FTMO Review

Prop Firm

Updated: Jan 22, 2021 · FTMO.com  · Is this your company?
FTMO

Contact: support@ftmo.com, +44 2033222983

Join live discussion of FTMO.com on our forum

FTMO.com profile provided by FTMO support, Jun 13, 2018

Amsterdam, Netherlands,
Jan 8, 2021,

overall positive experience

my story with FTMO is a little strange. I started taking challenges early 2020, however I didn't pass any of them because I was a beginner. So, I blew around 10 challenges, but I kept trying and learning from my mistakes. In October 2020 I became a funded trader. first month I didn't make any profit so I asked FTMO to refund my challenge fee (540 Euro) for the 100K account I have. In 3 working days I got the money in my account. But i was eager to know if the profit split is real. So second month I made 650 $ profit so my share was 455. I sent them the invoice as required and after 3 working days I got the amount in my account. Honestly I was skeptical in the beginning that they will share the profit. Now I can say that I have a trusted partner whose funding me and sharing the profit with me.

Michael Naidoo,
Sandton, South Africa,

FTMO leading the way

I received my first profit split and reimbursed fee within 3 days of submitting my invoice.
Customer service is world class.

If you’re a consistently profitable trader but lack capital, FTMO is the perfect Prop Firm for you.

Risk and Profit objectives are very good!

Reading, United Kingdom,
Jan 7, 2021,

I still can't believe this is real!

I recently completed my challenge and verification. I dropped out of university and have spent the last 5 years washing dishes, working in warehouses and offices. This opportunity has completely changed my life even in the pandemic. There was a slight delay for my first profit split but really and truly I can't complain. I received my pay out and my refund for the challenge and I am now waiting for my second profit split. I look forward to getting two more accounts so that I can continue this amazing journey with FTMO. I'd 1000% recommend.

Toronto, Canada,

They paid me my profit split and fees back 100%

I see many traders are still skeptical about FTMO, however they have paid me my profit split of 70% as well as the initial fees. I can confirm they are 100% legit. Awesome company for traders with an edge.

Bridgetown Barbados, Barbados,

Great Prop Firm

I Received My Payout From Ftmo Along Back With My Fee, At First I Was Skeptical About The Company But I Still Went Ahead, Its Been The Best Thing Decision I've Made, Thanks FTMO

Brendan,
Australia, Australia,

Legit company

I completed both challenges, and received my profit split on my profit split day aswell as al the full refund of my challenge.

Incredibly easy to work with, very smooth process. Very greatful

Sealsey,
Newcastle, United Kingdom,
Jan 6, 2021,

Sealsey

Received my first month profit split within 3 days via Skrill, and shortly after the refund for the challenge account.

Nice and straightforward, looking forward to continuing to work with FTMO moving forward.

United States of America, USA,
Jan 1, 2021,

Bad Servers

I gave a 2 star because they payout and overall you can make money with them.

My issue:
The ftmo servers are not good. This is the third time I can remember since they’ve migrated to new servers that they’ve crashed. I was in verification phase and was trading bitcoin on Sunday. Equity was up to $102,800 and I tried multiple time to close. It wouldn’t close and eventually hit my stop loss.

Here I made a great trade and put myself back into position to pass. It’s Friday and still no new account or anything. Barely even any response through email support. They acknowledged it but aren’t willing to replace my verification account.

If you have bad servers AT LEAST help the customer.

Overall it’s not a bad company and withdrawals are fine. But the way they go about things on customer service side of things are bad. Servers aren’t good at all and if they can’t help me when these issues arise, I’ll not have much faith in this company moving forward.

Andreas,
Bavaria, Germany,
Dec 29, 2020,

A very solid and good prop-trading company

Hello together,

I would like to share my experience with you. I paid the fee and received my challenge login credentials. I chose the 80k Challenge. In the beginnings I had many questions regarding trading days, profit split, how many account per trader etc. but the support team responded very quick and prompt. Any question you have you can ask just email them and within 1 or 2 days max you will receive a reply/answer. After passing both challenge and verification phase I got a real trading account with 80k Euros. My first profit split was this month and 2 days later I received an email from the FTMO support team whether I would like to payout my profits or not. The whole process did not even took that long and I received the money on skrill within three days. So now I am trading the 80k account and got my start fee back. I am very satisfied with the company and would recommend it to anyone who wants to trade seriously with proper risk management, because no matter what, it always come down to your own trading behaviors.
A few words about trading with FTMO:
the spreads are good and tight. Since I am only trading EU and GJ pairs I can tell you that the spreads are very low e.g. EU 0-3 points and GJ 3-9 points but as you it varies and depends on what day and how volatile the market is. I never experienced any kind of slippage caused by the broker himself or a trade that was not executed. So far all my limit orders have been executed and all my trades were closed at the price I wanted it (sometimes the news would cause a little slippage but you have to look at another brokers and you would notice the same kind of slippage)
If you still unsure about FTMO you could try the demo/free challenge, if you a beginner trader I would suggest to try to pass the free challenge three times first.
The only thing that will make or break your trading is risk management. If you break the rules of maximum -5% a day or maximum -10% drawdown overall you are out, but with a proper risk management you should not be able to blow it all in just a few trades.
Less is always more.

Best regards
Andreas

Saleh Mselem,
Africa, Tanzania, United Republic of,
Dec 28, 2020,

EXCELLENT

FTMO is simply the benchmark of all prop firms out there. I too was skeptical about how legit they were until i joined them, they offer the highest profit split available in the prop firm industry and they do it with integrity. i surely recommend to all skillful and disciplined traders who don't have enough capital to trade to join FTMO. You wont regret it.