TradeStation.com Review

Updated: Aug 17, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

TradeStation is a stock broker. Trade Station offers online trading through mobile app. TradeStation.com offers,stocks, ETFs, options and futures for your personal investment and trading options.

TradeStation.com
October 2017:  The FPA is informed that TradeStation no longer offers forex.  The company now allows clients to trade stocks, options, and futures.

Join live discussion of TradeStation.com on our forum

Eric,
Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2015,

I love their charts and platform. However I have had problems with their trade fills, ghosts orders and execution on several instances. I started taking screenshots of all of my orders because of this and found it was an issue on their side not mine. The trade desk was anything but helpful. They basically had a "don't care" attitude.

I've filed complaints with the NFS but nothing is ever resolved. It is best to just keep your money elsewhere.

Joy,
Northern California, USA,
Jun 12, 2015,

Been with Tradestation since mid-April 2015
-------------------------------------------------

Simulation Platform
- Good, but due to network issues, crashes frequently

Live Platform
- Ease of use - Good

Network
- crashes increasing; occurs multiple times a day O

Order Execution

- Indicators - Good
- ShowMe - Good
- PaintBars - Fair - not enough selection
- Strategy - Good
- Strategy- Automated - Poor- automated strategies do not execute reliably, unable to rely on them

Platform Education
- Good - however, some speakers sometimes brush over key details related to platform usage; seem to assume that all viewers are intermediate to advanced traders, obviously not true

Summary
- Fair - Issues with network crashes, order & strategy execution, slippage and forex spreads make the utilization of their service risky and can cause under-performance of trades. Good charts.

I'm writing this right now (10:14 am PST, Friday, June 12, 2015) because the network is down... again!

pratap dange,
May 29, 2014,

I have had a situation where I was contacted by Tradestation sales team when I checked out their demo version. When I said I was not interested in opening the account with them for certain reasons, the sales person - Bruce Brotin was actually abusive ! Had to take it up the matter with FIRNA.

Irvino81,
miami, USA,
Dec 28, 2013,

At first I really liked the TS experience, they had everything. Once I started trading live with real money everything went to hell. Stop hunting, manipulation, ghost orders that get change without you knowing it and a new word I learn recently trading the EURUSD requoting. Good luck with these people specially Anthony and John JaleeChen. Everytime something messed up happens they are involved I dont know why?

Mike,
Boca Raton, USA,
Mar 22, 2013,

Charts are good, demo platform is adequate, however frequently crashes, live platform is BAD. Execution even at times of extremely high liquidity on major FOREX pairs is terrible. Slippage is high, spreads are excessive. High risk, poor return. Why would you go with these guys? For pretty charts......

Mike,
Dec 18, 2012,

I have been trading with Tradestation before they traded Forex, once they went to Forex I moved an account over and opened a Forex account. there used to be a commission when they used gain capital to fill trades, but now there is no omissions, there charts are great and I am profitable month after month not only do I trade my personal account but I also manage accounts for others and use Tradestation to do so. Customer support has always been great.

Frank,
Chicago, USA,
Oct 25, 2012,

I couldn’t imagine a worse experience with Customer Service. They talk down to all of their customers.
They treat this place like a Casino.
Please first try any other Broker.

Tradestation over charged me and then refused to reverse the charges. Further, they refused to send me receipts when requested or confirmation emails. So, they can pretty much do whatever they want once they have your money.

SDTrader,
Jul 16, 2012,

The absolute worst! My experience was a few years ago. It took me longer to get my money back than I used them. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I used the 'free' month- which became only free if you placed enough trades (never mind no demo to actually learn the platform). Requested a refund for the balance in my account. Said balance changed after I submitted my request making the numbers not match- no contacting me, just no action because they did not match (close and forward balance was not an option). Called them- will send it right away. Waited. Called-even the person could see how screwed up they had been.... 'Will close, and send overnight-no fee.' No check either. Eventually got my check- REGULAR mail with overnight fees deducted! OMG. A few weeks later I got the overnight fees. I may be leaving IBFX because of recent new association.

James Tuong,
Los altos, USA,
Jun 10, 2012,

Very terrible, huge spread. It was 41 pips spread on AUDJPY during a news announcement. FXCM and Dukascopy only had about 5 pips spread at exactly the same time. Tradestation should go to hell.

EdmundJ,
Mar 9, 2012,

Having a horrible experience with Tradestation. Their strategy conveniently stopped working when I was away from my PC. Missing 2 key profitable trades, and keeping me in a huge losing one that should have been exited. When I asked about this, they gave me lecture on not leaving my computer unattended and the risks of trading Forex. There was no disruption on my end, no power failure...nothing...strategy just stopped. I sent screenshots, logs and everything to customer support, a week later nothing.