Dukascopy.com Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 20, 2018

Dukascopy is an online forex broker. Dukascopy offers the MetaTrader 4,SWFX mobile, and JForex online currency trading top platforms. Dukascopy.com offers over 50 currency pairs, CFDs, and precious metals for your personal investment and trading options.

Dukascopy.com

Join live discussion of Dukascopy.com on our forum

Dukascopy.com profile provided by Dukascopy Support, Jan 16, 2018

Dukascopy is an online forex broker based in Geneva, Switzerland. Dukascopy offers the MetaTrader 4, Jforex, Web, iOS and Android online currency trading top platforms. Dukascopy.com offers over 60 currency pairs, CFDs, binaries and precious metals for your personal investment and trading options. Dukascopy Bank is regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA both as a bank and a securities dealer.

baghdad, Iraq,
Aug 17, 2018,

all issue fixed with dukascopy bank by direct support from my account manager

hello am just posted two review related to dukascopy bank in last month and explain My experience with them , now i need to inform all interested for tradeing with dukascopy bank all the issue fixed and the payment return to my account the transfer no done du to issue in my name and my name in my bank account , after the direct fallowing for my account manager Ammar Almulla all pending issue fixed and am tradeing now normally with the dukascopy bank ,The bad luck distorted my experience with this bank hoping all get a alot of profit with the ECN dukascopy .. i want to thanksI and my apologize to my account manager ..

Aug 13, 2018 - 1 Star hello am writing again regarding the Dukascopy bank or broker ! whatever it was , i know they will replay me quickly as a official replay to close this review , am already share review for the same Dukascopy because i lost money due to technical issue in SL and they told me that normal ! now am writing about the issue when i decided to withdrawal the remaining money after the losses , the request submitted since 18/07/2018! and till now the payment not fund in my account and my bank not reject the payment due to issue in name as a Dukascopy account manger story ! ,
maybe the banks will fix this issue after months but believe me its not a safe place to put your money in to due to issue in every thins just the registration was fully easy and fasssst ,
they are under FINAMA am regarding my issues and that was their replay

" Dear Mr. Alani

Thank you for informing us about your dissatisfaction with Dukascopy. You write that the bank's trading system caused you to suffer a financial loss.

Have you continued your correspondence with the bank? Problems can often be resolved through dialogue. Please rest assured, however, that the information you have sent us is useful and, as is the case with similar reports, it will be examined.

If there are specific reasons to believe that financial market legislation has been violated, FINMA will undertake further investigations and, where necessary, take measures against the supervised institution. We are, however, restricted by law and cannot inform you about our assessment of your complaint.

FINMA’s remit does not permit it to decide on disputes between a bank and its clients - such cases are handled by an ordinary court of law. Another option is to contact the banking ombudsman (www.bankingombudsman.ch). Depending on the case in question, he may be able to act as mediator.

We hope you find this information useful. ""
form my side I donate the stolen or pending money to the bank and to the account manager. this money was a test to check this broker in order to start real trading with then but they fail
finally hoping to all a good & safe trade

Jul 18, 2018 - 1 Star The problem started after one week from registration date am just putting a position on the GBPJPY pair by buying 1 Lot (100,000), without stoping loss, but I've already put a stop of loss of account as a whole, (this one available services in the company "forex platform") SL at $ - 600 that means all the loses not more 600$ under any case, but I was surprised by a large loss of $ 1040 when I contact account manager (ammar.moualla@dukascopy.com) of my account he just ask me to send an email to support and toot me that it may technical issue and will solve asap and they will cover my loses , after around one hour the support team "Alexander Pishvanov" just replied my email as below :

Hello,

Stop Loss Level on your account has been proceeded correctly. If you set the stop loss for account equity on certain level it doesn't mean that you will not lose more money. It means that our system will start to act (to close your positions) when the equity will drop below the level. The equity on your account dropped below $600 and our system has closed the losing position at best available price. Please, bear in mind that during high volatile market news the price could change fast and with gaps. This happens today and GBP pairs have been affected by sharp price movement.

Kind regards,
support team

the last payment not very big, but still a loss without reason by me its the company responsible is already started admitting clarification from The licensed and arbitral address of this bank or company because Maple behavior., please you stop your activity by the bank until the perception note all about agreed by the screen shot, emails, phone call recording.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 21, 2018 Dear client,

In addition to the answer we already sent to you, we would like to provide some facts and some comments on your post. The Stop Loss Level you are referring to in your post is a tool that works differently than you described. Let us quote the description provided on the panel in the platform where you set the value of the Stop Loss Level: “The 'Stop Loss Level' is used to deactivate your trading account. If the equity on your account is equal or less than 'Stop Loss Level', it will trigger closure of all open positions, all pending orders will be canceled and trading will be blocked. Please be informed that equity on your account after closing of all open positions might be below 'Stop Loss Level' depending on market conditions.”We would like to stress that the Stop Loss Level functionality does not guarantee that remaining equity on your account “under any case” will not be lower than selected level. Quite opposite, the description clearly states that final equity depends on market conditions. The moment when Stop Loss Level on your account was triggered, is 18.07.2018 ~8.30 GMT. At this time two important data (Consumer Price Index YOY, Core Consumer Price YOY) on GBP were released. The GBP/JPY has reacted with sharp market move (around 55 pips in 1 second) with gaps. Such conditions are classified as news trading and should be considered while evaluating a Stop Loss Level execution. During news times prices are rapidly changing, often resulting in price gaps and low liquidity. During those News releases many clients are trying to execute pending and market orders simultaneously. In this short period of time demand is typically much higher than existing offer, which result in stop order executions with slippage. Unfortunately during such market events slippage from initially set Stop Loss Level is unavoidable and is considered as normal market occurrence. We disagree with your statement about “a large loss of $ 1040”. According to the trading statements your final equity was lower than set Stop Loss Level by 230 USD and not 1040 USD. Taking in account the size of your position (100’000 GBP/JPY) 230 USD represents approximately 21 pips. As it was explained earlier, the market had moved 55 pips in one second with gaps. In such conditions 21 pips is normal slippage for such market conditions. The facts listed above make us conclude that your Stop Loss Level execution was processed in accordance with described logic of the Stop Loss Level functionality and corresponded to the market conditions at that time.
Turkey,
Aug 14, 2018,

Dukascopy Competitions

They require you to reach some volume to withdraw prices. Once you complete they cancel your volume rights to not give you the contest price. .

It is totaly unethical how they run the contests. I was advising Dukascopy to all my friends, but now i demand my rights. They do not even bother to give sensefull explain. I was so wrong.
Singapore,
Aug 12, 2018,

Satisfied customer

I have been with Dukas for around 5 years and they allow me to run a very small value account all this while without any issue. At the beginning I had the same issue as one of your writers below, which is that stop-loss was not met, but it was in my early days and I could see that the market, not Dukas, dictates how prices run. You don't trade the NFP, do you ! Lesson learned ! They respond fast and will investigate anything you feel was a system fault. They could add a few more bells and whistles but overall I am very satisfied.
Netherlands,
Jul 19, 2018,

Confusing commissions and fees

Hi Guys, Does any have experience with Dukascopy's commission and spread practice? For me the provided information on their website and confusing. I also tried to ask some clarification from my account manager but I got a response which kind of shocked me. The AM said that there is a fee for opening and there is a fee for closing positions. Also, when I open a trade I see the position in positive, than I close it down and it turns out that somehow I lost on the trade.
It would be nice if you could share your experience on this, because I am at the beginning of dealing with them and if turns out not so good, I will have to change. Thank you all in advance.
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 26, 2018:
Dear Andras,

We charge volume commission for each opening or closing trade. The rate depends on Net Deposit, Equity and Traded Volume and ranges between 10 and 35$ per 1 million USD traded for forex instruments. All this information is publicly available on our website in ‘Trading fees’ section.

Regarding the position you mentioned, you may send me position ID and screenshot at cs@dukascopy.com. I will investigate and get back to you with the results.
SAO PAULO, Brazil,
Jul 16, 2018,

Dukascopy support not exist

Believe me ... I'm waiting for access to the FFT MT4 platform to be released by Dukascopy for 2 months ... the Dukascopy support simply DOES NOT EXIST .... it's TERRIBLE
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 20, 2018:
Dear client, it seems that there has been a miscommunication. If you haven’t received login details from FTT technical support, please contact them via phone or e-mail. They are provider of MT4 bridge and only they can share your login details with you. I have also sent you an e-mail with more details on the situation and should you have any further questions, just contact me. I’ll be happy to assist.

Serbia and Montenegro,
Jul 2, 2018,

execution problems

Dukascopy doesn't respect clients orders.I opened 2 contracts US tech index I tried to close them after half an hour in small profit 4 times all orders were rejected,this is second time last week same thing happen with US tech index .Slippage is always available for the broker.
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 16, 2018:
Dear client,

We have investigated the execution of mentioned order on USA Tech index and contacted you with a solution via email in a timely manner. We have also took measures to prevent such situation from occurring in future. Please let us know if you still experience the issue with USA Tech index.

Our live clients support desk is always there to help you execute any positions manually via phone call.
Sao Paulo, Brazil,
May 30, 2018,

no return from the account manager

I recently opened an account at Dukascopy. The service was a bit slow, but followed in an acceptable manner. But for about a week I can no longer talk to my account manager. I already tried it by email and calling directly without success. The chat on the Dukascopy page does not respond and the email contact us also does not respond.
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jun 5, 2018:
Dear PauloMB, can I ask you to contact me with your questions at cs@dukascopy.com with a note "Attention to Kristina"? I will gladly assist you and investigate why you could not reach us.

Best regards,
Kristina
Dukascopy Support
Gothenbburg, Sweden,
May 29, 2018,

Much more happy . liquidity provider

I am long enough now (5 years ) in this industry of retail trading to have a full understanding would i dare say. I was with oanda for 4,5 years , a naive traider not factoring the spreads ( and especially the flunctuations of spread and how much it would take for the gap to get back to normal). In the grand finale when you start getting profitable and experienced , it is actually what makes the difference.

I have started trading with ducascopy , and although i am not long enough with them , neither have i requested a withdraw yet , i would dare saying that i am ad infinitum happier with their services and platform ( especially the market depth indicator ). This is not a market maker , rather a liquidity provider and their spreads are considerably lower ( including the fixed commision). In addition it helps me with my analysis given that the candles are as close to the reality possible.

Sure , it takes a bit more documents for the registration and everything is a bit more formal. But that is exactly why i like this broker even more. I do not want to go in a casino where they let me trade it / gamble it all at once, rather i want a broker that has the required enviroment for me to actually TRADE. The fact that it is an actual liquidity provider & a swiss regulated bank ( and not a market maker) increases exponentially my considerations for this broker.

For the mentioned reasons i give this broker 5 stars. If anything changes in the future , or any bad experiences , it will be reflected by me editing this rating.
Philippines,
May 24, 2018,

If you are thinking of depositing more than $10,000 with this company forget about it. There is too many questions etc etc. It is soooo funny. They ask me ridiculous question as to how my money grew that much and how can I prove it grew that much and to what source? Well my reply is I've been working since I'm 16 and I'm 44 now I got it through hard work. Unfortunately I can't show you receipts going that far. I guess you don't want my money then. hah hah hah forget about Dukascopy geezzuusss Christ!!!. Here's what support said. SERIOUSLY DUKASCOPY GEEEEZZUUSSSS CHRISSSST GIMMEEE A BREAKKK!!!
*******************************************************************************
"Good day,

If origin of the funds to be invested is your savings please explain in more details how were your savings accumulated and provide some proof to confirm the information.

This information is requested due to Anti-money laundering as we are asking not how much money you have, but how your assets were earned.
Kind regards,"

Sep 25, 2015 - 3 Stars Liquidity, spread is good but the platform (Jforex) is so bad I seriously think they need to dump it. Loading the platform and opening new charts is so slow. Sometimes it hangs and you cannot enter an order making for missed trades. (I'm a scalper) I created a review here so that maybe Dukascopy will see this and improve on their platform. Better yet just throw away JForex and start offering other platforms like Ctrader. Geez dump that platform already I know your developers thinks it's also crap why stick to it? Maybe more business for you if you can offer other platforms.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Feb 19, 2016 Hi, Maflip. Thank you for your feedback on JForex. We constantly keep improving our platform and since your comment in September several new versions of JForex have been released. Has your issue been resolved? If not, please call our Live support desk or contact us at support@dukascopy.com. We will be glad to answer all your questions and help you fix any problems that affect your trading process.
Hong Kong,
May 12, 2018,

Thank you for your reply. I don't want to review any situation publicly.
You seem to not understand how forex market work. There is no market price and what "other independent sources" are you talking about? Like, my dad? So if he says that your price is wrong, than it is wrong, ok.

The way i see it is that you create prices, you created trading platforms, you are on the other side of each trade and only way to verify trade price is to contact you. Theoretically, you can manipulate all orders of all clients, or some orders of some clients

Apr 22, 2018 - 1 Star Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jan 30, 2018:

If you prefer to continue discussion without public disclosure, we will be happy to attend your request at support (at) dukascopy.com.

So you are saying that you fill all orders by the prices that are indicated on your website? And no such things as requotes or slippage occurs? Because if they do occur, then there is a theoretical possibility of price manipulation, isn't it? So basically you are spreading false information and this is very bad.

Jan 24, 2018 - 2 Stars I used them for their binary option trading platform. The reason why I chose them was because they allow a wide selection of choices for choosing the closing time of my binary trades. Unfortunately, I find that the platform definitely engages in manipulation of the trades upon closing. Specifically, when the trades closes at the specified time, the platform will make sure your trade closes at the worst price, thereby significantly increasing your chances of losing your trade. For example, if you purchase a Higher option to expire at 5pm, hoping your trade closes higher at 5pm, the platform will make sure you get the worse price at expiration. The price you get at expiration will be the low for that time, which means you have a higher chance of losing. they should give you the closing price for that 5pm time, not the lowest price. Conversely, if you purchase a Put option, hoping the price would drop lower by expiration, the platform would give you the highest price possible at expiration. I have lost a number of trades this way, with the difference of between 3-5 pips from what the closing time should be. there is oftentimes a big difference in pips between closing price and High/Low price. The platform makes sure you get the worse. this is clear price manipulation to insure they get your money more often.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jan 30, 2018 Dear John, Dukascopy is proud to provide all traders with transparent pricing environment and equal trading rights. This means that all clients have access to the same liquidity at equal prices through a single datafeed. Tick history of all prices for all instruments is publicly available on our website (Historical Datafeed). This excludes (even theoretically) a possibility of price manipulation against particular trader. We are ready to perform a public investigation for particular price, which you consider as being manipulated against you. Please provide currency pair, exact time and price value which you consider as not being correct. Alternatively you can provide particular order ID.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Apr 25, 2018 Dear John, I have not found time and currency pair you are referring to in your post. Slippage or requotes are not relevant for Binary trading in Dukascopy. Execution of Binary option is based on quotations which are equal for all traders, including forex and binary. We will be glad to review publicly any situation which you consider as manipulation and compare prices provided by Dukascopy with other sources. Price manipulation means that price was changed against a particular client when the market was quoting different level. If there are other independent sources confirming same price level, this is not manipulating but actual market price. To avoid further theoretical discussion, kindly provide requested details.