ActivTrades.com (.co.uk) (.eu) Review

Updated: Nov 26, 2021 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

ActivTrades are forex brokers. Activ Trades offers the MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, and the ActivTrader proprietary web and mobile top forex platforms. Activtrades.com offers over 45 currency pairs, Indexes, ETFs, as well as Commodities and Shares CFDs for your personal investment and trading options., Activtrades also offers Spread Betting for UK residents.

ActivTrades.com (.co.uk) (.eu)

FSA #434413

Click here to read an FSA Penalty against ActivTrades in March 2011.

Established: 2001
Address: 1 Thomas More Square London, E1W 1YN, United Kingdom
Contact: englishdesk@activtrades.com, +44 (0) 207 6500 567
Regulators: SCB #199667 B, CSSF #B232167, FCA #434413
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, ActivTrader
CFD: (35+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, Ngan Luong, PayPal, Skrill, SOFORT
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of ActivTrades.com (.co.uk) (.eu) on our forum

Kent, United Kingdom,
Mar 21, 2017,

Good choice

I have been trading with ActivTrades for nearly 5 years, and I am very content of their service. I have been reading some of the negative reviews, then I noticed those are way before.

There is one thing I really like about this broker is their enhanced client protection scheme.

In general, I have no problem so far, fast execution. Funds and withdrawals are without any problems. Good choice for me.

Delilah,
Mar 20, 2017,

Excellent broker

I trade with ActivTrades for two years and I'm happy with the provided services. Spreads are low, margin levels are up to 1:400, the orders are placed immediately. When I need some assistance, I can fully rely on the 24/5 support. There are many useful tools, like SmartCalculator, SmartOrder, SmartTemplate, good platforms - MT4, MT5, mobile trading. They have very useful events - seminars and webinars. Overall, the broker is perfect for me. Highly recommend!

Sofia, Bulgaria,
Mar 17, 2017,

Overall good.

I've been happy with ActivTrades and never had any problems. I guess inexperienced traders have the tendency to blame the broker for their losses. ActivTrades' support is good, platforms are well developed and have regular updates with new features added, they do live webinars and events. I'd recommend them, really. Also they were one of the most popular brokers when i was searching for one.

Bogotá, Colombia,
Mar 17, 2017,

Excellent broker with great protection for your funds.

Very good broker. I have been trading through them for 4 years now with no issues. I have read some negative reviews about the spread widening, leverage lowering or news trading, but let me tell you the truth, most people that complain dont know what they are doing. The spreads are not fixed at ActivTrades, because they dont have a dealing desk. There is no human intervention when you place your trades and spreads vary depending on volatility and liquidity. It is normal for spreads to widen during news announcements, you just have to learn how to trade, besides in my opinion if your are trading during news announcements then you are just a newbie trying to grab a few pips here and there. ActivTrades is very professional and offers great protection for your funds. They are regulated by the FCA and offer great training to their clients to make sure they are successful in their trading.

Dhaka, Bangladesh,
Jan 17, 2017,

Excellent!

Tightest spread in the industry (without commission) especially for the major forex pairs. Providing a wide range of instruments

No re-quotes. Got positive slippage several times!

Since 2001 in the market. Regulated by the FCA. Client funds are protected up to GBP 500,000! Excellent customer service

Deposited USD 10,000. Doubled my funds within 2 months. Received my initial deposit including the profit within 2 days. No problem at all

Best broker. Highly recommended!

Germany,
Dec 14, 2016,

Very satisfied

After more than 18 months of trading I'm quite satisfied with this broker.
I cannot see any noticeable issue: all my orders are executed rapidly with small slippage and no requotes.
I trade with 20.000 euro of capital by using an EA runnning on MT4 platform. My strategy is conservative/prudent with max 40-50 orders per week. Until now I was constantly profitable (I cross my fingers). Obviously, I was stopping trading for two or three days in correspondence of important news.

I cannot say nothing about scalping and/or aggressive trading with big-sized trades. I have no experience about that by using this broker so I cannot help you on this aspect.

BTW, also withdrawals are easy and rapid. In 3 or max 4 days the money is on my bank account.

I hope that my review helps.

Alecksey,
Germany, Germany,
Sep 10, 2016,

nothing has improved at ActivTrades

Activtrades is a Scam Broker. Unfortunately , nothing has improved. All good reviews are fake or from unprofitable traders.

Activtrades is no broker where you can scalp or trade news, demo and beginning is good, as with most brokers, and when you make profit you get slippage and long execution plugin.

I trade manually and get slippage, slippage, slippage.

Scam clients is there business, hiding behind good support and marketing but very poor trading quality.

Read for yourself FSA (regulatory authority) report over Activtrades!!!

Athens, Greece,
Aug 9, 2016,

Stay AWAY. This is a completely untrustworthy broker

A very tricky broker, trying to provide an image of trustworthy and serious but the reality is much different. For example spreads seem nice but in the moment you need a new position many times the spreads are widening too much. They say they have leverage 1:400 but when you are profitable they will lower your leverage to 1:100 or even 1:25. They say they provide negative balance protection, but if you ever go negative even for a few euros, they will ask you to sign a form accepting that there will be no negative balance protection from now on!! Or they will ''punish'' you lowering your leverage to 1:25 again. lol, this broker is really a bad joke, they try to push you from all sides. Stay away!!

Feb 24, 2016 1Star BE EXTREMELY careful with Activtrades. This broker doesn't really provide negative balance protection. If you have a negative balance after even a single bad trade, your balance doesn't automatically return to zero. You have to ask them to do it and if they do it, they will decrease your leverage to the lowest level so they turn your account almost useless. The very same thing happened to my best friend who trusted this broker too. This broker is totally untrustworthy

Arik,
, Israel,
Aug 1, 2016,

Very bad experience,
Live and Demo are not even the same,
The servers are not even located at the same place,
they are telling that the the DEMO & LIVE server are the same but they not,
market maker broker, i noticed that my trading conditions was changed,
got more slippages and longer executions 1000ms+, i have checked this on different days and different accounts and my account was performing worst then my friend's account,

both closed the our accounts with them and withdraw all our money out.

support and withdrawals are fast though.

A Karish,
Jerusalem, Israel,
Jun 27, 2016,

I was initially happy with activtrades, but now after using it for a longer period i'm thinking to move to another broker,
• activtrades is a market maker that hides as an "STP" broker,
• i almost always like 90% of the time getting negative slippages,
• activtrades got Sunday candle,
• other then that the support and withdraw fast and no problems at all, but still this is my experiance based on was i see in my statistics over all i wont recommend this broker at all

What is ActivTrades?

Activ Trades is an online forex broker. Activ Trades offers the following assets to be traded with on ActivTrader, MetaTrader 4 and 5.

• Forex
  • Shares
  • Commodities
  • Option
  • Indices

Is ActivTrades regulated?

ActivTrades is regulated in 3 jurisdictions.

• ActivTrades Corp is authorised and regulated by The Securities Commission of the Bahamas.
  • ActivTrades Corp is a subsidiary of ActivTrades PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 434413.
  • ActivTrades Europe SA is authorised and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) in Luxembourg, registration number B232167.

Is ActivTrades a good broker?

Unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy is the best way to answer if ActivTrades is a good broker. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/3665/activtrades-forex-brokers

Additionally, we'd recommend to check recent ActivTrades community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/activtrades.