FTMO Review

Updated: Nov 27, 2020 · FTMO.com  · Is this your company?
FTMO

Contact: support@ftmo.com, +44 2033222983

Join live discussion of FTMO.com on our forum

FTMO.com profile provided by FTMO support, Jun 13, 2018

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia,
May 16, 2020,

Strategy restriction

I passed both a challenge and verification. But the company said, your strategy involves very tight stop loss which can't be used. And offered me a free challenge and warned me not to use that strategy again. I understand that their real account suffers a loss from slippages due to my tight stop loss. But if they have given us a clear instruction about their minimum stop loss placement in the first place - for instance, 10 pips away from entrance, I'd have happily followed. In this case, they should eliminate the statement - "Trade your own trading strategy with no limits or restrictions.", and impose a minimum stop loss requirement on us.
PH, Philippines,
May 13, 2020,

Great company!!

just received my first payout on FTMO as one of their funded trader. payment process was really quick less than 24hrs thru wire transfer and they even refunded the the fee for the challenge. would recommend to anyone out there interested

May 12, 2020,

Great company, trustable

I have received my first profit split within 1 day! This is real company, real profit, real trading. Challenge fee was refunded to me as well, really trustable company. Great support and opportunity to trade with bigger account with them. Strongly recommend to everyone, just learn, apply for a Challenge and you will see yourself! You have nothing to lose!

Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam,
May 12, 2020,

One of the top Funding for traders

I passed the Challenge and Verification in one month. It went very smoothly. You can choose a variety of brokers and even switch your account between each phase. I've already had an FTMO account and the payment was on time. Highly recommend to retail traders.

Saint-jean-en-royans, France,
May 11, 2020,

FTMO Metrics stopped for daily loss while i was in profit

I recently paid an FTMO challenge for 50k for about 340 euros.

I was on a euro usd hedged trade while overall the long was more than short; when i took profit i went to check the metrics and they marked that i violated a daily loss rule. which by all means was deeply wrong , even taken into account the hedged short. I know they talk about the floating loss however I even willingly took the unplanned and floating loss (which it was not planned to be so but i wanted to prove my point of not being in loss of 2500 USD) to show and prove to their team that overall that equity and balance were still viable. So I took it and overall I was at 48250,
The support responded one day later, and they were not helpful at all. No retest, nothing , very cold message that you could see were some copy paste of what they generally send.
I feel cheated on, as my decision to apply with them was due to the many post i read on this website;
My experience is not similar to what I read here
Jordan,
Colorado, USA,
May 8, 2020,

FTMO WITHDRAW HIT BANK

For those wondering if ftmo is legit or not. I started my first challenge 3-4 months ago. I just received my first withdraw that hit the bank yesterday. Very excited to hav 100% proof that its actually real :)
Toronto, Canada,
May 7, 2020,

Horrible Service

So quick story, I have never traded an MT4 platform in my life. I am a futures trader for the last 15 years part-time. Do to the COVID 19 I have lost my job and decided to try out a funded account. I started a Trial account at FTMO to practice for one day and that evening opened a 25,000 Challenge. The next morning I wanted to practice with placing stops and limit orders on the Trail account but I was logged into the Challenge account by accident. Please remember I had no prior experience with MT4. I place 8 to 10 random trades all at the same time just to practice moving stops and limits and taking partial orders off etc... I did not think twice about this because I assumed it was a trial account. I practiced for about 20 mins and then left all the trades open and went to trade my live futures account not even thinking about it. My plan was to start the challenge the following day. Later that day I found out that I had not been in the Trial account but I had been in my Challenge account and the trades violated the challenge rules. So I wrote the company explaining the mistake and they rudely refused to make an exception for me. It was literally the first day of the Challenge and only an idiot would place 8 random 1 lot orders on the same instrument at the same moment it was clearly practice.
Dominic,
Essex, United Kingdom,
May 5, 2020,

FTMO is

I know there is a lot of scepticism in terms of whether FTMO pays their clients and I would like to help to clear this up.

I have, since 2019 November, been attempting to get a FTMO account and finally in my second attempt I managed to get one.
The process of getting the account after completing the verification took a little while, however by April 1st I had my login details, and as it was the first of the month and you get paid every 30days, I thought it made sense to open a 0.01 lot postion to ensure payment on may 1st

On May 1st, after making a profit of $2,593 for the first month , I got sent an email to complete an invoice to process my payment. Now although it took a little while, most likely because the 1st fell on the weekend therefore I had to wait for till the Monday, when the payment finally arrived in my account in my national currency of the £. Later on that day I received my refund from the third party you first pay to when purchasing the challenge.

Overall FTMO is perfectly sound, and what they say they do is exactly what they do. I myself was skeptical at first, and even with the payment not coming till Monday, me being an anxious person did get a little worried especially as it was my first payment but everything was fine and I finally received my first ever payment from Fx after a long time of studying. I would highly suggest to anyone who feels they are capable of completing the challenge and verification to use FTMO services and attempt their challenge .

Dublin, Ireland,
May 4, 2020,

Trustable

I have received my first profit split. Challenge fee was refunded to my account too, so really I can trust them. Hopefully I'll be able to work with them for long time. Very helpful staff if you have any queries.

NJ, USA,
Apr 30, 2020,

Received first full profit-spit payment

I want to thank the team at FTMO for quickly sending me my first profit split of $6,237 and the refund of my challenge! I look forward to future profit splits with FTMO and I highly recommend them to any FOREX trader that is serious about trading and wants to make $ without risking there own capital.