TradingAcademy.com (Mike McMahon) Review Visit site

Join live discussion of TradingAcademy.com (Mike McMahon) on our forum

esteves, USA,
Jul 4, 2018,

Why do they need me?

If their system is so great, what do they need me for? Why are they not simply making tons of money with their "system" and keeping it to themselves?
NJ, USA,
May 26, 2018,

They teach you nothing, but bogus technical analysis, They may even convince you to sell your blue chips to trade which has cost me over 110K if I would have held my AMZN.
May 23, 2018,

Scam

I'm posting this as like so many, I feel aggrieved at the service I received from Online Trading Academy.
Firstly, I signed up for a 'free' seminar that was hosted by a gentleman who wouldn't be amiss on TOWIE....gave him the benefit of doubt as the Councillor 'salesman' was fairly knowledgeable.
I paid £200 for the all important next stage.
3 days at the same tired, old, depressing looking industrial unit.
I was constantly bombarded with calls and emails prior to the 3 day event. I was asked to complete a very intrusive questionnaire type thing that I found very odd. I was also grilled by my newly assigned 'counsellor/coach' (they couldn't even make up their mind as to what they were called. Let's call them sales prevention officers for the time being.
So, I attend the 3 day selling event where I am very entertained by the seemingly knowledgeable presenter. He doesn't want us to get screwed over and showed us how we could be earning millions in the next 2 years by following their patented (but not in the UK) methodology.
All this comes at a cost that would make even the Hinduja family wince.
My coach, Jordan, was clearly not making any money from trading as why would he dress and look as he does and waste a weekend working to 'not sell me' this amazing education. Oh, hello, are you stupid guys. If he could make £200k pa trading do you think he'd be wearing battered shoes, terrible hair cut and even consider wasting his weekend working.......
A special mention must go to Pearl or Opal or Gem...can't remember her name but she is the 'finance' person. What an absolutely rude, unhelpful and utterly ridiculous consumer facing employee. She alone was enough to put me off.
Big red flag from me. Not sure their selling techniques are even legal particularly their financing over promising.
Waste of money and time.
Had a cursory look at their accounts and they have filed losses amounting to over £2m during the last few years. Maybe the company itself should practice what it preaches and trade those very substantial losses away.
Toronto, Canada,
Apr 13, 2018,

Excellent Trading Education; It will change your life. Try it before judging.

I would like to provide the full story:
I attended their half day workshop. It was somewhat informative, but not detailed enough. Then I signed up for the 3 day Market Timing Orientation course. I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of information provided by the Instructor during these 3 days.
Did I become a professional trader after this course? No. No one can become a professional on any profession in few days, speak of a Doctor, Engineer, Nurse or a TTC operator. It takes practice, persistence, education and coaching to be successful. This expectation was setup very clearly by the Education Counselor in the Academy before the 3 day course.
I really saw the value in their courses (little skeptical though) and signed up for the Wealth Solution. And once you attend their longer classes and XLT programs, you will be blown away by the amount of information, practice, quality of instructors, live practice labs and not to mention the most friendly and helpful staff. I have been very happy with the Academy and have contributed significantly to my Trading and Financial Life.
Don't listen to me or anyone else: Try for yourself and you will be amazed.
nj, USA,
Apr 5, 2018,

High Pressure sales tactics. Their so-called "Core strategy" is nothing but a support and resistance chart which every trader already knows or a newbie can find on a free you tube video . The 5 day class is worth only the croissants and coffee they provide-nothing else. Save your money or even lose money actually trading, so you will learn. Paying this fraud company will not teach you anything
Toronto, Canada,
Feb 6, 2018,

Can you afford Online Trading Academy Solutions programs?

1 day Free "teaching" is just a sale of their $300+tax 3-days orientation course. Also they say it's a discount out of $999 value course which you take today or don't take at all. Does it sounds to you as cheap selling trick which is disgusting for respected school? They give actually good picture of the situation with banks and on the market for general understanding, so if to close your eyes on pushing sale program, it can be useful for novice people on the market - I'd say eye-opening how much you need to know before you get into anything financial. And some advices were quite useful, so I cannot say that I regret about paying $300, even though I'd say that this program is overpriced for the value.
You won't get real knowledge of "tricks" in trading on that 3-day orientation - it's set up so that you understand how much you don't know what they can teach you and what consequences if you are on market without their strategy. I think their education should have some value. The question - can everybody afford to pay that much and if you can get success more than loses following their strategy? Nobody knows what exactly will be next turn. So there are loses always. The question if their strategy, sold for so expensive price, can be assuring that wins are more than loses? No, there is no guarantee. But if you are on the market, you cannot avoid loses 100%. Then to know the strategy can increase your chances to be successful, but not guarantee. So how much you would pay for the increasing the chance to get more profit than loses?

And again - the same disgusting sell trick - if you sign up TODAY (!), you will get it by ~40% discount. It's huge money studying, but you must decide it "today"!

Now about the "discounted" prices
The pick is Mastermind program which includes 4 programs, including Core, Futures or (!) Forex and 2 wealth management programs (how to save and not to lose money). It's 59,000 + tax, they claim that full price is $107,000+tax.
3 programs cost 34,000+tax (with discount) out of 62,000+tax and 2 programs cost 27,000+tax out of 42,000+tax. Is it small money to invest?
But you have to decide TODAY or you don't get the discount.

They have financing: 25% down and 5.9% for 6-mon financing , 12.9% for 1 year financing and 17.9% for 2 years financing on remaining amount after paying 25% down.
So you choose 3 programs for example and it's $38,420 after tax. .So $9605 downpayment ("today only"!) and $4881/mon if 6 mon, $2573 of 12 months, $1437/mon if 24 months. You start paying before you can make any money, before you start studying (they can create groups within a month or even two - not "tomorrow" .
And there are different "add-on" and plus you need minimal $5000 on your account to start trading and make some small money.
Can you afford it? Can you make such decisions "today"?
Is it really valuable and is worth the money?
I don't think they need students even - they make money on financing of the study. I don't see reviews of their successful students - they should have a lot of them after years of school existence.
You cannot get to see the schedule of lessons before you are enrolled - you cannot even consider your availability before you sign.
They even didn't advise about trading software at $300 course - no question was answered. Only if you are enrolled and sign up "today"
I hate those who offer even good things with such pressure. It reminds me about scam organizations developing everywhere - in traveling, for example. Sign up today and get obligation to pay.
NEW YORK, USA,

KEEP FAR FAR AWAY
Houston , USA,
Dec 31, 2017,

Please DO NOT BELIEVE THIS SCAMMERS

To late... I let my husband to get into this scammers 2 years ago... after 20K paid to them, 25K lost trading he gets back to them to ask for questions and reasons why... well they asked him to get to the “magic Mastemind” in order to get to the real deal... but they have never, ever been there for the students. Now Tatiana with the Mastermind and a credit of 10K extras for that acces, we lost all the money, he is as frustrated as he can be, I am thinking of how to act legally (although I guess they OTA has all this already covered) and about to loose it all. If someone has been able to act legally please give me an advice.
San Antonio, Texas, USA,
Sep 27, 2017,

Why OTA is a great investment

I have been a student of Online Trading Academy (OTA) since May of this year (2017). I cannot tell you how wonderful, patient and supportive I have found both the staff and instructors to be. I will straight up tell you, I am a handful.... Being from the Midwest it is in my nature to tell you if I'm unhappy, if I disagree with you, etc. so for me to post a stellar review is more the exception than the rule for a company....

I graduated from college with a criminal justice major (Bachelors) and Paralegal Certification (Master's Certification). In my 30's I raised my children (stay at home mom) and in my 40's I became a teacher... I have absolutely NO BACKGROUND IN FINANANCE, Business, etc. When I saw the process on how they teach us to trade in the 3 day class I was blown away cuz there's a specific step-by-step process that ANYONE can do.... I have continued to be impressed by the support provided. There are literally HUNDREDS of videos to watch to reinforce what you've been taught and then you can take advanced videos to expand your knowledge base. As a former math and special education teacher I can tell you that success comes from consistent practice and this is what makes OTA so amazing!

For the few posts I have read where people were unhappy I am inclined to think they did not reach out to the staff and get the support that is available. I have called and been assisted with various tasks, such as uploading a trading platform, getting help on how to use worksheets, and what videos to watch before taking an upcoming class so I will be better able to understand the content. When I signed up I included my 15 year old who will be taking classes next summer and I have NO DOUBT he will do extremely well.... He is in school, he knows how to study, and the motivation to succeed is reinforced with the community provided by OTA, such as the mastermind group (this is an upgrade where regular/novice students, such as myself, have access to teachers and highly successful students wherein I can ask questions, read blogs on how other's succeeded, get tips for trades, etc.

What I am impressed also with this company is that if you DON'T upgrade to the mastermind level (and not everyone can afford it) when taking the classes, the teachers provide their email addresses to send them questions or get feedback on trades AND we are provided with information on which FREE WEBSITES outside of OTA we can use to assist us in evaluating assets/trades. Mastermind is not a goal that we students are told we need to purchase to be successful. Honestly, there’s a reason some people are successful and others aren’t and it’s not because of where they were educated….

I could continue to go on and on and on but I think my point has been made. This is a company that cares about the success of its students, is constantly updating its software and worksheets, and has responded to my phone calls/questions which quite honestly have been on border-panic mode a couple times.

Definitely would give 10 stars if I could.

Monica Maryland
Buckley, USA,
Sep 13, 2017,

Reading about many who are unhappy with their experience at OTA.Cannot comment on any of the offices except Bellevue Wa where i took my training.Since these are franchises i have no doubt that some may be better than others.My experience at the Bellevue office was very professional.No pushy sales pitches,and Eric who gave the introductory class is clearly a successful trader.Learning to be a successful trader has been the hardest endeavor i have ever taken on,but the financial and time rewards are hard to beat.I still attend the live webinar trading sessions with OTA instructors as they enter live trades for all attending.You cannot fake a live trade,when all of us are on our own live accounts,so i can assure you their patented trading system works.Professionals of all kinds go to college for years to make the big money.Trading is no different.To make an income like that of an attorney or a doctor you will have to invest in yourself as they do.