Plus500 Review

Updated: Oct 9, 2020 · Plus500.com  · Is this your company?

Plus500 is a CFD broker. Plus 500 offers the Mobile and WebTrader trading currency platforms. Traders with Plus500 accounts can trade CFDs on underlying financial instruments such as currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, commodities, options and indices.

Plus500
2017-04-19: The Belgian FSMA ordered the shutdown of plus500.be and for all branches of Plus500 to stop providing services to clients in Belgium.  CLICK HERE to confirm.
February 2016:  There is an FPA Traders Court vote against Plus500.  Unless this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends a very high level of caution dealing with Plus500.

October 2012:  Plus500 fined over 200,000 GBP by the FSA

FSA Penalty Details

Other websites of this company include www.plus500.co.il

Established: 2008
Address: Building 25 Matam, Haifa, 319160, Israel
Contact: support@plus500.com, +972 4-689-2154
Regulators: ASIC #417727, CySEC #250/14, FSA-S #SD039, MAS #CMS100648-1, FSCA #47546, FCA #FRN 509909
Trading platforms: Plus500
CFD: (20+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill
Withdrawal Methods: VISA, MasterCard, Local Bank Transfers, PayPal, Skrill

Join live discussion of Plus500.com on our forum

Pretoria, South Africa,
Jan 17, 2018,

My Account Blocked without knowing the cause

Plus500 blocked my account and they did not tell me why, they just do as they like treating us old cars, this is what they told after i asked them why im blocked....
" Hello Lutendo,

This was a business decision and we will not be able to provide you with any additional information on any internal reasons. In accordance with section 22.7 of the User Agreement, we are entitled to terminate the User Agreement immediately by providing you written notice, with or without cause, in our sole and absolute discretion.

Accordingly, at this stage we will not be able to continue our business relationship with you.

Your funds will be sent back to the source of deposit.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. "

Reply by Plus500 submitted Jan 22, 2018:
Hello Lutendo,
Thank you for your comment.

Since you have been corresponding with our team and received a detailed explanation, ticket #3307779, you are most welcome to place your open question regarding your account situation within this correspondence.

We thank you for your cooperation.

Johannesburg , South Africa,
Jan 1, 2018,

They now won't respond to my emails

I've been with plus500 for over 6 months now. Sometimes they just start suspicious activities such as changing settings(recently removed chat so we can't reach them easily) and leverages of certain instruments without letting us know. Sometimes they close positions for you and sometimes they cancel your withdrawals. On top of trying to understand those problems they recently blocked my withdrawals, my account is fully verified and they confirmed that too, I can deposit just find but when I'm trying to withdraw it shows blank. I then emailed them since their chat doesn't work no more. They told me my documents aren't verified and they cancelled my address verification. Again I fetch the document from the back and re uploaded, my account was fully verified again and then again when I tried to withdraw my withdrawals were blocked. I emailed them again and they did exactly the same thing rejecting one of my documents. I ended up telling them I'm gonna file a court case against them. That's when they promised to check it. I gave them a week to check and the response was that my account is okay I can continue with normal trading activities. When I tried to withdraw it still blank and they claimed to have fixed it. I emailed them again and explained that the problem is still there, they started saying strange things that my documents are wrong and need to email them new ones and something about my tax number being wrong. I immediately email them all the documents and got no response ever since. I'm suggesting people should stay away from plus500 until they resolve their issues and bring back liveChat.

Dec 22, 2017 - 1 Star Plus500 was a good broker, I been using it for over 2 years now. But recently they removed the chat, changed the graphs and tools. I closed my account with them In October and now I went back and open another one. They allowed me to deposit but won't allow me to withdraw. When I'm trying to withdraw it shows blank and my account was fully verified. After leaving the a query they cancelled my documents and said my account isn't verified. I re uploaded my documents now hoping for the best. I think people should be careful dealing with plus500 now because I think the company is loosing too much so they trying to re strategize. Remember they only win if majority loses and lose if majority wins.

Reply by Plus500 submitted Dec 28, 2017 Hello!

Thank you for your comment and rating.

As we attach great importance to costumers feedback and satisfaction level, we would like to explain the following

Costumer are most welcome to request a withdrawal of their available funds at any time which will be processed with 1-3 business days, as long as the account is fully verified.

As for tradings conditions, please note that those may change from time to time and it is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of the conditions offered as stated.

As for other changes in the platform, be assured that those are implemented to simplify the usage and make your trading experience more enjoyable.

In case you require any further assistance, feel free to contact our Support at any time - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx

Reply by Plus500 submitted Jan 11, 2018:

Thank you for your comment.

Due to a higher amount of customer's queries than usual, it may take us longer and up to few hours to reply. Also, due to this reason, unfortunately the chat isn't always available.

However, we can see that you mentioned this matter is already under review by our Support team.
We can assure you that they we do their best to provide you with a detailed reply regarding any query you may have and put their best efforts to solve this matter to your satisfaction.

You are more then welcome to place any open question you may still have within the correspondence with our Support.

We appreciate your understanding.

Rodrigo,
Hampshire, United Kingdom,
Dec 23, 2017,

Plus500 is not putting your money in the real market but their own simulation of the market, so they manipulate prices to rob you!

Rip off company beware!! The prices shown on plus500 are not the actual market prices, check for yourself look at the prices of bitcoin for example on plus500 then check on google or coinbase its hundreds sometimes thousands different! You are not putting your money in the real market but in a simulation created to rip you off!!
Here is how i lost £120 after creating my account yesterday. Bitcoin prices were going up so i bought nearly £200 worth, all of the sudden prices started dropping so i checked coinbase and prices were going up nearly £800 higher than plus500, then i checked google and other sites the price was going up by nearly 7% on the same time the prices were dropping by nearly 10% on plus500, so they canceled my position automatically making me £120 loss, and prices went up again. The plataform is a rip off simulation environment go and check for yourself before getting robbed!

Reply by Plus500 submitted Dec 28, 2017:
Hello Rodrigo,
Thank you for your comment.
It is important to explain that Plus500 quotes prices with reference to the price of the relevant underlying financial instrument and its spread.

For any given financial instrument Plus500 will quote two prices: the higher price (ASK) at which the Client can buy (long) that financial instrument, and the lower price (BID) at which the Client can sell (short) it. Plus500’s prices can be found on our website or trading platforms.

This price is obtained from a range of independent third party reference sources, various nominated independent financial market data providers, who source their price feeds from relevant exchanges.

Bear in mind that Plus500 offers a fixed or dynamic spread for its instruments. The calculation of the spread can be conducted by subtracting the sell price from the buy price of the instrument. The dynamic spread can change during the period of which your position is open, whereas the fixed spread remains unchanged at all times.

In addition, please note that a part of our instruments (most commodities and indices) are future based contracts, thus the rates indicated on our platform are derived from the price of the futures contract and not the rates of the underlying instrument.

You can see the information regarding the spread and a future contract in the “Details” link next to the instrument’s name on the far right hand side in the main screen of the platform.

Please also note that Plus500 is a fully regulated CFD trading company as you can read in our website and online - https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators, as a such we are not involved in any questionable activity nor do we manipulate nor influence the rates reflected.

In case you require any further information, or are in need of assistance, feel free to contact our Support at any time.
Slovenia, Slovenia,
Dec 13, 2017,

Total scam.

Total scam. They have closed my position with a spike that none exchange on the web has noticed. Their support response time is pretty fast, but only sending copy-paste answers. Soo only one word - Plus500 is terrible scam broker.

Thank you for your comment.

As a such we are not engaged in any questionable activity, as implied.
We would gladly clarify any question you might have on that matter.

As for our rates, reflected in the platform:

Should you require any further assistance, feel free to contact our Support anytime!

Felipe,
Spain, Spain,
Dec 13, 2017,

Keep away from this 'broker'

I would like to warn traders of using any broker that offers bonuses and sponsors football clubs, as Plus500 does. The only thing they want to do by sponsoring football clubs is to attract potential customers that spend their money in sports bet, which at the end is the same business model as a pure market maker: if you lose, they win.

Hello Felipe.
Thank you for your comment.

We would like to explain the following as for the order execution, in reference to your trading account:
Clients trade CFDs directly with Plus500CY and Plus500CY is the counterparty to the clients’ trade. Plus500CY acts as the sole execution venue i.e. all trades are executed by Plus500CY on behalf of its clients using the Plus500 trading platform and for each trade an identical hedge trade takes place between Plus500CY and the Company’s counterparty which means that customers’ aims are more aligned with the Company own aims.
All trading activity is 100% automated, in respect of both you and Plus500, which ensures the prompt, fair and expeditious execution of client Orders.

We would also like to emphasize that, Plus500 is a fully regulated CFD trading company as you can read in our website and online - https://www.plus500.com/FAQ/Regulators

Should you need any further clarifications please do not hesitate to contact our Support - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx

Dave,
Perth, Australia,
Dec 12, 2017,

Plus 500

Plus 500 doesn't let me withdraw money. Been trying the last few weeks have everything verified bank account and card. Latest is I need a letter from my bank to show my card is linked to my account. Have rang the bank and you can't event get a letter that shows this. Wouldn't recommend plus 500 to anyone at the minute anyway avoid at all costs.

Hello Dave,
Thank you for your comment.

Please be informed that as per our legal and regulatory obligations, Plus500 is required to verify your identity and residential address, for which a photo ID and residence information and/or documentation may be required.
When you open an account with Plus500, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations against money laundering and terrorism financing, including, but not limited to, the requirement to provide satisfactory evidence of your identity, residential address, source of funds, etc. Plus500 will not establish a business relationship with an individual unless and until the client’s identity and residential address have been successfully verified and/or all necessary documents have been received and verified.
This is to protect both you and us from fraud as well as guard your privacy, and is therefore part of our standard due diligence process. Plus500 reserves its right to impose additional due diligence requirements where necessary.

Should you require any further assistance with a transaction or your account, please feel free to let us know alongside with providing your account email address.

prudent,
french, France,
Dec 5, 2017,

plus-500 is good for mi

Hello ! me for now I'm happy plus-500.
I think it's wrong to look at the graph on another software like investing is seeing the change.

I do not think that to take me 50 € the exchange rate changes 1.00% or so the guy is poorly paid.

but still today I pass seller is the yard goes from -0.19% to + 1.15% to redessendre -0.21% so I am nothing lost because I keep the open position. but if someone plays against me ok have played. But I would be curious to see someone spend 1 day to take me € 50 while me if I earn € 50 per day I am happy.

if I manage not to lose is to cash a gain I would post another notice.

change of thread in a traffic jam is the car of go back will you double logical or not it is the reality

Hello.

We were not able to fully understand your comment, but would like to add the following:
Trading CFDs involves many risks and therefore requires skills, knowledge and understanding of these risks and is not suitable for everyone.
Although trading leveraged CFDs can result in a profitable outcome, trading leveraged CFDs also involves a great risk of losing all the funds deposited in order to place and maintain the trade, therefore, you must be aware of the risks involved and should not trade with money that you cannot afford to lose.

You can read more about leverage and margins on our website -

Kindest Regards,
Amsterdam, Netherlands,
Dec 3, 2017,

Good broker, not the best. They payed my profits in full, but wouldn't let me play further after big profits.

When I was using this broker, I was actually very happy. They offered good execution on cryptos. It wasn't good all the time. Many times I couldn't close a position. Or the price feed was switched between two brokers (which led to some big loss one time, but later on this switch was in my favor). I made some good money and they payed me out in full. After that they decided to terminate my account.

I can understand why people are upset with this broker. But I found a way around these "faults" they have in their platform. And the best: they gave me my money, without any major hassle.

Thank you for your comment.

Please consider that Plus500 will not close your account without an explanation based on the terms&conditions offered.
One of the benefits of trading with a regulated firm is that you know you are contracting with a reliable and reputable provider in a regulated environment, which has stringent rules and regulations designed, in particular, to protect the interests of retail clients

Should you require any further clarifications, be welcome to contact our Support anytime.

Dionysis,
Greece, Greece,
Nov 30, 2017,

Terrible Broker

Thieves, randomly increasing spreads, won't pay any affiliate, just terrible. Do not deal with them

Hi there,

As for Affiliates, please contact our affiliates team by writing an email to affiliates@plus500.com, or by filling in the 'Contact Us' form:
Unfortunately we wont be able to comment on a matter related to your business relationship with that team.

Australia,
Nov 24, 2017,

Total Scam

My wife registered with this company. Made and lost some money on Crypto currency. Wanted to take her money out and suddenly they are making every excuse for not giving her money back. This company is a total scam and the government should shut these fraudsters down. Don't sign up whatever you do.

Hello there.

Our costumers are more then welcome to request a withdrawal of their available funds, at any point, as long as their account is fully verified.

We are obligated to verify authenticity of your identity and other relevant details (such as, but not limited to, registered postal address, payment means ownership) against the requested documents.

This is part of our standard due diligence process and is designed for the protection of your privacy and to prevent fraud.

For any further clarifications as for your wife's trading account situation please ask her to contact us anytime - http://www.plus500.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx