Plus500 Review

Updated: Nov 16, 2020 · Plus500.com  · Is this your company?

Plus500 is a CFD broker. Plus 500 offers the Mobile and WebTrader trading currency platforms. Traders with Plus500 accounts can trade CFDs on underlying financial instruments such as currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, commodities, options and indices.

Plus500
2017-04-19: The Belgian FSMA ordered the shutdown of plus500.be and for all branches of Plus500 to stop providing services to clients in Belgium.  CLICK HERE to confirm.
February 2016:  There is an FPA Traders Court vote against Plus500.  Unless this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends a very high level of caution dealing with Plus500.

October 2012:  Plus500 fined over 200,000 GBP by the FSA

FSA Penalty Details

Other websites of this company include www.plus500.co.il

Established: 2008
Address: Building 25 Matam, Haifa, 319160, Israel
Contact: support@plus500.com, +972 4-689-2154
Regulators: ASIC #417727, CySEC #250/14, FSA-S #SD039, MAS #CMS100648-1, FSCA #47546, FCA #FRN 509909
Trading platforms: Plus500
CFD: (20+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of Plus500.com on our forum

John,
Scotland, United Kingdom,
Oct 5, 2012,

Demo account is impressive, so was thinking of investing real money. Reading these reviews, however has given me cause for concern.
One might expect a new broker to have teething problems initially, and hence earn some negative reviews. A decent broker would act on the comments, and an improvement in reviewer responses would be evident over time. This improvement is not evident for Plus 500; the latest reviews being just as adverse as the first ones. So, all I can do is to say: Thanks for the warning. folks.

dodi,
london, United Kingdom,
Dec 12, 2012,

i have been used that plus 500 about 1 year. with money transfer no problems just Platform is very bad !

Jerg,
Geseke, Germany,
Feb 14, 2013,

I only use the demo trial mode, which works quite good. Unfortunately there is no 60-sec-trading for testing.

Hisham,
Muscat, Oman,
Feb 20, 2013,

I'm really surprised of all bad comments about this service. I tried it myself. they are honest on all type of transactions. I withdrawed 4 time in less that 4 days . The feature of withdrawing from the platform is great. I never had any problem with them. I'm trading from almost one year . The response from customer service is very fast via email. My Cons is agaist the platform which starts slowly and not enabling you for hedging

Attila T,
, United Kingdom,
Mar 18, 2013,

I had a pretty good experience using plus500, their account verification process is fast and the withdrawal is also considerably quick. I used PayPal as payment method, deposit were made instantly and the withdrawal took 3 days, exactly as their customer support advised. All transactions went very smoothly, without any hassle at all. Their customer support always responded to my queries via email within a few hours. The platform is the only thing that they should improve, especially the graphs and the indicators.

Robert Morgenthau,
Jul 12, 2013,

Hello Forex Peace Army fans and moderators.

I didn't post a rating, since we haven't used Plus500. There are over 5500 traders in our circle, and we are currently using FXCM as our broker. We are having some issues with them and are migrating to a new broker. On behalf of myself, and the traders I work with, please let me extend our thanks to your forum. Without this information, we would have made a terrible mistake selecting Plus500 as our new broker.

Sincerely
- Robert

PS: Please continue with your efforts in maintaining an excellent resource for keeping traders informed.

Pete,
UK, United Kingdom,
Jul 29, 2013,

I wouldn't like to say i've been scammed exactly. But to.withdraw funds you must upload a form of i.d. My form of choice was my passport. I included a picture of m passport including all of my relevent details but omitted my passport number. My plea was rejected and Plus 500 emailed me to tell me why. Apparently i had to include the whole passport. I told them, "If you think, in today's privacy climate, that i am prepared to give a complete stranger my whole passport details, personal details AND passpor number, then you sir, are out of your f***ing mind." They claim everything is fine as they are regulated by the FSA. To which i replied, as of March 2013, there is no FSA. So financial ombudsman it is.

Kamran,
london, United Kingdom,
Nov 13, 2013,

Reliable choice , especially for UK based broker, One of very few fully FSA regulated broker, Hassle free secure paypal deposits and withdrawal, therefore no deposit or withdrawal fee, Withdrawals are relatively quick , Platform is very good for new traders as it is very easy to calculate lot sizes and it clearly shows how much money you are putting at risk and what exactly are potential gains or losses. All in all reliable UK based broker ! Keep up the good work

Thomas,
Bruges, Belgium,
Dec 20, 2013,

I'm a beginner trader and used this broker because the software looked easy to use at that time. However, the more you learn about forex trading you begin to see that their application is way below par. You have no drawing options on their charts (lines, fib, ...).
On top of that they do not allow scalping and refuse to give a clear definition on what they consider scalping.
When I heard reports of people not getting their money back I took out my money (got it back, minus my losses off course... beginner trader...)

Don't go for this broker, there are other brokers enough. If the complexity of MT4 spooks you then find a broker that offers ctrader, I find it rather intuitive.

Ahmed Mosad,
Cairo, Egypt,
Dec 23, 2013,

This company is blocked by link.net ISP in Egypt for many request to ban site due to scam claims from client in Egypt be Caution

Is plus500 any good?

Unbiased traders reviews on ForexPeaceArmy is the best resource for you to know about Plus500, further to determine if Plus500 is any good. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/5374/plus500.com-forex-brokers

Additionally, we'd recommend to check recent Plus500 community discussions: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/tags/plus500/

What is the minimum deposit on plus500?

The minimum deposit for Plus500 varies depending on the deposit method you choose.

• Via credit/debit cards or electronic wallets, it is $100
  • Via bank transfer, it is $500

How do I withdraw money from Plus500?

To make a withdrawal from Plus500, you should follow these instructions:

• Click on “Funds Management”
  • Find “Withdrawal”
  • Select your preferred withdrawal method
  • Fill in the fields
  • Click on the "Submit" button
On mobile devices, you can access the “Funds Management” screen from the menu button.

Plus500 is a trademark of Plus500 Ltd Group. Plus500 Ltd Group is regulated in 5 countries.

• Plus500AU Pty Ltd: is regulated with Australian Securities and Investments Commission under license AFSL Number 417727.
  • Plus500AU Pty Ltd is authorised in South Africa with license Financial Services Provider #47546.
  • Plus500UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 509909).
  • Plus500CY Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (Licence No. 250/14).
  • Plus500SEY Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (Licence No. SD039).
  • Plus500SG Pte Ltd (UEN 201422211Z) holds a capital markets services license from the Monetary Authority of Singapore for dealing in capital markets products (License No. CMS100648-1).