eToro Review

Updated: Jun 11, 2021 · eToro.com  · Is this your company?

75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

eToro

Established: 2007
Address: 24th floor, One Canada Square Canary Wharf E14 5AB London, E14 5AB, United Kingdom
Contact: info@etoro.com.au, +44-866-350-0881
Regulators: ASIC #491139, CySEC #109/10, FCA #FRN 583263
Trading platforms: WebTrader
CFD: (5+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Oil, Other Commodities
EAs/Robots: No
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Giropay, Local Bank Deposits, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney, Yandex Money
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Giropay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, UnionPay, Yandex Money

Join live discussion of eToro.com on our forum

tarragona, Spain,
Nov 6, 2020,

Cant close a position

You cant reach to the customer service or help...They should really take care of the customers or clients.

uruguay, Uruguay,
Sep 20, 2020,

Bad

Stay away, they let you lose but not win.
It is designed to empty the pockets of newbies.

Victoria, Australia,
Aug 10, 2020,

Price manioulation, taking money off your account when they made the mistak

Worst broker ever, never thought this was gonna happen with me. SPX 6000 pips off the mkt. Ignores my SL and also take money off when they made the mistake... Dont use this broker never...
Aug 8, 2020,

Nice platform, but expensive

Etoro has a nice easy to use platform and is good for beginners. They have a lot of useful features and the option to copy trade other traders. Sounds great, but from my experience, the traders I copied were always inconsistent. They had huge withdrawal fees and restricted where I could place my TP and SL, which I didn't like.
It's not a bad platform, but I didn't stay there too long.

May 19, 2020 - 3 Stars I think this platform is good for newbies getting into trading as the platform is easy to use and it has lots of great features like professional trader opinions and copy trading. I did find it a little restrictive though with limits where I could place TP and SL and expensive fees.

Philippines, Philippines,
Jul 22, 2020,

INSTANT SL PRIOR TO TRADE OPENING

They will manipulate spreads when volatility is high. When you enter trade, you automatically get stopped out

Bo,
Atlanta, USA,
Jul 14, 2020,

Stole my money

I have been trying to withdraw my money for weeks now and they will not give it back. Stay away. This is either a scam or they have the worst APP and customer service ever.

Malta, Malta,
Jun 8, 2020,

Etoro absolute scam

Since I joined up, Etoro has consistently closed markets which are open, removed leverages from people's trading and also close prices way way after their initial SL. Highly do not recommend at this point. I really do hope for a change in this broker because this is ridiculous.

Ed,
Paris, France,
May 1, 2020,

They are scamming you all long

Never go on Etoro. Don't do what i regret days after days.
This site isn't a broker, it's a scammer site.
They allow you to lose but not to win:
- They manipulate the prices to their side.
Prices are fakes, they and going where the most Stop losses are set.
- The site isn't working well at CRUCIAL moments.
- client service is not responding.
- The charts and prices they provide aren't refreshed (they "bug"): but it's a technique aiming to mislead the consumer before he takes an order.
The chart is wrong, so you read it and think omg I need to invest now.
Just after you made the order, the chart and price refreshes and it was not what you thought.

Overall, it's a site you CANT trust. When we talk about money, it's not good at all.

Let's all contact the market authories, because this scam must stop.
SCAM ALERT
France, France,
Apr 28, 2020,

Awful customer service + scam

Etoro will block the possibility of investment on a great potential stock, and they will manipulate the stock prices so you you will loose your money anyway.
this platform is bad, stay away!
Better go on Revolut or so.

Casablanca, Morocco,
Apr 24, 2020,

SCAM. THIEFS. Blocked my money and refuse to give it back to me.

Just when I started becoming profitable they blocked my account under the excuse that I needed to submit official documents EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY DONE IT WHEN I REGISTERED. They were the same damn documents. So I submitted them again and they said they will validate my account after a "short" amount of time. They blocked me on 2016 and this is 2020 and they still refuse to give my money back so I don't what the f*** is "short" about that !

Is eToro legit?

eToro Group is regulated in 3 countries.

• eToro (Europe) Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission (CySEC) under the license # 109/10.
  • eToro (UK) Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the license FRN 583263.
  • eToro AUS Capital Pty Ltd. is authorised by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) under Australian Financial Services Licensce 491139

eToro possesses a virtual currency license in the USA and is currently rolling out cryptocurrency trading across the USA.

In terms of financial services, eToro is not regulated with any USA financial authorities.

What is the minimum deposit for eToro?

eToro requires a minimum first-time deposit ranging from $50-$10,000 depending on your region and country regulations.

• In general, the minimum first-time deposit is $200
  • For residents of Australia and the USA, the minimum first-time deposit is $50
  • Funding your account via Wire Transfer, the minimum first-time deposit is $500.
  • For residents of Israel, the minimum first-time deposit is $10,000
  • For a corporate account, a minimum first-time deposit of $10,000 is required

Can I deposit bitcoin to eToro?

Yes, eToro supports sending or receiving crytpo to and from other wallets, provided they are supported by the eToro Wallet and in line with the applicable Terms and Conditions.