GOMarkets.com.au (Was GOMarketsAus.com) Review Visit site

Join live discussion of GOMarkets.com.au (Was GOMarketsAus.com) on our forum

Adrian,
Adelaide, Australia,
Jun 12, 2016,

Revived an email that due to Brexit the margin requirements will increase from 1-5% over the interim period. So unless I deposit money my account is finished 10k + down the drain. Depositing money is not the problem and I understand the concern with Brexit.

However the email explaining this was sent at 2.45 pm on Friday afternoon 10.6.16 that the margin requirement will begin on the 12.6.16 which is a Sunday. So I ultimately have until 5.30 when businesses close to do something about this and I only got there email at 2.45pm. Keep in mind when I make my deposits its on Thursday's and it generally Dosent reach my go market account til Tuesday's. No way can I get the money to my account in time even with a visa transfer.
Shinty,
India,
May 8, 2010,

Gomarkets shows tight spread margin as per it website, EUR/USD = 1pips, but in real why spread margin high with 2 pips

if company show original spread margin 2 pips so why it show in its webside that spread margin is 1 pis
it is not good
Chris ,
Go Markets,
Aug 18, 2009,

I represent GO markets ands would like to comment on a couple of points listed below.
Obviously we welcome feedback but I would like to clarify a couple of points when we believe them to be unfairly portrayed.

Firstly we dont have slippage on entering and exiting a trade on the MT4 platform, we have instant execution, if the price has moved considerably from the time you click and the time the system receives the click then an order may be refused but we do not slip and refusal of any trades is automated and extremely rare.

Secondly our MT4 platform does have a live news feed streaming through.

Thirdly we are a non dealing desk provider so all of our staff are not dealers for the company but must have a decent product knowledge, if you feel that a member of staff has a lack of knowledge then feel free to let us know as we have high standards and must satisfy our regulators.

Lastly I would like to point out that we do not change spreads for different clients , we run a feed that comes from a list of banks and institutions through Currenex and spreads can and do vary throughout the day as they do for most providers.

I'm not blinkered and I realise that you will find some clients have negative experiences with all providers and also some posts may be from competitors but we do seriously strive to be an honest Forex provider with complete STP of all trades, we also welcome feedback to us directly as we know that there are always things to improve on.

Review Moderation Team Note: We aren't blinkered either and go to great efforts to prevent fake reviews. In this case, we are more concerned that Chris seems to have left 4 and 5 star reviews for GoMarketsAus as...

James, Syndey
pipprofit, Australia
James, Melbourne,Vic,Aus
jake, Canada

Our screening for fake reviews caught these pretty quickly, so they were deleted.

Dave,
Detroit, MI,
Dec 13, 2009,

Fred, I wonder if you compared Go pricing during news with another ECN such as Dukascopy non MT4 platform that shows market depth? Prices can change constantly during news time so a true ECN would show this and there could be instant spikes.
chris,
sydney,
Jul 29, 2009,

i had an account with gomarkets and recieved this phone call from this twat from the company called Paul. He was very rude and aggrresive and he told me that he wont be allowing me to trade with gomarkets as they were having problems with their liquidity providers to hedge against my postions. I have been banned trading with gomarkets for this reason because i was making money overall and have proof of that too.
Overall my experience was gomarkets was a constant array of requotes and invalid prices. They have had several problems with their servers and no one to take your calls at night when u call their number. Another addition to a typical bucket shop. BE WARNED: if you make money with this broker they will manipulate the prices and eventually BAN your trading account.
I did hope to have a decent Australian based broker but unfortunately another scam in progress.
Joh,
Melb, Australia,
Jul 24, 2015,

During NFP platforms mainly freeze after trying repeatedly have given up- do not bother to news trade you waste yr time and FPA FNG does not work. Some Curr.prs have huge spreads. Go Mart discontinue a Curr pr when it suits them no matter you have 2 long term trades on, you bear he brunt and with the CHF fiasco they ripped me off a lot of money You decide if you like this. Good Luck!

2012-04-09 Been with this broker for awhile and there is slippage but yesterday in a quiet morning trading period they charged 10p spread for an A/Y trade- shame on you Go Mart-

I like to add i did withdraw some funds from this broker a few months back and I had no problems - 2 and half stars
emma,
new zealand,
May 20, 2009,

used go forex for about 6 months no problems to speak of , just checked out the new demo platform and quite excited about the spreads.
hope the spreads are the same on the live platform

Review Moderation Team Note: The rating was removed. Please leave a followup with a rating after trading live for a few weeks.
Rich,
Jan 25, 2012,

Was looking to sign up with them, however, their customer service seems to be slow and unimpressive at best. From talking to the customer service, I almost felt he was going to hang up on me any minute.
Paul Hill,
Melbourne,
Aug 29, 2007,

In relation to Uros Umek's comment on our company, you are NOT a client of Pacific Trader Australia so have no idea who you have been trading through. I do however wish you well in pursuing who it is you are using, But would ask you to refrain making negative comments about our company with whom you have no dealings with.
brucewhain,
New York,
Mar 20, 2010,

Believe the problem with delayed execution is the same as was experienced with the preeminent US broker Interbank FX (IBFX) about 5 years ago. They finally notified us that work would be done and shut down for a few days after which the old high speed obtained. (Prior to the shut-down they would never admit in private correspondence that anything was wrong.)

This is probably an indication that GoMarkets is swamped with large orders do to expanding customer base and in need of expensive overhaul to allow liquidity in high volume... also that they're well liked and will be around for a while if not regulated out of business.

No rating since have not tried GoMarkets but am scoping new brokers with the aim of fleeing US regulatory environment which, leverage-wise at least, has already spread its debilitating effects to Canada. Bet ya England's next.