CFD: (19000+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Securities transfer
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, Transfer to Existing Broker

Join live discussion of Home.Saxo on our forum

Daniel Vandborg,
Saxobank, Copenhagen, Denmark,
Apr 15, 2008,

Hello to all!

I am working in Saxo bank, and I would just like to participate in the discussion! It is very important to Saxo Bank to have satisfied customers, and especially to hear if that is not the case!

Please be in contact with us on + 45 3977 4000 if you feel you have not been serviced in a proper manor.
If that is the case Saxo Bank appologizes for the inconvenience, and promise to do what ever we can to transform you from a dissappointed individual, to a satisfied customer!
Challenge us!

All the best,

Daniel Vandborg

SHAD,
Sweden,
Jun 19, 2008,

I start a smal account to test Saxo. It realy sucks! if the bid is 20-30 pips from your SL, be sure that it comes a pick/dip to touch your SL (in just miliscounds) and your out! and it just happens in Saxo's system. I have compared with several other charts and there is not any trace of this dip/pick anyplace. So, if you want to trade with Saxo, make sure that to not use SL!!!

Joispa,
Dubai,
Jun 22, 2008,

The only headache is that theirs can be one bloated platform with bugs. They know it and they've been working hard at debugging it. When requesting funds, I received the greenback in 3 days, no glitches. In volatile markets, their spread increase a little but then again who in the market can guarantee small spreads in mad markets. Their client service is great and they speak many tongues.

Crispin,
Currently in Colombia,
Jun 24, 2008,

Been trading on Saxo for about 3 years now, and it's been a ROCKY road to say the LEAST! They have raped me on slippage so many times that my head spins thiking about it. They did it JUST TODAY. I had a stop bid order for GBPUSD @ 1.9703 , there was no news or any real volatility, but the price started steadily rising. When it hit my price, it opened me at 1.9716! When I saw this, I blew a gasket and chatted them and told them that trade was outrageous. My account manager was online and said he'd look at it, and told me it was acceptable, and to look at their minute chart.

Needless to say, I had to remind him that I wasn't stupid, and there was NO reason in the world why that order couldn't open at 1.9707 (the offer price with the spread). We went back and forth for over a half hour, and said he'd investigate it more tomorrow, and get back with me. I have a transcript of the entire chat session.

EVERYTIME I mention that I didn't like the price or the spread, they have a bs excuse. When I opened this account, I had $120K in it. About year into it, they screwed me with a MARGIN CALL for about $40K on some open positions I had that were down. Because they DOUBLE MARGINS on the weekend! I had to either put in more money or close the positions. I did a calculation, and my calculation showed I had enough margin even for the weekend. Apparently not, according to Saxo. The following monday, I open my account and my email to find out that ALL MY POSITIONS had been closed! My major position MOVED THAT DAY! After that, I brought my balance way down from there, and never traded at that level with them again. I'm still trying to get some legal action against them on that margin call, but apparently in Denmark this kind of litigation is very difficult.

Another thing that they did which I'm sure you'll all love. While this account was not being actively traded, I contracted a managed trader to trade it for us. He came highly recommended. For the first 3 or 4 months or so, they did a pretty good job, netting us about 25% average a month. Then, they started slacking, they would open good trades but never take any profits, had horrifically wide stops. I would see our profits vaporize because they didn't close our positions. To the point where I had to manually close them myself. I couldn't understand it. Eventually, we had to dump them. When I cancelled the LPOA we had with them, I discovered that Saxo had allowed them to INCREASE OUR SPREADS in some cases to more than DOUBLE their standard spreads so they can keep the difference!!! For example, our spread on GBPUSD was 11 PIPS!!!

I COULD NOT FRICKIN' BELIEVE IT. When I confronted my account manager about this, he put it off as if it was my fault because I hired that trader. NOWHERE in our trading agreement or in our LPOA, was there any mention that they or Saxo was allowed to manipulate from the retail spreads. In fact, they said that they would move us to the "institutional" platform, that would actually give us tighter spreads. Yeah right. After several emails and legal threats, they refunded us almost $4K (the trader, not Saxo, they to this day claim no responsibility). I'm sure there is more that we are owed, but we have to sift through our activity logs and audit every trade, and get all the info dating back to late 2006. It's easier said than done.

Earlier this year, I began trading again with our money in Saxo that had been inactive for some time, and in that time, we've been clipped quite a bit. Usually it was for 3-4 pips more (which they would blame on light trading in Asia), but sometimes it would go as high as 8 or 10 pips for no reason, and they killed lots of our positions by taking out our stops even though the market wasn't moving that way. We were still making decent money so I let most of it pass. But now, we're not doing as well, so I'm holding them to the fire and they don't like it one bit. My account manager said he'd get back with me tomorrow on this current brouhaha. I've resolved that if they make good on these last few ripoff trades that they pulled on me, I am closing the account for good, this is the final straw. And I will scour the earth to find the right broker to replace them. I'm using FXCM right now, but only for a very small nut, and may give them a shot. But I'm not keen on their weird, arbitrary spreads that I've seen so far. And their order execution leaves much to be desired.

One more note, their new SaxoTrader2 sucks, so many times the thing sits when I open it so it can update itself for what seems like 10 minutes. And other times I have to crash it manually because it goes nuts opening multiple dealer chat windows for no reason and jams everything up.

There are so many parts of the software that I don't dare use (like the FX Majors tab) because I KNOW that it will go nuts and lock up my whole system. I've been trading on a intraday strategy that's been working well the past few months, but apparently too well for them, because they are intent on screwing me every chance they can.

So, no, I can't recommend Saxo to anyone. In fact, after reading all this to myself, I find it safe to say that I'm done with them whether they resolve this current trade issue I have with them or not.

paulos125,
Thailand,
Aug 4, 2008,

The worst trading system ever used.

Saxobank Serious Faults
________________________________________
Saxo Trader stopped me out of a trade with no stop being hit and at a loss of about 35 pips EUR/GPB on Friday 1/8/2008

They have refused compensation.
Here are the extracts from Saxo email.

Order 90261972 should not be triggered.

You called us to report this error. My colleague in Demark called you and informed you that we would cancel the position for you due to our fault on this.:

We are sorry for the wrong filled (for order 90261972) and we have revised for you asap.

Deal with SAXO at your own perril. I also have charts to prove this.

Patrizia,
Munich,
Aug 13, 2008,

The worst thing of Saxo is that I have experienced several times problems and big delays with transferring and crediting funds.
Last month they debited my account with 500,-

TheBull,
UK,
Oct 14, 2008,

Lately it seems that nothing is working well on this platform, slippages galore and it seems that their service is going down big time, old reports and nothing is up to date. Not to mention the funds nightmare.

Emmanuel j abah,
Lagos.Nigeria,
Oct 27, 2008,

This review is for Saxo Bank and Finexo.Com.I have a live account with Finxo which have been inactive since last year. Sometime this year a Representative of Finexo called me to talk me into starting forex traing with them again. I wired the sum of $470 to Saxo Bank Gentofte,Denmak since 29th September,2008. Beneficiary is Finexo Ltd. Finexo is a subsidiary of Saxo Bank . I read somewhere that Saxo Bank Is an EU regulated Bank. But I am deeply suprised at the high level of unethical practice being displayed by the so called Bank. Saxo Bank has continued to hold on to my $470 since 29th September 2008. They have refused to release this money to Finexo and have also refused to return my money ,even after several requests by my Bank to return the funds.They have even ignored several correspondences from their Intermediary Bank (Deutsche Bank) on this. Please somebody should tell them to return my money. I can give proof of this transfer and also a copy of telex sent to them by Deutsche Bank on this matter. My email:emmajabah@yahoo.com

Emmanuel J Abah,
Lagos Nigeria,
Nov 4, 2008,

Update on my Saxo Bank Review. They still have not returned my stolen money. After my public outcry on this matter, Saxo Bank is still pretending not to see all these complaints I am making. I challenge them to react to this allegation here in this forum . I am sure some of their officials must have seen this review. I think this is a new method they have devised of defrauding innocent guys like me.

2008-10-29 Update on my review of 27th October,2008. My bank has written several reminders to SAXO BANK to return the Funds. They still refused to respond. They have not responded to a single official bank correspondence on this issue. At this stage i strongly believe they are out to steal my money.SAXO BANK please proof your integrity and do the honourable thing by returning my hard earned money.This is a clear case of FRAUD by a so called EU Bank. I want to give them the benefit of doubt before posting SCAMMM

Pavel,
Moscow, Russia,
Dec 12, 2008,

I have used this service for couple of years from time to time.
Surely they have great spreads (5-6 pips for GBP/USD) and extreme violation within news.
It is not a problem to send them a money but when you want withdraw it - it is horrible.

Couple of weeks ago I sent them EUR 10,000 to my EUR subaccount.
Then I decided to get out of that and withdraw EUR 10,060 but they transfered it to Bucks at 1.25 when the lowest price this week since I have sent them a request 1.2795.
I wanted to transfer them about EUR 100,00 hoping EUR would go up and now I understand that I could possible loose money because my EUR account would have been denominated in USD ((((