AvaTrade Review

AvaFx.com

Updated: Aug 13, 2020 · AvaTrade.com  · Is this your company?

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers over 50 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

AvaTrade
June 2020:  An AvaTrade employee has told the FPA that "we are one of 3000 companies to use the same IP."  The FPA wonders about the security of sensitive client personal and financial information with so many offices of so many companies sharing the same IP address.
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za.

Established: 2006
Address: Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact: cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, AD-FSRA #190018, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade
CFD: (500+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com on our forum

AvaTrade.com profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Apr 13, 2020

AvaTrade is an award-winning online broker offering Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Commodities, Stocks, Indices, Cryptocurrencies and more. The company is regulated across 6 jurisdictions with a global clientele in over 150 countries.

london, United Kingdom,
Jun 4, 2020,

update

Update to my previous review.

they have lowered their indices leverage without let their client know.

They have adjusted their swap fee for all currencies without notice their client. though fees are fair after adjustment... for example EURUSD fee was : 3.4% for long and 0% for short position before and NOW its 2.3% for long and 1.1 % for short.

but i still think they have to send a notice to their client IN ADVANCE about this change!!!

send an email to let your client know these change are not difficult, but gain company's transparency and your client can adjust their trade position before change became effective.

if they are going to do this in the future again without send a notification to their client, i will LEAVE AVATRADE.

Mar 19, 2020 - 5 Stars i have been with AVATRADE since 2019 September. and below are my honest review.

1. Deposit, the first deposit from any new card normally credit into your account within 2-3 hours, any following deposit from that card's deposit are credit into your account immediately.

2. Withdraw. i have only done 2 withdraws so far, but they were processed quickly. i received both money within 3 working days. i can not say any further withdraw will arrive on time. but for my previous 2, it was great.

3. Spreads. Spreads are OKAY. they offer average Spreads, some instrument are good, you just need to find out which one they listed has good spreads and trade those instrument. some are better than other broker and some are worse than others.
i see a lots of people here are blaming they widing their spreads. please go and check every single broker in the Market, none of them always provide the same Spread, during low liquidity hours and news events they ALL SAME, which is wide the spreads. also if you have chosen to trade at the very beginning of the asia session starts (after 10pm UK time), then you should accept that the spread are SUPER WIDE for the first 1 or 2 hours, after that period spreads are going back to normal, so choose your trading hours wisely if you are a scalper or short term trader.

4. Slippage. i normally can't notice if there are 1 or 2 point slippage when place the market order trade. but i myself experienced a noticeable slippage once. i was trading GBPAUD 1 lot size. but i forgot what event was happening. my sell stop order was executed, however it was far away from my sell stop point, i should have start to profit but it was executed at the bottom of that candle and the market was bounce up immediately. i was floating lose 700 GBP immediately which is about 100 pips slippage, i emailed my account manager, and he said it was due to the slippage... okay. i then decide to hold this trade for few days and finally this position was recovered. However slippage is somehow big problem at news events.

5. Swap fee. i think they have put their swap fee to cheaper price. as most of the swap offered from avatrade for short position are 0 so they lowered their Long position fees. i treat this is Good. other brokers are giving small positive swap fee on long/short and give significant negative fees on long/short to that instrument.

6. Customer service. Every time i ping their Customer service on their LiveChat. they give quick response and helped me to deal my questions. Overall it was good experience.

7. Execution time. the trade execution time is OKAY. my connection to the server is about 10ms. but i feel unnoticeable laggy on placing trade. it's just very little, you can't see it from the screen. but you can feel it.
when you place the trade at the same time from another broker to compare the execution speed, you will notice that there is very small laggy from avatrade.

8. Bonus. i keep receiving calls from account manager offer me to top up certain amount then i can get bonus. Bonus is good, you can trade lager position with it. but with bonus activated, unless you traded certain volume you can not make withdrawal including your deposit. you either 1. trade enough volume to turn bonus withdrawable 2. cancel the bonus and withdraw your money.

Above is all my reviews. i will add some more if i got some up or anything got changed.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 20, 2020 Dear Huanglaohu,

First and foremost we thank you sincerely for taking the time to write such a detailed, excellent review, thoroughly outlining your positive experience with us at AvaTrade. We thank you for choosing AvaTrade, and it is great to have you on board with us.

We wish you lots of trading success, and of course, we wish the worldwide community well in these testing times for our global population.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jun 11, 2020:
Dear Huanglaohu,

We thank you for the update.

To sincerely address your point of feedback regarding the swaps, the swaps are changed periodically throughout the year in line with Central Bank Interest Rates. And although within our terms and conditions that clients agree to upon joining us, email updates for such changes are not included, we do take on board your constructive feedback that highlighting such updates would be a welcome feature.

Again, sincerely turning to your point covering margin changes on some Indices, in line with our terms and conditions, this may occur due to market volatility; and once again, although our terms and conditions that clients agree to upon joining do not include email updates as par for the course, we do take your feedback on board once again.

As a thoroughly regulated broker, we absolutely do aim to provide complete transparency for our clients, and we do indeed welcome valuable feedback, such as this update you have kindly taken the time to provide.

Should you require any further information or clarification, we would love to hear from you by contacting us directly at AvaTrade, providing your trading account number and registered email; this will allow us to locate you in our system, and then assist accurately and promptly.

The AvaTade Team

Dron,
LOndon, United Kingdom,
May 31, 2020,

50 PIPS SPREAD for old or 500 for new MT4

I gave 1 star just for 50 old or 500 new pips spread for GBP/CAD. Avatrade closed by stop loss my position because of the spread was this time 50 pips. People just make conclusions yourself - do you want trade with broker who can hit your stop loss wherever you put it or or. They explained it was market volatility. Haha market volatility at 23.00 GMT with no news. Not just me been trading this position - it was position from signal provider, so other guys on other broker been opening the same position with the same stopl loss level but other brokers never got this huge spread and their broker did not hit their stop loss.
This is a really big fault of the company and it seems that they use virtual plugin to manupulate on the market.

evidance on picture http://joxi.net/DmBxjPZFJMPweA

Dear Dron,

We wish to highlight that our Customer Service Team thoroughly investigated your case and deemed that AvaTrade has complied strictly with its regulations and the contract that you have agreed to upon joining us.

Our Customer Service team has also provided the instructions for filing a Formal Complaint should you wish to escalate the matter further; all the information of which has been relayed in customer service ticket number 414088. Should you require any further assistance or clarification please contact us directly at cs@avatrade.com and we will assist, within our capacity to do so.

kuwait, Kuwait,
May 31, 2020,

evil trade not avatrade

Hello, I was subjected to a fraud and fraudulent operation from the company AvaTrade, as they are holding $ 4,414.12, knowing that I have executed all withdrawals on the cards from which I deposited the sums. I contacted the customer service employee today, so tell me that you must withdraw $ 950 to one of Cards Until the withdrawal restrictions are removed from your account, I made a withdrawal request for this amount and then the withdrawal was canceled again and they sent me this message:
Hey MOHAMMAD,

Your withdrawal request, which is 950.00 USD, was rejected due to the need to split the WD between different payment methods.

Please, I want a solution to this problem, because AvaTrade does not care about the customer’s complaint to the regulatory bodies. It seems that this company is a fraud and a thief of the money. I really do want to get my money back.
Because AvaTrade believes that the British Virgin Islands license is a weak license, not a strong one.

Customer Service Officer Name: Hussam
The name of my account manager: Bashir Shaheen

Dear Luisfigo710,

We wish to kindly highlight that your Account Manager has been touch with you and assisted in how to make your withdrawals; and we are pleased the matter is now resolved for you and remind all we are on hand to assist, via our Live Chat from our website or via cs@avatrade.com

We wish also to assure you that our clients are indeed at the forefront of our attention, we comply with our regulation strictly, and we thank you for choosing AvaTrade and do look forward to your experience being in positive territory now.

milano, Italy,
May 30, 2020,

scam. stay away from this broker, it is not ECN but MARKET MAKER THAT EARN

I have the avatrade account n 74145327 email giulio274g@libero.it. I joined the TELEGRAM INVESTING AUTOMATIC managed by 2 incapable or fraudsters named Thomas and Chiara, channel connected with Avatrade and affiliated to them, the result invested 500 euros and lost 90% of the capital in just 4 days. I ask avatrade for the name of the company of these fools who have disappeared everywhere, from telegram, and from facebook, but avatrade refuses to give me the name of this company so Avatrade takes affiliates that. they have no license, no address, no VAT number and it is clear this is a ghost company that works illegally. I was hoping to find their data in the contract, but nothing. contract then written in English and not in Italian so as not to be understood. there is a 40% that is up to them but how do they receive them in black? avatrade has the data of these shady individuals but does not want to give them. omerta? reported to the Milan finance guard and to the postal police. in this case avatrade is conniving with this scam because they have an interest in gaining from my losses to share them among themselves. 40% is written on the contract. since avatrade does not give me the name of the company, it responds directly as responsible. I do not exclude that these gentlemen have lost the money we have pocketed. artfully prepared cheating. I complain that they use lots as high as 0.20 0.15 0.10, they tell me that I am right and that there was an error, that they will operate with 0.01 0.02 and that they will not do it anymore '(telegram emails all recorded and saved on a stick) but then they do the opposite, indeed they even increase the lots until I lose almost all the capital in the record time of 4 days. the suspects who organized a scam and acted as a counterpart are high

Dear qwBelfagor,

We are sincerely sorry to hear about your experience. We must, however, kindly and tentatively remind all that third parties are a separate entity from us, completely independent from AvaTrade.

We wish to highlight that we do not endorse, or vouch for, any services provided by a third party, and are not responsible for any losses resulting from your use of any information or advice given by any third party. We also make a kind reminder that all traders are fully responsible for making all decisions in regard to their account, assessing the merits and risks of the account itself along with any form of trading activity.

Our Customer Service team, as requested, has provided the instructions for filing a Formal Complaint; all the information has been relayed in customer service ticket number 413422. Should you require any further assistance or clarification please contact us directly at cs@avatrade.com and we will assist, within our capacity to do so.

Michael,
Ravenna, Italy,
May 27, 2020,

Positive experience

Hi, i'm italian and after 3 and a half years i decided to withdraw my money and everything went well. I put money in 2016 with a card that expired in 2018 and the customer service helped me to withdraw and to sent money in my bank account.

Dear Michael,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience with us.

We thank you for choosing AvaTrade.

Berta,
Brazil, Brazil (really the offices of AvaTrade in Israel),
May 25, 2020,

Verification process not efficient

I am trying to get my account verified since January and they always reject by proof of residence. I have provided Electricity bill under my name and issued within last 3 months, they said they will also need my payslip, i have sent them, then they have requested for also my tax documentation, i have sent it, they have rejected everything! Poor customer service and Compliance team. Going to deposit my $1000 elsewhere.

This review was left for a different broker from inside the offices of AvaTrade.  The FPA considers this sort of action to be extremely unethical.  Leaving a review for a competing company without disclosing that the reviewer works for the competitor is a violation of the law in the USA as well as other countries.  The FPA has a policy against allowing competitors to review each other.  Every reviewer must click a button certifying that I have no business or personal relationship with the reviewed company or any of its competitors, except as a client before a review can be submitted.

Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.
Ireland, Ireland,
May 23, 2020,

Scam, unhelpful, money eater so please stay away

They are 110% thief and scam, stealing your money with sophisticated and very advance ways and Technics, stay away if you respect your hard earned money
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted May 26, 2020:
Dear Pervez,

We are sincerely sorry to hear your opinion. We wish to kindly and tentatively highlight that your Account Manager has been in touch to liaise with you in regards to leverage and your stated experience, and outlined the procedure for raising a formal complaint, should you wish to do so.

Our Customer Service Team has also provided the instructions for filing a Formal Complaint; all of the information has been relayed to you in customer service ticket number 412701.

Vancouver, Canada,
May 9, 2020,

Bad Customer Service

Hey
If you don't like headache, don't get close to them. I opened a real account with them and I had a bad experience with their customer service don't recommend them at all, after you open your account you need to upload some documents to verify your account and it says it can take about 24 hours to get verified I uploaded all the requested documents and after about a week nothing happened not even a message from them, I sent an email and asked them about the status of my account and after two days got a respond which was saying your bank statement doesn't have address, although I had sent them my utility bill for proof of address and that statement was just a part of "Financial Document". Financial Document Guidelines based on their website are as follow and you see nothing about address is mentioned:

Guidelines:

Applicable Documents - bank statements (A/C statements, mortgage statements etc.), Visa statements
The document must be dated within 6 months before the current date.

FOREX is really time based service, think twice if you wanna work with them.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted May 26, 2020:
Dear RussF,

We are sincerely sorry our verification process caused you frustration, it is absolutely not intended to, merely to comply with our regulations.

We wish to highlight that on May the 11th 2020 our Customer Service team sent confirmation via ticket 397975 that your card deposit had been refunded.

We wish to assure you we are here for any further assistance you may wish to receive.

CHRIS,
CALGARY, Canada,
May 4, 2020,

BE AWARE OF THIS BROKER

I opened an account 3 weeks ago and deposited $355 to my account. They asked me to verify my account in able to start trading, it took me 3 weeks to verify the account because of the regulation under canadian rules and they asked me additional documents to be verified. After almost a month, finally they sent me an email that they already got the proper documents and it will be forwarded to the right department. After 2 or 3 days they sent me an email again that my account is not qualified for trading. That's the time when i asked them to refund my money and just terminate the account but they said they have to escalate the refund to the right department. First of all we don't have an agreement that if i can not verify my account or not qualified for trading then they will keep my money forever. I tried to withdraw my money in my AVA account but until now they are not allowing me to and keep on getting this message (you need to verify your account first before you can access the withdrawal section) BE AWARE of this broker and learn from this review. They will take your money! I will keep on posting reviews about this broker if they dont give my money back!
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted May 7, 2020:
Dear Chris,

We firstly wish to thank you for your sincere patience and wish to firmly assure you our Customer Service team has arranged for the funds to be returned to you, which is now in progress - and you will receive confirmation via your customer service ticket 395340 too.

Our verification process is by no means meant to cause frustration but is an essential part for us to comply with our regulations.

Our Customer Service team will continue liaising with you, we kindly ask you to keep them posted when your funds arrive back with you, and of course, for any assistance you need, please do not hesitate to reach out to the team.

We very much endeavor to move your experience of AvaTrade into positive territory, we thank you for choosing AvaTrade in the first instance, and do hope to welcome you once again should you wish to.

Johannesburg, South Africa,
Apr 29, 2020,

11513182 - 1st Deposit Made Avatrade denies receipt

I made a payment of R5650,77 from my account Account manager Martin Dimitrov called told me the payment declined and says i must make another payment. I checked with my bank transaction has gone out of my account R5838.75 i have my full bank statement and states funds have gone out of my account. This is fraud! Never thought till it struck me! You guys have hit the wrong guy even if it clears through i dont want to trade with you!!! Bad customer service. I will make sure Avatrade faces hell in South Africa. I need my deposit returned i dont want to trade with Avatrade.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted May 7, 2020:
Dear Prince,

We are sincerely sorry to hear this, and we very much wish to reassure you that our Customer Service Team is assisting you via ticket 393058 to resolve everything; they will continue to assist until all is resolved.

We thank you for your patience, we thank you for choosing AvaTrade, and we sincerely wish to move your experience with us into positive territory, promptly.