TradingAcademy.com Review

Mike McMahon

Updated: May 22, 2020 · Visit site  · Is this your company?

Online Trading Academy offers Forex, Stocks, Futures, Options trading training. Online Trading Academy offers free online classes as well as paid longer courses.

TradingAcademy.com
2020-02-12:  The US Federal Trade Commission has filed a suit against Online Trading Academy for running an investment trading scheme.  CLICK HERE to see the latest details.
Formerly OnlineTradingAcademy.com (OTA)

Join live discussion of TradingAcademy.com on our forum

Mike,
May 21, 2020,

Scam

Under investigation by the Federal Trade Commission and rightly so.
Price gauging & over priced courses
Manipulative selling /targing vulnerable people
Putting people into debt
Pressure selling
Misrepresentation
Instructors & many staff are ex-students who failed to make a living trading.
Most instructors are ex-students & never were professional traders

tradeing,
uk, United Kingdom,
Mar 11, 2020,

EXPENSIVE & NO GETTING RESULTS

They're been investigated for fraud in the USA. I know someone who's been there after many years still no making any money after spending over 20K

John J,
Atlanta, Ga, USA,
Feb 5, 2020,

Scam on trading Stay Away

The cost of there service is as follows:
Core Strategy $6000 (with XLT $11000
Forex $11000 with an Extended learning track (XLT)
Futures $11000 with (XLT)
Strategic Investing $11000 with (XLT)
Options $11000 with (XLT)
After you get into these they will try to continuously up sell you to all assets.
Once you get 3 they will tell you that you need Mastermind for another $25000 which will include on of the courses above with an XLT.
All in their courses will run you $65000 and you have not even funded a trading account yet.
Stocks and options you are held to the PDT rule and must have a $25000 account for you to trade. Futures and Forex accounts do not need that amount of funding.
Remember you pay and not guaranteed to make money.
Invest your $65000 and educate yourself through Investopedia.

They are a big money company with high pressure salesman, they call them educational coaches. They sell you the dreams you are looking for with no guarantees.

I suggest you stay away and save your money!
Monty Ritchings,
Aug 19, 2019,

A waste of a lot of money unless you already know how to invest

Lifetime educational experience... if you can get back into a course. They say you can keep coming back to take courses, unfortunately they are so busy getting new students there is little room for you once you are past the gate.
The online videos are a joke. The trainers for the most part couldn't train someone to use toilet paper. Their style is unprofessional and the information is out of date compared to other institutions.
Just a money grab in my books... and they take lots!

Aug 19, 2019,

Excellent Trading Education for regular person

Online Trading Academy has done something, no other company did yet. It exposes the reality of the securities Market (Forex, Futures, Stocks, ETFs etc) and teaches how to make money trading the various asset classes. It's also perfect for high networth individuals to protect and grow their wealth in a very controlled and self directed way.
The office and staff are very friendly and helpful. The lifetime education concept of OTA is truly unique and unmatched.

Apr 13, 2018 - 5 Stars I would like to provide the full story:
I attended their half day workshop. It was somewhat informative, but not detailed enough. Then I signed up for the 3 day Market Timing Orientation course. I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of information provided by the Instructor during these 3 days.
Did I become a professional trader after this course? No. No one can become a professional on any profession in few days, speak of a Doctor, Engineer, Nurse or a TTC operator. It takes practice, persistence, education and coaching to be successful. This expectation was setup very clearly by the Education Counselor in the Academy before the 3 day course.
I really saw the value in their courses (little skeptical though) and signed up for the Wealth Solution. And once you attend their longer classes and XLT programs, you will be blown away by the amount of information, practice, quality of instructors, live practice labs and not to mention the most friendly and helpful staff. I have been very happy with the Academy and have contributed significantly to my Trading and Financial Life.
Don't listen to me or anyone else: Try for yourself and you will be amazed.

Mo,
Aug 17, 2019,

Big scam, avoid, avoid avoid

I still can’t believe this company is still running in the uk, if you look at their books, they are loosing money hand over fist. The funny thing about this place, they operate out of a crappy little industrial estate in St Albans, it’s tired and worn out like their staff. They are unethical sales people, even calling them sales people is harsh on salespeople. I have been to their half day class and the three day. They really don’t know what they are talking about. It’s all a ploy to gain trust, then they get you to complete a form to tell them where you sit financially, which they then use to establish who from their pre has the most amount of money and who they will target, I have seen them at this three day class, sign up pensioners spending their life’s savings. It’s disgusting and should not be allowed. The positive reviews on here are clearly fake. Who in their right mind would work the hours they do, if they were traders, there’s a massive red flag there. Save your money.

May 17, 2019,

If there was a better name for bait and switch, I would have used it to describe this establishment. It is a shame at the dawn of the 21st century for businesses like this still using these pretentious tactics to rob people on the basis of ignorance. I am an entrepreneur at heart, I have been self-employed for many years. I am a father of four children and my wife does not work; so, I am hustling every day to make ends meet. When I found OTA and sat with the Education Counselor for the first time, base on what she told me, I thought I had been missing out on life. What planet was I living in for never heard about such a phenomenal opportunity? and so, this thought followed me for about three weeks to the day of my orientation when I met with the front runner teacher who drove it home for me.

So, I got hooked. I saw the big picture, one day I will get to live in a neighborhood of celebrities like the professor whose neighbor is Micheal Phelps and making millions a year. You see, I am not saying this is impossible. I do believe it can happen to most of us, but not on the premise of a mere strategy taught by OTA. Let's face it, the biggest selling point of OTA is the strategy that they use, which they claimed to be patented. Because I was new to trading, I started to investigate different pattern strategies to trade. First, all experts in the field know that there is not one magic strategy. There is no one glove fits all. Speaking of risk management, there are professionals out there who are trading without using stops and it works very well for them as well.

This is a fallacy I encountered during my initial conversation with the counselor, she assured me that I was going to start making money alongside a Pro (Pro/Picks) by duplicating what he or she will be doing. I was so motivated that I went out and bought an Optiplex computer with two monitors believing that I will be making money at the same time I am learning. I got frustrated on the second day when I realized that the concept was convuluted. My program was about $19,000.00 for two classes, Features, and Forex; five days each. I was on a payment installment plan; so, $3,000.00 was taken from my account plus the $200.00 for the orientation.

Thus, after the two weeks training was over, I spent another two weeks getting familiar with the demo accounts on the platforms, Oanda and TradeStation. First, I realized that their version of TradeStation was outdated and their strategy does not stand a chance on the Forex platform. I was like Moses looking at the promised land, but will not enter it. So, I called the counselor to let her that I am not doing any further education and that the contract must be ceased and deceased. A couple of days later, I heard from headquater, which told me that I have consumed education material for more than $16,000.00 and therefore, that is what I owed the school.

My argument was, you have lied to me. Your company literally led me to believe that I was going to make enough money to pay the school installments and have some left over to take care of my family. I pleaded with him to keep the $3,200.00 and call it off, but he refused, and now, my credit is ruined with a debt of $16,000.00. Not only they shattered my credit, but debt collectors are calling me left and right, all thanks to OTA. So, let me ask you a question, do you want to be in my shoe? The last shocking news I got is: THEY ARE NOT A BBB REGISTERED MEMBER!

Ron,
Buckley, USA,
Mar 2, 2019,

update to previous review

OTA IS NOT A SCAM!!! This a follow up to my first review of several months back,where i stated if you want to become a doctor or lawyer or engineer or professional pilot you need to go to school and work hard and graduate and then get additional on the job training. That takes desire, discipline,dedication and plain hard work.Do not spew this junk about which you know nothing.I have been with OTA for four years and i am now making more money than i as a retired construction worker could have ever dreamed of.I am averaging over 1k a day,So do please try to convinced me im being scammed!!!..Was it easy to get where i am ?NO.It has been the hardest thing i have ever taken on,Hundreds of hours studying the charts and watching caring instructors take LIVE trade while i followed along on my own trading platform which is totally mine and being controlled by me.And by the way, many of ota-s students i talk with are doctors,lawyers,engineers,pilots etc.And then some like myself are laborers,construction workers,store clerks,bartenders housewives,real estate brokers,assembly line workers etc etc etc.We all have one thing in common,we wanted to become professional traders and we refused to take no for an answer.So if meet an OTA rep or instructor etc whom i dont like i move on and find one or more i do like.And by the way 1k a day is chicken feed for some of the instructors and fellow students i know.Look,,, if you want a piece of this pie,apply yourself,do not take no for an answer.Get professional help. A doctor is not allowed to operate on you unless trained, nor an engineer to design a bridge unless trained,nor a pilot put at the controls of a 767 unless trained..Trading is a highly skilled profession and you will not learn it free from youtube nor will you learn it from a book,,ie doctor,lawyer,engineer,pilot---on the job training- after- the book work.The choice is entirely yours,do you have what it takes?

Sep 13, 2017 - 5 Stars Reading about many who are unhappy with their experience at OTA.Cannot comment on any of the offices except Bellevue Wa where i took my training.Since these are franchises i have no doubt that some may be better than others.My experience at the Bellevue office was very professional.No pushy sales pitches,and Eric who gave the introductory class is clearly a successful trader.Learning to be a successful trader has been the hardest endeavor i have ever taken on,but the financial and time rewards are hard to beat.I still attend the live webinar trading sessions with OTA instructors as they enter live trades for all attending.You cannot fake a live trade,when all of us are on our own live accounts,so i can assure you their patented trading system works.Professionals of all kinds go to college for years to make the big money.Trading is no different.To make an income like that of an attorney or a doctor you will have to invest in yourself as they do.

Joe yanofsky,
Jan 14, 2019,

I attended a seminar was told the 3 day class was all I needed, then told that was only basic and I would have to take more training. If it was so easy to make money financialy why would they have a million dollar worldwide training company, like they
say in their disclaimor "nothing is guaranteed" yes there is the money you paid for their training, nothing more then a scam

Wael,
Netherlands,
Oct 7, 2018,

OTA student review

I’m going to share my own experience with trading and OTA (Online Trading Academy) mentioning that my goal is to be a full-time trader. Currently I’m working as sr. software engineer at brokerage firm in Europe.

I’m following OTA years ago but I didn’t join it at that time cause of the cost and also the reviews on the internet at that time. So, I decided to educate myself and took some other cheaper courses but I always felt that I miss other things because my trading results wasn’t that good. So, a year ago I decided to join OTA but really slowly to evaluate my education investment mentioning that I have some trading experience or that’s what I thought. I enrolled only in one course with OTA which is Core Strategy. After I finished it I gain a huge amount of information which I didn’t know before. After that I decided to continue with the other courses with OTA and join MasterMind program. Thanks for OTA-Dubai management team and education counselor. They helped me to arrange my education track to fit with my plan and provided me with all the tools and ideas to reach my goal as quickly as possible. When I joined MasterMind program, I figured out there are information, trading ideas and trading strategies more than I would even ever think about it. For sure I’m so happy with my education investment because my trading results started to become better. Now I’m at the end of my track but do you think the education stops here? No, the best thing in OTA is that they have community of students, experienced students and instructors which provide new trade ideas and discuss it every single day.

Finally, Trading is like any career, you need to invest time, effort and money to reach your goal. If you want to take trading as your career or part-time trader so, OTA is excellent choice. On the other hand, if you want to take trading as hobby and copy trade ideas from other people so, OTA is good place but you will need some time to receive reward for your education investment.

juan,
esteves, USA,
Jul 4, 2018,

Why do they need me?

If their system is so great, what do they need me for? Why are they not simply making tons of money with their "system" and keeping it to themselves?

William Taylor,
NJ, USA,
May 26, 2018,

They teach you nothing, but bogus technical analysis, They may even convince you to sell your blue chips to trade which has cost me over 110K if I would have held my AMZN.

Anon,
May 23, 2018,

Scam

I'm posting this as like so many, I feel aggrieved at the service I received from Online Trading Academy.
Firstly, I signed up for a 'free' seminar that was hosted by a gentleman who wouldn't be amiss on TOWIE....gave him the benefit of doubt as the Councillor 'salesman' was fairly knowledgeable.
I paid £200 for the all important next stage.
3 days at the same tired, old, depressing looking industrial unit.
I was constantly bombarded with calls and emails prior to the 3 day event. I was asked to complete a very intrusive questionnaire type thing that I found very odd. I was also grilled by my newly assigned 'counsellor/coach' (they couldn't even make up their mind as to what they were called. Let's call them sales prevention officers for the time being.
So, I attend the 3 day selling event where I am very entertained by the seemingly knowledgeable presenter. He doesn't want us to get screwed over and showed us how we could be earning millions in the next 2 years by following their patented (but not in the UK) methodology.
All this comes at a cost that would make even the Hinduja family wince.
My coach, Jordan, was clearly not making any money from trading as why would he dress and look as he does and waste a weekend working to 'not sell me' this amazing education. Oh, hello, are you stupid guys. If he could make £200k pa trading do you think he'd be wearing battered shoes, terrible hair cut and even consider wasting his weekend working.......
A special mention must go to Pearl or Opal or Gem...can't remember her name but she is the 'finance' person. What an absolutely rude, unhelpful and utterly ridiculous consumer facing employee. She alone was enough to put me off.
Big red flag from me. Not sure their selling techniques are even legal particularly their financing over promising.
Waste of money and time.
Had a cursory look at their accounts and they have filed losses amounting to over £2m during the last few years. Maybe the company itself should practice what it preaches and trade those very substantial losses away.

nj, USA,
Apr 5, 2018,

High Pressure sales tactics. Their so-called "Core strategy" is nothing but a support and resistance chart which every trader already knows or a newbie can find on a free you tube video . The 5 day class is worth only the croissants and coffee they provide-nothing else. Save your money or even lose money actually trading, so you will learn. Paying this fraud company will not teach you anything

Feb 6, 2018,

Can you afford Online Trading Academy Solutions programs?

1 day Free "teaching" is just a sale of their $300+tax 3-days orientation course. Also they say it's a discount out of $999 value course which you take today or don't take at all. Does it sounds to you as cheap selling trick which is disgusting for respected school? They give actually good picture of the situation with banks and on the market for general understanding, so if to close your eyes on pushing sale program, it can be useful for novice people on the market - I'd say eye-opening how much you need to know before you get into anything financial. And some advices were quite useful, so I cannot say that I regret about paying $300, even though I'd say that this program is overpriced for the value.
You won't get real knowledge of "tricks" in trading on that 3-day orientation - it's set up so that you understand how much you don't know what they can teach you and what consequences if you are on market without their strategy. I think their education should have some value. The question - can everybody afford to pay that much and if you can get success more than loses following their strategy? Nobody knows what exactly will be next turn. So there are loses always. The question if their strategy, sold for so expensive price, can be assuring that wins are more than loses? No, there is no guarantee. But if you are on the market, you cannot avoid loses 100%. Then to know the strategy can increase your chances to be successful, but not guarantee. So how much you would pay for the increasing the chance to get more profit than loses?

And again - the same disgusting sell trick - if you sign up TODAY (!), you will get it by ~40% discount. It's huge money studying, but you must decide it "today"!

Now about the "discounted" prices
The pick is Mastermind program which includes 4 programs, including Core, Futures or (!) Forex and 2 wealth management programs (how to save and not to lose money). It's 59,000 + tax, they claim that full price is $107,000+tax.
3 programs cost 34,000+tax (with discount) out of 62,000+tax and 2 programs cost 27,000+tax out of 42,000+tax. Is it small money to invest?
But you have to decide TODAY or you don't get the discount.

They have financing: 25% down and 5.9% for 6-mon financing , 12.9% for 1 year financing and 17.9% for 2 years financing on remaining amount after paying 25% down.
So you choose 3 programs for example and it's $38,420 after tax. .So $9605 downpayment ("today only"!) and $4881/mon if 6 mon, $2573 of 12 months, $1437/mon if 24 months. You start paying before you can make any money, before you start studying (they can create groups within a month or even two - not "tomorrow" .
And there are different "add-on" and plus you need minimal $5000 on your account to start trading and make some small money.
Can you afford it? Can you make such decisions "today"?
Is it really valuable and is worth the money?
I don't think they need students even - they make money on financing of the study. I don't see reviews of their successful students - they should have a lot of them after years of school existence.
You cannot get to see the schedule of lessons before you are enrolled - you cannot even consider your availability before you sign.
They even didn't advise about trading software at $300 course - no question was answered. Only if you are enrolled and sign up "today"
I hate those who offer even good things with such pressure. It reminds me about scam organizations developing everywhere - in traveling, for example. Sign up today and get obligation to pay.

SHARON,

Tatiana Silva,
Houston , USA,
Dec 31, 2017,

Please DO NOT BELIEVE THIS SCAMMERS

To late... I let my husband to get into this scammers 2 years ago... after 20K paid to them, 25K lost trading he gets back to them to ask for questions and reasons why... well they asked him to get to the “magic Mastemind” in order to get to the real deal... but they have never, ever been there for the students. Now Tatiana with the Mastermind and a credit of 10K extras for that acces, we lost all the money, he is as frustrated as he can be, I am thinking of how to act legally (although I guess they OTA has all this already covered) and about to loose it all. If someone has been able to act legally please give me an advice.

San Antonio, Texas, USA,
Sep 27, 2017,

Why OTA is a great investment

I have been a student of Online Trading Academy (OTA) since May of this year (2017). I cannot tell you how wonderful, patient and supportive I have found both the staff and instructors to be. I will straight up tell you, I am a handful.... Being from the Midwest it is in my nature to tell you if I'm unhappy, if I disagree with you, etc. so for me to post a stellar review is more the exception than the rule for a company....

I graduated from college with a criminal justice major (Bachelors) and Paralegal Certification (Master's Certification). In my 30's I raised my children (stay at home mom) and in my 40's I became a teacher... I have absolutely NO BACKGROUND IN FINANANCE, Business, etc. When I saw the process on how they teach us to trade in the 3 day class I was blown away cuz there's a specific step-by-step process that ANYONE can do.... I have continued to be impressed by the support provided. There are literally HUNDREDS of videos to watch to reinforce what you've been taught and then you can take advanced videos to expand your knowledge base. As a former math and special education teacher I can tell you that success comes from consistent practice and this is what makes OTA so amazing!

For the few posts I have read where people were unhappy I am inclined to think they did not reach out to the staff and get the support that is available. I have called and been assisted with various tasks, such as uploading a trading platform, getting help on how to use worksheets, and what videos to watch before taking an upcoming class so I will be better able to understand the content. When I signed up I included my 15 year old who will be taking classes next summer and I have NO DOUBT he will do extremely well.... He is in school, he knows how to study, and the motivation to succeed is reinforced with the community provided by OTA, such as the mastermind group (this is an upgrade where regular/novice students, such as myself, have access to teachers and highly successful students wherein I can ask questions, read blogs on how other's succeeded, get tips for trades, etc.

What I am impressed also with this company is that if you DON'T upgrade to the mastermind level (and not everyone can afford it) when taking the classes, the teachers provide their email addresses to send them questions or get feedback on trades AND we are provided with information on which FREE WEBSITES outside of OTA we can use to assist us in evaluating assets/trades. Mastermind is not a goal that we students are told we need to purchase to be successful. Honestly, there’s a reason some people are successful and others aren’t and it’s not because of where they were educated….

I could continue to go on and on and on but I think my point has been made. This is a company that cares about the success of its students, is constantly updating its software and worksheets, and has responded to my phone calls/questions which quite honestly have been on border-panic mode a couple times.

Definitely would give 10 stars if I could.

Monica Maryland

Sep 12, 2017,

Worth Every Penny or Better Yet - Every Star!

I take great exception to the comments that have been posted. I have been an OTA student for a few years now. While the education I received was not cheap, it was worth every penny! The level of education that you will receive from OTA is on the level of a college education or post college degree. You will learn what you need to know to trade the markets successfully. I also bought the Mastermind Community package, and in the Mastermind Community, I and other students meet online, share trades, trade strategies and other trade ideas in student-led sessions, as well as sessions led by OTA instructors. In fact, I led a session last Thursday in the Mastermind Community, with other mastermind students, and found a trade setup on the AUDCAD that met entry, proceeded to target and made 95 pips. OTA teaches you a repeatable process to make money in the Forex markets. As they say, you can either donate your money to the market or pay for education that will enable you to make the market PAY YOU! I prefer to make the market pay me.

Alex qu,
Utah, USA,
Jul 22, 2017,

Not worth it.

Im totally an newbie on trading but i was reading some books on it before jumping i.in the market and made some money but it wasnt fast enough for ms and i was hoping to find an class that could teach me on how to trade better then i find OTA. On July of 2017. Went to their 1/2 free seminar hoping to learn something but it was nothing but a sale pitch. Since i didnt know much amd the price for theirbmarket timing class wasnt that much I end up paying 300 for their market timing class hoping to learn something new. Well well well. During the first two day of the class. 99% of the time the instructor talked nothing but how great their school is. As of July 2017. They charge 23000 for their core plus a leverage class(i can probably get an college assocoate degree with that money or i can even use that money as a house down payment or even buy a car) I didnt even bother to go on the last day since i know i wont learn anything new. What a time waste. I could just buy an book and that wont cost me 300 dollar.... Thanks for nothing OTA

Jun 14, 2017,

Silly Sales Tactic

This place is a joke. Don't even bother going to half day sales pitch. That would be waste of your time. I attended free half day workshop for Online trading academy in Toronto. That half day 'course' is like others mention, just sales pitch. The instructor talk about the stuff that I already knew, how wall st. wants us to be on the other side and that they would make money off of us. And the academy will teach me how to become a "cleaner fish" who eats off of shark's dead skin... And just like other mentioned, they use "door in the foot" technique- first say many times that 3 days course offered at $999 and drastically down to $299 + Tax.
The reason why I signed up for half day orientation was that it was "mandatory" before sign up for their course ($5000 + $2000 for part 2)- which I was going to take. They did not have to try so hard sell me the membership because I already made up my mind to take the course and learn.
The day after I got a phone call from the "education counsellor" asking me all these weird question, including if I had a magic wand and can change one thing, what would that be... is this a joke??
Well, unfortunately, our financial is pretty solid, and we are heavily invested on real estate. I just wanted to learn how to trade and understand those market better not to desperately make money! I told him I have in good place and I just wanted to learn.
They push you for coming into the school for one hour meeting to get to know me and understand my goals including your financial informations. I told him I just wanted to learn and financially I did not need help- just come in for classes . Seems like he was a newbie because he said his goal is to MAKE ME TAKE THE COURSES.LOL
And other guy (more experienced) called again that he was told how I did not want to come in for the "meeting" and did not want to fill out questionnaire ( why do i have to share my financial information with guys that I don't trust? ). And was being very upset saying how he did not know me, and he needed to know me to help me, and how he did not care about the money and he was there to help people and I was not suit for the school and that he needed to cancel my seat. I am so thankful that he mentioned first that he needed to cancel my seat after reading how some people had hard time getting the refund. HAHA
I would have taken the courses and dropped the my money if it wasn't for that pushy phone calls, foot in the door sales techniques, and intrusive questionnaires- that totally threw me off and made me had second thoughts. That was nothing but sales tactic that they used to make me spend money. The counsellor said it himself, that his goal was to make me take courses.. Hmmm.

Mar 28, 2017,

Mastermind Rip-off

Okay...Here is a true review of OTA Toronto and overall in general. I hope it will be helpful for some. If you had some dealings with OTA, you will find that I am writing the truth. My intention is for people to make decisions based on correct information as I see many students who do not even know ABC of computers getting sucked in for 60-80K by OTA. It's a business, not an academy. So, by definition of it, they are in to make profits by sucking in as many students as possible.
Their objective is to suck you into Mastermind eventually. (45K...If you paid more than that, you suck real good...don't worry there are many like that)
1. All 5 star reviews that you see are from OTA students taking the class. They are offered prizes during the class. So, that explains the 5 stars. No institution gets 5 stars from everybody, c'mon be real.
2. Here is how the whole OTA business runs.
2.1) You get sucked into a FREE (don't everybody want it :) ) power trading workshop. When you come in the shop, it's a motivational speech, carefully crafted to get you pumped up to make millions in a year. How do you make millions? Well, they will tell you in next session title "Market Timing". You enrol right there, otherwise the discount they offer will not be available next day. Okay? well, that's their first lie. You can always get the same price. Think about it. It's a business to make money. Market Timing is about 250$. If you paid more than that, well you are a sucker.
2.2) Market Timing - Before you come in for the class, they ask you to fill-up a form to get to know your net worth. This determines how much they will sell the mastermind to you and if you get any discounts.
In the session, they give you snippets of their PATENTED Core strategy (Well, Fancy support/Resistance). It's a 3 day course. They teach (lol! it's a sales pitch instead) you briefly stock, forex, futures and options. Also, how buy and hold doesn't work. In the end, you have sales guy (called Education Counsellor) coming in and share the retail price of the course if you take it same day otherwise price goes to wholesale tomorrow. Retail price is about 50% off. Well, their retail price is the actual price they would sell the courses to biggest sucker. If you are good in negotiations or low net worth, you could get a 25% off.
I observed whites are preferred and get better discounts. So, if you are white, use it your advantage and reap deeper discounts.
2.3) All courses stocks (7days), forex, futures, options have 5 day on-location classes and about 12 XLT online classes.
2.4) Unlimited Retakes - Not really, you only get in if there is no spot left in the classroom training. Generally, that happens for their new instructors, good instructors have their classes filled in pretty quickly. So, you cannot attend those.
2.5) ProPicks - Their winning percentage do not budge even if they have straight 10 losing trades. You only get 1-2 trades per asset class per week.
2.6) Mastermind Supply/Demand Grid - They only tell you levels which do not match their core strategy principles taught in class. Also, they do not share how they came up with levels.
2.7) Market Screener - It only shows symbols, not even levels. So, useless.

Conclusion: If you register for only couple courses, you will notice that your Education Counsellor is always trying to sell you Mastermind every chance they get.
You will also notice that you are missing some parts of core strategy that is only taught to mastermind students, only to realize after you get Mastermind that nah, not worth it.
So, Does their core strategy work? Sure it does. But, not more than any other trading strategies out there. You can learn those from other institues for about 5K. As any trader would know, there are many strategies that works, retracements, breakouts etc. So, core strategy (again fancy support/resistance...you will notice some instructors say that) isn't worth 60K that many students pay for.
If you are still a fan, I would suggest take their pro trader courses (about 8K including XLT) that teaches core strategy and move on. You can learn basic mechanics of Futures, forex from any book and apply core strategy to it. That saves you 50K right there (50K profit, I should say as i am a trader)
Will you be a millionaire by the end of it? Lol..no..but you will start making decent money if you stick to this business for about 2 years.

Know this, it's a business and their profit is based on how much they can sell their courses for. They will make you think about big dreams and that their courses will help you achieve it. But, I would say only about 2% of their students actually do well in about 2 years from start. Generally, you know if you will do well or not. So, if there is any hesitation, walk off, save your retirement money. Deals will always be there if you really crave OTA courses.

One more observation, generally their target is oldies as they have retirement money. But, these students are the ones who do not do well. Why? First off, they don't know computers. Second, they have hard time learning the platform. Third, OTA doesn't help set you up with trading accounts even with their business partners.

I hope this review would be helpful and gives some insight to prospective students that they don't receive from OTA. Existing students, well you paid what you paid, can't do much about it now. It was a business transaction.

Feb 26, 2017,

Pay Someone a Monthly Fee To Send You Trades and Learn From Them Instead.

I made my money in other things,and traded-self taught-and did well. I have a knack for catching large moves based on fundamentals.news,figuring what will happen on the future etc

Attended the free seminar,then paid the $300/3 day course to maybe learn something,as $300 means little to me. If $300 means more to you,just be advised (like others have said) the 3 day course is largely a sales pitch to get you to spend $25-30k on their courses. Because I know about trading,I knew much of what they said was BS.

Like they focus on their patented "supply and demand lines"-they go on and on about how it's patented (which actually means very little) implying that it's something very valuable. They tell wondrous stories about how they use a supercomputer to find supply and demand to put these magical lines on charts that you can use to get rich BUT it relies on candlestick patterns.And if you go online can be bought for cheap and maybe downloaded for free.

Thing is they have the same lines for Forex,and there is no central Forex broker and you can't tell what the volume of sellers vs buyers world wide is,so their system wouldn't work on FX based on just supply and demand...see? I asked the instructor this and he dodged my question,said he'd answer later. He never did,despite me asking several times..

They flashed their trading records for FX,Futures,stocks etc and it was supposedly around 55 to 60 % wins and their risk/reward was about 2 or so which is good BUT in smaller print on the screen was the trades not even taken. Roughly speaking to give an example: typically an asset would be say 580 wins/420 losses or so,but way more than that -1200 or so=other orders that were placed but not even taken.
So you could make the case that their patented system only won 25% of the time.
So what they want you to do is pay huge coin,to be able to sign in to their website and they put up the trades of the day,long term and short term for various FX,futures,stocks,options, etc.

You don't need to attend their week long FX or Futures course to learn how to push the buttons on the broker page. You can start a demo account,read online and figure it out...it's easy. Perhaps they give more details,but you don't need to know how a car and all it's electronics and ABS systems work to drive it...do you?
You don't need to pay $30k for that,if you google you'll find pro traders that for $200+ a month will text and email you trades to take on whatever it is you want to trade. Check them out,check their record.

Because I know the markets,I did however pick up a few helpful points from the instructor,and read between the lines of what he was saying. So for me it was worth it,however another instructor may not give as much info.
But if you know nothing of the markets,you wouldn't notice the things I picked up on-so the $300 would be a waste of time for you.

In the last day of the 3 day thing,the "counsellors" would put sales pressure and pretty much lay guilt trips out. I don't fall for that crap,and told him as much. So in the last hour of the third day,the counsellors interrupted the class purposely to bring out the info packs and fancy case for the people who ponied up...thereby trying to publicly shame those who didn't.
After it was over, several of us who didn't buy were hanging around and I told all of this to them:go online and find an advisor,and learn from them.

So you see,this company is basically a trading advisory service for $30k, when you can fiddle around on a demo account to learn the buttons,and pay pro traders 1% of that a month...and put that $30k into an account instead of seeing it vanish.

Hope this helps.

Drew,
Jan 21, 2017,

DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THIS

Let me share with you the impression I was left with after a 1/2 day OTA class here in Canada. It's a sales pitch. And I believe they'll keep getting money out of you until you've contributed a hefty amount.

The instructor chatted briefly with each of us in the waiting area before the class started. During the brief chat the instructor tried to get an idea of our financial status with some indirect questions. After the class was over neither I nor another attendee were pursued to sign up for the next 3 day class - was that because one of us was unemployed and the other asked if they could start an account with $1,000 rather than $5,000 as they could not afford it. Both of us appeared that we did not have any extra money floating around to be spent on OTA's courses. Meanwhile there was another attendee pursued for further OTA education because he sounded like he had the cash to spend.

When the instructor told us that OTA is selective in who they allow to take their education because they want to ensure a "good fit", I think what they're really doing is choosing those that they think have the money and will spend it on their courses.

As well, the first 3 day course where we are supposed to be doing "live" trading is held on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am not aware of any markets that are open on a Saturday and Sunday. So I knew right off the bat that this 3 day event was not going to be doing live trading, and we likely wouldn't be doing live trading on Friday as that would be the very first day of our learning what to do. So, what do you think happens on the Saturday and Sunday? Likely, more sales pitch for the next 5 day day course. Once you start this investing-in-the-courses process, it's hard to walk away as you've made such an investment already.

And one always has to wonder of the 1/2 day free class instructor, if this such A GREAT way to make money, then why are you teaching this course and pushing sales of it, and not sitting on the beaches of the Virgin Islands, trading on your smartphone, just making money, while watching your kids grow and enjoying life? Why are you HERE pushing this sale?

Ibrahim,
Dec 11, 2016,

This place is a real joke. They don't know anything about trading, it's a big sales pitch, I was recently at one of the 3 hour sales pitches and asked trading questions to one of their sales reps and she didn't have a clue, when I asked what it would cost me she said it depended on what I wished to do, after asking several times I was told a high price range. I have heard far too many negative reviews since going to this sales pitch.