AvaTrade Review

AvaFx.com

Updated: Sep 15, 2021 · AvaTrade.com  · Is this your company?

AvaTrade is a forex broker established in 2006 with offices located across 5 continents and licensed by ASIC, FSA, and other regulators.

AvaTrade offers MetaTrader 4 and 5, AvaTradeGo, AvaOptions, and WebTrader platforms with over 50 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, vanilla options, as well as CFDs for ETFs, Indices, Stocks, precious metals and commodities.

Please read AvaTrade Reviews below and share live trading experiences with this broker.

AvaTrade
June 2020:  An AvaTrade employee has told the FPA that "we are one of 3000 companies to use the same IP."  The FPA wonders about the security of sensitive client personal and financial information with so many offices of so many companies sharing the same IP address.
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za, AvaTrade.es.

Established: 2006
Address: Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact: cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, AD-FSRA #190018, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms: MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade, Trading Central
CFD: (500+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com on our forum

AvaTrade.com profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Apr 13, 2020

AvaTrade is an award-winning online broker offering Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Commodities, Stocks, Indices, Cryptocurrencies and more. The company is regulated across 6 jurisdictions with a global clientele in over 150 countries.

Montreal, Canada,
Mar 5, 2018,

Deposit

Autochartist added to my account. I made a 1500$ deposit a few days ago and didn't get my account founded. Can Avatrade help ?

Feb 17, 2018 - 3 Stars I asked my account manager for adding Autochartist to my account, she replied that it must have 5000$ in deposit when it says 500$ on the website, can Avatrade help me. Otherwise and more importantly my open order didn't trigger and now I'm afraid my stop loss won't trigger too, is there a technical issue ?

Feb 13, 2018 - No Rating I was able to talk to my account manager, she has been helpfull.
She changed my leverage for forex but told me it can't be changed for all other assets, what I find a bit regrettable (leverage per assets : https://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/trading-conditions).
Concering the withdrawal process, she explained that there are 3 reasons why a withdrawal would be declined :
- your id is not verified (for that i just posted my account number on this forum and avatrade verified my account).
- you are using a different withdrawal method than your first deposit method
- if i understood correctly, if you got your bonus and try to withdraw a part of your initial deposit + the bonus, there will be a problem and your bonus will be cancelled; but if you try to withdraw profits you made with this amount (initial deposit + bonus) there shouldn't be an issue from what I was told.
I think having an account manager is the only way to reach them by phone and it can help solving problems live. I received a mail (in my spam inbox) from her with her phone extension.
Hope it helps, as for me I will post reviews of my experiences/issues with avatrade as it evolves in this forum

Feb 13, 2018 - No Rating I received the funds in my account, thanks for the verification. Now I would need to know what is my leverage and how can i change it please

Feb 10, 2018 - 2 Stars 1 - I uploaded all the requested documents for account verification and it hasn't been verified yet
2 - I deposited 3000USD on the 7th of February, it doesn't appear on my avatrade account (maybe it's just a matter of time)
3 - I tried many times to contact Avatrade via phone regarding how to change leverage and other questions , no answer. But when I first registered and before depositting money in my account, they replied by phone for the first and last time, telling me that a manager would contact me within 24 hours, they never contacted me again
Account number : 6077366
Very poor/overwhelmed customer support

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Feb 12, 2018 Hi Regis,

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Your account is fully verified. Regarding 3000USD deposit, if you could please provide us proof of any kind that will help us in tracking the money.

AvaTrade Administration Team

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Feb 14, 2018 Thank you for the update Regis!

Please let us know here if you've any other concerns.

Reply by AvaTrade Support submitted Mar 6, 2018:
Hi,

Thank you for your query. Your account manager has been informed and will check your claim and contact you shortly.

Warm regards,

Avatrade Support
Feb 8, 2018,

Account verification

Hello, I’ve re-submitted my ID. Can you please verify my account 5210581

Regards
Luke

Feb 6, 2018 - No Rating Still waiting for my account to be verified after 3 weeks!! Uploaded documents and sent numerous emails to support with not a single reply. Even tried calling the customer services number, just rings out and cuts off. Never had issues like this with any other brokers. Can someone from AvaTrade please contact me and finally verify my account 5210581

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Feb 7, 2018 Hi Luke,

Apologies for delayed response.

We checked your account and found that the ID you provided is expired. Request you to please send a valid ID in order to verify your account.

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Feb 9, 2018:
Hi Luke,

Apologies for delayed response.

Your account has been verified.

Enjoy Trading and don't forget to give us more stars.

fredpipster,
europe,
Dec 9, 2009,

At the beginning everything looked OK with this broker. Problems started first when I sent them all the documents they needed from me and didn't send me the 50EUR as a gift as they offered as a bonus at the initial deposit. But that wasn't even the real problem... I had a trade with 404EUR profit which was later cancelled. As they responded the reason to cancel the trade was: "The below trade(s) were executed in prices outside of the market: 6093378. In accordance with our Terms & Conditions, the P/L of those trades has been removed from your account."

After they "stealed" this profit from my account I decided to withdraw the rest of the money I had on the account before they decide to take the rest of the money too. However here I encountered with the next problem. I sent them withdrawal form for 500

Roland,
South Africa, South Africa,
Jan 18, 2018,

POTENTIAL SCAM ALERT!!!!

I have been trying to withdraw for 2 weeks now. No email was sent to me. Tried calling the hotline but cannot get through, Live Chat has an infinite queue. Email no reply. What should I do?

Account Number: 6067270

Oh and, I went through the post and replies in this thread. The response looks very generic, I'm guessing I should be even more worried if I receive one of those generic responses right?

Reply by ThisisRaz submitted Apr 2, 2018:
Hi,

Thanks for your review. I've noticed that you tried to withdraw but could not. The reason why your withdrawal request was declined was because you did not provide the necessary documentation to verify your account.

Once you provided your docs, your account was verified and you were able to withdraw your funds.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards, The AvaTrade Team
KYIV, Ukraine,
Aug 31, 2017,

AVATRADE action to REVIEW

AVATRADE ACTIONS! Adding to previous review (Liudmyla)

As a follow up to previous review post after 2 days silence, I think once the initial review posted they trying to meet TandC. However I got an email from account manager that company is no longer to get any relationship with me due to Terms and conditions violation, that my trading strategy could be considered as (LISTEN HERE) scalping! arbitrage! and hedging (without bonus that was deducted). Just for traders information, it is not allowed to use EA with avatrade, then how manually you can arbitrage!? here is a question? Scalping just not the case for two placed orders in a 5 lots and 10 lots (which was kept more than half a day till avatrade closed orders by themselves). Considering hedging with other broker, I think it is impossible to blame once bonus was deducted. I entered for EUR/USD short (sell) at highest level 1.20640 since many years. Currently drop down more than 2000 points (loss of a profit in a 15 lots, you can imagine). I will not stay with this and continue struggle considering such traders treatment.
Next steps: Complied to compliance, looking forward their investigation results and then approach Central Bank of Ireland (Avatrade regulator in EU) and further to Financial Services Ombudsman.

Lets see the next course of action!

Aug 29, 2017 - No Rating Hello Traders!

I am here not to tell that Avtrade is scam, I am here to tell you about situation which happens with my account ‎6416144 at 29/08/2017. I found that broker on Investing website and applied for an account two weeks ago and account been approved two days ago. I have been asking about my account verification process on live chat a few times and I was getting rude answer that it is pending and keep waiting you will get notification. finally my account been verified without any notification email ( I have asked live chat and they confirmed it). Finally I managed to deposit 10.000 usd and I have received bonus of 3000 Usd, it was pleasure to see 3000 usd more. So I have decided to make some profit on EUR/USD as you can see that price reached 1.2026 29/08/2017. So I expected huge correction on EUR/USD and I went short of 5 lots EUR/USD and in one hour price went up to 1.2064 and I double my position short 10 lots of EUR/USD and started counting profit from short 15 lots of EUR/USD in my mind :). So I have decided to go for a fitness as I thought I placed the best trades of 15 lots of EUR/USD. After I finished my gym I checked my Avtrade account ‎6416144 and noticed that bonus of 3000 USD been removed without any notification email or call ( is that alright?). After I read terms and conditions of Avatrde bonus I wrote to support and customer service, asking about Why it has been removed without any notification? I started asking email if it's Avatrde strategy to remove bonus and make clients stop out when they not in front of their MT4? I wrote that Avatrde probably will reply to me that Avatrade suspects me of bonus manipulation? So I said to myself that I don't need that bonus I will make huge profit of 15 lots EUR/USD ( went short). After email that I sent, in 10 or 20 mins I checked my MT4 and was shocked, Avatrde closed my two orders of 5 lots and 10 lots of EUR/USD on sell and blocked my account again without any notification email or call.

So even now I could close my orders in profit (Current price 1.20120 Time 17.47 date 29.08.2017). So I start thinking that their risk management team is closing orders when they can see risk of loosing money from Avatrade bank account. Please bring anyone from Avatrde to give the answer and traders will judge themself.

Hong Kong,
Jan 10, 2018,

Paypal deposit missing

In short, I deposited USD $1000 per PayPal on Jan 6, 2018. Most unfortunately, the fund has not been credited into my account. What is the promise of the 24-hours-and-money-is-on-your-account!

I have sent an email to customer@avatrade.com. Nothing happens. Live chat, no response!

My account number is 2196147.
Please credit my money into my account.

Reply by Bruno Avatrade submitted Apr 2, 2018:
Hi Chan,

Thank you for your feedback. AvaTrade is continuely working to refine and improve our customer services.

Our customer base has grown by unprecedented measures in recent months - due to the many interesting market opportunities that have been presented to all traders.

Due to this massive increase in new clients, a backlog was formed in our response time.

As one of the world’s leading online brokers, our commitment is first and foremost to you, our trader. Without your trust and confidence, we would not be one of the top brokers in industry for the past 11 years. As we strive to continue to provide you with an excellent trading experience, you can rest assured that we have taken multiple measures to eliminate these delays:

· We have recruited new employees, doubling the relevant supporting departments to accommodate the growth of the company. Response time is still higher than
usual, but we expect to solve that in the following weeks.
· We have automated additional processes in order to reduce the wait time for account verification.
· We implemented a new, more sophisticated client management system so we can help you faster.

We continue to improve and streamline our processes. As part of our 2018 roadmap, we are committed to making sure you continue trading with confidence and transparency for many years to come.

Feel free to contact our support whenever you wish. We will be happy to serve you.

Sincerely, The AvaTrade Team

sherman,
goh, Malaysia,
Nov 3, 2011,

hi, i'm sherman here.
at first last month i'm using avafx platform for the first month and the service is good and prompt.
acc manager Josh Brown (avafx account representative) for mine.
then i started loses it terrible just in blink of an eye after tht i tried bank in bout usd150 to their swiss bank via bank wire from Malaysia.
Last friday until now, i get no response from him and all i get the answer from their side is no fund received and asked me to check with my bank.
i've checked and they told me everything seems ok i Malaysia and yet i email them again the same matter then they finally give me a ridiculous answer , (Our operations department just informed me that deposits made via wire transfer can take up to 2 weeks in the worst case.)
i just want to knw is this thing happen among all u guys?
needed ur hlp badly as i'm getting more and more disappointed with their service .

copperbelt, Zambia,
May 9, 2018,

is avatrade a scam or not

i deposited usd 1000 in my avatrade account 2156377, for some reasons i decided to withdraw my deposite, but ava trade has been applying unnecessary delaying tactics. they tell me do this and that i comply but the deposit is not coming forth.
they said it should take five days and now its 14 day since. please can FPA advise me what to do in this situation

Reply by AvaTrade Support submitted May 11, 2018:
Hi,

Thanks for posting your review. Your withdrawal was held up as a result of your bonus needing to be cancelled as you did not trade off the bonus volume. This has since been done. You can now submit a new withdrawal request. Should you have any further question please contact your account manager.

Regards, The AvaTrade Team
Attila,
Stuttgart, Germany,
Feb 10, 2018,

Take in consideration, befor open a new account.

I started a withdrawal on 25. dec 2017. I received the confirmation email, but I didn't received my money.
Im still waiting for the amount or for any feedback.
My account No:5749141

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Feb 12, 2018:
Hi Attila,

Apologies for any kind of inconvenience.

We've checked your account and found that you used wrong method/ credit card for withdrawals. Request you to use cc 445 first - for any withdrawals that is less than 4000, then cc 011 and after that cc 947.

Please let us know of any other concern you may have.

acarv,
Portugal,
Jul 2, 2010,

I would like to suggest that Forex Peace Army include uptime analysis for the brokers.
On July 1, 2010, during an important market movement, I was prevented to access my account on AvaFX. I would like to know if this was a fortuitous event or is it a regular practice for this company?
For what I can see in the error below it is an overload of connection capacity on their servers. The fact is that it is not a random error but something that will happen again and it will happen when you do need to be on-line to react and profit. I'm considering changing broker but, apart from this problem, I like their software and customer service. Please confirm that I may consider this a random event and not a scam regular procedure.

--------------------------------------
EXCEPTION
EIdHTTPProtocolException in TCommonDataProvider
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Please restart your application. If the problem persists please contact Tech Support.
CODE
MESSAGE
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
DETAILS
URL: http://real4.sysfx.com:8118/xml/server_time?schema%24=eforex118

Exception name: POOL.CONNECTION_POOL_TOO_BUSY
Message: pool.adb:511
Call stack traceback locations:
0x51d2a5 0x5d8549 0x5cd693 0x5ea8d7 0x7d43b5 0x7deffe 0x7d9bb3 0x733eba 0x730efa 0x80e550 0x2aaaabfb12f5 0x33f70ce85b

CALL STACK