TradeStation.com Review

Updated: Oct 23, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

TradeStation is a stock broker. Trade Station offers online trading through mobile app. TradeStation.com offers,stocks, ETFs, options and futures for your personal investment and trading options.

TradeStation.com
October 2017:  The FPA is informed that TradeStation no longer offers forex.  The company now allows clients to trade stocks, options, and futures.

Exchanges: NYSE, Nasdaq
Minimum to Open Live: $2,000
Established: 1982
Address: 8050 SW 10TH STREET SUITE 2000 PLANTATION, FL 33324, United States
Contact: Sales@TradeStation.com, 800.770.4049
Regulators: FINRA #, SEC #8-48711, SIPC #
Trading Commission: $0.005 per share
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House), Check
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House)

Join live discussion of TradeStation.com on our forum

Tim,
Mobile, USA,
Jun 23, 2016,

Tim again, unfortunately I have encountered additional problems using Trade Station Web platform. I was unable to submit a double diagonal SPX spread order. It was also confirmed that the web portal does not allow closing of spread orders as one order. To close a spread order thru the web you will have to submit each side of the spread separately. These type of orders are standard orders and should be part of any online trading system.

2016-06-06 2Star As a new user I have found setting up frustrating. I have spent over 4.5 hours to just to try and setup my screens. They have a complicated setup in which you have to setup many screens if your also trading options. I have found that I cannot relie on the documentation as many of the parts that I tried do not follow the actual screens. On the positive side I have found the telephone service have very courteous. However you many have to call several area depending on what you want to do.

Len Pitts,
Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2017,

Customer Care is Very Lacking

Getting set up took longer than needed and they aren't very helpful to a new person trying to understand the nuances of their platform. It's not a bad trading platform once you understand it though.
My issues are with the poor job they do allowing someone to manage the funds in the acct. You can't set up beneficiaries online and have to use snail mail to do that. After sending in the requested forms for both a Futures and Equity account, I received a confirmation letter recognizing the change to the Equity account but nothing about the Futures. I found out later they don't allow it for a Futures account, but they never let me know that. They just let it die with no response at all. That's poor.
Then when I decided to move most of my futures cash onto the equity side, the website seemed to allow it but logging in the next day I saw noting moved, in fact half of the equity money was in the futures acct. WTF?!?
A good trading platform is one thing, but you can't separate it from how a customers money is managed. They told me they'd send me my cash via postal service rather than allow me to transfer it to the equity side and electronically move it to another broker. That's 1980's style money mgmt and just pisspoor.

nj, USA,
Aug 17, 2018,

Using trade station has been a horrible experience. Their platform is slow, glitchy and crashes constantly. It seems to have a mind of it's own constantly moving around lines and drawings you have put on your chart. It is slow, gives terrible order execution and crashes constantly. It is a great feeling to have your platform completely freeze anytime there is a spike in order activity. Do yourself a favor and take your business somewhere else.

Australia,
Sep 5, 2018,

tradestation suck

i hate tradestation. they dicked me around at every turn. their rules are pedantic. their service lousy. they force me to phone at some bizarre time of day by refusing to answer anything by email, and then i wait for 20 minutes paying to call the USA from australia and eventually hang up in disgust. If they ever process my funds withdrawal i will gladly give them the middle digit and wipe my hands of the bastards. oh, and they froze my account because i complained about them exercising a short option they told me they would close just before market close on the expiry date. Then they valued it at the strikes not the real prices i.e they f***ed up then ripped me off. run away as fast as you can!

Mar 4, 2019,

No service and no refund

Signed up for tradestation analytics could not download the software and they have taken multiple payments from my account. Now refusing to answer emails regarding a refund.

uk, United Kingdom,
Apr 9, 2019,

Avoid

Tradestaion have taken another payment from my bank despite a non exsistant service and confirming the subscription was cancelled. Avoid like the plague #tradestation #scam

steve,
new jersey, USA,
Mar 21, 2020,

trash, platform is completely unreliable

This platform will freeze up and crash on you for no reason with absolute no warning at all. I just love doing all my charting just to have the system lock up and lose all my work. And to top it off the system doesnt even provide an auto save function, this is pathetic. Gaming systems from the eighties can have auto save but not a trading platform. And dont blame my computer, I have used 4 all highly recomended, one a high cost purpose built trading platform. The issues come directly from tradestion. Get your dam act togethore.

mitch,
california, USA,
Aug 15, 2020,

finding many software glitches

tech support admits a 'tcache' file corrupts the trade manager analysis results. they cannot fix the issue. however, i have screen shots and trade results that show the tcache file corrupts real time on screen price entry and profit and loss while you are trading. false results in real time. trade station provides real time data in several ways: 'the matrix' level 2 type display, your order ticket, your order list, the trade manager analysis, and you can trade on the cloud via tradestation's online webtrade. the false data is displayed on all of these EXCEPT the order list, which is uncorrupted and correct. i called tech support on it. the tech immediately knew what was causing it and gave me instructions on how to delete the tcache file. however, it recreates a new one daily. the tech told me he reported the problem to his boss in 2017. his boss told him: "son, know your place on the chessboard". it is evidently something that is making them money by stealing from unwitting clients or something that costs too much to fix. gee, i wonder which one it might be.