TradeStation.com Review

Updated: Oct 23, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

TradeStation is a stock broker. Trade Station offers online trading through mobile app. TradeStation.com offers,stocks, ETFs, options and futures for your personal investment and trading options.

TradeStation.com
October 2017:  The FPA is informed that TradeStation no longer offers forex.  The company now allows clients to trade stocks, options, and futures.

Exchanges: NYSE, Nasdaq
Minimum to Open Live: $2,000
Established: 1982
Address: 8050 SW 10TH STREET SUITE 2000 PLANTATION, FL 33324, United States
Contact: Sales@TradeStation.com, 800.770.4049
Regulators: FINRA #, SEC #8-48711, SIPC #
Trading Commission: $0.005 per share
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House), Check
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, ACH (Automated Clearing House)

Join live discussion of TradeStation.com on our forum

mitch,
california, USA,
Aug 15, 2020,

finding many software glitches

tech support admits a 'tcache' file corrupts the trade manager analysis results. they cannot fix the issue. however, i have screen shots and trade results that show the tcache file corrupts real time on screen price entry and profit and loss while you are trading. false results in real time. trade station provides real time data in several ways: 'the matrix' level 2 type display, your order ticket, your order list, the trade manager analysis, and you can trade on the cloud via tradestation's online webtrade. the false data is displayed on all of these EXCEPT the order list, which is uncorrupted and correct. i called tech support on it. the tech immediately knew what was causing it and gave me instructions on how to delete the tcache file. however, it recreates a new one daily. the tech told me he reported the problem to his boss in 2017. his boss told him: "son, know your place on the chessboard". it is evidently something that is making them money by stealing from unwitting clients or something that costs too much to fix. gee, i wonder which one it might be.

steve,
new jersey, USA,
Mar 21, 2020,

trash, platform is completely unreliable

This platform will freeze up and crash on you for no reason with absolute no warning at all. I just love doing all my charting just to have the system lock up and lose all my work. And to top it off the system doesnt even provide an auto save function, this is pathetic. Gaming systems from the eighties can have auto save but not a trading platform. And dont blame my computer, I have used 4 all highly recomended, one a high cost purpose built trading platform. The issues come directly from tradestion. Get your dam act togethore.

uk, United Kingdom,
Apr 9, 2019,

Avoid

Tradestaion have taken another payment from my bank despite a non exsistant service and confirming the subscription was cancelled. Avoid like the plague #tradestation #scam

Mar 4, 2019,

No service and no refund

Signed up for tradestation analytics could not download the software and they have taken multiple payments from my account. Now refusing to answer emails regarding a refund.

Australia,
Sep 5, 2018,

tradestation suck

i hate tradestation. they dicked me around at every turn. their rules are pedantic. their service lousy. they force me to phone at some bizarre time of day by refusing to answer anything by email, and then i wait for 20 minutes paying to call the USA from australia and eventually hang up in disgust. If they ever process my funds withdrawal i will gladly give them the middle digit and wipe my hands of the bastards. oh, and they froze my account because i complained about them exercising a short option they told me they would close just before market close on the expiry date. Then they valued it at the strikes not the real prices i.e they f***ed up then ripped me off. run away as fast as you can!

nj, USA,
Aug 17, 2018,

Using trade station has been a horrible experience. Their platform is slow, glitchy and crashes constantly. It seems to have a mind of it's own constantly moving around lines and drawings you have put on your chart. It is slow, gives terrible order execution and crashes constantly. It is a great feeling to have your platform completely freeze anytime there is a spike in order activity. Do yourself a favor and take your business somewhere else.

Len Pitts,
Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2017,

Customer Care is Very Lacking

Getting set up took longer than needed and they aren't very helpful to a new person trying to understand the nuances of their platform. It's not a bad trading platform once you understand it though.
My issues are with the poor job they do allowing someone to manage the funds in the acct. You can't set up beneficiaries online and have to use snail mail to do that. After sending in the requested forms for both a Futures and Equity account, I received a confirmation letter recognizing the change to the Equity account but nothing about the Futures. I found out later they don't allow it for a Futures account, but they never let me know that. They just let it die with no response at all. That's poor.
Then when I decided to move most of my futures cash onto the equity side, the website seemed to allow it but logging in the next day I saw noting moved, in fact half of the equity money was in the futures acct. WTF?!?
A good trading platform is one thing, but you can't separate it from how a customers money is managed. They told me they'd send me my cash via postal service rather than allow me to transfer it to the equity side and electronically move it to another broker. That's 1980's style money mgmt and just pisspoor.

Tim,
Mobile, USA,
Jun 23, 2016,

Tim again, unfortunately I have encountered additional problems using Trade Station Web platform. I was unable to submit a double diagonal SPX spread order. It was also confirmed that the web portal does not allow closing of spread orders as one order. To close a spread order thru the web you will have to submit each side of the spread separately. These type of orders are standard orders and should be part of any online trading system.

2016-06-06 2Star As a new user I have found setting up frustrating. I have spent over 4.5 hours to just to try and setup my screens. They have a complicated setup in which you have to setup many screens if your also trading options. I have found that I cannot relie on the documentation as many of the parts that I tried do not follow the actual screens. On the positive side I have found the telephone service have very courteous. However you many have to call several area depending on what you want to do.

JoeSDF,
Louisville, KY, USA,
Jan 25, 2016,

I've been with TS almost since their beginning and while they have had growing pains, they are one of the top US Forex STP/ECN Brokers. Their platform is excellent and well supported. I did have an order execution problem several years ago and it was resolved when they added $9,000.00 USD back to my account. I tried MT4 for awhile but returned to TS.

Dan Mauk,
Benicia, USA,
Jan 15, 2016,

Terrible, frustrating experience with Tradestation. I opened a demo account, deposited 5K to avoid monthly charges.

When I tried to close the account, I was given the run-a-round for several weeks, told I must fill out more funds and wait several more weeks.

I would avoid this service at all costs.

Eric,
Florida, USA,
Jun 25, 2015,

I love their charts and platform. However I have had problems with their trade fills, ghosts orders and execution on several instances. I started taking screenshots of all of my orders because of this and found it was an issue on their side not mine. The trade desk was anything but helpful. They basically had a "don't care" attitude.

I've filed complaints with the NFS but nothing is ever resolved. It is best to just keep your money elsewhere.

Joy,
Northern California, USA,
Jun 12, 2015,

Been with Tradestation since mid-April 2015
-------------------------------------------------

Simulation Platform
- Good, but due to network issues, crashes frequently

Live Platform
- Ease of use - Good

Network
- crashes increasing; occurs multiple times a day O

Order Execution

- Indicators - Good
- ShowMe - Good
- PaintBars - Fair - not enough selection
- Strategy - Good
- Strategy- Automated - Poor- automated strategies do not execute reliably, unable to rely on them

Platform Education
- Good - however, some speakers sometimes brush over key details related to platform usage; seem to assume that all viewers are intermediate to advanced traders, obviously not true

Summary
- Fair - Issues with network crashes, order & strategy execution, slippage and forex spreads make the utilization of their service risky and can cause under-performance of trades. Good charts.

I'm writing this right now (10:14 am PST, Friday, June 12, 2015) because the network is down... again!

pratap dange,
May 29, 2014,

I have had a situation where I was contacted by Tradestation sales team when I checked out their demo version. When I said I was not interested in opening the account with them for certain reasons, the sales person - Bruce Brotin was actually abusive ! Had to take it up the matter with FIRNA.

Irvino81,
miami, USA,
Dec 28, 2013,

At first I really liked the TS experience, they had everything. Once I started trading live with real money everything went to hell. Stop hunting, manipulation, ghost orders that get change without you knowing it and a new word I learn recently trading the EURUSD requoting. Good luck with these people specially Anthony and John JaleeChen. Everytime something messed up happens they are involved I dont know why?

Mike,
Boca Raton, USA,
Mar 22, 2013,

Charts are good, demo platform is adequate, however frequently crashes, live platform is BAD. Execution even at times of extremely high liquidity on major FOREX pairs is terrible. Slippage is high, spreads are excessive. High risk, poor return. Why would you go with these guys? For pretty charts......

Mike,
Dec 18, 2012,

I have been trading with Tradestation before they traded Forex, once they went to Forex I moved an account over and opened a Forex account. there used to be a commission when they used gain capital to fill trades, but now there is no omissions, there charts are great and I am profitable month after month not only do I trade my personal account but I also manage accounts for others and use Tradestation to do so. Customer support has always been great.

Frank,
Chicago, USA,
Oct 25, 2012,

I couldn’t imagine a worse experience with Customer Service. They talk down to all of their customers.
They treat this place like a Casino.
Please first try any other Broker.

Tradestation over charged me and then refused to reverse the charges. Further, they refused to send me receipts when requested or confirmation emails. So, they can pretty much do whatever they want once they have your money.

SDTrader,
Jul 16, 2012,

The absolute worst! My experience was a few years ago. It took me longer to get my money back than I used them. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I used the 'free' month- which became only free if you placed enough trades (never mind no demo to actually learn the platform). Requested a refund for the balance in my account. Said balance changed after I submitted my request making the numbers not match- no contacting me, just no action because they did not match (close and forward balance was not an option). Called them- will send it right away. Waited. Called-even the person could see how screwed up they had been.... 'Will close, and send overnight-no fee.' No check either. Eventually got my check- REGULAR mail with overnight fees deducted! OMG. A few weeks later I got the overnight fees. I may be leaving IBFX because of recent new association.

James Tuong,
Los altos, USA,
Jun 10, 2012,

Very terrible, huge spread. It was 41 pips spread on AUDJPY during a news announcement. FXCM and Dukascopy only had about 5 pips spread at exactly the same time. Tradestation should go to hell.

EdmundJ,
Mar 9, 2012,

Having a horrible experience with Tradestation. Their strategy conveniently stopped working when I was away from my PC. Missing 2 key profitable trades, and keeping me in a huge losing one that should have been exited. When I asked about this, they gave me lecture on not leaving my computer unattended and the risks of trading Forex. There was no disruption on my end, no power failure...nothing...strategy just stopped. I sent screenshots, logs and everything to customer support, a week later nothing.

Peter,
London,
Oct 13, 2011,

Customer service has been good and the accounf was very easy to set up so not sure what all the other reviews are on about. But major problems with the platform constantly crashing. Tech guys tried to help but to no avail. Could be an issue my end with internet provider but have no problems with more basic platforms such as MT4 or java based platforms, so sorry TS, its a thumbs down from me.

Raj,
NYC,
Jun 10, 2011,

TS is fairly shitty at opening account, transferring funds, customer services, etc.
you have to open multiple accounts for each asset class which is worse as you have to do a wire transfer or set up various ACHs. + you have to pays fees on both side of transfer. in addition, everything is done via fax and paper so there is digital trace for you.

data and chart functionality is simliar to every other broker. the worse part is the taxing season as TS does not provide consolidated 1099 you will have to reconcile your trades yourself and manually verfiy the data.

mark,
michigan,
Feb 23, 2011,

service is lacking, try calling in and wait, an office full of salesmen, i do not think any of them have traded themselves, for the fees they charge i would think you could get help on there platform,

Chris,
Jan 26, 2011,

Terrible broker. Very inflexible. Will not improve your profitability. Charting is so-so and way overrated, relying on the "Tradestation" charting platform name before the brand was used as brokerage firm. Their low commissions become illusory.

Tony,
Michigan USA,
May 7, 2010,

Poor platform, slow loading of charts, diconnects from server several times a day during heavy volumn, wide spreads (use gain capital for forex clearing house), adds commision to each trade not to mention the vairable spreads from gain capital. If you plan to trade forex only, go to a broker that uses MT4, which is a free platform, Tradestation charges $100 a month for their platform use.

robert,
missouri,
Apr 23, 2010,

Horrible fills...for example if your selling to close a position, youll see higher prices executing on the time and sales than what you have your limit order set for and yet your order will still not be filled....horrible!!!!

Jim,
Los Angeles,
Mar 3, 2010,

What in hell has Tradestation been doing all these years? Tradestation is inadequate for Forex trading: (1) NO PORTFOLIO ANALYSIS to test multiple strategies and securities into one concise report (2) NO EFFECTIVE SCROLLING or scanning capability to quickly run through currency pair charts (3) TOO AGGRESSIVE size for new traders, Interbank has penny trades for a lot of practice in this impossible market. (4) FEES, FEES, FEES (5) Gain Capital is so far your worst rating nightmare.

natureboy,
KY,
Dec 17, 2009,

stops filled without price actually touching (4 pips off), attempts to cancel orders rejected... not happy with it lately.. they were missing USDJPY data for 6months, for love's sake man

2009-07-30 2 Stars Here lately the yen pairs have been gapped, delayed, or unavailable... The data problem has been going on for over a month....

2009-04-03 5 stars Incredible analysis tools, really. The easy language possibilities are pretty shocking, coming from trading stocks with Schwab and their mediocre platform... strategy testing, even indicator design are possible with tradestation, and overall the TS platform is a wonderful thing.

I've traded futures and forex with them for 6 months with no problems. Getting my money from Gain Capital takes a few days, never the same day...slight bother...but i DO get it.

Also, the execution is fast, and i've never had an issue with slippage. Stop running...well...i guess that happens with any broker, and may be a real part of the data feed. I keep mental stops, so i don't sweat that, and i generally keep 'em wide anyhow.

Coming from my prior experiences, Tradestation is the best. I've only traded with two other brokers.

Chuck,
St Paul,
Sep 18, 2009,

WARNING: I think they may be running stops in Forex. I've had way too many coincidences lately. I seem to do a lot better when I have mental stops and not published stops. Just sayin ....

I've been using the TradeStation platform for years. I originally day traded stocks and lost about 10,000 so I stopped live trading.

After more than a year of never getting a trade strategy that worked on short ticks (5min, 15min) I gave that up. Along came FOREX. I love the ability to create all sorts of strategies and back and forward test them. I had a winning strategy up until the great market crash of 18months ago.

I have since been looking for successful trading strategies and also looking at EA's like FapTurbo and Forex Boomerang. For now I still mostly trade the demo account at TradeStation with occasional forays in the real market.

Overall I'd rate the platform and trade action fairly good. However, my suspicions about them trading against the clients and running stops worries me. Gain Capital actually holds the account... hmmmm, could be old tricks returning.

lenovox61,
houston,tx,
Jan 7, 2009,

yes I agree tradestation is a scam. they always feel they are right, so the best thing to do is give them the prove. for example if ur trade based on 8 am. then show them the trade manager report that your order is filled at that time with order number. Then they will refund ur losses. That's the only way.

short trem trading somtimes freeze especially close or during the holiday.
Thanks for sharing.

mark,
Tampa, FL,
Oct 29, 2008,

Mishandling of Tradestation Account Funds

This situation began on Oct 8, 2008 and remains unresolved.

On the morning of Oct 8 (around 8am), I attempted to short USDJPY but the order was never filled according to the information I had available. There was no open position and no open P/L. Later the same day, around mid-day and later in the evening, I was in Tradestation and still no indication of any open position. My position was flat.

The following morning, Oct 9, 24 hours later, out of nowhere, an open short position now shows up for TWICE THE QUANTITY. At the time, I didn't understand where this came from and called the forex trading desk. I was told Gain Capital was having serious problems the previous morning. I was also told the open position on the USDJPY was entered around 1pm on Oct 8 and it was because of 2 orders. The average entry price for the open position was 99.554 and the open P/L was a loss for over $1,000. I was told to close the position and, of course, my account balance dropped by more than $1,000. The forex trading desk said they couldn't understand what was going on but it was obvious some strange things had happened. I needed to send them an email explaining what I knew so they could look into it and get it fixed. I sent the email.

On Oct 13, Greg, futures trading desk manager, contacted me and said he had looked into this and talked to Gain Capital and arrived at the conclusion that there was definitely a mistake and they were correcting the mistake by putting about $236 back into my account. Why? This was based on the premise that the position I closed on Oct 9 was opened around 8am on Oct 8. He said this was what was told to him by Gain Capital and how they thought it should be handled and he agreed. But this was contrary to all the information that exists about the circumstances. The open P/L and the loss on the account was for more than $1,000 which corresponded to the average entry price of 99.554 and the time the position was opened of around 1pm on Oct 8 and this is what Tradestation shows for the closed position. But Greg refused to recognize any of these contrary facts. He was sticking to the storyline from Gain Capital but he would look into it further even though they were so busy.

We spoke again on Oct 15 but he was so busy he had not had a chance to get back to it but he said he would get to it in a day or two. Well, more than a week later (on Oct 23) and after leaving several messages, I finally heard from Greg but he was sticking to his story (the one from Gain Capital who apparently ends up taking the loss from what I was told earlier). But Greg refuses to acknowledge the same facts others quickly saw. That is that the open position was based on opening a position around 1pm on Oct 8; not based on an entry price from 8am. Greg doesn't want to talk about or listen to anything except his story from Gain Capital. He says he's reversing my loss by refunding $236. But my loss was for more than $1,000. It doesn't matter to Greg because Gain Capital says my loss was only $236 and he's sticking to that story. So how does Greg explain the rest of the money that was taken out of my account (since he insists that the loss was only $236)? He doesn't!! He refuses to talk about it. I asked to speak to someone else about this. He refused to give a name. Is this what Tradestation considers to be customer service? What other types of manipulation takes place on accounts that perhaps goes unrecognized amist the volume of transactions? Others quickly saw and acknowledged the details about the open position. But not Greg. Why is he protecting Gain Capital at the expense of Tradestation clients?

I'm looking into contacting regulatory organizations and if anyone else has suggestions or comments, I would appreciate them.

trader,
Cyprys,
Oct 10, 2008,

have sent them 3 enquiries, 2 via email and 1 via web site form. last one done 2 weeks ago. until now i have not got any reply.
cannot imagine opening an account with brokers who do not bother to answer to you

Steve,
Los Angeles, CA,
Jul 8, 2008,

As stated in other reviews, TradeStation is a great platform for developing and backtesting your systems. However, they exhibit a glaring deficiency when it comes to undertaking walk-forward forex testing. Their simulated forex account facility was introduced in March, 2008, and still does not work properly. Demo account balances are zeroed out at 5pm each night, making it impossible to feel comfortable enough with their brokerage services through Gain to graduate your system to a live account with them. They say they are aware of the problem and they're working on it. Wow! For a software company four months into it, that just doesn't cut the mustard in this deli. It will be far better for you to use their charting platform but trade demo with another broker you're comfortable with. That way you will pay the higher monthly TS subscription rate, worth it i believe, but you don't have to make a leap of faith and go directly from backtesting to live. Add in the considerations discussed in other TS reviews here of doubts about the fills, commissions and dealing desk of the TradeStation/Gain brokerage and you will be a much happier camper demo trading through another broker until you're ready to go live with that broker's platform. Good trades everyone!

Bob W.,
CA,
May 4, 2008,

I have used tradestation for the last 8 months, and have been subjected to EVERY problem mentioned by others, and then some. BAD data feed for forex. Gain runs a dealing desk against the clients, and tradestation also likely partners with them against your trades. You will RARELY see green on your order bar. Check tradestations list of brokers to choose from. Looks like a small telephone book. They will trade against you, and they have the money, and obviously the right contacts,to guarantee that you will loose money. I have 14 years experience trading the stock market, and about 4 years experience trading the futures markets. I know how to build trading systems that work, (at least reasonably well), but have had every system that I tried fail. You can put together the best system in the world using their software, and their broker teams will just annhilate your trades. The only way to come out ahead using tradestation is to buy and hold like a rock for the long haul, (ya better be on the right side tho), but then you will pay the monthly platform fee. I would not reccomend them to anyone for forex trading!!! And very questionable for trading stocks also!!!!

John,
Virginia,
May 1, 2008,

I would not recommend them for short term trading. This issues with GAIN listed in this thread are real. They also use fractional PIPs so you are making an automatic donation for every trade. Having said all that the Trade Station charting and system testing capabilities are excellent and if you are in for longer term trades it is well worth looking at.

John & Peter,
California,
Apr 3, 2008,

We have used TradeStation in our local Trading Group for more than a year. While reasonably satisfied with the software package for most of the time we find their graphics is much inferior to other software and their data feed highly unreliable in peak market conditions. It can cost thousands of dollars to sit in front of a frozen screen not being able to enter another order like a stop or sell order just a few seconds after an order has been placed and the market has taken off in frantic activity. If your order confirmation is not turned on (for fast execution) it can happen that those orders that did not place due to their frozen order server, go in repatedly several minutes later. Naturally you would expect a respone when you sent off the order and when nothing happens you are likely clicking again only to find no reaction. Then all those order will go in whenever their system can cope with the order flow. This specifically has happened three times within 6 months and cost us each time several thousands of USD not even counting the opportunity losses. We can simply not trade reliably in this environment with Tradestation since news releases are becoming more and more important in a volatile market environment. More than the technology however, it is their attitude towards clients when there are problems which is disappointing. They are highly focused on marketing the platform to newcomers but not equally focused on treating customers well. Money wires are often delayed on their side and turn up very late in your account. While costing you serious amounts several times per year you will be agressively spoken to whenever your stops are only a fraction of a tick away from what they decided to be the rule for that day or who you speak with. You will be without notice locked out within seconds to 2 min and spoken to in an aggressive tone as if a criminal by staff that appears overstressed. It does not make business sense since we are talking about zero risk to TradeStation from a client that has paid over $100,000 in fees per annum at absolutely no risk to them, i.e. all of us have never owned them a penny at any time and have always more money in the account than any possible risk to any position. Overall, it might appear cheap and convenient but we recommend to everyone serious about trading to put a bit more homework into finding the best mix of providers (software, data feed, brokers). You will end up with higher monthly expenditures but enjoy better technology and most importantly a partner whose service quality you can trust. This will save you money within less than one year.

John, Peter & the BayTraders

Bill,
Feb 20, 2008,

I have read most of the input with reference to TS. How naive a lot of the people are. Trade Station are THIEVES of the worst kind. They charge a commission plus a spread and stick right to you. They are not competitive with reputable brokers [if there is such an animal] at all.
THE WORST THING I FIND WITH THEM IS HOW THEY M A N I P U L A T E their data feed to you. Trading the S & P 500 emini today they stopped the feed for a move of 11 full points. Approximately 2:00pm Feb 20/08 they stopped the feed again during a fast market of ups and downs of 5 full points. Thieves, thieves thieves = PLEASE do not deal with them. get their charts etc. but DO NOT TRADE with them. I run Dynamic Trader with their signal and that is the only reason I have not told them where to shove it at present. However today is getting extremely close to the straw that breaks the camels' back. I trade currencies also and have witnessed the feed stopped numerous times. Dumb a**es still have the data feeding but their trading platform and charts are frozen. No lies told here. BASTARDS of the worst kind.
STAY CLEAR..

Jason,
New York, NY,
Nov 29, 2007,

They are a den of thieves. Allow to me explain.

(preface - TradeStation as a charting/system development package is fine. I also hear their futures and equities trading is ok too.)

As far as FX trading is concerned, avoid them at all costs. First & foremost, they outsource FX trading to Gain, which utilizes a hybrid dealing desk. "Hybrid" in the sense that the spread is controlled, they are not an ECN. Spreads are tighter than other dealing desks, but not as tight as ECNs. Since they're charging the same commission as other ECNs, the spreads should be competitive. They are NOT competitive.

Now for the real kicker, TradeStation adds 0.5 pip to Gain's spread at all times to all currency pairs (except eur/usd, they add 0.3 pip). You can download the Gain demo and run it simultaneously side-by-side to compare.

**TradeStation has the audacity to steal a pip from their clients per r/t trade.**

This has been confirmed from multiple sources at TradeStation, the extra pip goes to them. For this "service" they have the audacity of charging an ECN commission. What a joke...

Keep in mind Gain's spreads, while tight, do not compare with other retail ECNs (InteractiveBrokers, MBT/EFX, etc). You're effectively paying a commission for a higher spread at Gain, then paying an extra pip to TradeStation!

On top of this, they rob you of any interest on idle funds. Inactive funds receive 0% interest. Absolutely ridiculous...

To reiterate, TradeStation's FX offerings are a joke compared to reputable ECN brokers. The extra pip they take is blatant robbery. 0% interest just adds to the disgrace. Avoid at all costs. Use an ECN broker.

Bob,
Nov 29, 2007,

TradeStation trades forex through GAIN Capital, which as stated below, takes the other side of the trade. Slippage can be over 70 pips and averages over 20 pips per trade per side. If you have an effective automatic trading strategy written in TS' EasyLanguage, you'd do best to find someone else to trade it through.

Their TradeManager export function executes in dollars, not lots, so that can be a problem with some programs like Collective2.

Phil,
Coral Springs, FL,
Nov 23, 2007,

TradeStation is the total package. I have used their platfrom for over 5 years now and trade stocks, options, and forex. Now that they have integrated forex I can trade and track all instruments right from the platfrom. TradeStation is programmable and can be of great assistance in helping watch the market.

Forex is cleared through Gain but I have yet to experience a problem with that. Every broker clears through someone else. The spreads are competitive and the executions are instant.

Years ago customer service wait times were lengthy but over the last year they have addressed this and there are virtually no hold times at all. The trade desk can be a little curt at times but the need to call them is rare.

TradeStation is a professional platform that can be leased for $250/month or $100/month with a small account. If you trade 10 lots or 100 minis in a month the platfrom is free.

Brian,
Australia,
Nov 15, 2007,

I have recently opened an account with tradestation and although the charting software is taking me a little time to get to grips with its potential looks awesome. I almost cancelled my account because it appeared that i wasn't able to trade mini contracts. However when i put this to tradestation they said that i could trade minis and to give them 24-48 hrs to set it up for me. It seems that unless you state that you want mini contracts from the beginning the charts are defaulted to full size contracts only. The spreads are also very competitive and means that i can trade of the smaller timeframes without pip spreads taking to much of a chunk out of my profits. I offer no ratings yet until i have some live trading under my belt after which i will return and offer an updated opinion.

shivas,
Cape Cod,
Nov 6, 2007,

I use them for index futures and am pleased with the platform, service has never been great, but I rarely need any, looking for a Forex broker because I refuse to trade through Gain.

bigeasytrader,
Louisiana,
Oct 2, 2007,

i just started using TS it is extreemly flexible and execution is
great, Also has excellent technical tools built in. Order placement is so flexible takes a while to get used to all options.

thethinman4,
Florida,
Sep 21, 2007,

I'm considering using this broker for FX, but wanted to point out that Gain Capital is still the counterparty to all trades. This disclaimer is at the bottom of the "What's new in TradeStation 8.3" page:
"GAIN Capital Group, Inc. acts as the counterparty for each forex transaction and as a liquidity provider to clients using its access to the inter-bank market. In doing so, GAIN Capital Group, Inc. assumes the risk associated with each transaction. A portion of GAIN Capital Group, Inc.’s profitability may be the difference between the bid and the offer provided to the client, as well as GAIN Capital Group, Inc.’s ability to offset any risk transferred to GAIN Capital Group, Inc. by clients."

4xTrader2,
Texas,
Aug 27, 2007,

I have been using TradeStation trading platform for the last 5 years for equities and have found the application solid, good performing, and easily programmable for indicators and strategies. The company is publicly traded and has been excellent to deal with.
They previously used to set up FX accounts for trading through Gain Capital (they still may) but with release 8.3 they began allowing trading direct with their platform. They do not have a dealing desk and your orders go straight to market.

I have traded FX with them during the Gain Capital years (less than satisfactory) and now for the last few months using their platform. I couldn't ask for a better platform. I have several accounts with them (IRA, equities, futures, FX) and can watch and trade on all of them. You can place trades between the bid and ask and you are charged a commission instead of the pip spread (about 5 bucks for USD/JPY). They do not deal in mini contracts on their platform. I do not have any complaints with them and find they have been excellent to deal with. Also, no lag in the market during volatility.

No, I am not their planted schill...I trade with my own money, and have used several other FX platforms including RFXT, MBTrading, ACM, FFDD, and GFT. I haven't gotten as good of service from any of the other providers.

Mindzio,
Lithuania,
Aug 22, 2007,

I was traded stocks using this platform for 2.5 years. Orders execution very fast, no latency or delay, a lot of possibilities: indicators, strategies, news. I'm very happy with Tradestation and last month I was opened second account to trade futures. Highly recommend!!

TS Trader,
TX,
Aug 13, 2007,

I use TS for my online commodity trading and I believe it to be great. I have not traded forex with them nor anyone else as I am new to it. However, with their 8.3 version I will start trading. If it is as good as their present platform it too should be great.

Ed,
Wilmington DE,
Sep 30, 2006,

They would not let me demo (practice) their demo acct. When I went live I made a mistake and couldn't get out of the trade. When I called the trading desk they said I was too inexperienced to trade with them so they closed my account. These folks are just rude. Why would I want to do business with them