AdvancedMarketsFX.com Review

Macquarie Americas Corp Inc.

Updated: Jul 25, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

AdvancedMarketsFX is a forex broker. Advanced Markets FX offers the MT4 and MT5 forex trading top platform. AdvancedMarketsFX.com offers over 65 forex currency pairs, cfds, commodities, stocks, indices, gold, silver, oil, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for your personal investment and trading options.

AdvancedMarketsFX.com
Formerly known as amifx.com. NFA ID: 0368125

Related websites include AdvancedMarkets.co.uk

Minimum to Open Live: $50,000
Established: 2003
Address: 94 Solaris Avenue, Camana Bay, P.O. Box 1348, GrandCayman, KY1-1108, Cayman Islands
Contact: tradesupport@advancedmarketsfx.com, +1 704-544-9446
Regulators: ASIC #444649, FCA #777739
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, DMAhub, Fortex 5, Fortex 6
CFD: (60+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire

Join live discussion of AdvancedMarketsFX.com on our forum

magoo,
usa,
Jul 19, 2006,

I have been with this broker for aprox 1 month and I have NEVER gotten filled at the price I clicked. I trade news mainly. They claim no dealing desk - then who is giving the requotes 20 pips off market? I traded the CPI this am clicked on 95 and the trade stayed in the order bin for about 90 secs then I got a requote of 65. By that they have a dealing desk and they certainly are not stp. They have misrepresented themselves, wasted my time and I am leaving. This is a scam broker - stay away!

Jay,
Jul 21, 2006,

I have now experienced the 2nd worst broker in this market. (we all know who #1 is FXCM) After making a profit I was put on manual execution the very next day. When I asked them why, the answer....are you ready...... "The bank has to protect their investment." I had to give them at least 1 star for that honest comment...LOL

Dan,
Jul 22, 2006,

I have been with amifx for a few months and have always received excellent executions. I also trade heavily on news. During the past couple of weeks, I had a couple of issues on execution times and my entry stops and trailing stops. When I spoke to customer service they explained to me they had some "issues" in their software and to use caution on using those functions until the problem was corrected. At first, I was skeptical but, they kept in total contact with me, followed with me by phone, and even called me when the software issue was corrected. I doubt you will find that kind of service from some of the others out there. (Trust me I know) Except for their "system problem" I cant complain and their customer service is excellent!!!

Anonymous,
Jan 16, 2007,

try a demo, there u will be safe. Any real money is their's, and you'll see yours dwindle to 0. requotes, lock-ups, won't let u get out when a trade turns on you. even had to shut whole computer down, wouldn't close .then reboot ,which takes a minute or so. then thier's opens slow ,all while the trade went against you. don't take but 1 week to lose your acount. They are good at that. ripping us off.

Jimmy,
Jan 17, 2007,

I use this broker forabout 4-5 months now and can say I have never had a problem worth complaining about. Obviously, as with any broker, news trading can be tricky. Customer service is responsive. I recommend them.

howard,
u.s.a.,
Jun 3, 2007,

i had a very good experience trading with them, the only reason i left was there platform does not all auto-trading, if this was different i would have no problem at all re-opening a account with them. look at there web site, they explicitly state they do not engage in any price manipulation, this is the only forex broker that i know of that does that.

Little Birdie,
Northeast,
Jul 9, 2007,

The NFA has issued serious complaints against two small, undercapitalized firms.

The first is Advanced Markets (Amifx). The NFA says in its complaint, “On June 28, 2007, NFA issued a Complaint charging AMI with cheating, defrauding or deceiving another person or attempting to do so and failure to observe high standards of commercial honor and just and equitable principles of trade. The Complaint also charged AMI with failure to maintain required adjusted net capital; failure to take required charges; failure to collect and maintain required security deposits; failure to file accurate weekly reports; and failure to maintain accurate records.”

What is even more frightening is that Amifx has only $1,020,000 in capital. Could this be ANOTHER UGMFX?

Jason,
Oct 15, 2007,

I've been trading live accounts for about 1.5 yrs. I've been using Advanced Markets for about 6 mo. I have to admit that they are a good, reliable company. while small, I feel that they are very personable and care. Trading GBP/USD and EUR/USD and CAD during volatile times has been surprisingly fast with virtually no requotes. NZD or AUD is a bit tough, though, but that is to be expected from such thin mkts. They claim to totally pass through orders to open market. I believe they really do. Once I felt I had a bad exit on NFP when the market slowed, and they refunded me over a $1000.

Fast-Trader,
Oct 31, 2007,

Absolute c***. Requotes all the time. Pushed to dealing desk. I trade 3 other platforms, get instant fills, and very minimal requotes. If there are requote its for 1-3 pips.. AMI requotes 10 sometimes more depending on the market movement. On 2 seperate trades AMI slipped my stop by 9 pips and then 19 during news while the other 2 platforms had no slippage and were executed on the mark... Where did this money go???...hmmm, I wonder.... My platform mysteriously locks up all the time, cant log back in, and need to shut down and restart. Try contacting the support desk to resolve a problem.... Email is the repsonce. GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET A FAIR SHAKE....

Steve,
Nov 7, 2007,

Managed account is a scam. Lied about how they managed the accoount. They traded the account down 68% in three days!!!!
Do not use them!!!
I had to force them to halt trading.