FTMO Review

Prop Firm

Updated: Sep 25, 2021 · FTMO.com  · Is this your company?

FTMO invites traders to participate in FTMO challenge, pass FTMO verification and then remotely trade their account. Please read reviews below and share your experience if are live FTMO trader.

FTMO

Contact: support@ftmo.com, +44 2033222983

Join live discussion of FTMO.com on our forum

FTMO.com profile provided by FTMO support, Jun 13, 2018

Bucharest, Romania,
Nov 21, 2019,

FTMO Great opportunity for forex, commodity, index traders

I have tried FTMO funded program and pass the challenge, now almost finalised the verification step, till now is my favourite company for a trading funded account. FTMO gives very good risk parameters allowing you a 1:1 maximum drawdown/profit target. I appreciate the rules they have in the funding process, especially the fact that I can hold overnight positions and I can profit on a longer horizon to capture the volatility. I think this is a good opportunity as you can stack the odds in your favour, using a longer timeframe not only day trading, thus allowing you a chance to make money. Also a great thing is that they allow traders to have multiple funded accounts, maximum 3 accounts of 100.000 USD per trader per strategy. They let you choose from 11 brokers and trade any instrument the broker provide, forex, commodities, equities at index level, cryptos, etc. The client support from the Czech Company was great. I totally recommend!
Phillipines, Philippines,
Jul 20, 2021,

Best trading firm

FTMO is a very good firm. profit split transactions are okay. Their support are always available. i really love this firm. They help so many trader to earn more for less risk. If anyone planning to be in a this company, trust me this company is awesome.

James,
Uk, United Kingdom,
Nov 8, 2019,

Excellent so far

I have just completed the challenge and verification stages and so far FTMO have been a great company to deal with. Very professional and as the challenge and verification stages progressed they have been in contact with me offering encouragement and assistance. The online tools are excellent, a lot of material for traders to review. I can’t comment on the live account yet or withdrawals but I have no doubt with will be as smooth as the challenge and verification stages.

Monção, Portugal,
Jul 9, 2019,

Exceeded my expectations

Customer attention fantastic. They are always available to answer any doubts, fast, either by email by chat. All the information available in their website match with the reality. I have just finished the challenge and now I'm in the verification. If all run as expect in August I'll be your Trader.

Saint-jean-en-royans, France,
May 11, 2020,

FTMO Metrics stopped for daily loss while i was in profit

I recently paid an FTMO challenge for 50k for about 340 euros.

I was on a euro usd hedged trade while overall the long was more than short; when i took profit i went to check the metrics and they marked that i violated a daily loss rule. which by all means was deeply wrong , even taken into account the hedged short. I know they talk about the floating loss however I even willingly took the unplanned and floating loss (which it was not planned to be so but i wanted to prove my point of not being in loss of 2500 USD) to show and prove to their team that overall that equity and balance were still viable. So I took it and overall I was at 48250,
The support responded one day later, and they were not helpful at all. No retest, nothing , very cold message that you could see were some copy paste of what they generally send.
I feel cheated on, as my decision to apply with them was due to the many post i read on this website;
My experience is not similar to what I read here
Istanbul, Turkey,
Jul 21, 2021,

The worst execution of trades

I am currently on challenge #2090849704 in FTMO, I also work with multiple brokers on live accounts, I open the exact same trades on all my accounts (FTMO, and other brokers)
in the past couple of weeks, I opened trade on NZDUSD there was news occurring in the middle of the day, my orders in FTMO are executed with almost 12 pips slippage which ruined my risk management while the exact same order in three other brokers was executed with only 9 ticks slippage, this happened two times in two separate trades when I talked to support they said the prices are directly from the liquidity provider and they have nothing to do with it.
WHEN THIS HAPPENED ONLY IN FTMO AND THREE DIFFERENT BROKERS EXECUTING THE EXACT SAME TRADE CORRECTLY THEN THIS IS PURE MANIPULATION.

Also one of the trades didn't hit the TP only in FTMO while it hits the TP in all other brokers.

I don't know what is the problem, but the FTMO support is not helpful and not admitting that they have a serious problem, they are acting as a pure scam company with their extreme slippage.

I do not recommend FTMO unless they change their execution speed and their source of prices, as for now they are extremely bad and will ruin your trades and your psychology while working, eventually, this will guide you to lose the challenge and pay them again lol.
The NZDUSD orders are executed correctly even in brokers known as they are market makers but FTMO is manipulating the execution in a very bad way.

In the end, I started to open random trades, they make me feel insecure and they ruined my psychology while I'm afraid to lose the $410 I've paid to the challenge but they make me lose the challenge eventually.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM, THEY HAVE THE WORST EXECUTION EVER
india, India,
May 10, 2021,

Dont Waste your hard earned money

ftmo suspended my account because I publish one video on my youtube channel, In that Video I told people how they are working and after that ftmo banned my account and ask me to remove that video. They Ban my account after 9 months when I publish video, so dont thing that if ftmo ban or suspend your account so you can go to any regulation because it's not regulated. They were threatening me that they will go to court if I'll not remove my video. I don't care about account. I just passed their challenge because I wanted to review this broker but it's pure scam so dont waste your hard earn money and stay away from it.

smeraldo,
italia, Italy,
Mar 13, 2021,

DISCLAIMER ^
IT IS NO LONGER A SERIOUS COMPANY.
NOW THEY SCAM.
ATTENTION.

this is ftmo
for those who do not know it

I took the money
1) they will not respond to emails.
2) they will not reply via chat
3) manage to block the ip address of your network card attention
4) they won't want to give you your money back
5) they will always pretend nothing has happened and will say the opposite of reality
6) they will block the platform
7) they will take away your consumer right, you sign after a contract not before the challenge
8) they always hope to get away with it, cheat and close any kind of conversation
9)this company is a funny joke.
10)if you write to the Bank of the Czech Republic trade supervisory body. They will tell you. It is not legitimate.
11)servers are very slow, your orders may hang
12)support assistance is lockout scheme to avoid any communication about problems
13)you actually trade in leverage of 1000 or more with an account of up to $ 2000 with an equity fund.
14)very controlled and monitored reviews to deceive the mass of traders
15)they do not sign any legal documents
any artfully created malfunction you have lost your money
16)I was able to understand the broker thanks to their carelessness, the license to trade has been revoked several times
17)chat support can lie to you multiple times! tell you something that is not true, wrong information
18)when you enter their site, there are some security errors with some browsers! they could also open backdoors.
if you have to visit the site enter it with a firewall
if you are not a network technician I recommend that you visit their site
19)there are not indifferent cyclical disconnections of servers. this is going to derail any experienced trader.
20)it is not suitable for high frequency, slow, cumbersome. instruments not suitable for intraday scalping
21)they could lie to you about many things, tell you one thing and do another so absolutely not to be taken into consideration.
22)people who are completely cold, shy, disdainful of everything except the money they collect in a game that is certainly not regulated and they do everything as they please without anyone controlling them.
23)ftmo is a leading chicken research prop house in the financial world. ... all the tools in place of the company are conditions for making the trader lose. "even a simple update of their system, you will have no email communication" and it will stop everything. lose your money.
24)slipage isnt a rare thing let me tell you this
25)youtube, facebook, instagram, twitter mount this company thanks to influencers, but the reality is quite different
26)Many times their commission and profit counts are wrong.
27)SCAM, not regulated and they dont pay your profit be aware (verificato)
28)FTMO can change the results of your account ...
29)FTMO is bad company and the rules they have set are all manipulated to fail
30)Account Number which was Scammed by FTMO.
31)This is on youtube an interview with their CEO (who seems very immature).
32)Dishonest and unethical
a person who is waiting for my money to be refunded (486 euros for 2 months) writes you

Toronto, Canada,
May 7, 2020,

Horrible Service

So quick story, I have never traded an MT4 platform in my life. I am a futures trader for the last 15 years part-time. Do to the COVID 19 I have lost my job and decided to try out a funded account. I started a Trial account at FTMO to practice for one day and that evening opened a 25,000 Challenge. The next morning I wanted to practice with placing stops and limit orders on the Trail account but I was logged into the Challenge account by accident. Please remember I had no prior experience with MT4. I place 8 to 10 random trades all at the same time just to practice moving stops and limits and taking partial orders off etc... I did not think twice about this because I assumed it was a trial account. I practiced for about 20 mins and then left all the trades open and went to trade my live futures account not even thinking about it. My plan was to start the challenge the following day. Later that day I found out that I had not been in the Trial account but I had been in my Challenge account and the trades violated the challenge rules. So I wrote the company explaining the mistake and they rudely refused to make an exception for me. It was literally the first day of the Challenge and only an idiot would place 8 random 1 lot orders on the same instrument at the same moment it was clearly practice.
Leiden, Netherlands,
Jul 23, 2019,

Article discount

is this the reason i only see positive reviews ?

"Article discount
Become an inspiration for other traders and be part of FTMO. Help us to create an interesting content about trading and get a discount for the Challenge! Anyone who writes an article will be rewarded with a 5% discount for the Challenge of any size. For more information click here."

Jul 22, 2019 - 1 Star Making 10 % in one month is a absurd demand.
What are you gonna do when markets are not moving ?
There business model is easy take the fee and make money.
When they have your money you won't hear from them anymore.
Only Gamblers are true the first round they are not interested in good traders,they just want your sign up fee.
Tried it several times but i am no gambler so no change to succeed.
Reply by FTMO support submitted Jul 25, 2019:
Hello Signals, thanks for your opinion. Let us just give you facts that speak for itself as you have posted some false accusations. 10% on profit target is required only in the first stage of the evaluation process. In the Verification, you only have a 5% target and once you are funded, there is no profit target at all. The first stage requirement of 10% is not absurd at all, as it is in balance with the loss we allow you to take. We allow traders to lose 10% so we aim 10% on target, it's a logical ratio of 1:1 and no investor in the world will allow you to lose more than what they expect/target. To answer another question you posted, when markets are not moving, we give a new free account every time trader respects the rules. This situation is clearly described here: https://ftmo.com/en/faq/if-i-fail-do-i-get-a-second-chance/
You stated that traders don't hear from us after they pay the fee. That is absolutely false statement. Our customer support is outstanding and we are available through multiple channels. You can see the reviews of many happy traders below in this thread. If there is anything that troubles you or anything else you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact us at support@ftmo.com or any other contact options we offer.