BARX barclaysstockbrokers.co.uk/Pages/index.aspx (Barclays FX) Review Visit site

Updated: Sep 15, 2016
Was barx-stockbrokers-barclays-co-uk-barx-fx-fx-htm-barclays-fx
BARX barclaysstockbrokers.co.uk/Pages/index.aspx (Barclays FX)

Join live discussion of BARX barclaysstockbrokers.co.uk/Pages/index.aspx (Barclays FX) on our forum

, United Kingdom,
Aug 6, 2013,

this is a trading name for city index

Review Moderation Team Note: We don't see that on the BARX website. Can you provide a link that shows this information?
middle east,
Feb 9, 2010,

good spreads and very good customer service,execution is not instantenious ,takes 2 sec to get confirmaton, slippage can be controled but happens a lot when market is volatile
London UK,
Aug 12, 2009,

I have tried the DEMO platform and it is the worst I have come across.
It is very difficult to understand, and has very poor design ergonomics, to top it up it doesn't even fit into a screen with 1024x768 resolution.
Additionally the platform keeps coming up with technical errors, which hampers down your confidence with the broker.
All this is a shame as Barclays is one of the biggest liquidity providers in Forex.
UK,
Apr 16, 2009,

Hi There,
I want to upgrade the review I left last month regarding Barclays Stockbrokers - BARX.
This week I had a real technical problem with my PC "freezing" before and during trades. Fortunately I always place a 35 pip stop loss, so there was no real panic - but I lost some real nice profits. My PC provider and Internet provider assured me that my systems were 100% OK, so I called BARX several times blaming their platform.
It's the first technical problem I've had in 3 months demo and 2 months live trading the platform.
They were unbelievably helpful - especially as I'm a bit of a technophobe. They didn't let the problem go, and always picked up the phone within 3 rings, returned all my e-mails immediately and called me back several times until the problem was fixed - and e-mailed me to double check!
Turns out it was all my fault - I wasn't running the latest .Net software. I sincerely apologise to them for being such a prat.
This level of customer support is unheard of these days in my experience..
So, if you want a great trading experience give them a try.

Oh, and for the guy who's worried about the references to scalping and arbitrage in their T and Cs, I had a very long conversation with them today. Arbitrage is a highly technical proceedure carried out by major financial players to make large amounts of very small gains by split second inter-bank trading. It is entirely irrelevent for the purposes of their retail offering. And they love scalpers - the more trades you make the more profit they earn, and the more they can invest in improving their operation, and training / support. So, no problems there.

2009-03-06 4 Stars Pros: UK Based, FSA regulated AA rated bank. Great back up and customer service. Good charting package with most indicators. Fast order execution with minimal slippage.
Cons: System still being developed so certain features still not available, i.e. trailing stop loss, OCO facility - expected shortly. Minimum lot size
Nov 23, 2008,

Note: if you read their fx terms and conditions you will see that they can take drastic action against you if they deem you to have been engaged in any scalping or "arbitrage" (see 5.12). Given that sane people realise that trading by nature is all about arbitrage and that scalping is hard to define, you would have to be brave to trade fx with them. Or are all brokers terms and conditions the same?
Sydney,
Nov 13, 2008,

I have demo'd this software and it is the best I have encountered. It's rich with features from fantastic news coverage to alerts to things I had never even thought of. Furthermore, it's a real bank. If you watch football (soccer) you would have heard of the Barclays Premier League.

Well this is that Barclays. A real bank with branches all over England.

I am looking forward to putting some money with them.

Their website is very large with pages and pages of info on all sorts of things and the FX Trading took some finding.

Here's a link that might be helpful.

I only found this site because I was trialing new charting software and an option for data was Barclays. That led me on a search that after some time ended with me locating their FX Trading pages.