eToro Review

Updated: Jun 11, 2021 · eToro.com  · Is this your company?

75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

eToro

Established: 2007
Address: 24th floor, One Canada Square Canary Wharf E14 5AB London, E14 5AB, United Kingdom
Contact: info@etoro.com.au, +44-866-350-0881
Regulators: ASIC #491139, CySEC #109/10, FCA #FRN 583263
Trading platforms: WebTrader
CFD: (5+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Oil, Other Commodities
EAs/Robots: No
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Giropay, Local Bank Deposits, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, UnionPay, WebMoney, Yandex Money
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Giropay, Local Bank Transfers, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, UnionPay, Yandex Money

Join live discussion of eToro.com on our forum

Cathedral City, USA,
Jun 11, 2021,

Total Thevies

EToro has to be the worsed company there is. they basically stole 100 dollars i have and will not deposit and close the account. there customer service is no help at all . they winded up blocking my account and wont respond.

NINO,
Nozadze, USA,
Apr 17, 2021,

Waiting for refund

All my stock market was closed by etoro and I was told that my money will be refunded but still no luck waiting already for 10 days. Today I am not able to log in as my account was blocked as well. I just need my money back. Also nobody responds to may emails.

Madrid, Spain,
Mar 14, 2021,

Good copy trading but CFDs may be expensive (read why)

I've read other traders' reviews on eToro before starting.
I avoided CFDs and Cryptos.
I used copy trading and i felt safe.
One thing to pay attention to is to copy traders that do not open and close too many positions.
Doing so I avoided paying too many commissions.

Compare it to other stock brokers before investing.
I suggest to read the online reviews of eToro on RevenueLand and also on other honest blogs to find out the best way to use it.
Cryptos other than Bitcoin can also be expensive to trade.
ETFs and stocks are really 100% free on eToro.
etoro only works in USD, so if you deposit money in other currencies you will have to pay a small fee.
Malaysia, Malaysia,
Feb 4, 2021,

Unstable, Unfriendly, Paranoid

It has been common knowledge within the eToro community that their platform is totally unstable. For instance, very often we can't close nor open trades during the market opening session, which they claim is a limitation of the liquidity provider. We are also unable to login very often. You may need to keep evidence of your deposits, because the money often fail to be reflected in your balance immediately, for days. They will ask you to show them evidence of your deposit before checking it out themselves.

I can't remember how many times clients have complained that their customer service tickets have not been solved but have been marked as 'resolved'. I doubt they ever read your tickets.

If you ever publicly complain about their service, they may block your right to post permanently, and told you it is a technical problem they are trying to fix. If you try to introduce others to another platform, they will just flag your comment as spam and then remove it.

argentina, Argentina,
Jan 18, 2021,

Cant Withdrawal

Im investing in etoro since 2020, My account was verifyied and my deposits where accepted really fast. I made some investments and made some profit and made the first withrawal with no problems.

Now im trying to witrhawal all the money and they had processed the payment but never received on my bank account, even asked the Bank manager and nothing pending. There is a ticket Nr 01519927 since 30 days and im not having any reply and still waiting my funds. Dont really understand why they take so long and no response.

What should I do ? Any help is welcome.
Rome, Italy,
Jan 18, 2021,

I received on the 27 November an email ETORO where my etoro wallet was blocked, I was asked my relation with a specificif bitcoin address.

I sent 200euros less or more of BTC, for the purchase of an iPad, which was regularly listed on an second had website, the seller, convinced me to pay via BTC, and I was stupid enough to let me scam, because I never received any item.
After some days, I received another email saying that ETORO were no longer able to offer me any service, that all my position would be closed automatically after 72hour.

Now this countdown is gone, my positions are still there, I sent part of the requested documentation asking details to give ETORO more, I sent something like 7 messages trying to settle the situation because I HAVE DONE NOTHING OF WRONG, I'm not a criminal!

BEWARE FROM ETORO

Sg, Singapore,
Jan 3, 2021,

Terrible broker, manipulative of position & unable to withdraw when u profi

Bad customer service and when u open ticket to enquire something, they will just reply standard Automatic reply (like no reply) And then close the ticket / mark it as solved. Very bad follow up and slow in reply.
When u made profit, they will try to block you to withdraw your money even if your account is verified. I’m unable to withdraw my USD330,000.
Let’s file a dispute with ombudsman and see how to recover my fund.
They do manipulate trading data and close your trade when it is profitable.
I suspect they will just pocket all the deposit since 75% user are making losses with them.
All your investment in etoro will not go through any exchange when u traded. They just pocket all the money. So when u make money, u can’t withdraw. (You May withdraw only if ur sum is small).
Netherlands, Netherlands,
Dec 30, 2020,

Illegal practice

From one day to another eToro announced it will cease its cryptotrading a month later for all Dutch users as they failed to acquire a permit on time. They blocked wallets, and dont allow for transfer of assets, and only allow us to sell our positions by the deadline date. Please stay away from this platform as they will throw their Clients under the bus due to their own incompetence
Ecuador, Ecuador,
Dec 15, 2020,

Good experience overall

Im not saying eToro is perfect, but Ive been trading forex for 3 years now and have never had any problem with positions getting closed. Now there is probably some people here that have lost their money with eToro and I appreciate their reviews, but most people here are just people that lost their money because of bad management.

Like a position closing because a spread opened 50 pips, that is what all traders that use spreads do when there is a difference between askers and bidders, and if 50 pips closed your position maybe you were already very deep in red or should use less leverage.

Others say that they manipulate the prices to trigger stop losses, I have never seen this once, and I trade on 3 different platforms, eToro never varied significantly compared to other platforms. Prices can have huge volatility, the biggest record Ive seen is 200 pips in 5 minutes on the GBP/USD, and you have to prepare for such movement before opening positions.

I have never had a single problem with withdrawals, deposits or verification either, though it is quite annoying that they ask for so much information and their customer service is very slow if you dont deposit at least $10,000.

With that said, let me point the problems I had with eToro, that in no way mean they are scam. They have a very slow support team, although they usually solve your issues with no problem. No scalping allowed. They have a minimum $25 investing, which limit how I can invest my money. They also had a minimum 4000 units position but it has now been reduced to 1000 as standard by other brokers. They close the market 30 minutes early on Friday, not allowing for extra investment. You can only have your money in one currency, I usually keep it between AUD USD and GBP with other brokers, to avoid depreciation. They force you to put a stop loss at 50% the position and a take profit sometimes limited too during high volatility, like oil earlier this year. This makes it very hard to use 400x leverage and avoid doing unintentional scalping or having the position close too early. Withdrawals are sent to the last payment method used by default, and I cannot send it directly back to my bank to avoid fees. Their website and app lags a lot. The social feature is very lacking

With that said, my experience has been overall good with them, but I can only speak about forex and their copy trading system. If you are planning investing like that, I recommend the broker.

Bloemfontein, South Africa,
Dec 9, 2020,

Bad Service

Opening account and depositing money is easy. Verifying account is impossible. I have sent color scan of all of my identity documents(ID, drivers licence etc.) and they reject it immediately. They have now closed all my open trades. I contacted client services but they take days to get back to you with vague/generic answers that don't help at all. So my money is now stuck and I cannot even trade it. Now they want me to deposit more money before I can trade again?! What kind of a scam is this?
Case Number: 01419843

tarragona, Spain,
Nov 6, 2020,

Cant close a position

You cant reach to the customer service or help...They should really take care of the customers or clients.

uruguay, Uruguay,
Sep 20, 2020,

Bad

Stay away, they let you lose but not win.
It is designed to empty the pockets of newbies.

Victoria, Australia,
Aug 10, 2020,

Price manioulation, taking money off your account when they made the mistak

Worst broker ever, never thought this was gonna happen with me. SPX 6000 pips off the mkt. Ignores my SL and also take money off when they made the mistake... Dont use this broker never...
Aug 8, 2020,

Nice platform, but expensive

Etoro has a nice easy to use platform and is good for beginners. They have a lot of useful features and the option to copy trade other traders. Sounds great, but from my experience, the traders I copied were always inconsistent. They had huge withdrawal fees and restricted where I could place my TP and SL, which I didn't like.
It's not a bad platform, but I didn't stay there too long.

May 19, 2020 - 3 Stars I think this platform is good for newbies getting into trading as the platform is easy to use and it has lots of great features like professional trader opinions and copy trading. I did find it a little restrictive though with limits where I could place TP and SL and expensive fees.

Philippines, Philippines,
Jul 22, 2020,

INSTANT SL PRIOR TO TRADE OPENING

They will manipulate spreads when volatility is high. When you enter trade, you automatically get stopped out

Bo,
Atlanta, USA,
Jul 14, 2020,

Stole my money

I have been trying to withdraw my money for weeks now and they will not give it back. Stay away. This is either a scam or they have the worst APP and customer service ever.

Malta, Malta,
Jun 8, 2020,

Etoro absolute scam

Since I joined up, Etoro has consistently closed markets which are open, removed leverages from people's trading and also close prices way way after their initial SL. Highly do not recommend at this point. I really do hope for a change in this broker because this is ridiculous.

Ed,
Paris, France,
May 1, 2020,

They are scamming you all long

Never go on Etoro. Don't do what i regret days after days.
This site isn't a broker, it's a scammer site.
They allow you to lose but not to win:
- They manipulate the prices to their side.
Prices are fakes, they and going where the most Stop losses are set.
- The site isn't working well at CRUCIAL moments.
- client service is not responding.
- The charts and prices they provide aren't refreshed (they "bug"): but it's a technique aiming to mislead the consumer before he takes an order.
The chart is wrong, so you read it and think omg I need to invest now.
Just after you made the order, the chart and price refreshes and it was not what you thought.

Overall, it's a site you CANT trust. When we talk about money, it's not good at all.

Let's all contact the market authories, because this scam must stop.
SCAM ALERT
France, France,
Apr 28, 2020,

Awful customer service + scam

Etoro will block the possibility of investment on a great potential stock, and they will manipulate the stock prices so you you will loose your money anyway.
this platform is bad, stay away!
Better go on Revolut or so.

Casablanca, Morocco,
Apr 24, 2020,

SCAM. THIEFS. Blocked my money and refuse to give it back to me.

Just when I started becoming profitable they blocked my account under the excuse that I needed to submit official documents EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY DONE IT WHEN I REGISTERED. They were the same damn documents. So I submitted them again and they said they will validate my account after a "short" amount of time. They blocked me on 2016 and this is 2020 and they still refuse to give my money back so I don't what the f*** is "short" about that !

Daily trader,
Odense, Denmark,
Apr 22, 2020,

Horrible app

It's dangerous to use this app. There is a lot of problems with their platform, half the time it displays irrelevant charts, has expensive spread, always signs me out and I can go on...

Charilaou Konstantinos,
Cyprus, Cyprus,
Apr 22, 2020,

Blocked me for speaking out

They blocked me because i gave a solution to all those scamed by them, here is the post as was posted "Talked with cysec they are willing to open an investication, please go ahead and submit proof and claim thought their webportal, also if you want to make a claim for you money you should also contact http://www.financialombudsman.gov.cy/forc/forc.nsf/page15_en/page15_en?OpenDocument

These are two different offices which requlate financials and protect investors in cyprus. Everything you can contripute contact them thought mail or portal. DO NOT use phone calls! " last time i checked we still had free speech!
Romania, Romania,
Mar 27, 2020,

Same result again

After my failed in January, I decided to give them a try again. Was a mistake. You will guess, ended up the same. I done with them, never again.

Jan 23, 2020 - 1 Star I decided to give a try on their copy trade system... social trading...
As they advertise: "Just find a top investor" and copy their trades. Of course, they just forgot to mention that top investors somehow start to make losing trades after you start following them. Same as Zulu...
I didn't had too much expectations, but still wondering how they are still in business...

ho chi minh, Viet Nam,
Mar 22, 2020,

they are criminal - if I can rate negative start , I will do it

I have been waiting them more than 10 days since I completed my profile, and they totally ignore me . Do you want to invest your money to the broker like that ? I paid my mistake , but you can avoid it .

Abed,
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia,
Mar 15, 2020,

Biggest scam in the Forex & CFD market

The biggest question in the Forex & CFD market, how such a scammer broker still exist and get bigger?

They practice every single type of scamming:
1. Fake prices which don’t match any of the other brokers.
2. Manipulating the spreads.
3. Canceling the profits.
4. Showing unrealistic profits of their alleged top traders for copying.
5. Paying people to promote on social media that they are making Millions trading with them.

I lost any kind of faith in the financial authority in Cyprus because of allowing such scammers.
Auckland, New Zealand,
Mar 11, 2020,

They are scam

I opened my account with minimum required amount and then was overwhelmed with phone calls asking me personal questions about my savings.. And the were asking me to wire usd $10000, which I refused to do. So I tried the platform which turned out to be not a real one as you do not loos any positions, after a week they called again asking me to deposit more money, and my response was that your company is not regulated and it is scam. In return (STEVEN MARKS
Senior Account Manager) was angry and said that he will block my account and refund the money, and within seconds he blocked the account and I didn't get any money back.
DON'T USE THIS BROKER
simply they are a bunch of thieves.
Santander, Spain,
Jan 17, 2020,

Unfit for eurozone users - High slippage - Market makers

1. This broker trades in USD. When you send your deposit in EUR a 3.2% comission will be charged.

2. Same for withdrawals, another 3.2% comission, plus a $25 fee. Incredible.

3. SL orders are fired with a high slippage. They say they're NDD (No Dealing Desktop) but actually they're MM (Market Makers).

There are much better alternatives. Stay away.
GARY HIPPERSON,
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates,
Jan 2, 2020,

I just wished to advise any e-toro account user that should your account be hacked, e-toro take no responsibility for fraudulent trades placed onto your account.

I'm sure like myself, you will find this deeply concerning as if the same customer service protocols were applied to your bank, you would not deposit 1 penny into any bank however well known.

Below is a response from E-toro following 2 fraudulent positions placed onto my account. Very very concerning for any e-toro user.

Thank you for your emails.

Kindly note that we are not insinuating that you did open the positions. But, since it is the client's responsibility to protect his account, therefore we are very sorry to inform you that we cannot give any compensation in this regard.
We kindly ask you to change the password and use the 2 layers authentication to protect your account's privacy.

In case you need any help on how to activate the 2FA please do not hesitate to confirm in a reply to this email.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,

Best regards,

eToro Customer Service
Soha Noujeim
Jovan,
Bansko, Serbia,
Dec 30, 2019,

blocked my account for no reason,i was not even using it for the day it god blocked
keep away!!!
Florence, Italy,
Dec 14, 2019,

Attenzione!! Denunciati alla Consob per Indebita Appropiazione!!

Attention .. they steal your money when you make the withdrawal!

In a totally unjustified way I have seen myself cut off in addition to their exorbitant commissions of $ 25.00 (which moreover no other broker charges), have made a change in their favor of as much as $ 51.00 over $ 25.00 which they had already stayed.

I state that I had asked for a payment to a Paypal account and that paypal does not charge any commission in the payments.

Their justification was that my bank charges the commissions on the money (liars, thieves and scammers) as I had asked for the payment on Paypal and in fact they paid without any cost on Paypal therefore, to steal the money they made a conversion to Euro (thinking obviously I was stupid and I wouldn't have used the calculator to see how much they changed) and they kept me an additional $ 51.00 (then 51 + 25 for a total of $ 76.00). Practically they have unduly appropriated an additional $ 51.00 over at $ 25.00 which they already take commissions.

I feel strongly to advise against opening any account with them as they have high spread rates, transaction fees, overnight rates (swaps) and in addition they also steal on the withdrawals you make. I advise you to support your money on more honest, serious and transparent brokers.

As proof of what I have written, I proceeded to make a complaint to Consob with file number 2.333 and I am thinking of turning to the Postal Police who will take further action.

I also add that I did not receive replies to my complaints via email, I asked to be contacted and they replied that I was not available. The only answer I had was to call my bank because he charged the fees on the payment (false and liars because there was no bank, they made it to Paypal and Paypal as reiterated does not charge anything )

=======================================

In modo del tutto ingiustificato mi sono visto decurtare oltre alle loro esose commissioni di $ 25,00 (che oltretutto nessun'altro broker fa pagare), hanno fatto un cambio a loro favore di ben $ 51,00 ulteriori ai $ 25,00 che gia si erano trattenuti.

Premetto che avevo chiesto un versamento su un conto Paypal e che paypal non addebita alcuna commissione nei versamenti.

La loro giustificazione è stata che la mia banca addebita le commissioni sui soldi (bugiardi, ladri e truffatori) poichè il versamento lo avevo chiesto su Paypal e difatto hanno versato senza alcun costo su Paypal pertanto, loro per rubarmi i soldi hanno fatto una conversione in Euro (pensando evidentemente fossi fesso e che non avrei usato la calcolatrice per vedere a quanto hanno fatto il cambio) e mi hanno trattenuto ulteriori $ 51,00 (quindi 51+25 per un totale di $ 76,00). Praticamente si sono indebitamente appropiati di ulteriori $ 51,00 oltre ai $ 25,00 che gia si prendono di commissioni.

Mi sento vivamente di sconsigliare di aprire qualsivoglia conto con loro poichè hanno tassi spread alti, costi di commissioni sulle operazioni, tasso overnight (swap) e in piu rubano anche sui prelievi che farete. Consiglio di appoggiare i vostri soldi su broker piu onesti, seri e trasparenti.

A prova di quanto ho scritto ho provveduto ad effettuare una denuncia presso la Consob con pratica numero 2.333 e sto pensando di rivolgermi anche alla Polizia Postale che prenderà ulteriori provvedimenti.

Aggiungo anche che non ho avuto risposte alle mie lamentele via email, avevo chiesto di essere contattato e hanno risposto che non ero reperibile. L'unica risposta che ho avuto è stata di chiamare la mia banca perchè ha addebitato le commissioni sul versamento (falsi e bugiardi in quanto non c'e stata alcuna banca, loro il versamento lo hanno fatto su Paypal e Paypal come ribadito non addebita niente)

Dec 12, 2019 - 1 Star They are scoundrels and dishonest people who, in addition to having high spreads, commissions and withdrawal costs (as much as 25 dollars).

They cleverly sent my money in Eur (instead of dollars) stealing an additional 54 Eur from the total I should have received. I have all the photographic documentation of my withdrawal in dollars but they have decided to send in Euro taking well 54 € over the already 25 $ that they have taken.
So I advise you to stay away from these deceitful scammers into believing that they have "only 25 dollars" on the withdrawal because when you withdraw your money they still want to eat money.

Their response was that the bank takes money for the exchange, but they are great liars. First, because the money was sent to a paypal account (no a bank) and paypal does not take commissions on the money received! and according to me I did not ask for any conversion of the money into Eur (for this game they did stole a good 54 € ).

I report this scam on as many sites as possible so that other customers do not fall for these dishonest people. In addition to this, I am proceeding to make related complaints. I have all photographic documentation of the withdrawals and the money actually entered and which are far less than those I should have received.

I advise you not to open an account with them if you do not want then (one day you take your money) to be scammed as it happened to me.

I can prove everything and I have proofs with the screenshots where even their operator via chat told me that there was only $ 25 in commission on withdrawals. Dishonest to the end!
BSAS, Argentina,
Dec 7, 2019,

Not good AT ALL

Huge spreads, huge slippage, huge turnover time spread and huge commision when withdrawal your money which also takes a lot of time.. A bad experience
Brisbane, Australia,
Nov 12, 2019,

Read the terms and conditions what a joke

Tell me the last time ANYONE has ever read the terms and conditions about any company they sign up to. Did you on facebook, twitter, Google, You Tube, i could go on but you get what i mean.
Etoro have decided in their wisdom to charge anyone who opens an account with them, to charge you $25.00 per withdrawal, to withdraw your own money.
I have never heard of such a scam, well i have but i thought this company which has advertised here in Australia recently trying to increase their business, would stoop this low.
And not only charge you BUT take days and i mean days to send the money through.
I hope every person moving into Forex or Crypto reads this and steers clear of this scamming company.

Nov 9, 2019 - 1 Star What a thief. Imagine going to your bank and wanting to withdraw money, then being told you have to pay $25.00 to get your own money out, what a pack of thieves. Also my trade was closed without my permission and i lost. The worst broker i have come across. EVER.

BW, Germany,
Nov 5, 2019,

Etoro is a scam

Etoro is a scam, they earn a loot with spreads. Getting money back costs 25$. Makes investing and day trading look easy, which it is not. Run away!
Oct 18, 2019,

They close all my trades several times

they dont respect my SL, all my trades were closed with disrespect of my SL which resulted in Negative balance, i have deposited 26000USD, and made a profits more than 23000USD, but all has gone and total loss of because of such a stupid platform
Granada, Spain,
Oct 3, 2019,

A scam, that is

What can I say about eToro? I am one of the unlucky ones who thought that if I invest with this company, I could get some extra cash for personal use, but the reality is different and I have lost more than $ 27,000 with them. I will not say that all the losses were due to eToro, but more than 75% lost was due to many factors, including: they take a long time to open the market and one cannot close his positions until the market comes back against him; also the page does not close the positions until one is in red (it happened to me more than ten times); they close the positions when they feel like it even if you bought the assets without leverage, which happened to me with SEARS and SPN where they closed all of my positions without notice (they did not send me any e-mail or let us know about it) and I had great losses. At this point, it should be noted that they closed the positions of SPN at 0.2548 when the stock was trading at 0.36 and at this moment it is trading at 0.40. I do not understand why they do this when other platforms continue to operate with this stock.

I cannot finish without saying that I am not going to invest more money with them and that I will withdraw my money to go to another broker who cares more about keeping their clients rather than squeezing them to the last penny.
03, Algeria,
Sep 14, 2019,

scam trust me d'ont lose your money

they are scaming if you win some money they will close your positions and hit your sl i swear they are market maker's scammer's thiefss
Smarje Sap, Slovenia,
Jul 24, 2019,

Be carful, eToro is a scam

Hello,

I opened account and werified at 24.10.2018. 26. 10. eToro accepted my deposit. I finding some people to maked copy trading. In 17.1.2019 I maked first withdrowal, in this time is been all fine. 15.2.2019 I got email from eToro that he deleted some trade, because I didn't trade ok. Then I send him email that I yust copied people and I didn't do anything wrong. Then I got from eToro email with attachement that I should sign a statement to gived up some money. I didn't sign this statement. Then eToro took my some money and closed my account.
Zeljo,
Zagreb, Croatia,
Jun 24, 2019,

Scam, Choose a better Social Trading Network

eToro deleted my positive copy trades but they did not cancel any trade to the original trader. What a mess. Probably because we are regulated in different jurisdictions?

I asked eToro 5 times for explanation but I have not received a reply from their side.
Be careful with eToro, I suggest traders to find a more reliable Social Trading Network. eToro is a big scam!

Maribor, Slovenia,
Jun 5, 2019,

Be careful with eToro

eToro canceled all my positive (not negative) trades from 2019 with an excuse of an delays in pricing. I compared all the quotes with my Bloomberg terminal and I can say that all were in the range with quotes where eToro opened my position. I repeatedly tried to prove this to them but they do not want to listen if something is not in their favor Unfortunately, this is their relationship with a client in case client does not lose money (as most clients does).

Be careful with eToro, they manipulate with their quotes and if the result is not according to their wishes, they can easily cancel positive trades to Retail eToro users. Sad for a company like eToro as they earn enough from their big spreads and other commissions.
Crypto Toro,
Brisbane, Australia,
Jun 5, 2019,

Be Careful! eToro is manipulating with their clients

An eToro client who was copying me via eToro social trading platform, find me on the internet and after we make a comparison of trades we realized that eToro did deducted some trades from his trading account. Reason eToro noted was, that he was “engaged in trading activity that took advantage of the delayed pricing on our platform.”

Funny, my trades were fine for eToro, but follower who did only copy my trades was accused by eToro of some kind of delayed pricing. Can you imagine this??

I am deeply concerned about eToro manipulation on their social trading platform.I suggest you to find other more fair providers of social trading.
United Arab Emirates,
Jun 2, 2019,

STOP LOSS HUNTER!!!! market maker

1. You can never profit from them - Market makers (trades against you)
2. Manipulates and hunts Stop loss even if your SL is 15-20pips away
3. Beware of the slippage - no proof whatsoever you can't see anything from their chart.
4. If you win few trades be sure they will take that earnings back by hitting your SL even if the price hasn't moved
5. Their chart varies a lot from other live feeds
Milano, Italy,
May 8, 2019,

eToro is SCAM – they will deleted your profitable copied trades

I have been using eToro for about one year. At the beginning they seems to be fine, well they have big spreads, withdrawal and conversion fees but I liked their social trading concept as an not very active trader.

Soon I realized that this is only an fairly tail. With copying other traders I cached few nice trades and after that eToro sent me a wavier to sign, where I should agree that they cancel trades that I made with copying and by signing this waiver, I would also commit to silence about this eToro inadmissible act. Can you imagine something like that?

Now my account is blocked and I will file a case to FOS.
They of course deleted only profitable trades So be careful, If you are not in this 66% of retail investors who lose money, eToro will take care of this.

Stay away!

Katya,
Sofia, Bulgaria,
Apr 10, 2019,

Me too ---- eToro deleted my copied trades too!!!

In January 2019 I started to use eToro for copy trading and I copied one local trader that I found through their platform.
After a few weeks eToro sent me an email with a wavier where they said they would DELETE the good trade because of abusive trading. But I am copier !!
The wavier also said that I givie up any claims to any profits that I may now or in the future.
Of course I did not want to sign this and later on they closed my account, returned what was left on the account and DELETED PROFITS FROM COPY TRADING !! So it's fine to loose mony as long as you dont win some.

Any profits made through copy trading can simply be deleted by eToro. Losses stay ... Clearly to SCAM !!!!
This means your social trading is just to take money from you.

Gemi,
Slovenia, Slovenia,
Feb 23, 2019,

Etoro DELETE copied trades! SCAM! BE AWARE

Dear Traders.

I am client of etoro for near two years. I traded in the past myself but last half year I am following people and copy their trades. I was satisfied until they withdrawal money but one week ago I received email about delete profits from this year that I violated T&C. I have copied trades with their social trading platform. They are excusing that trades were wrong. This is ridiculous that they delete trades! Trades were copied automatically. I can not been responsible of that and I can not be a victim of this. Their managers push to copy traders to make more trades and they earn from spreads.

I think this is SCAM and very good example that you can not TRUST to etoro because someday can everyone get this email and they will not pay you earned profits. Where is point to use them social trading platform if they delete profits and their excuse is about something which you can not influence.

BE AWARE WITH THEM!
Saint Kitts and Nevis,
Jan 20, 2019,

I have been trading with Etoro for a while now dough I have only made small deposit I find the site to be reliable, also have made withdrawal and find it reliable in that area as well. With all the disappointment going on with most trading sites I have find myself looking at Etoro to soon be my #1 trading site.

if they had the Metatrader 4 platform I wouldn't bother much with other trading sites. Their platform is very good don't get me wrong I just prefer the MT4 platform; I give them a 4 star not because they don't deserve a 5 star is for the lack of MT4 other than that kudos to you Etoro.
David,
Helsinki, Finland,
Jan 7, 2019,

Great service and platform

I have been using it for 5 years now, high fees, but it is really easy to use, and powerful at the same time.
Only part I see they have some issues is related to the crypto market..

Martins,
Braga, Portugal,
Dec 14, 2018,

Easy platform, accept PayPal. Like it very much, I m in Etoro since 2 years. All goes well, my manager Samuel is doing a great job ! Congratulations to all
The team

Mohamed,
Spain,
Dec 14, 2018,

Not to trust. Do your researc about this company before Starting to use it. They can block your account just because they want to.

Henke,
växjö, Sweden,

Warning

I been warned by MANY cryptoholders to not use Etoro at all, i picked competitors that actually lets you withdraw at any time or transfer the holdings to another wallet free of choice!

Bangladesh,
Nov 12, 2018,

etoro cheated with ibs when they started to earn

if possible I would like to give them -ve ratings. worse broker for traders and IBs, the just steal clients money however they can.

ive an partner account with them. for few years. as their spreads are very high and platform is not mt4 hard to get client for them. for last few months my commission earnings increased to 400-600 usd avg per month. some time it goes passes 2k as well. and then suddenly my account manager informed me that due to regulation issue they are not paying commission to affiliates. only cpa they are offering. I mailed several times to my account manager asked her why others partners are offering rev commission to their clients. she just ignoring those question and repeat one thing that due to regulation issue they are not paying to affiliates any rev commission.

for last few months I saved my accounts earnings and contact them to release those but they denied and now they just not updating my accounts at all. so I don't know how much my referrals are generating.

today they just blanked my account earnings.