FTMO Review

Prop Firm

Updated: Jan 20, 2021 · FTMO.com  · Is this your company?
FTMO

Contact: support@ftmo.com, +44 2033222983

Join live discussion of FTMO.com on our forum

FTMO.com profile provided by FTMO support, Jun 13, 2018

Roy,
Canada, Canada,
Jul 8, 2019,

FTMO Good funded program

The experience was very good for the ten days of challenge. I was able to pass the challenge in a few days. I was also able to pass my target amount.

Selangor, Malaysia,
Aug 22, 2019,

Excellent practise for discipline trader

This was my first challenge for this and I am now in the validation period, Before joining this test, I was lacking quite a number of few requirement which a trader need which are risk and discipline. After I came across this, It did help me in achieving certain criteria that traders should have. Its a good place to learn as well and at the same time if we pass we do get some initial funding to assist each other in making money.
Tiberiu,
Mitrofan, Romania,
Oct 23, 2019,

trusted company

this is by far the best company to trade for. you have to pass the challenge first which includes to get 10% profit in 30 days and then there will be a verification where you have to get 5% profit from the deposit in 60 days. There are some other rules but nothing complicated. I passed them all and now I am waiting for my live trading account. For more details you can go on their website.

Bucharest, Romania,
Nov 21, 2019,

FTMO Great opportunity for forex, commodity, index traders

I have tried FTMO funded program and pass the challenge, now almost finalised the verification step, till now is my favourite company for a trading funded account. FTMO gives very good risk parameters allowing you a 1:1 maximum drawdown/profit target. I appreciate the rules they have in the funding process, especially the fact that I can hold overnight positions and I can profit on a longer horizon to capture the volatility. I think this is a good opportunity as you can stack the odds in your favour, using a longer timeframe not only day trading, thus allowing you a chance to make money. Also a great thing is that they allow traders to have multiple funded accounts, maximum 3 accounts of 100.000 USD per trader per strategy. They let you choose from 11 brokers and trade any instrument the broker provide, forex, commodities, equities at index level, cryptos, etc. The client support from the Czech Company was great. I totally recommend!
James,
Uk, United Kingdom,
Nov 8, 2019,

Excellent so far

I have just completed the challenge and verification stages and so far FTMO have been a great company to deal with. Very professional and as the challenge and verification stages progressed they have been in contact with me offering encouragement and assistance. The online tools are excellent, a lot of material for traders to review. I can’t comment on the live account yet or withdrawals but I have no doubt with will be as smooth as the challenge and verification stages.

Monção, Portugal,
Jul 9, 2019,

Exceeded my expectations

Customer attention fantastic. They are always available to answer any doubts, fast, either by email by chat. All the information available in their website match with the reality. I have just finished the challenge and now I'm in the verification. If all run as expect in August I'll be your Trader.

Saint-jean-en-royans, France,
May 11, 2020,

FTMO Metrics stopped for daily loss while i was in profit

I recently paid an FTMO challenge for 50k for about 340 euros.

I was on a euro usd hedged trade while overall the long was more than short; when i took profit i went to check the metrics and they marked that i violated a daily loss rule. which by all means was deeply wrong , even taken into account the hedged short. I know they talk about the floating loss however I even willingly took the unplanned and floating loss (which it was not planned to be so but i wanted to prove my point of not being in loss of 2500 USD) to show and prove to their team that overall that equity and balance were still viable. So I took it and overall I was at 48250,
The support responded one day later, and they were not helpful at all. No retest, nothing , very cold message that you could see were some copy paste of what they generally send.
I feel cheated on, as my decision to apply with them was due to the many post i read on this website;
My experience is not similar to what I read here
Toronto, Canada,
May 7, 2020,

Horrible Service

So quick story, I have never traded an MT4 platform in my life. I am a futures trader for the last 15 years part-time. Do to the COVID 19 I have lost my job and decided to try out a funded account. I started a Trial account at FTMO to practice for one day and that evening opened a 25,000 Challenge. The next morning I wanted to practice with placing stops and limit orders on the Trail account but I was logged into the Challenge account by accident. Please remember I had no prior experience with MT4. I place 8 to 10 random trades all at the same time just to practice moving stops and limits and taking partial orders off etc... I did not think twice about this because I assumed it was a trial account. I practiced for about 20 mins and then left all the trades open and went to trade my live futures account not even thinking about it. My plan was to start the challenge the following day. Later that day I found out that I had not been in the Trial account but I had been in my Challenge account and the trades violated the challenge rules. So I wrote the company explaining the mistake and they rudely refused to make an exception for me. It was literally the first day of the Challenge and only an idiot would place 8 random 1 lot orders on the same instrument at the same moment it was clearly practice.
Leiden, Netherlands,
Jul 23, 2019,

Article discount

is this the reason i only see positive reviews ?

"Article discount
Become an inspiration for other traders and be part of FTMO. Help us to create an interesting content about trading and get a discount for the Challenge! Anyone who writes an article will be rewarded with a 5% discount for the Challenge of any size. For more information click here."

Jul 22, 2019 - 1 Star Making 10 % in one month is a absurd demand.
What are you gonna do when markets are not moving ?
There business model is easy take the fee and make money.
When they have your money you won't hear from them anymore.
Only Gamblers are true the first round they are not interested in good traders,they just want your sign up fee.
Tried it several times but i am no gambler so no change to succeed.
Reply by FTMO support submitted Jul 25, 2019:
Hello Signals, thanks for your opinion. Let us just give you facts that speak for itself as you have posted some false accusations. 10% on profit target is required only in the first stage of the evaluation process. In the Verification, you only have a 5% target and once you are funded, there is no profit target at all. The first stage requirement of 10% is not absurd at all, as it is in balance with the loss we allow you to take. We allow traders to lose 10% so we aim 10% on target, it's a logical ratio of 1:1 and no investor in the world will allow you to lose more than what they expect/target. To answer another question you posted, when markets are not moving, we give a new free account every time trader respects the rules. This situation is clearly described here: https://ftmo.com/en/faq/if-i-fail-do-i-get-a-second-chance/
You stated that traders don't hear from us after they pay the fee. That is absolutely false statement. Our customer support is outstanding and we are available through multiple channels. You can see the reviews of many happy traders below in this thread. If there is anything that troubles you or anything else you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact us at support@ftmo.com or any other contact options we offer.

Knoxville, Tennessee, USA,
Nov 8, 2020,

Company does not honor the rules of the contract

I had a very bad experience with this company. I signed up for the challenge and was soon after notified that I had violated the max loss rule even though my account had never come close to going below a $5,000 loss for the trading day. The company deceives people because on their website thet state that the max daily loss is $5,000 but in actuality it is anytime the equity of the account from its highest point goes down by $5,000. There is a huge difference! I have no choice but to dispute the payment for the challenge with my credit card company because FTMO clearly did not honor their end of the contract!