MarketTraders.com (MTI) Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 17, 2018

AML, please use the discussion thread linked to this review page if you wish to share any further information.

Other websites of this company include: FOREXTIPS.COM, ITRADEFX.COM, nextstepfinancialholdings.com

Market Traders Institute Inc. (MTI) is a foreign exchange (forex) education and training company based in the Orlando suburb of Lake Mary, Florida.

MarketTraders.com (MTI)

Join live discussion of MarketTraders.com (MTI) on our forum

ontario, Canada,
Aug 15, 2018,

Market Traders rips off student because they want to upgrade me.

First of all the course is very professional and good. my problem is that i bought my course in 2010 at a cost of $3995.00 usd. since the change in computer technology my cd wont work so my $3995.00 usd course is now worth $0.00 cdn. they wanted me to pay over $3000.00 usd to upgrade. i guess $3995.00 usd wasn't enough for them. they should honour their courses.
don't give them your hard earned money. you will regret it. i did and regret it.
UK, United Kingdom,
Jul 24, 2018,

TOO MANY BAD REPORTS TO SIGN UP

Glad I have not been sucked in to the hard sell. With a high price and ongoing costs I have been doing some research and the following maybe of interest to others - I will NOT be signing up!
Sweden,
Apr 22, 2018,

Professional training and education but allways try to pressure you to buy more of their services. Tried to get refund but was denied. They didn´t want to prolong the guranty period after their server stop of 5 days. So my guaranty period was only 55 days instead of 60.
LA, USA,
Feb 7, 2018,

DONT BE FOOLED

This letter explains Only the beginning of this MTI NIGHTMARE.
I'll try to be short winded but I'm beside myself. This is one of many many letters I've sent to "THE CHIEF" supposed MTI guru. FYI I TOOK his Elite course... he guarantees you will make money.3 months and I end about $1000 DOWN.
I was and have been ignored and verbally assaulted by a few of the employees.
I really need a professional person to contact me not James Bishop or Joel or Jeff or Trae all SALESMEN zero customer service skills. I am NOT getting Links to classes I PAID FOR.....So haven't been in a single MTI CLASS and this time around it has been in weeks. It happened constantly. No Access.
This ignoring happens often.

I have a certificate for 1500 that they will NOT HONOR. I thought I had 6 months to a year paid on it chart feed. But No ... and they took away all privileges to resource Center ,all live Trader on demand videos and much more taken away every bit Without my knowledge. ALL THOSE ARE INCLUDED WITH LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP. I asked
Josh to please contact me direct or maybe he can have Matt (his asst is Caitlin )contact me. She referred Me to BRUCE
WHO ACTED professional then said can you hold please .....I said sure. He had the balls to never Return to the phone I called him many times
No answer just message machine and to this day has never called back. That was thanksgiving week 2017 it's now Feb 7,2018 still no response. I have been working with MTI for almost 2 years
I have not made ANY $ at all. With the excitement I felt when I enrolled died quickly and turned out to be a customer service nightmare.
Josh is the Chiefs (owner)Son. I asked him to Please Please help and if he can't then please refund me and let me learn and trade elsewhere. It's not what I want but my home has Went into foreclosure
Narrabeen, Australia,
Nov 18, 2017,

Real Time? Chart DON"T LIE!

at this stage it's rating '0'. Charts don't lie! Quote from one of your 'Advisers'
" In every case, our charts reflect the reality from the time they were created. However, different indicators combined with trading techniques could allow for more than one interpretation of a chart -- which is why we provide many different training programs to allow Forex traders of all trading types to find their best system for the market."
BUL***! Charts CANNOT LIE.
Reply by Eric Johnson MTI submitted Jan 9, 2018:
Eric, thank you for your note. We regret that your experience with Market Traders Institute (MTI) was not what you had desired, but I hope you will reconsider your interest in forex education in the future. We have many successful students who may attest to our high-quality investor education, superior training methods, updated trading technologies, and overall excellence.

I took the time to review your records based on your message, and see that you have had multiple conversations with our account representatives prior to requesting a refund. If you would like to re-engage with any of those representatives to renew your account, you are welcome to do so. While you may have experienced some challenges with our training methods, I assure you that we have numerous students in multiple time zones around the globe who benefit from our MTI education through myriad webinars, courses and programs, and if you choose to take advantage of the opportunity, we welcome you to rejoin one of our webinars to learn more about how you, too, can learn to be a successful forex trader.

As markets evolve, you'll notice that there has been considerable attention paid to cryptocurrencies and their trading and investment potential. MTI offers cryptocurrency courses that help make sense of this new investment opportunity, and this may be a logical re-entry point for you should you consider to move forward with your trading and investment goals.

Again, thank you for reaching out to MTI. We encourage you to remain positive about your trading future and how MTI may help educate you along the way.
Roodepoort, South Africa,
Sep 28, 2017,

Be very careful who you give money to.

After extensive prodding by the recruitment officer, Antwan Wallace, I signed up and paid my $249.00. on the 31st of August 2017. Since the following Monday the 4th of September was a public holliday, there was to be no class and I received an email to that effect. On the Tuesday I was assigned a training officer and I never got to meet him/her I can't remember the name. By the Wednesday I was still out in the cold and I sent an email to Antwan. He kindly phoned me and assured me there is nothing to worry about. I had "lots of time" and he understood very well my feeling of being "just overwhelmed at the whole thing" and that was "quite normal" But I had nothing to worry about because I could get my money back after 60 days If things did not work out. "no questions asked" Well I was assigned another training officer or account manager, I can't quite remember, and again nothing happened. A few days later I opened an email which did not have the identification of MTI and I stumbled upon a training course by the big Chief Himself and I got the impression I should feel honoured and privileged to be in the company of this great man. Well I went along with the modules and got to the 5th or 6th module when I got stuck and needed advice. Well "raising my hand" had no effect because these were prerecorded videos and there was no live tuition. After all I am just a dumb South African. So never mind him. I realised that I was not going to learn much and that the 6 hour time difference is a real problem. I immediately demanded my money back and of course nobody ever gets their money back! The MTI webpage contains an "Ideas" section and it contains numerous complaints of the same nature as my experiences. I was eventually called by Darrel Scott who Did me a big favour to cancel my contract and saved me a fortune if I agreed to forfeit my $249.00. Because after all that is not a lot of money in Mr. Darrel Scott's mind. It only amounts to approximately R3700.00. For a 66 year old man with no pension or financial portfolio in South Africa it is a hell of a lot of money. So take heed that the money back guarantee is worth as much as the paper its written on. Or is it a webpage? worth even less than paper!!!.
Atlanta, GA, USA,
Sep 12, 2017,

MTI SCAMS YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY

I signed up for this training a couple of months ago. I was told that I could sign up with $249 down and $541 starting October 8, 2017 if I write MTI a good review. Once I received the contract it stated that I would have to commit to so many hours of training in order to receive a refund of the down payment. I looked at the training and decided it wasn't working for me, mainly because they do not have any mobile support. Friday (3 business days ago) I received an email (several emails in fact from Friday until Sunday) stating that my card would be charged $199.00 in three days if I did not reply CANCEL to the email. I replied CANCEL each time, and they still deducted $199.00 from my bank account. I have been trying to call them since 8 am. I have currently been on hold for over an hour. I even tried calling and emailing Christian Murphy (the sales rep who signed me up) with no success.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY YOUR MONEY, YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR YOUR BANK CARD INFORMATION.
Reply by Eric Johnson MTI submitted Dec 1, 2017:
Pamela, thank you for your feedback about Market Traders Institute (MTI), leaders in trading technologies and investment education. We regret that you did not enjoy your experience with MTI, and would welcome a chance to resolve your issues and potentially win back your trust. After reviewing your records, it appears you signed up for our Target Trading 2.0 product Aug. 10 and received the Trade Copier free for a one-month trial. The offer came with a 60-day satisfaction guarantee. You made a request to cancel the Target Trading 2.0 project on Sept. 14, which is within the 60 days. You also requested a $199 refund on the monthly price of the Trade Copier after your free month trial was complete. That $199 refund is reflected in our records.

I’d like to learn more about what happened with your request to get a full refund on the Target Trading 2.0 course. Please contact me directly to discuss your issue. You may reach me by email at matt.trader@markettraders.com.
Yanbu RC, Saudi Arabia,
Sep 9, 2017,

Best educational institute with the best experts has the most effective sales strategy (Their sales strategy effects their students negatively and it is main cause of delaying the success of the majority) . In one week they may promote 4 or 5 courses giving you the feeling that: "This course will solve all your problems". (Notice that the same expert my promote two or three courses in the same week encouraging the students to buy without saying: If you have that course you do not need this course). While they ask you to focus on one or two strategies to be successful, they disturb you COMPLETELY with forcing you to jump from course to course.) They do not mind if you buy 4 courses in one week. It is not easy to recommend them unless they change their sales strategy. They can have more students and more income from sales if their experts find a way better than acting as salesmen . I gained from the wisdom of FX Chief more than I gained from the education. I will continue with MTI but will be very careful when they promote new material or courses. Buy less courses you make more profits. Continue with MTI .
Reply by Eric Johnson MTI submitted Dec 1, 2017:
Thank you for your feedback about Market Traders Institute (MTI), leaders in trading technologies and investment education. We’re happy you “gained from the wisdom of FX Chief” during your education with MTI, and we hope you’ll take advantage of additional learning opportunities along the way. The sales strategy you mention in your message is simply our way of offering a variety of learning options to our clients, some of whom are trying to match their trading personalities with the tools and techniques available to achieve the greatest results. Thank you for continuing your trading education with MTI. We look forward to helping you achieve success. Please feel free to to reach out anytime at matt.trader@markettraders.com.
Manila, Philippines,
Aug 29, 2017,

RIP-OFF ARTISTS!!!!

The only thing good about MTI is they bait you to buy into their programs by painting a rosy picture of consistent profits but really is worthless. I lost all my trades that I copied from their so-called experts. Very poor customer service, its really all self-study which you can access in the internet for free, plain and simple RIP-OFF ARTISTS! Never gave me back my refund. Trust me if you want to burn your money sign-up with these guys.
Reply by Eric Johnson MTI submitted Dec 1, 2017:
Andrew, thank you for your feedback about Market Traders Institute (MTI), leaders in trading technologies and investment education. We regret that you did not enjoy your experience with MTI, and we welcome a chance to clarify any misunderstandings and win back your trust. Could we talk about your personal experience with the trade copier and your expectations as an MTI student? Please contact me directly to discuss these issues. You may reach me by email at matt.trader@markettraders.com.
Fl, USA,
Jul 28, 2017,

Bad Ethics

Training is poor. They loop you in on a sales job with guise of a free trial but then have hidden in the fine print that you must go through 6 months of daily lessons to get your refund. People there arent ethical and dont bave christian values.
Reply by Eric Johnson MTI submitted Dec 1, 2017:
Thank you for your feedback about Market Traders Institute (MTI), leaders in trading technologies and investment education. While we understand that you may be frustrated with your inability to benefit from our training, we have successfully led tens of thousands of clients to better understand Forex trading by virtue of our webinars, courses and ongoing learning opportunities. Perhaps you were distracted during the training, or did not fully comprehend that this journey takes a lot of dedication and hard work to master. We take issue with your characterization of our training methods, and hope you will reconsider your opinion of MTI as you move forward with a desire to learn and earn as a trader. Please contact me directly to discuss your issue in greater detail. We’d like to hear from you. You may reach me by email at matt.trader@markettraders.com.