Coinexx.com Review Visit site

Updated: Apr 8, 2020
Coinexx has acquired FinproTrading.com.
Coinexx.com is NOT related to CoinEx.com

Coinexx.com is NOT related to Coinexx.org.

The FPA is informed that Coinexx.NET is an impostor site misusing Coinexx.com's logo and even contact information.

About Coinexx.com

Coinexx is a forex broker. Coinexx offers the MetaTrader 4 and 5 forex trading top platform. Coinexx.com offers over 60 forex currency pairs, stock indices, Gold, Silver, bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Trading platforms:MT4, MT5
Currencies:(60+)
Cryptocurrencies:(5+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(10+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods:Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ether/Ethereum, Litecoin, Other Crypto Currencies
Withdrawal Methods:Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Ether/Ethereum, Litecoin, Other Crypto Currencies

Join live discussion of Coinexx.com on our forum

Desert Hot Springs, CA, USA,
Aug 11, 2019,

"MT4 Stopped Working"...a disaster!!

About Coinexx: I am finally seeinmg a steady profit in my trading.

After steadily growing my account, and after spending months adding over 100 indicators, over 50 profiles, over 100 templates, suddenly, my Coinexx MT4 "stopped working." This happened today, Sunday 8-11-19, right as the new trading session started. I spent hours on the weekend planning trades, researching and marking my charts. Then, "coincidentally," right when the markets opened, my MT4 stopped working?? Then the Coinexx rep, via "chat" say, just reload MT4. I am so angry I can't begin to tell you.

my "MT4 Stopped working" means losing EVERYTHING! I now have to spend hours re-installing all of my indicators, re-installing all of my templates, re-installing all of my profiles...it is very, very suspicious? I wanted to come to ForexPeaceArmy, so that if any other winning traders have this happen with Coinexx, you know what's going on.

If you start making money, and you find that with Coinexx, all of your work has suddenly, simply "disappeared," and there's nothing you can do about it, you will then know: that's how easily a broker could put a major hurdle in front of you.

For me, I am going to open up a couple of accounts elsewhere, with larger, regulated brokers. I took a chance with Coinexx. But this really pissed me off!

May 29, 2019 - No Rating The jury is still out on this one...so far, so good.

I had a good overall trading experience with "FinPro." When FinPro was bought by Coinexx I transitioned. I have basically had no negative issues...I think.

What I am watching for, is any spread manipulation. I am not accusing Coinexx of anything. But, I am watching carefully. Here's why:

On three separate occasions, I experienced a quick spread spike in excess of 20 pips, taking out my SL, seconds before the trade went in the direction I expected. This only happened when I temporarily stopped using the "stealth mode" of my trade management software. Previously I only traded in "stealth mode," not revealing my SL, and didn't notice anything like that.

To be fair, maybe the spike, seconds before a significant move, is something that can't be avoided. But, it seems a little suspicious.

Now, I actively monitor trades more aggressively, and I keep my stops 100 or more pips away, in "stealth mode." If the trade goes far enough against me, I just manually shut it off. But, unfortunately, it means more "screen time." Oh well. It's my money.

I also use a second monitor with two other data feeds, to confirm and compare that a major spread spike is not just happening with Coinexx.

Like I said, I enjoy the leverage, and I've had no problem making withdrawals. And, since I've been trading for 10 years, I've learned that most issues weren't the brokers fault.

I understand how the banks manipulate the forex, I understand the dangers of trading the majors, trading when the markets first open...trading on Friday, when the banks take their profit.

But, I am actively watching the spreads, recording the spikes, and comparing the data feeds.

Can't be to careful :)

Mar 19, 2019 - 4 Stars I, too, was with "FinPro," who was then bought out by Coinexx. I was happy with FinPro, and I'm happy with Coinexx.

One criticism, is that some of us are active traders, with multiple accounts, and with more than one broker. Sorry, but, I don't think it's wise to keep "all of your eggs in one basket."

Each time I request a withdrawal from Coinexx, they contact me me to find out "what's wrong?" I have to tell them, "nothing is wrong" :) I just need my money whenever I need it. They should already know: if people have a problem, they won't hesitate to let them know.

I make regular deposits and regular withdrawals. Other than that annoying "inquiry," I have had no problem making withdrawals with Coinexx, and I've made quite a few.

I would love to see this broker offer the option to link a "VISA" card to the trading account (like I have with "Interactive Brokers"). It eliminates the fear we have of getting or having access to our money. After all: it's OUR money, and if a broker wants a lot more traders to deposit funds, make it easy for us to get our money when we want it.

Also, the online back office platform seems a little "glitchy," and sometimes you will sit there with a frozen page, watching the "crypto wheel" spin, until to refresh the page. But, I don't need the back office that much, and I can live with that.

What's important to me is 1) good commissions, 2) great leverage 3) deposits are credited quickly to the trading account, and 4) withdrawals are no more than a couple days.

For now, I primarily transact via "bitcoin," which is then converted to USD for trading, and it's easy to do with Coinexx.

If anything changes, I'll be sure and let you know.

Remember, anytime you trade with an unregulated broker, which some of us USA clients do, watch your balances. Spread things around a little :)
texas, USA,
Feb 17, 2019,

wires gone

bad experience so far ,lost a wd wire (1000.$ by dec 13th ,never made it to my acc ,was finpro then

asked for another wd on 1.18 2019 (1200$) still waiting after 8 business days ,nothing in my bank acc yet

99996820 1200 USD BANK TRANSFER Approved 18-01-2019

still waiting....
Mannheim, Germany,
Jul 18, 2019,

Don't Get Fooled

Hi there, I tried Coinexx now and it left me with mixed feelings.
Firstly, in my personal opinion many of the reviews here are written by them, they read like an ad text, so I would only consider the balanced reviews for your decision.
Here are my general bullet points after trading there with 1,8k

1 - Spread was fair and alright when I traded it.
2- Minimum leverage is 100x, which I personally find insanely dangerous already - don't gamble your cryptos away
3- Convenient to start with as you don't have to provide all your documents, like IDs etc (which I know are often sold on the dark net later by employees of brokers - not Coinexx, but in general). So this is a big plus.
4 - MT4/MT5 available, I had no issues locally and/or with the web trader.

Negative points to consider:
1 - Consider they are completely unregulated. Crypto is most often shady in general (I am working in this niche). Brokers are most often shady in general. Combine both and you have a very high risk scenario. No CC charge backs, no FSA/PRA is there to protect your ass in case of a dispute.
2 - This is the main negative spot where they will try to screw you imo: You deposit in crypto and it is converted spot to your local currency. We all know how volatile crypto is. So a BTC move can balance out your loss of a trade or make it even worse when withdrawing. I saw the recent BTC/ETH drop coming and thought it would be smart to take out my profits in EUR + the increased value in ETH but what they do, is to delay the withdrawal, so you get maximum breakeven. Once I confirmed my withdrawal, request it took 2 days until an AM contacted. He/She wanted to reconfirm that all my given details are correct. Once confirmed they take another 24 hours to withdraw your money, so they have room to time your withdrawal, at a time where they can negate your earning with the help of crypto volatility. I think they use this on a broad scale, but this is just an assumption and only found evidence in my single case. I will observe that and update here.
USA, USA,
Mar 29, 2020,

Something is happening

I have had an account with coinexx and before then was with finpro when coinexx took over with no warning.. thankfully the finpro people stayed long enough to insure the transfer went smoothly.. I’ve noticed however over the year the demeanor of the chat support has changed dramatically, so I’m pretty sure it’s a new team. The spreads the past few weeks has more that doubled.. usually the EURUSD spread was .02-.03 I assumed it was just market volatility. Well I just tried to log in to my account and poof,, the MT4 server is now FX View and mt5 isn’t available anymore.. There was ZERO warning about this.. and I looked up FX View and it looks like a chop shop pop up business.. Also the Operations tab on the coinexx website no longer works.. Obviously I’ll be messaging them to find out more details when they come back from the weekend. Also, another scary point.. I saw a LinkedIn profile for a manager at coinexx located in Nigeria, which is not were they claim to be,, and I didn’t expect them to be in the islands, I expected Middle East or Europe, not Nigeria... So there’s that.. It also explains the “working hours” and server time.. Obviously I’ve personally NEVER had an issue with them.. but this is the second change in 18 months without any warning.. makes me nervous.. VERY nervous.. I just wish they would be more transparent..

Reply by Coinexx Support submitted Apr 6, 2020:
Hi fxalchemy,

We believe this review may have been posted by you before you reviewed our email regarding server upgrade that was performed over the weekend of (28th-29th Mar). Also, our Chat support was operational over most of the weekend to support any clients facing login issue due the server updates.

1. MT4/MT5 installation - Kindly note that following the upgradation of our servers, it was communicated to all clients that they should install and use our latest MT4 and MT5 platforms. In case you have not done that, you might be seeing "FX-View" or any other default name as various 3rd parties use Metaquotes services. Also, you can always search and add "Coinexx" to any standard MT4/MT5 platform. However, we would like to clairfy that we do not have any relationship with "FX-View". Operations tab on our Client Portal was not operational for a few hours during the upgrade, however it was made available on Sunday (29-Mar), much before the market opening time.

2. Spread Widening - We're sure you'd be aware that there is a relatively higher volatility in market currently and the spreads have widened across most pairs. However as a pure ECN and trader friendly broker, we are renouned to be having one of the lowest spreads in the industry. As an example, typically our spead on the EURUSD is 0.2 Pips (which is trade executed and not the display only spread).

3. Linkedin profile - We do not have any linkedin profile, however some impersonators had tagged themselves as Coinexx employees. We have contacted Linkedin and we had them remove the malicious Coinexx page. Additionally, we would like to clarify that we do not have any employees/operations/office based in Nigeria.

We always strive to provide excellent customer experience and the best trading conditions to all of our clients.

We hope this response clarifies your doubts. However, if you still have any concerns you can always contact us directly via email or via our 24 X 5 Livechat support at anytime.

Regards
Coinexx Team
Jan 24, 2019,

They sent my money, despite my fears.

I just completed a large (for me) transaction with coinexx.com and thought I’d pass along my experience.

About a year ago, I opened an account with Finpro trading. I guess they were based out of the UK. I started with a $3,000 and I never did take any withdrawals from this account. I was fine with them, but since I never made a withdrawal they were still unproven for me. My account steadily increased over time time and by the end of December my account equity was around $6,000. Then, right after Christmas, I got the notification that my account had suddenly been transferred to Coinexx. A real WTF moment, as there was no advance notice that this was going to happen with no options offered.

The other thing that I didn't like, was that all additions and withdrawals would be made in cryptocurrency and I had absolutely no experience with that form of money. Also, they had a continuing problem with their website getting their dashboard working properly, which didn’t seem very professional.

So, even though my account continued to grow there were several things about Coinexx that made me quite nervous. As others have said, the fact there is no address, no country, no phone number, no point of contact other than a chat and an email address, made me quite nervous. I mean, this place could disappear off the face of the Earth and what are you to do? There would be no chance of recourse. So, I decided to get set up to withdraw my funds. As I learned about how to navigate in the Bitcoin world, I first did an initial transaction and pulled $50 out of my Coinexx account, had it delivered to a newly created wallet, then sent it to a currency exchange and finally had a bit of money placed back into my personal checking account to prove I had at least a newbies grasp of the system. So far, so good.

I held on to my account for another week or two then decided it was time to ease my mind, close out, and go somewhere else. So I went to the Coinexx site and made the withdrawal for 7,000 USD to add to my crypto wallet. On the Coinexx site, they say there is a 24 to 48-hour time frame for the transaction to be approved. At the 24-hour mark, I contacted Coinexx via chat just to make sure that everything was in order and there wouldn't be any surprises. They assured me that all was right with the world. So far, so good.

So after about 36 hours passed I was pleased to find the transaction happened and the $7,000 was in my wallet. After the money showed up in my account, it took about seven or eight hours for the pending notice to go away and finally the money is there to do with as I please. So, it all was as it should be, but it was just too much of a risk for me to keep that money in there, with basically an unknown, unknowable, untraceable organization. So, as far as doing what they said they were going to do, I have to give them a thumbs up, they did come through. However, IMHO they need to spend some time establishing themselves as a real organization.

Dec 29, 2018 - No Rating On December 23, 2018 I was flabbergasted to learn that my account with FinPro would be changed to Coinexx. I had been with FinPro for about 10 months and had never made any withdrawals, but things seemed right with them. They did answer questions promptly.

There are two alarming parts to this change. First, there was no advance warning from either FinPro or Coinexx, the move just happened. I think that any upright company would provide plenty of notice to a customer that their firm was being acquired by another and offer the chance to cash out. Second, apparently Coinexx only conducts transactions in Bitcoin and other crypto currencies. This is very distressing to me as I have absolutely no experience with Bitcoin, and I really wasn't interested in participating in it. I simply wanted a broker to accept USD and to pay my withdrawals in USD. At this point, I am undecided about the course to take and I am extremely concerned about the safety of my funds.

Sandusky, Oh., USA,
Oct 4, 2019,

Coinexx- Wooo, how much slippage ???

Coinexx is friendly enough and easy to work with. Just don't trade the news !!!!!
Slippage is the worst of any broker I've ever had. A VPS made no difference. even with my VPS in the same city as their Server, D.C.
USA, USA,
Jul 15, 2019,

Almost a year of automated MT4 trading

And this broker far outperforms it's competition for US investors. ECN is second to none, and results for my automated strategy are better than head to head tests against LMFX and TurnkeyFX.
Good liquidity here, and always improving.
4 stars because website is sometimes buggy and un-responsive, and doesn't give much feedback about whether it is hung up or will load eventually.
Great, responsive broker, easy BTC deposits and withdrawals, hopefully here for the long term.

texas, USA,
Sep 5, 2019,

Great broker with tight spreads

One of the few brokers that I feel confident in. Very tight spreads and no crazy wicks that try to take out a SL. Withdrawals can take a up to 3 days to be in your account, however this is states on the website so completely within my bounds.
Mt4/Mt5 platform to use. One of the lowest commissions offered at $2 a lot. Only giving it 4 stars since I wished they had faster withdrawals

North Carolina, USA,
Feb 23, 2019,

I was client of Finpro Trading and now am with Coinexx. So far I have only one complaint and that is that they do no wire transfers (as Finpro Trading did). They use the dreaded Bitcoin for withdrawals. Coinbase is going to get their commission which is much higher than my previous bank wire fee ($16). Add to that the value of a bitcoin may work either for or against me, I can easily lose a $100 on a $3000 withdrawal. Only made 2 withdrawals so far and both times bitcoin value went against me. I am in US and may look for another broker due to the withdrawal policy of Coinexx.

Idaho, USA,
Jun 27, 2019,

Funds hacked and stolen

I hate to post this, because I am so fully committed to using Coinexx.com but just thought I would mention it. My friend has his Coinexx credentials stolen through a Key Logger. Hackers were then able to enter the Coinexx account, determine the balances, and then (somehow) fake email requests for the withdrawals, which were NOT send from my friend's email service (protonmail in Switzerland) . Fortunately, these were only about $100 and another $60 or so... SUBSEQUENTLY, COINEXX HAS ADDED additional security. HOWEVER, they were never up front on the theft, and send us the email messages requesting the EXACT balances to transfer to a BitCoin address from the 2 accounts. COINEXX is, without doubt, and especially for U.S. persons, the finest available offshore brokerage, so I am sad to report this. I will be continuing to use them, and do recommend them to anyone. HOWEVER, if you are using Windows, I highly recommend that you use a product called "Key Scrambler" (I am not affiliated, and this isn't advertising) which thwarts the ability of keyloggers to steal data from within Browser fields by encrypting the entries, etc... quite transparently. IN CONCLUSION: I will continue to use Coinexx, but am very upset that my friend's "lax security" allowed attackers to scrape his login credentials and to steal all of the funds in his accounts at Coinexx. I also believe they have better security now, so I don't see this as a show-stopper for me. hyperscalper