AvaTrade Review

AvaFx.com

Updated: Aug 3, 2020 · AvaTrade.com  · Is this your company?

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers over 50 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

AvaTrade
June 2020:  An AvaTrade employee has told the FPA that "we are one of 3000 companies to use the same IP."  The FPA wonders about the security of sensitive client personal and financial information with so many offices of so many companies sharing the same IP address.
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za.

Established: 2006
Address: Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact: cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, AD-FSRA #190018, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade
CFD: (500+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com on our forum

AvaTrade.com profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Apr 13, 2020

AvaTrade is an award-winning online broker offering Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Commodities, Stocks, Indices, Cryptocurrencies and more. The company is regulated across 6 jurisdictions with a global clientele in over 150 countries.

Ben,
Hungary,
Aug 15, 2007,

I worked with their demo account for 2, 3 months and it was very good. So I opened a real account but I saw in real account allways there is some delay for transaction so I couldn't use those sharp deals as I made in demo account and make money. In the other hand in 2 bad moves I lost 2 x $100 in 2 different deals. So I haven't got back any money. I'm not sure that when you made money realy they pay or not. Their bonus is so conditioned. You should have more than 20 deals per month for 3 months then they will give you that bonus.

hamid khatabi,
Cyprus,
Sep 5, 2007,

it's been about 6 month that I am dealing with them. They are good people.
The platform is user friendly and easy to use.
spread is fixed and the help menu at the platform is very good.

But the indicators are not professional, for example when you want to set a Moving Average there is no option of "Close" " High" or "open" to choose. It is only median.

Anyway this broker has no problem.

Lee,
Sep 21, 2007,

This broker have a fix spreads,definately better than FXCM which i used to trade last time.
It is a subdivision of the finance company call clalfinance in israel.
can be reach at www.clalfinance.com overall i an happy with them even thought i still losse money due to my lack of experience.

Quadri,
Nigeria,
Oct 6, 2007,

Avafx are good and honest people,especially Eric Beck who gives excellent customer support.The platform is effective and simple to understand.Real-time fills and less slippage.I recommend avafx to anyone who cares to trade forex.I newly opened an account with them and can not comment over the withdrawal process or delays(if any) but once im ready to make a withdrawal...i will let this forum know how long it took and what currency.

idham,
Oct 10, 2007,

they stold my money even from depositing. They said they return back but nothing.
here is my chat with their customer service:
Please wait for a site operator to respond. You may also call us 24 hours at: +1-212-796-0731
You are now chatting with 'Eric'
Eric: Hello and welcome to AvaFX.com. How can I assist you?
Idham: hi
Idham: I'm still wondering why my account still frozen
Idham: can you help me
Eric: Please hold one moment, I will be with you shortly.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Rashad'.
You are now chatting with 'Rashad'
Idham: hi rashad
Idham: I'm still wondering why my account still frozen
Idham: can you help me
Idham: I'm still waiting
Rashad: ok sir
Idham: can you help me Rashad
Rashad: Do you have real or demo account?
Idham: real account. I deposit $150 and my account is frozen
Idham: the $150 is successfully transfered but it did'nt goes into my account
Idham: I have waited 2 weeks already
Rashad: Oh I can see your account
Idham: What is the problem
Rashad: Mr. Ismail, you are using credit fraudulence card
Rashad: Please next time use your own credit card
Idham: it is my credit card. Actually it is a debit card
Idham: why did you say it is somebody else credit card
Idham: its mine.
Idham: I submited my the picture of the debit card and it is belong to me
Rashad: please try with other card
Rashad: this card didnt pass the security measures
Idham: I don't have other card. It is mine. What about the $150 successfully transfered
Rashad: or you can use other method
Idham: what do you need to confirm that the card belongs to me
Rashad: I believe you, but it didnt pass the security mesures.
Rashad: the 150$ was returned to your card
Idham: Oh common. You actually ask for my documentation
Idham: And I did send to you
Idham: What about my free $50
Rashad: you will get it after you deposit with other method
Idham: I already deposited to my account $150 for the first time. And I trade with it. Then I deposit another
$150. It stated accepted but It did'nt go in into my account
Idham: I already loss my first deposited $150. I'm suppose to get the $50
Rashad: Please hold on while I check this...
Rashad: can you please send us some document from your bank that proof it is your
Idham: no problem
Rashad: and can you give me a details of your bank
Idham: where to send?
Rashad: you can send to rashad@avafx.com
Rashad: or to upload
Rashad: I need details of somebody from your bank to confirm this with him
Rashad: Im sorry for all this , but you need to understand that we have to take the necessary cautions
Idham: the debit card is link to my saving account.
Idham: this debit card does not have a statement
Idham: I will send the statement for the saving account. You can check my detail by calling their customer service
at 603-5522 3000. Or go to www.affinbank.com.my
Idham: ok
Idham: I already send to you
Idham: do you want my passport details and the picture of the debit card
Rashad: i already have it
Idham: I dont understand
Idham: behind the debit card there is my signature
Idham: and you can compare with my passport
Rashad: yes but this doesnt say anything
Rashad: and the statement that you sent doesnt say anything about the card
Idham: are you sure you return back the $150 I deposit the second time.
Idham: this debit card is link to the statement of my saving account
Rashad: in the second time you deposited 100$
Idham: ok
Idham: but are you sure you return back?
Rashad: the transaction was cancelled
Idham: it stated at the page successfull
Rashad: yes but cancelled after that
Idham: hopefully you are right
Idham: i'm getting fed up already
Idham: you have all my details but still not satisfied
Rashad: why are the digits on the card is not straight
Rashad: ?
Idham: the plastic cover is ruin a little bit because I put it inside my wallet. Here in Malaysia is hot. Its always like
that with cards in Malaysia due to wear and tear.
Rashad: please change the card and send me the copy again, i still cant confirm this card
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.
They even terminate the chat just like that. Can you believe this

Naim,
Oct 19, 2007,

SCAM!
well I guess I made too much money with them. I trade news, and before it was simple, click and go, maybe have some requotes, now ALL my orders go through the dealer even for 1 lot in a very stable market. so I just see my order there and the price has to stay the same for 5 seconds for me to get a fill, so guess what, goodbye news trading

2007-08-28 4 Stars Not the best, but def not the worst.

Good features:
levrage 200:1 is good if u don't have a lot of money to start with, but that also means u can wipe out ur account easier.
Withdral: no fees are paid for withdrawls, u also pay no fees for deposits.
One click feature: good to use with felix's secret news weapon, basically u click once and ur in (u have to download the software for this)
Fixed pips: even in news time. for exemple the gu is always 4 pip spread even when other broker are 30-40 pips.

Bad features:
Withdrals take up to a week to get them.
Support isn't always the best. it's decent, but def seen better
Work station did freeze a couple a times
Fixed pips means that if u stay out of news trades and low volatility periodsm ur probably better off with another broker.
Swaps: u pay for swaps, but u don't get paid unless u have a platinum account (10K).
Orders: u can't choose buy limits and sell limits, u can only buy at the current price. u can however get alerts when the price reaches the level u want.
Charts: they do offer all the tools such as macd, rsi... but u hardly see them. if ur a technical trader ur gonna have a hard time.

Conclusion: personally I only use avafx for spike trading (news) so the fixed pips works great and the high levrage means I make way more money. see the bad/good things and decide.

Keat,
Oct 20, 2007,

Becareful of this broker...withdrawal not pay in full amount...! But they claim that already paid , but my bank statement show that they were not...:(

Adrian,
Austria,
Nov 27, 2007,

I'm trading with AvaFX since March. In the beginning, service was a bit slow, but has improved dramatically, especially since I upgraded to a platinum account.

Deposits and withdrawals are fast, and I like the fact that they don't charge any withdrawal fees.
Their execution is pretty good. I only experienced requotes during major news times.
Overall, a highly recommended forex broker.

Mike Lee,
Warsaw,
Dec 7, 2007,

Have been with AVAFX.com for a few months now, overall I'm very happy with their service.

**** POSITIVE NOTES
- Their downloadable Trading Interface has recently been improved. Clear display of overall position and quite easy to use, even for an old fart like me.
- Good level of support by email, online chat and telephone.
- Good fills and usually bang on with my (non avafx) external price monitors
- Understanding response to questions and quick co-operation to resolve issues

**** NEG POINT
- A bit pricey, as positon entry costs 3-pips (they would have a lot more customers if they charged only 2-pips, though they do offer discounts to large sized accounts, i.e. 50K+ )

Thats all for now...
I've opened a second account today to get me into some serious trading...I will report back in a few months.

Alex,
Russia,
Jan 15, 2008,

hmm I was mistaken in them. the more I traded the news with them the worse it was becoming. Market orders are not filled unless you are in a loss. Distance for stops is at least 25 pips during the news. I had such distance only on major realeases before.... but now Every release is with at least 25 pip stop. Mostly they dont requote but simply cancel your orders. So they are not scammers they simply trade against you if you are profitable. i guess they say good buy to the newstraders sooner or later. Today I closed my account with them

2008-01-05 1 Star Good oneclick excecution during calm market. During some news with average impact they also excecute orders quickly. and u can get in quickly during the small spike. but if u want to trade some big releases keep away. they allow to place stops not closer than 25 pips. and u cant place a stop order closer than 25 pips from the current price. I traded non farm and they did not executed two of my market orders. I clicked to buy during the spike. there was a big delay. then i got the message the order is canceled because the price changed. the second market order was canceled as well. so they don want you to trade non farm. I would get 30 pips if i got in. the spike was abouy 80 pips. But during some gbp news i got quick execution of a buy stop. and quickly got out with 30 pips profit. so if u trade the news choose not the greatest news. i had some requotes and canceled orders in non-high impact news though. But during non-high impact news they usually excecute orders without delays. I am still profitable with them. seems to me they r bucket shop but still allow to make little money on some of the news releases. not a scam for sure. but not the best as well/