TradeStation.com Review

Updated: Aug 17, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

TradeStation is a stock broker. Trade Station offers online trading through mobile app. TradeStation.com offers,stocks, ETFs, options and futures for your personal investment and trading options.

TradeStation.com
October 2017:  The FPA is informed that TradeStation no longer offers forex.  The company now allows clients to trade stocks, options, and futures.

Join live discussion of TradeStation.com on our forum

Brian,
Australia,
Nov 15, 2007,

I have recently opened an account with tradestation and although the charting software is taking me a little time to get to grips with its potential looks awesome. I almost cancelled my account because it appeared that i wasn't able to trade mini contracts. However when i put this to tradestation they said that i could trade minis and to give them 24-48 hrs to set it up for me. It seems that unless you state that you want mini contracts from the beginning the charts are defaulted to full size contracts only. The spreads are also very competitive and means that i can trade of the smaller timeframes without pip spreads taking to much of a chunk out of my profits. I offer no ratings yet until i have some live trading under my belt after which i will return and offer an updated opinion.

shivas,
Cape Cod,
Nov 6, 2007,

I use them for index futures and am pleased with the platform, service has never been great, but I rarely need any, looking for a Forex broker because I refuse to trade through Gain.

bigeasytrader,
Louisiana,
Oct 2, 2007,

i just started using TS it is extreemly flexible and execution is
great, Also has excellent technical tools built in. Order placement is so flexible takes a while to get used to all options.

thethinman4,
Florida,
Sep 21, 2007,

I'm considering using this broker for FX, but wanted to point out that Gain Capital is still the counterparty to all trades. This disclaimer is at the bottom of the "What's new in TradeStation 8.3" page:
"GAIN Capital Group, Inc. acts as the counterparty for each forex transaction and as a liquidity provider to clients using its access to the inter-bank market. In doing so, GAIN Capital Group, Inc. assumes the risk associated with each transaction. A portion of GAIN Capital Group, Inc.’s profitability may be the difference between the bid and the offer provided to the client, as well as GAIN Capital Group, Inc.’s ability to offset any risk transferred to GAIN Capital Group, Inc. by clients."

4xTrader2,
Texas,
Aug 27, 2007,

I have been using TradeStation trading platform for the last 5 years for equities and have found the application solid, good performing, and easily programmable for indicators and strategies. The company is publicly traded and has been excellent to deal with.
They previously used to set up FX accounts for trading through Gain Capital (they still may) but with release 8.3 they began allowing trading direct with their platform. They do not have a dealing desk and your orders go straight to market.

I have traded FX with them during the Gain Capital years (less than satisfactory) and now for the last few months using their platform. I couldn't ask for a better platform. I have several accounts with them (IRA, equities, futures, FX) and can watch and trade on all of them. You can place trades between the bid and ask and you are charged a commission instead of the pip spread (about 5 bucks for USD/JPY). They do not deal in mini contracts on their platform. I do not have any complaints with them and find they have been excellent to deal with. Also, no lag in the market during volatility.

No, I am not their planted schill...I trade with my own money, and have used several other FX platforms including RFXT, MBTrading, ACM, FFDD, and GFT. I haven't gotten as good of service from any of the other providers.

Mindzio,
Lithuania,
Aug 22, 2007,

I was traded stocks using this platform for 2.5 years. Orders execution very fast, no latency or delay, a lot of possibilities: indicators, strategies, news. I'm very happy with Tradestation and last month I was opened second account to trade futures. Highly recommend!!

TS Trader,
TX,
Aug 13, 2007,

I use TS for my online commodity trading and I believe it to be great. I have not traded forex with them nor anyone else as I am new to it. However, with their 8.3 version I will start trading. If it is as good as their present platform it too should be great.

Ed,
Wilmington DE,
Sep 30, 2006,

They would not let me demo (practice) their demo acct. When I went live I made a mistake and couldn't get out of the trade. When I called the trading desk they said I was too inexperienced to trade with them so they closed my account. These folks are just rude. Why would I want to do business with them