Plus500 Review

Updated: Nov 16, 2020 · Plus500.com  · Is this your company?

Plus500 is a CFD broker. Plus 500 offers the Mobile and WebTrader trading currency platforms. Traders with Plus500 accounts can trade CFDs on underlying financial instruments such as currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, commodities, options and indices.

Plus500
2017-04-19: The Belgian FSMA ordered the shutdown of plus500.be and for all branches of Plus500 to stop providing services to clients in Belgium.  CLICK HERE to confirm.
February 2016:  There is an FPA Traders Court vote against Plus500.  Unless this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends a very high level of caution dealing with Plus500.

October 2012:  Plus500 fined over 200,000 GBP by the FSA

FSA Penalty Details

Other websites of this company include www.plus500.co.il

Established: 2008
Address: Building 25 Matam, Haifa, 319160, Israel
Contact: support@plus500.com, +972 4-689-2154
Regulators: ASIC #417727, CySEC #250/14, FSA-S #SD039, MAS #CMS100648-1, FSCA #47546, FCA #FRN 509909
Trading platforms: Plus500
CFD: (20+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of Plus500.com on our forum

Milan, Italy,
Apr 7, 2019,

does not give profits

this company does not give profits. They manage to maintain their worthless Cysec licence because too little people complain. Clients receive almost threatening emails from Isreali people and give up. People write to Cysec or financial Ombudsman! This company should never be granted a license to operate in this business. They are happy till you lose. If you make profit, they refuse to give it by suspending the account in question.
also, if they claim that they earn money with the spread (that is clearly not true), why don't they allow scalping (more open positions, more spread correct?) nor EA? they claim that scalping is against the market rules. but the point is that retail traders trade CFDs that are derivatives are CANNOT move the market in any way! also the quantity traded would not be sufficient to manipulate the markets, as they claim in their threatening emails.

I already wrote to Cysec with some examples of their threatening emails, I hope they will lose their license soon.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Apr 8, 2019:
Hello Ilanna90,

Firstly, we are sorry that you feel this way.

Please be informed that Plus500 is a fully regulated CFD trading company which reflating the situation on market directly.

Plus500’s subsidiaries are authorized and regulated in different jurisdictions around the world.You are welcome read more about the regulating bodies we are bound to on our website. https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators .

In addition we would like to inform you that although trading leveraged CFDs can result in a profitable outcome, trading leveraged CFDs also involves a great risk of losing all the funds deposited

Please note you are most welcome to contact our Support team, via chat or email - https://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs in order to thoroughly review your query, as we strive to improve our services and provide you with the best trading experience possible.

Italy,
Dec 5, 2018,

Plus500 Affiliate SCAM

Plus500 is a full scam for every affiliate
they will lie to you and tell that you have to wait 6 months to check the traffic are you sending and of course afterall the tell you couldn't pay.....

BE far from their high offers because you won't receive a cents......

Reply by Plus500 submitted Dec 10, 2018:
Hello Max.

I am sorry to hear you feel this way.

Please note that Plus500 is a fully licensed and regulated CFD trading company as you can read in our website and online - https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators

In addition, you are welcome to contact our Support team in the following link-
http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx and I am sure they would gladly assist.

Scoot,
Uk, United Kingdom,
Dec 4, 2018,

ID problem provisional license

Be aware they wont accept a provisional license ID for some reason I cant think of. They only tell you this after you have deposited

Reply by Plus500 submitted Dec 6, 2018:
Hello Scoot,

Thank you for your comment.

You are most welcome to contact our customer support in the following link - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx
and I am sure they would gladly assist you with this matter

Athens, Greece,
Nov 27, 2018,

A decent Broker

I have to confess that Plus500 has become a very good broker.
They have the best mobile platform ever , fast enough , with rare requotes , many trading instruments and much faster withrawals than before,

Manchester, United Kingdom,
Nov 19, 2018,

Ongoing withdrawal delay

Last week my withdrawal was put on hold whilst my account was reviewed, and I promised an update today. At the time of writing the withdrawal is still on hold with no further clarification from plus500.com. I will continue to provide updates every 2-3 days until the matter is resolved, hopefully early this week.

Nov 14, 2018 - No Rating Account Review
I've attempted a withdrawal and been informed that it will be delayed whilst my account is reviewed. Obviously where a client's money is being withheld any review ought to be carried out with the utmost urgency. I will update accordingly on Monday 19/11/18

Reply by Plus500 submitted Nov 16, 2018 Hey,

Thank you for your comment.

Unfortunately, we couldn't locate your trading account, however, we can assure you that Plus500 is a fully regulated CFD trading company as you can read in our website and online - https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators

We thank you for your patience while your query is being handled.

For further clarification, please contact our Support - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx

Netherlands,
Nov 17, 2018,

Here in Holland (AFM) as well in France (AMF) the government warns people of Plus500 because a lot of people lost money they are investing the false game they play.
Be warned!

Reply by Plus500 submitted Nov 19, 2018:
Hello,

Plus500 is a fully licensed and regulated worldwide CFD trading company as you can read in our website and online - https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators.

Kindly note that trading in CFDs carries a high degree of risk. Trading will not always be profitable and can result in the loss of your entire trading account balance.

Moreover, plus 500 provides Negative balance protection for her clients.

Should you have any questions or require assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Support team, via chat or email - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx

Hong Kong,
Nov 14, 2018,

DISAPPOINTED AGAIN

After my on-going discussion with Plus 500, they finally approved my withdrawal.

HOWEVER, I withdraw the money on Nov 12 and 13, but the fund still not appear in my bank account. I called the bank, they don't find these transaction.

From my previous experience, once the withdrawal was approved and settled, I can see the fund on the same day. It happened to ALL my withdrawal before.

I'm pretty sure your side didn't send out the fund yet.

Nov 11, 2018 - 1 Star I followed the rules to play the game but my account was just locked yesterday. When I deposit money and lose money. Everything is fine to them.

When I started to win money, they will lock your account and reject your withdrawl.

My ticket number is 4054415

Now plus 500 stopped to reply my email.

I will start to do sth in Hk, trying to file a case at SF , but I don’t think it will help. For sure I will start to post in a few financial fourms to put people off trading in plus 500 as there are some using. It can go out to Asia very soon , hope less victims!

Reply by Plus500 submitted Nov 13, 2018 Hello,

We can see that your query is being reviewed by our senior team in ticket #4057330

You are kindly asked to reply in this ticket as you have an ongoing correspondence there.

We can assure that our support team will provide you with the best service possible.

Carel,
South Africa,
Oct 24, 2018,

Not happy

They promised a bonus after earning a certain number of trader points, but as I started doing good, the bonus disappeared

Reply by Plus500 submitted Oct 26, 2018:
Hello Carel,

Thank you for your comment!

We are sorry that this is how you feel.
As we were unable to locate your trading account, you are most welcome to contact our customer support team in the following link - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx and we are sure they would gladly assist you in resolving this matter.

Amelia McCall,
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom,
Sep 15, 2018,

I am puzzled why there is so much hatred towards this company.
Yes, they offer a more simplified trading software without the bells and whistles of MT4 or their support - but the software does what it says.
10+ members of my investment club also use Plus500 without issues.
I really think many of the issues are exaggerated but I could be wrong.

ALL withdrawals I've processed were sorted the same day..

Support could definitely be better however.

Simon Heather,
Jul 27, 2018,

Withdrawal Delay

I've had no problems until now but I am now making a larger withdrawal and suddenly I receive an email saying my withdrawal is going to be delayed whilst my account is reviewed. Updates to be posted here over the coming days

Reply by Plus500 submitted Jul 30, 2018:
Hello Simon,
Thank you for your comment!

Please consider that from time to time we undertake reviews of our customer's files and accounts, as well as withdrawal requests, as in your case.
That is why a notice about a short delay was sent out to your end.
We can assure you that our team is doing their best to review and process customers withdrawal requests.
You will be notified accordingly in the relevant ticket (email).

Thank you for your patience & understanding.

Is plus500 any good?

Unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy is the best resource for you to know about Plus500, further to determine if Plus500 is any good. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/5374/plus500.com-forex-brokers

Additionally, we'd recommend to check recent Plus500 community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/plus500/

What is the minimum deposit on plus500?

The minimum deposit for Plus500 varies depending on the deposit method you choose.

• Via credit/debit cards or electronic wallets, it is $100
  • Via bank transfer, it is $500

How do I withdraw money from Plus500?

To make a withdrawal from Plus500, you should follow these instructions:

• Click on “Funds Management”
  • Find “Withdrawal”
  • Select your preferred withdrawal method
  • Fill in the fields
  • Click on the "Submit" button
On mobile devices, you can access the “Funds Management” screen from the menu button.

Plus500 is a trademark of Plus500 Ltd Group. Plus500 Ltd Group is regulated in 5 countries.

• Plus500AU Pty Ltd: is regulated with Australian Securities and Investments Commission under license AFSL Number 417727.
  • Plus500AU Pty Ltd is authorised in South Africa with license Financial Services Provider #47546.
  • Plus500UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 509909).
  • Plus500CY Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (Licence No. 250/14).
  • Plus500SEY Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (Licence No. SD039).
  • Plus500SG Pte Ltd (UEN 201422211Z) holds a capital markets services license from the Monetary Authority of Singapore for dealing in capital markets products (License No. CMS100648-1).