FTMO Review

Updated: Jul 10, 2020 · FTMO.com  · Is this your company?
FTMO

Join live discussion of FTMO.com on our forum

FTMO.com profile provided by FTMO support, Jun 13, 2018

Liverpool, United Kingdom,
Jul 8, 2020,

Trustworthy and helpful company

Once I've passed my challenge and verification, it took about 2 weeks to receive live trading account.
First month passed, challenge fee refunded and profit split arrived without any issues. It took about 1 week for money to reach my bank account.

Very helpful people, down to earth trading rules. Overall I am very pleased with FTMO so far. Hopefully all stay the same for long term.

TT, Trinidad and Tobago,
Jul 7, 2020,

Best prop firm out there

By far the best prop firm out there. Received my first profit split and challenge refund. Customer service is excellent. Always receive timely responses to my emails. Excellent overall

Glasgow, United Kingdom,
Jun 28, 2020,

FTMO - Changing my life

Hi,

Just a quick note to offer some reassurance from a complete stranger.

I have read a few people doubting that FTMO will pay out on profits and refund. My wife was one of those sceptics!

I have 2 100k accounts with FTMO. The profit share and refund was paid out promptly on both accounts.

The team at FTMO answer queries quickly and have been professional throughout.

Trading with FTMO is changing my life. I started off as a naive trader, thinking I could turn my own money in to a big pot to live off. Now I know better, FTMO is helping me actually achieve those aims.

I thought I was disciplined in my trading before FTMO but using their rules really pushed me to analyse in more detail what I was doing wrong. Make no mistake, don’t dive in to this thinking it will be easy. It is challenging but it was the challenge I needed to become consistently profitable.

My personal trading approach involves sometimes holding positions over the weekend which I can’t do with FTMO but understandable as to why they don’t allow this.

All the best

Nowy Targ, Poland,
Jun 25, 2020,

Very good

Withdraw is complete with not problem good proces. I recommend this company is very good and professional.

Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2020,

Ftmo Live Account/ Profit Split

FTMO is a great investor company and trustworthy. I actually received my profit split as they promised. They also assist you with becoming a better trader. Great company in my opinion!

W,
Somewhere-in, USA,
Jun 24, 2020,

Recently Funded, Overall Positive Experience.

Overall I've had a very positive experience trading with FTMO. Every chance they have they provide excellent support. I have been funded and received my first profit split along with a full refund for the cost of the challenge and am looking forward to completing additional challenges and growing the account.

Their LMAX data feed has had some issues which understandably isn't ideal but they do offer to review your trade logs and will compensate you accordingly if you've been negatively affected. Keep in mind this issue resides with the data feed, not FTMO, and so far I've only experienced it on two days.

london, United Kingdom,
Jun 13, 2020,

Great Idea!

I like the idea of FTMO and currently trying out the challenge. I take it on a 10k account you dont really have 10K to trade with more like 10K buying Power with a max loss of 10% (funded&challenge) which is a little on the downside for me.

Secondly, you have to trade a min of 10 trading days so around 2 weeks (mon-fri) but if a trader reaches his profit target within 5 days then why not let the person advance onto the next stage? i understand they want to check the consistency of the trader but i think they need to let them just progress onto the next stage..

EXAMPLE- 1K PROFIT TARGET REACHED WITHIN 5 DAYS = 5 DAYS STILL LEFT TO TRADE- ( THE TRADER IS NOT GOING TO TRADE WITH NORMAL LOT SIZES AND RISK GETTING INTO A LOSS WHILST HES PASSED THE CHALLENGE.. SO TO ME I THINK IT WOULD BE OKAY IF THEY WOULD LET THE TRADER ADVANCE TO THE NEXT STAGE.

i understand they dont really want traders to pass in quick time but if a trade is going our way and running into profit we wont just close it because ftmo want to see how consistent we are ?

however besides that FTMO is a great platform to get funding with less capital if you can prove you can profit constantly and the possibilities are endless. you can make good money from this and the fact that we get an opportuinty to do so is lovely.

GOOD LUCK !

Weston Super Mare, United Kingdom,
Jun 12, 2020,

So glad I found this company!

F.T.M.O has been the best trading decision that I have ever made. It took me a few attempts at the challenge before passing but that was my fault as I simply was not ready and made stupid mistakes. Mostly money management and trying to rush and complete it too quickly.

I have been funded with them just over a month now and I received my first profit split and my challenge fee two days ago. Their customer service is nothing short of excellent which gives me massive peace of mind!

I will be doing two more challenges very soon and then I plan to combine all of them into one account.

Devon, United Kingdom,
Jun 11, 2020,

Great oppotunity for people with trading skill but low capital

So I've had my first withdrawal which came through very fast and the team contacted me very professionally explaining how to proceed with the invoice etc.
Great company couldn't recommend for a young trader like myself 20 years old taking home $6,700.
Amazing working towards a $300k account

New Hampshire, USA,
Jun 10, 2020,

Serious Problem - Unrealistic Expectations

There is a really serious problem with this company's requirements to graduate past the initial funded account size. A 34.5% annualized return rate (in 10% four month intervals) is required to move up from the initial 100k to a 175k account in the first year. Don't believe me? Here is their wording taken directly from https://ftmo.com/en/scaling-plan/

"Capital increments on the FTMO account take place in four-month cycles. For a capital increase, the trader has to gain at least 10 added percent points in four consecutive months (i.e., the average of at least 2.5% gain per month)."

This is BAD for two reasons:
1. It is difficult for conservative traders with minimal drawdown to increase their funding. These are the traders most wanted by hedge funds, so it begs the question of what FTMO's goals and motivations might be.
2. It forces traders to "take shots" at increasing their funding, and this may force traders to deviate from their optimal money management strategies.

My advice to improve your advancement/scaling model:
Reward traders for consistency over bi-annual or annual periods. You can still keep the 4-month increase model, but if you have traders who consistently bring in 15-20% year after year who are staying at the initial 100k, they will be gone like the wind. You are ensuring that you lose some of your best traders. But then again, maybe your business model does not rely on profitable trader retention.

Maryland, USA,
Jun 3, 2020,

Trustworthy and Consistent

FTMO is awesome. I first heard about them exactly a year ago and got very excited about the idea of receiving a large amount of capital to trade for very little risk (something all of us beginning traders obviously struggle with). I first ran through their free trial a few times to see if I could pass the challenge. After feeling confident enough, I ran my first challenge this past February for $10,000 of capital. After passing the challenge, I proceeded on to the verification stage (which was much easier), and finally received the live account a little over a month ago. Although I only made a little bit of profit my first month, they were true to their word and gave me my 70% portion. I received the profit in my Skrill account a few days ago and withdrew to my bank account to really make sure it was real. I also received the refund for the challenge fee back on my credit card. So far everything has been exactly as they've advertised and the communication is fast and reliable. I truly only have good things to say about this team. I've felt welcomed and a part of them since day one. I'm currently running a $50,000 aggressive challenge to hopefully secure some more capital and increase my profitability. I'm looking forward to a long and healthy relationship ahead with them.

Ipoh, Malaysia,
Jun 3, 2020,

Trusted company and simple to use website

I joined this company for USD50k challenge on Feb 2020. Ended my first profit split on May 2020. Received my profit split and joining fee's refund in 3 working days. Overall experience was positive. Need to read the trading rules carefully. Would be even better if the leverage is higher than 1:100. A good company for those who wish to be fulltime trader. Thanks to CEO Otakar who keep in touch with me.

Oslo, Norway,
Jun 2, 2020,

100% legit business

I am a professional forex trader with my own company. I looked into prop trading and decided to give FTMO a try. I liked the terms and the fact that they don't limit their traders and have very few restrictions.

I have now traded with them on a funded account for a month. Profit split and challenge fees were paid to my bank account in less than 48 hours.
No issues, great customer service.

They are 100% trustworthy.

Bangkok, Thailand,
Jun 2, 2020,

I received refund and 2 months of profit split.

This company is legit. I have been trading as a funded trader for FTMO for 2 months now. I received 2 payout in a row thanks to FTMO !!

Jun 1, 2020,

FTMO is 100% legit

I did a complete journey of funding and withdrawal on my YouTube Account. This is legit I got $6k+ on my first withdrawal this is 100% legit

Zurich, Switzerland,
May 30, 2020,

Very good company for prop trading

I went through the challenge and verification of FTMO with success. FTMO funded my account as promised on the website. The customer service is excellent. They are very polite and fast. My profit share was paid immediately via skrill. I decided to invest the fee into another challenge. All in all I think that FTMO is the best prop firm for retail traders in the industry. They are sincere and want you to be successful.

Oleksandr,
Warsaw, Poland,
May 30, 2020,

My journey with FTMO

Hi guys, I want to share with you my journey with FTMO.
First to say it wasn't easy for me and it took me little bit more than one year (4 challenges to try) to get funded account.
I have started in November 2018 with 40k EUR challenge account and failed it.
Then I took another one challenge in January 2019 (50k USD this time) and failed it as well.
Then I took a pause till the April 2019. This time I took 50K USD challenge and passed it! WOW :) But I have failed the verification :(
Then another one pause till January 2020 where I took one more challenge.
100k USD this tame. And here we go, I passed it. This time I couldn't afford to fail Verification. Here we go again, I passed it. :)
Less than one week for sign the contract and account configuration and finally I become FTMO funded trader in February 2020.
I've made 7% of profit first month,received my first profit split and challenge fee refund as well. I took 2 business days for withdrawal with

Bank transfer.
My second month with funded account wasn't so lucky. I finished with drawdown at the day of my profit split. But I was rewarded on my third month. Next month I am going to get additional 25k on my trading account due to scaling plan.

Now matter how long would it take you to get to your target. You will be rewarded at the end.

Novenber 2018 Challange https://ftmo.com/en/metrix/1123055066/?sharer=54a403d48
January 2019 Challange https://ftmo.com/en/metrix/1123066838/?sharer=3df538154
April 2019 Challenge https://ftmo.com/en/metrix/22505189/?sharer=2d5512ec4
May 2019 Verificarion https://ftmo.com/en/metrix/22506643/?sharer=b4830346c
January 2020 Challenge https://ftmo.com/en/metrix/11176958/?sharer=952319b64
January 2020 Verification https://ftmo.com/en/metrix/11184728/?sharer=f78789164
Febfuary 2020 Funded account https://ftmo.com/en/metrix/11191356/?sharer=e3b6728d2
Myfxbook reccord of 100k funded account:

Albert,
May 28, 2020,

First Profit Received

I am new to FTMO so when I am to receive my first profit share, I was skeptic like everyone else. So as soon as I sent my invoice they replied promptly saying they will be sending my share profits and will refund my fee for the challenge. 3 days later, I got my refund and my profits. So for those of you who are still skeptical, this company is legit and is great!

Limassol, Cyprus,
May 28, 2020,

Best decision I could ever made to go with FTMO !

In my opinion one of the best conditions for trader in the world of prop firms. Objectives are very doable, and just the fact they are giving you your one time payment for challange back with first WD indicate they are solid, not mention very lucrative profit splits 70% to your pocket makes reall different. With every step I've been informed, every kind of situation has been dealt with in no time plus stuff being very professional and polite too. I received money very fast and with no problems at all. Couldn't be happier being a part of FTMO trading journey. No doubts they love what they do, with passion and fair play. Well done!

New Mexico, USA,
May 24, 2020,

Amazing professional company!

After successfully completing the Trading Objectives in the Challenge and Verification steps I can say my overall experience with FTMO has been beyond positive, the customer service is extremely helpful and responsive they answer any questions you have. I can't thank the FTMO team and Mr. Otakar enough for this opportunity I have received my first profit split and the refund for starting the challenge after sending in the invoice on my profit split day it was taken care of in a timely manner and I revived my 70% within 2-3 business days as well as the refund.

I would highly recommend FTMO to anyone looking for that jump start in their trading career who don't have the capital to begin with.
Dean,
Perth, Australia,
May 21, 2020,

FTMO

I have recently completed my first month trading with FTMO. After passing the challenge and verification stage, I received my profit split and also my fee from the challenge was refunded.

NW, United Kingdom,
May 21, 2020,

Very happy with the process, and have received my first profit split and re

Very happy with the process, and have received my first profit split and refund. Look forward to adding more accounts with them and trading for them for a long time :-)

Scotland, United Kingdom,
May 20, 2020,

Highly Recommended

I just received my first profit split as well as the refund for the challenge fee. I really cannot fault FTMO. My experience has been nothing by positive with them. The support was fantastic throughout the challenge and verification. In my opinion there is no better place to go to if you can trade (and can prove it). One of the biggest difficulties in trading is undercapitalisation and FTMO solves that problem.

May 20, 2020,

FTMO are the best prop firm around!

If anyone reading this is skeptical about FTMO, don’t be. I can honestly say that they are the best prop firm i’ve come across and thats coming from someone who has had experience with other firms. I received my profit split on the same day that I sent them my invoice and received my refunded challenge fee a day later!
The risk management objectives that they outline are more than fair and the fact your cut is 70% in favour of the trader just shows how much they value the trader over themselves!
Can’t recommend them enough!

D'Angelo Collins,
Indiana, USA,
May 18, 2020,

FTMO is legit!

I have a 300k account with FTMO and I can say they are legit. This is the best opportunity for a retail trader to become successful in the financial markets. Everything including the profit split to challenge fees were reimbursed. If you are skeptical, the only way to find out is to try. You're willing to risk thousands in the real markets, why not risk with FTMO to find out yourself? I did and it worked out perfect. Good luck.