ActivTrades.com Review

Updated: May 7, 2021 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

ActivTrades are forex brokers. Activ Trades offers the MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, and the ActivTrader proprietary web and mobile top forex platforms. Activtrades.com offers over 45 currency pairs, Indexes, ETFs, as well as Commodities and Shares CFDs for your personal investment and trading options., Activtrades also offers Spread Betting for UK residents.

ActivTrades.com

FSA #434413

Click here to read an FSA Penalty against ActivTrades in March 2011.

Established: 2001
Address: 1 Thomas More Square London, E1W 1YN, United Kingdom
Contact: englishdesk@activtrades.com, +44 (0) 207 6500 567
Regulators: SCB #199667 B, FCA #434413
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, ActivTrader
CFD: (35+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, Ngan Luong, PayPal, Skrill, SOFORT
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of ActivTrades.com on our forum

Pernambuco, Brazil,
May 9, 2019,

Brokerage makes it very difficult to make withdrawals

Brokerage makes it very difficult to make withdrawals, I've been more than 24 hours with a withdrawal processing for neteller, until I lose my patience and cancel it, I made another and it will be 24 hours, besides they do not let me take the whole money using just one method of withdrawal, put too much difficulty,
account 894479
Vitor,
Maia, Portugal,
Feb 27, 2019,

Unpleasant experience

Update on may previous reviews as of 2014-8-23 and 2015-9-23:

Just to express my dissatisfaction concerning a unpleasant and unprofessional demanding related to a withdrawal:
- Some days ago I felt the necessity of suspend my trading activities, due a persistent familar problem. As such I sent an email to customer support informing such a situation and at same time requesting a entire witdrawal. For my surprise I received an email from the broker with two strange demands:

(1) In order to proceed I must prove my bank account credentials with IBAN, Swift, etc, by means of an bank extract.

(2) I must send a print screen of my bank web site, with all the details visible (acc number again, and other personal data), including my server date and time on right down corner screen.

Regarding demanding #1, it was strange given the fact several deposits and withdrawals were done since 2014 to and from the very same bank account. Nothing has changed since my first day with Activtrades!

Regarding demand #2 I felt like being treated like a criminal, may be suspected of money laundry. I have significant experience with business environment and I'm quite sure that demand #2 was absolutely unjustified and not solving any potential issue related to money laundry or other criminal issue. Advised by my business lawyer, I sent both two informations in order to not delaying the withdrawal. In sum, a normal process that could take up two days at most, this one was done in one week (Monday morning to Friday afternoon).

Unjustified, unpleasant and unprofessional behaviour.

Sep 23, 2015 - 5 Stars Complementing my previous review on 2014-08-14, I am able to share more experiences with Activtrades - Widrawals were executed quickly according to SEPA standards and customer support is very good, thanks to quick and good service provided by Mr. Aleksandar Temelkov.

2014-08-23 4 Stars After almost four months of being a client with a small account, I would like to say my experience has been good. Even I can say no negative issues at the present.

Spreads on forex are reasonable, without commissions. Since I'm not a day trader or even a scalper, I don't have opinion regarding trading news or other related issues. In my swing trading, slippage on stops has been also reasonable (0.5 pips on average).

For those interested on stock trading (west european only), they apply very low commissions, which allows small accounts like mine to trade with a very good relationship between position size, costs and risks.

Opening account and funding process was done rapidly. I didn't withdraw any money yet, so I don't have elements to evaluate.
For now, I'm being conservative and give them four stars. I'ii be back some months later to update my review.

Elektra, Germany,
Jan 28, 2019,

My recommendation - stay away, definitely. Unserious up to suspicious broker

Slippage. Than Problem with withdraws. Leverage less as declared (1:20). I have ordered the withdrawal to my bank account, so message, it wouldn't be possible, just to paypal :) One would like to save on Paypal Fee, why are you still lying, money-laundry fighter? My recommendation - Stay away, definitely. Unserious up to suspicious broker

Aug 9, 2018,

Not a straight company

ActivTrades spike volatility and change your margin despite what it really is, so they can close positions, and break down your account. They do not have useful people on their help desk, so you will not get specific answers to specific questions. Beware, they are not a straight outfit and this type of MT4 spread-betting operation knows it can act with impunity because the regulator is useless and will not know how they operate internally or what tricks they can play to get the clients money. Bad company

France,
Dec 24, 2017,

Serious, Competent immediate online contact or over the phone. Small Spread, opening closing of the positions fast, statement of the detailed monthly account. Everyday live trading on YouTube in French. Training for beginners. Etc. etc.

Deutschland, Germany,
Sep 14, 2017,

Bad latency problems almost 2-3 times per week.

First i had problem just after connecting with account. Latency was before login 2ms, after login >20ms. I did write with support and they did solve this problem.

Now their servers are autoconnecting to slower servers "only" 2-3 times per week and you have reconnect to a faster one manually.

This is a realy bad behaviour and caused huge slippage!

Sofia, Bulgaria,
Sep 12, 2017,

horrific broker. better off doing business with lucky luciano

If I could provide 0 as a review or negative I would.
You would assume a regulated broker would act decent. They act worse than a mob run casino. A casino would actually let you have your winnings and kick you out. These guys take your winnings and kick you out unceremoniously.
The excuse given was "security breach". They did not qualify this in any way. Just took what I had made and disabled my account.
If you can make money elsewhere you will NOT make it here as they only welcome losers and they will make sure you lose. If you do win they will find a way to take it back.
Filed complaint with the FCA. I hope brokers like these get shut down as it is a disgrace.

zoubair,
marrakech, Morocco,
Sep 9, 2017,

Mediation company on the whole is good so far No problems in it
Fast pull and allow fast trade

Kiev, Ukraine,
Aug 31, 2017,

I cann't recommend this broker

Withdrawal process:
I requested all deposited funds withdraw to Skrill today in the morning
at ~13:30 i found that not the whole amount requested came to my skrill wallet
While chatting with online support clarified that the rest of the amount will be in my skrill wallet till the end of the day
Are they crazy manual accountant broker??
Guys, IMHO Better stay away form this broker...

Bulgaria,
Jul 3, 2017,

Massive slippage

Massive slippage!
I use them almost 4 years now.
Recently I started noticing things thanks to the EAs I am using. Different servers have small differences in candles that change the performance. I have different trades with the same settings for the EA. Few times there where gaps in the quotes, delays and crashes compared to the different servers.
Spread is tight most of the time, but slippage is regular on any position When it is stop it is always bigger and on targets it is very small to none.
Last week I had few positions open together few shorts and one long. The 2 of the stops where triggered in the same time with the profit target on the target I have 6 points slippage and on the stops 160 points! They told me it is normal market behavior. I have the same trades with 2 other brokers with 0 slippage and few points with the third one.