Dukascopy.com Review Visit site

Updated: Sep 13, 2018

Dukascopy is an online forex broker. Dukascopy offers the MetaTrader 4,SWFX mobile, and JForex online currency trading top platforms. Dukascopy.com offers over 50 currency pairs, CFDs, and precious metals for your personal investment and trading options.

Dukascopy.com

Join live discussion of Dukascopy.com on our forum

Dukascopy.com profile provided by Dukascopy Support, Jan 16, 2018

Dukascopy is an online forex broker based in Geneva, Switzerland. Dukascopy offers the MetaTrader 4, Jforex, Web, iOS and Android online currency trading top platforms. Dukascopy.com offers over 60 currency pairs, CFDs, binaries and precious metals for your personal investment and trading options. Dukascopy Bank is regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA both as a bank and a securities dealer.

Pierhh,
tokyo, Japan,
Aug 20, 2018,

JForex 3 is great platform

JForex 3 is customizable and running very fast.It is just getting better and better.

Jan 30, 2018 - 4 Stars Getting better and better. Jforex has now improving alot.They are very very slow but they will keep their promises. Need more work on smart phone apps but they are doing well.

Sep 7, 2017 - 2 Stars Phone app got way better than before but still not enough function.No drawings,no indicator color choice(by the way names of indi. are in the way of candles..), no monthly time frame, no fibos, and no etc.
For JForex 3 can't even lock the chart and no short cut for cursor..... When you are moving time frame the chart go smewhere else..It just not user friendly.Very frustrated platform.

Please take a look at MT4...

Mar 7, 2017 - 3 Stars Ok so the new phone app,the new update,I see that the icon design has changed but nothing else changed, same as before.
Still very slow, not enough function, can not zoom well and not even showing the recent candle properly.

Jan 23, 2017 - 4 Stars With expectation I will change my rate to 4 stars since they are redesigning their platform for phones and adding the trade history to JForex3.
Dukascopy Japan is the only ecn service regulated here in Japan so I will keep my fingers crossed. Good luck.

Jan 12, 2017 - 2 Stars I never had any problem with Japanese Dukascopy. I got rejected from Dukascopy.com. Took them about a month to reply back after few of my easy mails.
Anyway the platform for ios is just ridiculous,can't even show price candles properly,most of the time the chart won't even load anyway...Too slow, too many bug and way not enough function.NO ONE can trade with their system!!
For the PC version, the newest build of JForex 3, got better but still there is lot of bugs and it is so hard to trade.Can't even show your trade history within the platform...
And yes I've sent what you have to do to make it better for both apps, but I guess it will take ages to line up with others..so please just offer Metatrader 4.

Dec 21, 2016 - 3 Stars Still little bit of bugs but once I asked them to fix, they updated fast and cleared lot of problems.But some times they forget to reply mails...
For ios version still not enough function.If there is MT4 version of their system it will be so great.

Nov 25, 2016 - 1 Star Their platform JForex.. super slow and poor function with lot of bugs... Even with the new one coming the JForex 3...
With ios version..ridiculous, out of question....
Come on Dukascopy!!! Offer pure MT4(not bridge)and cTrader!!

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Nov 29, 2016 Dear, n. Please give us more information about your case or specify your trading account number and the exact problem you ran into using JForex by sending details to support@dukascopy.jp so we can investigate it and respond appropriately. This information will also help us improve the platform.

In Dukascopy we strive to maintain high quality of service and aim to improve the investment environment with our customers. So we always appreciate the clients voice and any feedback you offer. Please feel free to send your report about our services to info@dukascopy.jp and it will be examined quickly by relevant departments.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Dec 30, 2016 Dear n, we highly appreciate any feedback you offer. Feel free to send your comments and suggestions on our platform to info@dukascopy.jp and they will be examined quickly by relevant departments.

Also, please let us know via support@dukascopy.jp the time and date you contacted Dukascopy Japan and didn’t receive an answer. We will investigate this issue. As a matter of fact, emails may remain undelivered or unattended for various reasons.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jan 20, 2017 Dear n,

We appreciate your feedback. However, due to regulatory requirements in Japan, Dukascopy.com can not communicate directly with Japanese customers and provide technical assistance. We kindly ask you to contact our Japanese customer support by sending an email to support@dukascopy.jp and indicating ‘Forex Peace Army’ in your letter. We regret to know that you were expecting to receive technical support from Dukascopy.com. Please kindly contact Dukascopy Japan because assistance from Dukascopy Bank is not possible.

We are serious about clients’ feedback and always take it into account when developing and maintaining our products. At the same time we understand that there is no universal solution to satisfy every person’s needs. We respect all the regulated parties of Forex market and believe that every trader can choose a platform that meets all their individual requirements and preferences. From our side, we do our best to make our platform as functional and simple as possible.

Regarding iOS platform. Currently we are working on platform redesign, stability improvements and new features to make the application even more simple and user-friendly. And while we admit that no technology is perfect and constantly work on improving the platform, we can’t agree with the statement that “no one can trade it” since we receive a lot of positive feedback from our clients, and the number of traders using it is constantly growing.

Regarding JForex 3. As you have mentioned, we have improved the platform and we will continue improving it in the future. The trade history can currently be accessed inside our Reports, but we have plans to add it to the platform soon. If you have any other suggestions or ideas to share with our developers, please write to support@dukascopy.jp and Dukascopy Japan will examine them thoroughly.
zahid,
baghdad, Iraq,
Aug 17, 2018,

all issue fixed with dukascopy bank by direct support from my account manager

hello am just posted two review related to dukascopy bank in last month and explain My experience with them , now i need to inform all interested for tradeing with dukascopy bank all the issue fixed and the payment return to my account the transfer no done du to issue in my name and my name in my bank account , after the direct fallowing for my account manager Ammar Almulla all pending issue fixed and am tradeing now normally with the dukascopy bank ,The bad luck distorted my experience with this bank hoping all get a alot of profit with the ECN dukascopy .. i want to thanksI and my apologize to my account manager ..

Aug 13, 2018 - 1 Star hello am writing again regarding the Dukascopy bank or broker ! whatever it was , i know they will replay me quickly as a official replay to close this review , am already share review for the same Dukascopy because i lost money due to technical issue in SL and they told me that normal ! now am writing about the issue when i decided to withdrawal the remaining money after the losses , the request submitted since 18/07/2018! and till now the payment not fund in my account and my bank not reject the payment due to issue in name as a Dukascopy account manger story ! ,
maybe the banks will fix this issue after months but believe me its not a safe place to put your money in to due to issue in every thins just the registration was fully easy and fasssst ,
they are under FINAMA am regarding my issues and that was their replay

" Dear Mr. Alani

Thank you for informing us about your dissatisfaction with Dukascopy. You write that the bank's trading system caused you to suffer a financial loss.

Have you continued your correspondence with the bank? Problems can often be resolved through dialogue. Please rest assured, however, that the information you have sent us is useful and, as is the case with similar reports, it will be examined.

If there are specific reasons to believe that financial market legislation has been violated, FINMA will undertake further investigations and, where necessary, take measures against the supervised institution. We are, however, restricted by law and cannot inform you about our assessment of your complaint.

FINMA’s remit does not permit it to decide on disputes between a bank and its clients - such cases are handled by an ordinary court of law. Another option is to contact the banking ombudsman (www.bankingombudsman.ch). Depending on the case in question, he may be able to act as mediator.

We hope you find this information useful. ""
form my side I donate the stolen or pending money to the bank and to the account manager. this money was a test to check this broker in order to start real trading with then but they fail
finally hoping to all a good & safe trade

Jul 18, 2018 - 1 Star The problem started after one week from registration date am just putting a position on the GBPJPY pair by buying 1 Lot (100,000), without stoping loss, but I've already put a stop of loss of account as a whole, (this one available services in the company "forex platform") SL at $ - 600 that means all the loses not more 600$ under any case, but I was surprised by a large loss of $ 1040 when I contact account manager (ammar.moualla@dukascopy.com) of my account he just ask me to send an email to support and toot me that it may technical issue and will solve asap and they will cover my loses , after around one hour the support team "Alexander Pishvanov" just replied my email as below :

Hello,

Stop Loss Level on your account has been proceeded correctly. If you set the stop loss for account equity on certain level it doesn't mean that you will not lose more money. It means that our system will start to act (to close your positions) when the equity will drop below the level. The equity on your account dropped below $600 and our system has closed the losing position at best available price. Please, bear in mind that during high volatile market news the price could change fast and with gaps. This happens today and GBP pairs have been affected by sharp price movement.

Kind regards,
support team

the last payment not very big, but still a loss without reason by me its the company responsible is already started admitting clarification from The licensed and arbitral address of this bank or company because Maple behavior., please you stop your activity by the bank until the perception note all about agreed by the screen shot, emails, phone call recording.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 21, 2018 Dear client,

In addition to the answer we already sent to you, we would like to provide some facts and some comments on your post. The Stop Loss Level you are referring to in your post is a tool that works differently than you described. Let us quote the description provided on the panel in the platform where you set the value of the Stop Loss Level: “The 'Stop Loss Level' is used to deactivate your trading account. If the equity on your account is equal or less than 'Stop Loss Level', it will trigger closure of all open positions, all pending orders will be canceled and trading will be blocked. Please be informed that equity on your account after closing of all open positions might be below 'Stop Loss Level' depending on market conditions.”We would like to stress that the Stop Loss Level functionality does not guarantee that remaining equity on your account “under any case” will not be lower than selected level. Quite opposite, the description clearly states that final equity depends on market conditions. The moment when Stop Loss Level on your account was triggered, is 18.07.2018 ~8.30 GMT. At this time two important data (Consumer Price Index YOY, Core Consumer Price YOY) on GBP were released. The GBP/JPY has reacted with sharp market move (around 55 pips in 1 second) with gaps. Such conditions are classified as news trading and should be considered while evaluating a Stop Loss Level execution. During news times prices are rapidly changing, often resulting in price gaps and low liquidity. During those News releases many clients are trying to execute pending and market orders simultaneously. In this short period of time demand is typically much higher than existing offer, which result in stop order executions with slippage. Unfortunately during such market events slippage from initially set Stop Loss Level is unavoidable and is considered as normal market occurrence. We disagree with your statement about “a large loss of $ 1040”. According to the trading statements your final equity was lower than set Stop Loss Level by 230 USD and not 1040 USD. Taking in account the size of your position (100’000 GBP/JPY) 230 USD represents approximately 21 pips. As it was explained earlier, the market had moved 55 pips in one second with gaps. In such conditions 21 pips is normal slippage for such market conditions. The facts listed above make us conclude that your Stop Loss Level execution was processed in accordance with described logic of the Stop Loss Level functionality and corresponded to the market conditions at that time.
Efegen,
Turkey,
Aug 14, 2018,

Dukascopy Competitions

They require you to reach some volume to withdraw prices. Once you complete they cancel your volume rights to not give you the contest price. .

It is totaly unethical how they run the contests. I was advising Dukascopy to all my friends, but now i demand my rights. They do not even bother to give sensefull explain. I was so wrong.
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Aug 28, 2018:
Dear Efegen,
Contest participants are free to withdraw prize funds provided all the conditions described in the Contest Rules are met. For instance, it’s not possible to withdraw the unblocked sum of prizes once an account is closed. Your account was closed because the equity was not enough to cover the scheduled Maintenance fee that is charged once per every 182 days of inactivity. Your last trading activity on this account was made in 2016, that's why such commission had place. In case there was at least one trade during this period the Maintenance fee would not be charged and account left active.

In addition, I would like to highlight the fact that the maintenance fee is not exclusive to contest accounts, it is applied on all accounts (trading and current) if no trade/open position or no online currency exchange occurs on any account of the client during the mentioned period. The contract you signed during account opening procedure contains all conditions you need to follow in order to avoid extra fees or account closure.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at cs@dukascopy.com with a note "Attention to Kristina", and I will gladly assist you and answer all your questions.
jeremyf,
Singapore,
Aug 12, 2018,

Satisfied customer

I have been with Dukas for around 5 years and they allow me to run a very small value account all this while without any issue. At the beginning I had the same issue as one of your writers below, which is that stop-loss was not met, but it was in my early days and I could see that the market, not Dukas, dictates how prices run. You don't trade the NFP, do you ! Lesson learned ! They respond fast and will investigate anything you feel was a system fault. They could add a few more bells and whistles but overall I am very satisfied.
Andras,
Netherlands,
Jul 19, 2018,

Confusing commissions and fees

Hi Guys, Does any have experience with Dukascopy's commission and spread practice? For me the provided information on their website and confusing. I also tried to ask some clarification from my account manager but I got a response which kind of shocked me. The AM said that there is a fee for opening and there is a fee for closing positions. Also, when I open a trade I see the position in positive, than I close it down and it turns out that somehow I lost on the trade.
It would be nice if you could share your experience on this, because I am at the beginning of dealing with them and if turns out not so good, I will have to change. Thank you all in advance.
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 26, 2018:
Dear Andras,

We charge volume commission for each opening or closing trade. The rate depends on Net Deposit, Equity and Traded Volume and ranges between 10 and 35$ per 1 million USD traded for forex instruments. All this information is publicly available on our website in ‘Trading fees’ section.

Regarding the position you mentioned, you may send me position ID and screenshot at cs@dukascopy.com. I will investigate and get back to you with the results.
Wagner seles,
SAO PAULO, Brazil,
Jul 16, 2018,

Dukascopy support not exist

Believe me ... I'm waiting for access to the FFT MT4 platform to be released by Dukascopy for 2 months ... the Dukascopy support simply DOES NOT EXIST .... it's TERRIBLE
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 20, 2018:
Dear client, it seems that there has been a miscommunication. If you haven’t received login details from FTT technical support, please contact them via phone or e-mail. They are provider of MT4 bridge and only they can share your login details with you. I have also sent you an e-mail with more details on the situation and should you have any further questions, just contact me. I’ll be happy to assist.

nbnbnb,
Serbia and Montenegro,
Jul 2, 2018,

execution problems

Dukascopy doesn't respect clients orders.I opened 2 contracts US tech index I tried to close them after half an hour in small profit 4 times all orders were rejected,this is second time last week same thing happen with US tech index .Slippage is always available for the broker.
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jul 16, 2018:
Dear client,

We have investigated the execution of mentioned order on USA Tech index and contacted you with a solution via email in a timely manner. We have also took measures to prevent such situation from occurring in future. Please let us know if you still experience the issue with USA Tech index.

Our live clients support desk is always there to help you execute any positions manually via phone call.
PauloMB,
Sao Paulo, Brazil,
May 30, 2018,

no return from the account manager

I recently opened an account at Dukascopy. The service was a bit slow, but followed in an acceptable manner. But for about a week I can no longer talk to my account manager. I already tried it by email and calling directly without success. The chat on the Dukascopy page does not respond and the email contact us also does not respond.
Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Jun 5, 2018:
Dear PauloMB, can I ask you to contact me with your questions at cs@dukascopy.com with a note "Attention to Kristina"? I will gladly assist you and investigate why you could not reach us.

Best regards,
Kristina
Dukascopy Support
justme78783,
Gothenbburg, Sweden,
May 29, 2018,

Much more happy . liquidity provider

I am long enough now (5 years ) in this industry of retail trading to have a full understanding would i dare say. I was with oanda for 4,5 years , a naive traider not factoring the spreads ( and especially the flunctuations of spread and how much it would take for the gap to get back to normal). In the grand finale when you start getting profitable and experienced , it is actually what makes the difference.

I have started trading with ducascopy , and although i am not long enough with them , neither have i requested a withdraw yet , i would dare saying that i am ad infinitum happier with their services and platform ( especially the market depth indicator ). This is not a market maker , rather a liquidity provider and their spreads are considerably lower ( including the fixed commision). In addition it helps me with my analysis given that the candles are as close to the reality possible.

Sure , it takes a bit more documents for the registration and everything is a bit more formal. But that is exactly why i like this broker even more. I do not want to go in a casino where they let me trade it / gamble it all at once, rather i want a broker that has the required enviroment for me to actually TRADE. The fact that it is an actual liquidity provider & a swiss regulated bank ( and not a market maker) increases exponentially my considerations for this broker.

For the mentioned reasons i give this broker 5 stars. If anything changes in the future , or any bad experiences , it will be reflected by me editing this rating.
Maflip,
Philippines,
May 24, 2018,

If you are thinking of depositing more than $10,000 with this company forget about it. There is too many questions etc etc. It is soooo funny. They ask me ridiculous question as to how my money grew that much and how can I prove it grew that much and to what source? Well my reply is I've been working since I'm 16 and I'm 44 now I got it through hard work. Unfortunately I can't show you receipts going that far. I guess you don't want my money then. hah hah hah forget about Dukascopy geezzuusss Christ!!!. Here's what support said. SERIOUSLY DUKASCOPY GEEEEZZUUSSSS CHRISSSST GIMMEEE A BREAKKK!!!
*******************************************************************************
"Good day,

If origin of the funds to be invested is your savings please explain in more details how were your savings accumulated and provide some proof to confirm the information.

This information is requested due to Anti-money laundering as we are asking not how much money you have, but how your assets were earned.
Kind regards,"

Sep 25, 2015 - 3 Stars Liquidity, spread is good but the platform (Jforex) is so bad I seriously think they need to dump it. Loading the platform and opening new charts is so slow. Sometimes it hangs and you cannot enter an order making for missed trades. (I'm a scalper) I created a review here so that maybe Dukascopy will see this and improve on their platform. Better yet just throw away JForex and start offering other platforms like Ctrader. Geez dump that platform already I know your developers thinks it's also crap why stick to it? Maybe more business for you if you can offer other platforms.

Reply by Dukascopy Support submitted Feb 19, 2016 Hi, Maflip. Thank you for your feedback on JForex. We constantly keep improving our platform and since your comment in September several new versions of JForex have been released. Has your issue been resolved? If not, please call our Live support desk or contact us at support@dukascopy.com. We will be glad to answer all your questions and help you fix any problems that affect your trading process.