Plus500 Review

Updated: Sep 14, 2020 · Plus500.com  · Is this your company?

Plus500 is a CFD broker. Plus 500 offers the Mobile and WebTrader trading currency platforms. Traders with Plus500 accounts can trade CFDs on underlying financial instruments such as currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, commodities, options and indices.

Plus500
February 2016:  There is an FPA Traders Court vote against Plus500.  Unless this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends a very high level of caution dealing with Plus500.

October 2012:  Plus500 fined over 200,000 GBP by the FSA

FSA Penalty Details

Other websites of this company include www.plus500.co.il

Established: 2008
Address: Building 25 Matam, Haifa, 319160, Israel
Contact: support@plus500.com, +972 4-689-2154
Regulators: ASIC #417727, CySEC #250/14, FSA-S #SD039, MAS #CMS100648-1, FSCA #47546, FCA #FRN 509909
Trading platforms: Plus500
CFD: (20+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of Plus500.com on our forum

UK, United Kingdom,
May 15, 2020,

Please stay away from Plus500

Plus500 froze the screen so myself and many others could not take either a profit or save their money from dropping further and further into negative. Many people sat watching hopelessly as their money disappeared because they couldn’t save their money by closing their trades. I’ve got screenshots of how I was in profit but my close button was frozen and I couldn’t close out. Others have screenshots of how they were watching their money disappear with their close button frozen. Everyone knows this is going on. It’s a manipulation of Plus500’s platform and it is generating huge profit for Plus500 and loss to their traders. How do I know? Because I’ve set up a group and I’ve been asking for people’s stories and they’re all the same. Platform Freezing is a big one. Price manipulation is another one and the one that keeps a trader away from their profit and funds is the ‘we need to verify you’ card. As soon as you want your money out Plus500 will find any way they can to keep your money. They’ve even closed accounts down and refunds are missing. I’ve got one guy at the minute with profit and he’s gone to withdraw and now they say he’s not verified properly. Plus500 is in need of Investigating. is Plus500 the new ironfx? Remember, Plus500 trade against you, your loss is their profit. Do you really think that’s a good way to play with your money? They control that platform, not you. You’re a cash cow and you will lose your money even if you make a profit. The only ones who get their money back from what I’ve seen (I’ve seen many cases) is if you’ve lost a fortune and you want the scraps back.

I’ve one guy who sat and watched as his fortune in his account was dropping away and he couldn’t close out the trades because the close button was frozen. That guy came to me in a very bad way, it was heartbreaking to listen to a broken man who lost all his money through no fault of his own. Had he been able to close out he would have save the majority of his money but instead he walked away with nothing. When this is presented to Plus500 they basically say tough luck and NEVER have given a full and honest refund. This is a Plus500 issue and it’s a very common one. No, it is not your device freezing because everything is still working, it’s done on purpose to keep trades from making profit or saving their funds. Stay well away from Plus500. Go watch all the ironfx videos and you’ll see that Plus500 are doing the same.
Shame on all those support workers because they know what’s going on. I hope one day someone will be brave enough to come clean in what Plus500 is doing. It’s wrong and Plus500 need Investigating.
Please follow me on twitter and help fight against Plus500 Jay76744258 Thank you.

Apr 25, 2020 - 1 Star Plus500 manipulate their platform for their own benefit. They freeze the platform screen and this stops traders from managing their trades. They let low traders go over margin call and into negative for days but dint allow any seconds at all for high traders. How can that be fair? Everything Plus500 does is for their benefit and to stop traders from making money. I can vouch for these claims as I have proof and getting more daily,
Plus500 needs reporting all regulators. Don’t think that because they’re regulated that they are safe and legitimate, they are not.
Stay clear or you will lose money and it may not be through your own doing.

Apr 22, 2020 - 1 Star Please will everyone not just write a review but also report your complaint to the FCA if in UK or equivalent in your country.
Plus500 are doing everything they can to stop traders from making money.
They freeze the screen. They let small time traders go over their margin calls for days on end but if you’re a big trader the very second you get a margin call and it goes above they close that trade. I totally understand that it’s up to us as traders to watch our trades but I had thousands in above my margin and I was watching when all of a sudden the oil price flew up (Trump tweeted about the Saudis and Russia going to cut by 10 to 15mbpd) and it flew up in seconds. I got a margin call and instantly funded then another call and I funded. Too late, in a matter of seconds they took 10k worth of trades and left me the worse one. They even took my up one that would make me money first and then worked on my down ones. They may be regulated but they’re getting away with underhand practices and we all need to report and request they are looked into. Don’t just write a review, write an email to the regulators and insist they look into them.
Don’t let plus500 get away with it anymore.
I’m waiting on Plus500 getting back to me after I complained and said I wanted my 10k back because they didn’t give me enough time to find my account. From history they can see I fund it well before needed. They are corrupt and need looking into.
Look on FB for ‘Report Plus500 to the FCA’
There are many people out there who have been unfairly treated and the loss of their funds isn’t their fault. If the loss was my fault I’d not complain but it wasn’t. I didn’t stand a chance to save those trades and Plus500 after taking those trades froze he screen and then kicked me off. I tried to get back on using Wi-Fi and 3G and nothing. I then had to change my password which I had clicked to always remember me. They do this to stop you feeding your account when you need to do it.
They are corrupt. Please don’t just write in here, go and report them. The more reports the FCA get the higher chance we have of getting them stopped.
Thank you.
Kram888,
Australi, Australia,
May 2, 2020,

Biggest SCAM- The financial regulators need to act ASAP

I had around 3k dollars invested in couple of futures in plus500. But they closed both the positions within a couple of minutes when they pulled down the sell rate by five times for 2 mins and closed both my positions on a margin call. They seem to be manipulating the data to close those positions and make money. I’m left with pennies in my account . What doesnt make sense is the difference in the buy vs sell rate. The buying rate is more than five times the sell rate at which the margin call happened. Is this even legal? I believe this daylight robbery
Reply by Plus500 submitted May 14, 2020:
Hello,

Thank you for submitting your feedback.

The spread represents the difference between the Buy and the Sell rates of an instrument. Some of our instruments are offered with a fixed spread, while others are offered with a dynamic (variable) spread.

A fixed spread means that the difference between the Buy and Sell rates is constant. A Dynamic Spread is continuously updated throughout the day and is adjusted in line with the market spread. We believe that the dynamic spread best reflects the market movement, liquidity and volatility of the options offered in our platform.

For example: When an instrument is traded with a fixed spread (e.g. 0.05) - when the Buy rate is 10, the Sell rate will be 9.95 and when the Buy rate is 20, the Sell rate will be 19.95.

However, with the dynamic spread, the difference between the Buy and Sell rates is not fixed and is constantly changing based on recent market data.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact us.
Social Media Team
dubai, United Arab Emirates,
Apr 26, 2020,

Address verification

How to verify your address, I managed to verify all the other requirements. By address is rejected although I tried many documents

1- Utility bill
2- bank statement

Reply by Plus500 submitted May 14, 2020:
Hello,

Thank you for submitting your feedback.

Apart from the mentioned documents, you can provide us with a copy of a landline or mobile phone bill, or a document issued by a government agency.

A valid residence verification document will have been issued in the last 3 months, clearly show your name and residential address in full, and contain an official logo of the issuer.

Kindly note that residence verification documents for business/corporate addresses will not be accepted.

Social Media Team
Sean,
C, United Kingdom,
Apr 25, 2020,

Easy to make money

I started on plus500 and made plenty of money, I did learn plenty thanks to there demo and I also found it very smooth signing up, withdrawing money very simple.

invester,
sydney, Australia,
Apr 25, 2020,

PLUS500 IS A SCAM!!! STAY AWAY

I put some money in the account and then noticed they modify data - either to entice you to make money on demo, or when you switch to real money, make you quickly loose all your deposit.
I then decided to pull the money out -then the real issue began. over 4 weeks they kept giving me all excuses to prevent me taking my own money back. numerous communication/emails - either no response or you just get excuses.
I finally have to let them know that I am seeking help from ASIC and ACCC - and only by then they returned my money in a RELUCTANT WAY.
EXTREMELY BAD CUSTOMER RESPONSE, EXTREMETLY GOOD SCAM!!!

Wellington, New Zealand,
Apr 23, 2020,

It's a scam.

Firstly they set the margin level way too high so you can't make more money but when you lose you lose a big amount. and when you so sure that it's the time to n make money and put your bid or exit the market; boom! you got a frozen screen. By the time you put your order half of profit time is already over and the margin difference is way too high and you end up with pennies in your hand. I end up with 0 account balance from$900 in 15 minutes coz the app stopped working and I was not able to exit the market

Max G,
Israel, Israel,
Apr 22, 2020,

Plus500 is manipulating the app against you. Made mo lose $12000

1.First I was not able to close my positions when they were making altogether around $8000 and was only able to close them only when the profit has already fallen to $6000.
2. This one was critical. This night I was trading with positions of 1000 barrels but at some point I opened another short Oil position short position and it turned out to be of 5,250 barrels and I immediately received a margin call message and than the trade was closed at a loss $3500. It all took just a few seconds. I was stunned.
I have lost with them before and was blaming myself on that but
now I realize that I wouldn't have lost in the first place if everything would be ok from their end.
I sent them 5 messages but it takes up to 24 hours to answer. 19 already passed. They quickly respond to the reviews but do not answer on personal inquiries.

I am still waiting for their response but as far as I know collective compliant to the Regator might be one of the next measures if they don't respond.
During the last 20 hours of silence from their side and found out that plus500 is an Over The Counter broker, meaning that they make money if you lose and if I experienced intentional action against myself and my money I can make charge back.

Oslo, Norway,
Apr 21, 2020,

Stopped quoting DAX puts april 9, expired 15th - result 1200 USD loss

Opened 6 positions between 10.40 and 16.55 on Thursday 9th of april (writing puts) on DAX options) with expiry april 15 (april 17 on Eurex - quoting exchange)
I Used 4 different strikes 8250, 8550, 9000 and 9700.
The spread was big on the three lower strikes which is normal, I have traded derivative for 25 years so are quite familiar with most aspects on the pricing of options. I'm not quite as familiar with CFD "brokers" which I'm happy for now,

During the easter weekend I talked with customer support on chat (a function that is now taken away, at least for me) and the customer representative confirmed that the settlement price on april 15 would be the LAST price on EUREX the same day.

When the trading opened at tuesday morning, april 14, only one of the strikes were quoted on plus500, (9700) . I closed my three small positions in profits as I started to be concerned.
For two full trading days no new quotes came in on my remaining three strikes, emailed customer service and was served some bs story about volatility (the underlying index was barely moving) - YES, option prices are volatile when expiry is getting closer, We have the Greeks to aid us in calculations and trade decisions.

The potential unlimited risk writing options represents implies the necessity to get rewarded for the risk when the trade moves your way.

Instead of getting settled at 0.50, 0.80 and 2.0 I was given thursdays closing prices 10.25, 14,19 and 23.33.- resulting in a loss of about 300 usd rather than a profit of 900 usd.

Plus500 has sent me a few short messages in reply to my complains telling me a senior department is looking at it.

I´m completely shocked how this can be legal. When reading their terms and conditions (Yes, I´ve read all of their legal documents now) I got even more appalled and also a bit ashamed that I had handed over money to this kind of people.

It says in short terms "WE have ALL rights to take all of your money at any time with or without explanation - YOUR rights are NONE"

Please, if anyone reads this . DON`T use this platform, and I can't say for sure, but having used a few days to research, this goes for most of their competitors as well.

ThetaGamma

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia,
Apr 21, 2020,

M.margin and price differences and chart manipulation scam

It's total scam the whole thing is to set you up to lose your money I know exactly how to trade oil on future contracts and the price difference spread and m. Margine is a joke its a complete scam they change their chart and manipulated prices away from cme prices I'm waiting for their reply now my account converted to 0 even with their m.margine and the funny part is they close the position really far from the actual price on their manipulated chart and left me with 0 balance I will explain it they require a huge margin and that margin and their stop loss both won't stop your balance to become 0 so basically its a casino and the house always wins I wish that I gambeled rather than trading with them I will wait for their reply now and see if they really scam or not and I guess they won't fix it.

James,
Wiltshire, United Kingdom,
Apr 17, 2020,

This company cheats and sets its prices far higher than real prices of stoc

At the present time of 11.19 GMT on the 17/4/2020 the current price of crude oil is trading at $18.75 per barrel based on all other trading platforms. The price of oil on the Plus 500 platform is $25.70. Why is there a $7 difference in price between the plus 500 price and FXCM's price. I have taken screens hots and video evidence to prove this.

If you take the time to look back on their oil price chart history you will be able to see this for yourself. I have lost many thousands using the plus500 platform in the past and now I have evidence to prove they are scammers and their price of stocks do not reflect the real price of that stock.

I set a maximum a stop loss of £80 on a trade yesterday and the trade ended up being stopped at £104 loss. Why have the ability for me to set a stop when you don't stop the trade at the price I set it to stop at ?

I will be reporting this fraudulent behaviour to the FCA and seeking legal advise to get my money back from these con men