PipsUniversity.com (Nick Thompson) Review Visit site

Updated: Oct 31, 2018
On August 6th, 2018, a large number of reviews began pouring in for Pips University.  Nearly all were positive.  The FPA considered this behavior suspicious, but continued to moderate the individual reviews normally.

On August 10th, a reviewer reported that compensation had been offered for reviews.  Evidence was posted in the discussion thread showing that an offer of "hats or a t shirt or something" was made for those who left reviews at the FPA.  The US Federal Trade Commission specifically states that compensated reviews must disclose the compensation.  CLICK HERE for more information on FTC endorsement guidelines.  The FPA considers offering compensation for reviews to be unethical.  The FPA does not permit compensated reviews.

The FPA is unapproving all reviews, positive and negative, submitted since the beginning of this incident, except for the one review warning us about the compensation.  The FPA has contacted the FTC and will not be approving any new reviews for Pips University until after getting advice from the FTC.
PipsUniversity.com (Nick Thompson)

Join live discussion of PipsUniversity.com (Nick Thompson) on our forum

Gerard_McC,
Ireland,
Aug 10, 2018,

Honest review of the Disaster Univeristy

Forex Trading Review:

Where do I begin?

I joined up with Pips University in late 2017. In the beginning everything started really positive and enjoyed being part of honest trading community look to progress in my trading career.

The first few weeks were very good but unfortunately over the next six months things quickly turned very sour indeed. After a long losing run and countless meaningless excused I finally got courage and confroned Nick about this. Nick indicated at the beginning their was indepth learning and trading service - which is not true and sustainable system for learning. Over time Nick proved to me to have very little trading knowledge and being nothing more than PR marketing guy to sign people us to his lacklustre service.

Why do i say this? a number of points to follow.

In the beginning he emphasised the importance of risk managment but all the time has never enough margin to open up new trades as there is no risk management or stop losses used. What sort of teaching is that especially with people who have no idea what they are doing, fast track to failure and blown accounts. (Also have proof of this)

The second point is that the dynamics in the group over the last 5-6 month changed very negatively and when other clients started to question Nick he simply had no explanation and deleted them from the group as they were negative, and nothing related to the fact that his service was more like a damp squib than a fireworks display! Nick also lied about his results and deleted several posts contained to false profits made on demo accounts. I know this because when I questioned Nick he blocked me on instagram - particularly when his my fxbook stats were negative 30-35% at one point. he also talked about having this $1k to $1m challenge but that turned out to be a joke also.

The third and final point is that through another college Nick actually tried to bribe his clients into giving them merchandise and other items as payment for giving hi fraudulent good and positive reviews. Of which I also have proof. It left me very disappointed to see people taking the bait on this and can only sympathise with them for their future loses.

I have picked this up with the relevant people to have this reviewed further.

In conclusion if I could give Nick 0 Stars I would as whatever he has going on here is also noise with no substance. Feel free to contact me anytime for the proof to those points reitereated above as I am always happy to help the aspiring trader.
CAREBEAR99,
NEW YORK, USA,
Oct 31, 2018,

Rip Off --- Go watch youtube videos. SCAMMED!!

Horrible experience. Paid $497 for his VIP Package course, he does not mentor individually nor does he actively participate in discussions.

His challenge account is currently negative. He constantly blames the market, the news, the governments, manipulation by brokers. Unprofessional. He needs to learn to respect the market without constantly blaming. "It is what it is,"

Do not BUY ANY OF HIS COURSES!! better off watching youtube videos and learning from technical analysis.
Flipe,
UK, United Kingdom,
Sep 12, 2018,

ALL BS

Stay away from Pips University this guy is clearly a scammer, his training are literally most basic stuff you can find on baby pips, he ‘seems’ like he knows what’s he’s doing technical wise but he’s poor mindset and trading doesn’t go along, he kicked me because we got into a argument over ‘money’ it was unrelated to trading topic, He’s immature and started to insult me. He says I chase money but he’s the one who’s constantly spamming his list with discount code and sign up money for his horrible weak ass security forex membership site and he was paying for reviews. Don’t trust this guy he also photoshopped a $4M Oanda balance on Instagram which is no longer to be found. This guy bought his house using members funds, period. This guy isn’t a millionaire he’s just a broke loser who hates on successful people bagging more pips and money than him. STAY AWAY
Tom Feller,
east coast, USA,
Jul 12, 2018,

Pips University is a scam

I joined Pips University for $397 he gave me a discount. As soon as I entered the members area I felt scammed ... was repacked videos which you could find on YouTube. It took about a day to watch his videos (if you think watching a few videos will make you a trader .... your lose your money !) He has Telegram channels with students teaching other students. All Nick Thompson's trades are in the 90% group of losing trades read the reviews here!!!! All his income comes from students joining pips u. Just don't send your money to this scammer,
Markus Carry,
Moreno Valley, USA,
Jul 7, 2018,

Quickest Way to set $500 on Fire

I could write a book on what a great marketer Nick from Pips University is: and he is just that: a marketer and a conman. The materials offered in his courses are outdated and useless. He has enticed many of his members into joining with his "$1000 to $1M" challenge, which has yet to get off the ground, sitting in a massive drawn-down for nearly 7 months and not turning a single penny of profit. He makes pathetic excuse after excuse, and blames his failures on spread, stop hunts and a poor market. Stay away from Pips U at all costs!
Steve18,
Toronto, Canada,
May 23, 2018,

Pips University Alert

Pips university Alert

I joined on November 27th after having watched a video of the so called legendary teacher and forex self proclaimed master Nick Kennedy Thompson if that's even his real name. Everything seemed to good to be true but for the sake of joining a trading community with experience traders it seemed like a good way to gain entry. Unfortunately everything which I found out soon confirmed everything I suspected on December 16th. Nick posts on Instagram multiple trade sizes in the 10 million per position always in profits, I have never seen one losing trade, until I followed his signals group and searched through the chat history, what I found was incredibly alarming. The course material is nothing more than repackaged basic information about trading available for free online. There are no proprietary strategies or exclusive methods explained in the courses you can't find online. He boasts having written for websites, having made millions in trading, but when asked to post his myfxbook results his answer is he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone and he has been verified by the biggest guys. If you are making false promises and claims which your students begin to question, what's there to hide? Like most of these demo account profit multimillionaires once questioned they resort to banning those who question their money making scheme and acts as if he is the one being preyed upon. Nick takes advantage of the vulnerabilities and naiveness of his members by pretending to know what he is doing risking people taking his failed trades and losing more than just the investment in the repackaged marketing materials with no trade management or follow up to the trades. One trader went as far as taking 5 lots with a 2k account and received praises from Nick. This trade was praised rather than having been told as a new trader to use what Nick preaches, his famed number one on YouTube risk management video, turned into the trader begging on the chat for help from all the seasoned traders what could he do. Nick never once replied to his many requests for help and of course he blew his account. This course is nothing but a get rich quick membership ploy for Nick. The promises in the packages are not delivered, excuses are offered, "I'm moving, I have personal issues, my setup isn't ready, I have a problem with my equipment, oanda sucks, I'll never do that again" which I read more than 10 times, "I'm sorry you all lost money this week but we'll bounce back" this or that pattern didn't work, bank manipulation, the laundry list goes on and on. His business acumen and customer service is practically non existent at best, he takes your money, if you complain he bans you and keeps your money. He then has the audacity to post "money makes people do crazy thing," indeed like ripping off people and never following up with trade details when you are not risking anything. I was banned for asking him to explain why his trades failed, I knew why and I knew he didn't, never had a chance to get into it, he quickly banned me unable to expose him as a fraud. When the chat room started to complain endlessly because I was one of the few posting help endlessly for months for free to help others he had no choice but to invite me back to save the room. What happened in the next week was incredible, a mass defection, 50 to 100 active members moved to a newly created chat and aired out all the dirty laundry on their own experiences. The amount of negative reviews which followed prompted Nick to ban countless members to avoid the "drama" as he calls it. If pips university was a tradeable asset it would be a slam dunk short right down to zero. Avoid at any cost joining this snake oil salesman and his repackaged bull, consider it your first and last profit. Addressing these issues with Nick on the chat is quickly replied by, email me or dm me but don't post the issues and create drama in the chat. Of course not, this way the scam can continue to lure more flies into the web netting Mr Bounce back as he's claimed he's known as, more suckers in his shady marketing strategy which he himself has said blows all his competitors away. WHATEVER you do make sure you investigate the program and the results claims before they get your money and ban you needing you to resort to having to post reviews on multiple websites to help others from getting ripped off. Do your due diligence and ask for proof of all the claims and make sure they are recent through vérifiable accredited sources like myfxbook and broker statements to ensure these are accurate. BUYER BEWARE
BubbaPips,
Georgia, USA,
May 23, 2018,

Invest in yourself, browse YouTube.

I started with PipsUniversity after catching a flashy YouTube video crafted by Nick. I believe the title was “you are doing forex wrong”, the arrogance drew me in. Of course I felt like I was below my potential with trading. I thought this YouTube magician had the answers i needed. (He didn’t)

Now I am not “new” to forex, I am experienced enough to have seen people come and go, to know that I don’t know enough when it comes to trading. What I do know is repackaged (free anywhere else) content when I see it. Nick provides nothing substantial of value when it comes to trading tools. Everything “taught” within the university resides at the basic level.

“Signals” are included with the price paid for a lifetime membership. The quality of the signals are a joke. I could flip a coin all year, and with proper risk management perform better than Nick. I didn’t pay for a coin flip expiriment, I paid to learn from a professional trader which Nick is not. He has the air of a professional (how many professionals commission a sadistic money bag to be their mascot) except he doesn’t.

The value gained from the service offered by Nick extends ONLY to the chat service between members. Sadly this value exists only because we came together to teach and learn WITHOUT PipsUniversity. Meanwhile Nick was happy post lifestyle photos on his Instagram touting his purchase of golf clubs. As this occurred trades would be unmonitored with traders asking Nick for an update, all to fall on deaf ears.

My advice: take the money, invest in yourself. Watch YouTube, go to a library, join trading groups on social media but do not give this man your money!
kyle,
May 22, 2018,

A tragedy in the making

Oh boy...here goes. Nick's online course is great- he offers plenty of knowledge through the videos, analysis charts, and webinars. The sad part is his personality. Nick is a show off with little proof. He has a telegram chat where all of us can chime in and talk and it's a general disaster. The people in there can be racist and misogynistic- REALLY- misogynistic and even conspiracy theorists. I know Nick can't control who's in the chat for the most part but one guy said something like "shut up you fat wh***"to a female member in the chat. It was one of his close friends. At the beginning of the chat Nick said the chat was supposed to be unprofessional. But you'd think there'd be some level of cordiality. People snipe at each other here and there and the sarcasm is heavy which is okay for an "unprofessional" chat, but it gets annoying. This is just a pet peeve of mine. I think it's a good idea to have this chat bc a lot of knowledge gets dropped. It's just annoying sometimes.

Now keep in mind I've been in Pips U for a LONG time. Back when it was 250 for lifetime. He's calmed down with posting about his alcohol use and obsession with golf. It's cool to have other interests- it just came off as really annoying. Also, you can't disagree with him without a snide comment or ripping you to shreds. Or getting blocked and removed from the chat.

Trades. We're doing this 1k to 1 million thing or whatever and it's been 6 months with like 1% of growth. Absolutely dismal. He's always like "this is gonna be great guys" "watch this" "this is the one" blah blah and every trade tanks. So then he says stuff like "my bad guys now I'm testing out new timeframes blah blah" He just goes on and on and promises stuff but doesn't deliver. So I'm wondering how he's funding this wealthy lifestyle if he can't trade profitably? He makes money off the memberships, that's how. I wish he'd stop using us as guinea pigs and start his own demo account when trying out strategies. People are paying $400+ for what? For 4 pips.

I'm staying in this for the long haul however. I did pay for it so I might as well get some usage out of this even if it means suffering through Nick's manic ego.
joe,
New York, USA,
May 18, 2018,

marketer not a trader

I joined pips U with hopes to become a successful Forex trader. At first I was very impressed with the training videos and wealth of knowledge Nick seemed to have. As I continued my journey as a Pips U member more and more seemed to become evident about this "school". first I realized on the signup page he had listed a countdown for cheaper pricing, this countdown was nothing more than a marketing gimmick to get you to sign up quickly as the prices remain the same from when I joined. I signed up for the elite $500 package which has a list of benefits over the other packages. I then came to realize that no matter the package you get basically the same thing. The biggest driver for me in the most expensive package was the group chat, I later found out everyone gets the group chat. I was very excited to "start my new life" as he says in the intro. but after losing signal after another my suspicions grew stronger about this Forex Wizard. I also then found out that the only review on his site is posted by a very close friend of his giving it no real credibility at all. His $1000 account challenge seemed like exactly what I wanted at the time, the ability to start with a small sum of money and grow it with an expert there to help whenever I needed. This was not the case. We were lucky to hear from nick maybe once a week with maybe 1 out of 10 signals being profitable. He recently decided to do a full rebranding of his "University" and has been a little more on top of things but his lessons are outdated techniques and a lot of useless information that is not relevant to today's market. All of what he teaches can easily be found on youtube for free. if you are ok with paying money for coin toss signals and easily sourced learning information than Pips U is exactly what you want. He is a marketer and nothing else I think he honestly would have been more successful working for a marketing firm rather than selling hopes and dreams to people who truly want to learn. There is no track record available anywhere on his personal account the only My Fx book he has is on the $1000 account which if you assume he took the same trades on his main account he is not a very good trader at all. I can't forget to mention that If you are a member and ask for his verified track record he WILL kick you from Pips university with no refund or reason why. Stay away and happy trading!
Dalton Brooks,
Spring Texas, USA,
May 18, 2018,

SCAM! I BELIEVE HE WAS UP .57% IN 6 MONTHS OF TRADING. WAS RUDE TO ANYONE WHO QUESTIONED HIS BRILLIANCE AND NO REFUNDS FOR C*** SERVICE, THANKFULLY I NEVER TOOK HIS TRADES.