Vantage FX Review

Vantage International Group Limited

Vantage Global Prime Pty Ltd

Updated: Jan 15, 2021 · VantageFX.com  · Is this your company?

VantageFX is a forex broker. Vantage FX offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. VantageFX.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, indices, gold, silver, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Vantage FX
An IB of VantageFx had some affiliate commissions denied.  He posted about this at the FPA.  He then reported that VantageFx demanded he remove his complaint in exchange for payment.  The FPA invited VantageFx to the discussion thread.  Their representative made one post which did not address the issue of attempting to blackmail their IB into removing his material from the FPA.  CLICK HERE to follow the discussion.

May 2017: Despite being warned over a year ago, VantageFx appears to still be allowing Reza Mokhtarian to serve as an IB to the company.  The FPA is very disappointed that VantageFx seems to be unconcerned about working with an accused criminal who has also been the subject of multiple regulator warnings.

June-July 2013: Multiple suspicious and fake positive reviews submitted.

Related websites include VantageFX.co.uk.

2010-09-19: Vantage FX became a Corporate Authorised Representative of Enfinium Pty Ltd AFSL 322081

Formerly a WL for GoMarkets

ATTENTION:  VantageFx.com is a forex broker.  There is an unrelated company offering signals services at Vantage-Fx.com.  You can read and submit reviews for the signals service company here.

VantageFX.com is part of Vantage International Group Limited. Known members of this group include KlimexCM.com, VTMarkets.com, MonetaMarkets.com.

Established: 2009
Address: Level 29/31 Market Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia
Contact: support@vantagefx.com, 61289992046
Regulators: ASIC #ACN157 768 566, AFSL 428901, CIMA #1383491, FCA #590299
CFD: (135+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BPAY, FasaPay, MobilePay, Neteller, Poli, Skrill, Transfer from Existing Broker, UnionPay
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay

Join live discussion of VantageFX.com on our forum

Latha subramani,
Madurai, India,
Jul 22, 2018,

Speedy deposits, quick withdrawal, low spreàds and great services. Highly recommend vfx!

Rekha,
Coimbatore, India,
Jul 14, 2018,

I've been with Vantage FX for the past three years and have multiple accounts. Personally, i've never had any problems and any questions or concerns i'vehad in the past have been promptly addressed by my account manager, Daniel.

Logesh Palanivel,
Madurai, India,
Jun 28, 2018,

local broker with Australian-based support

It means a lot to have a local broker with Australian-based support. I always receive prompt service which is important. Product is as expected, fast execution and low spreads. Keep it up Vantage FX!

Archie,
South Africa,
Jun 21, 2018,

Vintage is a s*** broker i applied 2 times they kept telling me the same s*** ....Please send us your document not in a PDF format !! im like ok let me send again my document in a format they said i should send in!! Again they took days to respond nd when they responded they ask me for the same documents again f*** this s*** i have never experienced applying with a broker like i did with Vintage ..to anyone who wants a broker pass vintage

Reply by Vantage FX submitted Jun 25, 2018:
Hi Archie,
We are sorry to hear about the trouble you are having getting your live account up and running.

We are more than happy to chat in further detail about what is required to get your account set up as soon as possible. I am sure it is just a small update to your documentation that is required.

Due to our compliance and regulatory processes, sometimes we require additional information in order to verify a client’s identification, and these requirements can be slightly more specific for international applicants. Often, these issues are easily fixed and just require a little further clarity.

To help us take care of this for you promptly, please contact accounts@vantagefx.com and we will help you through all the necessary steps to get your live account set up.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Australia,
Jun 5, 2018,

fast withdraw

My withdraw settled the next business day,
I like the bonus which rebates to balance.

5 stars this time

Jun 2, 2018 - No Rating legit broker, positive & negative slippage rate better than I expected.
testing 500 bucks fees waived,
will test withdraw shortly,
let's how it goes

Yangon, Myanmar,
May 30, 2018,

Grossly Unprofessional

Hello Vantage FX Representative,

Your response is complete nonsense. As you are well aware, AUSTRAC simply polices money laundering activities in Australia; it does not in any way, shape, or form prohibit Australian companies (including financial services companies) from doing business with people or entities in Myanmar (or any other country for that matter).

Your failure to provide a link to AUSTRAC's (or any other Australian Government) website to support your view is a glaring omission, which speaks for itself.

The list of sanctioned countries for Australia is contained on DFAT's website (DFAT = Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade). As per the link below, the only sanctions currently in place re Myanmar concern the arms industry, which is clearly irrelevant to the current situation:

The above link confirms the Australian Government withdrew all financial sanctions against Myanmar in July 2012.

Indeed, not only does the Australian Government NOT have sanctions (other than the arms industry) against Myanmar, but through Austrade, has an office in Myanmar for the express of purpose of promoting Australian companies seeking to export goods/services to Myanmar:

And just for good measure, ANZ (like Austrade), one of the largest banks in Australia, has a physical presence in Myanmar, confirming that Australian companies can (and do) provide financial services to Myanmar:

The above links make a complete mockery of your claim that you are unable to offer services to people based in Myanmar.

ALL OF THE ABOVE LINKS WERE PREVIOUSLY PROVIDED TO YOU IN OUR EXTENSIVE EMAIL EXCHANGE; HENCE, YOUR ONGOING INSISTENCE THAT YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT SHOWS BOTH STUBBORNESS AND DISHONESTY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

Your claim that I was rude/aggressive/used bad language to your customer service officer is as devoid of merit as your claim you are unable to offer services in Myanmar. In fact, I was polite and professional in my chat, although became frustrated at Tien's insistence he was right after I provided him with clear evidence to the contrary. You fail to provide a single example of my alleged rudeness/bad language. It is all too easy to invent allegations of this nature while not providing a shred of evidence.

Finally, despite my only "crime" being to draw your attention to relevant Australian Government websites confirming your policy re Myanmar is entirely incorrect, you threatened to complain to my employer for my (supposed) poor behaviour. It was only when I threatened to report you to ASIC that you backed away from this threat.

While my initial review was titled "Grossly Unprofessional", your subsequent conduct shows your (complete lack of) professionalism to be far worse than I originally thought.

Learn to accept constructive feedback and accept when you are wrong.

Apr 24, 2018 - 1 Star I was a regular client of Vantage several years ago. Previously, I found them excellent to deal with. I only stopped trading with them due to their limited product range at the time. As they have now expanded their product range, I thought I would reactivate my account and start trading through them again.

I recently had an online chat conversation with their customer service officer Tien in relation to this.

Although I am an Australian citizen, upon learning I am based in Myanmar, he advised that Vantage is unable to accept me as a client due to DFAT (Australian Government) sanctions. I checked the DFAT website and note that only the arms trade is subject to sanctions.

When I pointed this out to him, he cited ASIC and AUSTRAC. I pointed out to him that this was complete rubbish. He then trotted out AML/CTF.

I pointed out that this is complete nonsense too; AML/CTF prescribe general principles, they don't (of themselves) prohibit doing business with given countries.

Despite calling his bluff, he continued to repeat one stupid comment after another. For the record, I am a banker/lawyer and am very familiar with KYC/AML/CTF, sanctions etc etc.

He obviously has very limited knowledge, who parrots standard lines like a broken record in an attempt to bluff people with even less knowledge than him.

In fact, ANZ, one of the biggest Australian banks, has an office in Myanmar, affording complete proof that Australian companies most certainly can (and do) provide financial services to Myanmar.

More generally, it is well known that the EU and US withdrew sanctions against Myanmar several years ago. For example, Myanmar banks now offer MasterCard and Visa cards, confirming US financial services companies can do business with Myanmar.

I emailed a complaint to their Head of Compliance (Jacob Beli), politely advising the above facts, querying why in these circumstances Vantage is unable to open an account for me. No response was received.

If this incident is any indication of their (complete lack of) professionalism, steer clear and give your business to a more professional provider who doesn't look so hard for reasons NOT to do business with people, and who has the courtesy to respond to reasonable complaints.

Reply by Vantage FX submitted May 24, 2018 Hi Andrew, it’s unfortunate that you feel that way.

Our compliance procedures are robust, updated on a regular basis, and in place for very good reason. In order to mitigate our risk, if any country appears on the AUSTRAC list, our policy doesn’t allow us to service those countries. In fact, refusing to service clients residing in Myanmar is a policy that is shared amongst every Australian regulated Forex broker.

Having carefully reviewed the live chat transcript between yourself and our customer service member, Tien, we’ve found that Tien provided you with an accurate explanation, and despite your hostility, aggression and bad language throughout the live chat, he remained courteous.

After reaching out to you to explain the situation, you not only responded with further hostility, but resorted to rudeness and name calling. On more than one occasion throughout our communication, you mentioned that you’re a banker/lawyer. I’m not sure the relevance of boasting this, whether to seek leverage or undermine and intimidate our staff members, but it bears no influence on our policies. Whatever the reason, using your title to justify individual exemption from our compliance policies or to demonstrate superiority over our support staff is quite simply, unacceptable.

We are fulfilling our licensing and compliance obligations to the highest standards and as such, Myanmar remains a country that we, and other Australian regulated brokers are unable to service.

Kind regards,

Reply by Vantage FX submitted Jun 1, 2018:
Hi Andrew,

Once again, we reiterate our stance by practicing the industry-wide refusal to service Myanmar, a policy practiced by Australian-regulated Forex brokers, nationwide. And, regardless of your threat to report us to ASIC, we will not be jeopardising our compliance practices to appease an individual’s demand for preferential treatment.

We have taken your post and emails seriously, and as discussed have escalated the incident to the relevant parties so that your conduct is reviewed appropriately. Mitigating financial risk remains our highest priority, and as such we continue to be vigilant in enforcing our ban on Myanmar, regardless of who throws their weight around in an attempt to have us breach our policies.

United Arab Emirates,
May 27, 2018,

Good broker - does what it says on the box.

Been using Vantage for a several months. I find them to be a good reliable broker. I don't use high frequency trading methods, so won't comment on trade execution. Important to me is that deposits are processed quickly(unfortunately not instantaneous) but most importantly, they give me my money back when I request it. I am happy to trade with them.

Bob,
QLD, Australia,
Apr 30, 2018,

VantageFX going bankrupt soon.

Vantage FX is a scam. When you make a winning trade they don't want to pay, when you make a losing trade they claim its market condition, they're criminal they steal money from you (the trader). Never use this broker. they're going bankrupt soon, you will lose all your money.

Reply by Vantage FX submitted May 2, 2018:
Hi Bob,

We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience with Vantage FX. Can you please get in touch with support@vantagefx.com outlining in further detail your grievance and we’ll be more than happy investigate the issue.

We take accusations of theft and criminal behaviour extremely seriously, even without being presented any reason or evidence for such claims, and will investigate your claim thoroughly. So please, contact our support team asap so we can resolve any issues you’re experiencing in a timely manner.

We’ll continue to update FX Peace Army throughout the resolution of this process and also in relation to the validity of these claims.

Our support team looks forward to hearing from you, Bob.

Vantage FX
Taipei, Taiwan, China,
Apr 27, 2018,

I'm really happy with Vantage FX. I always experience good customer service and low trading cost. I have recently upgrade to MT5 and it was smooth. The only downside is that they don't have PayPal, hopefully they will add this function soon.

Mar 27, 2018,

I've never had any issues with Vantage FX and am very happy with my decision to switch to them as my broker.

After moving to Vantage FX from GoMarkets, I've been quite impressed with the level of service that they've provided. I started on their standard account then upgraded to the RAW ECN and was glad to find that their spreads are as advertised.

I've withdrawn money several times which was handled quickly and easily and any questions I've had in the past have been responded to quickly.

Keep it up!

Luke,
Aug 24, 2017,

Regulated, Reliable and in my opinion the best in the industry

I've had accounts with several UK and Australian regulated brokers, and Vantage FX offer everything I need, fast execution, fast withdrawals, very thin spreads, low commission and excellent support. I've been with Vantage for 3 years now, and have had the same account manager which I've developed an excellent relationship with. Somehow I just prefer Vantage as they exceed my expectations as a trader.

CARL,
Sydney, Australia (Inside the offices of VantageFX),
Aug 10, 2017,

It's 2 years that I am trading with this company, I never had an issue, I lost money in the past trading with dodgy brokers not regulated. their suppurt is good and also withdraws are processed quickly.

5 Star rating removed.

This "client" was accessing his account from inside the offices of VantageFx.  Per FPA policy, the rating on this review has been set to Zero stars.
Athens , Greece,
Aug 8, 2017,

VantageFX they scam affiliates.

At May 2017 I signed a partnership agreement with VantageFX.
I start bringing them traffic, it was all normal and when payday came 19/07/2017, the Manager named David Bily refused to pay me because the clients "might make a withdrawal".
After requesting my money he said "You can do whatever you want, take your clients and go some place else" and the clients have traded more than enough Lots to trigger the CPA (he told me so no affiliate portal) and still they refuse to pay me... I suspect this is because the clients probably didn't lose their money so they just decided to don't pay me. This is not the end Vantage Scammers.

Reply by Vantage FX submitted Aug 29, 2017:
After speaking to George personally to settle his complaint, we are disappointed he has taken to a public forum to slander us.

Yes, we have restrained from paying George the CPA payment for the 2 referrals that he made.

The conditions of the affiliate agreement for Greek referrals was that clients must fund a minimum of $200 and trade at least 3 lots on forex. Because these volumes were met exactly and then trading was ceased, our affiliate system flagged this activity for abuse of our program.

After speaking to George about this, an agreement couldn’t be met and as a result of clause 4.2 in our affiliate agreement, we have exercised our right to terminate George’s affiliate agreement effective immediately.

At Vantage FX we only deal with affiliates who are genuine business partners and refer real clients to us, not simply groups working together to take advantage of our generous payout levels for real affiliates.
Jul 9, 2017,

Highway robbery

They have the power to manipulate the price to drop below actual market price to stop me out of my positions,as they are a market maker,when no other broker has that low price.
when I complained,they refused to acknowledge there was an error.
I lost thousands of dollars as the price spiked back up within a few seconds later.

Reply by Vantage FX submitted Jul 12, 2017:
After directly calling you to explain and then provide you with our third party liquidity provider's price quotes for your Silver orders, we are extremely disappointed that you have now decided to come here and review us poorly. We have been fully transparent with you about what happened during the well documented Silver flash crash and will continue to be here.

Vantage FX are an ECN broker who receive our price feed from third party liquidity providers. We do not have the power to manipulate prices to drop below the actual market price to stop you out, we simply execute orders at the prices that are available at that time.

We have emailed you the third party price quotes from our liquidity providers as proof of where your prices came from and that they were not in fact manipulated by us in any way, shape or form. It was not a pricing error, the entire market thinned during the flash crash and these were the prices available.

The strategy you were trading on Silver was highly risky and any sort of black swan event such as what we saw, was always going to end in disaster. Our account managers AND risk management team had contacted you about the margin available in your account and the way you were pushing it to hedge.

Vantage FX did everything we possibly could to try to avoid this situation. It was your choice to trade the strategy you employed and after being fully transparent with you, we are highly disappointed that you've decided to slander us publicly on Forex Peace Army.
Mira,
CZ, Czech Republic,
Jun 28, 2017,

For forex trading, i can recommend

I have been trading with Vantage FX over two years now. I have RAW ECN account with $6 RT commission per FX lot with very competitive RAW ECN spreads. Sometimes I trade indicies such as DAX and SP500 where spreads are average. I have noticed that crude oil spreads aren’t as competitive and contacted my account manager to address this minor issue. I have been assured that Vantage FX is in process to source more liquidity for crude Oil and spreads will substantially improve in next few weeks. I am absolutely satisfied with customer service which I personally rate as one of the best I have ever come across. All my issues and queries are resolved either immediately or within few hours. The same level of customer service is applied to processing deposits and withdrawals and I have never experienced any issues in that area. The only problem I have come across is bank fee $25 which I am being charged on my withdrawals. Vantage FX is for me one of the best Forex broker I have used so far.

India,
May 23, 2017,

I prefer VantageFX for customer support and payment options.

Very good trading experience. Excellent spreads and great customer support. 100% satisfied over the past 3 years of working with Vantage FX. Also happy with their payment options.

May 23, 2017,

Best trading experience!

I've been trading for over 5 years in the UK and Australia. Compared to all other brokers, Vantage offers Quickest withdrawal and tight spreads. Very transparent and excellent customer support on the phone and chat. Keep it up Vantage FX!

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of,
Jan 12, 2017,

I recommend Vantage FX for their prompt respond to customer querries and customer support desk.

I only have an experience of 3 months with Vantage FX so, I reserve my right to comment on any other issue except their customer service/support desk. Throughout the process of joining, depositing and my two months trades, I have had some difficulties but, as soon as I requested for assistance, I have always had a person contacting me, explaining and solving issues that needed their attention. Vantage FX's support desk have impressed me for sure.

Further, I have had an experience on 6th January 2017. Through scalping, I made a profit of about 190$. On opening the market the next Monday, I found that Vantage FX took all my profits as Cash Adjustment - Reverse PNL. I was complained because, prior to that, I had also lost but Vantage FX didn`t consider that!

After some hour, my Vantage FX replied my email and explained in details the the technical problem their servers underwent. However, despite the fact that, they could have expressed their sympathy for my grievances and just quoted me their terms and conditions, they REIMBURSED ME THE WHOLE AMOUNT! My Vantage FX account manager explained that, "Please accept this as one off gesture of good will and hope you will continue trading with Vantage FX in the future."

For this, and for their prompt respond and customer support, I recommend Vantage FX.

Mohammad Ali,
Toronto, Canada,
Jan 9, 2017,

Been trading with vantagefx for few years, and would say its one of the best forex broker. No withdrawal issues..execution is great...only would recommend if they have option of fixed spread other then that had no issues..Also have traded on vantagefx binary option platform and it looks trasparent. Thay had server issue on MT4 Friday Jan 06 2017...price were off..so lost some money because of that and today the refunded my loss due to technical isssue in my mt4 account. .Great customer service..
Keep it up vantagefx..

Indonesia,
Jan 9, 2017,

They have absolute authority to reduce your funds on the grounds with any reason

If you want to become a client vantagefx, read this first.
Specifically the sub paragraphs 23.1.1 , 23.1.2 , 23.1.3 , 23.1.4
I had a bad experince, where on January 6, 2017 I get a $ 481 profit by scalping, but on this day vantagefx perform adjustment myfund with the reason based on technical reasons.
If you profit continues, vantagefx have the authority to reduce your funds on the grounds that he made himself. refer to the terms and conditions above.
If you lose, vantagefx will not take any responsibility for your losses vantagefx will not refund your losses even if there are errors in the system vantagefx.

as vantagefx client will not be able to do anything, because the terms and conditions that were very detrimental to the client.
I have evidence of transactions on the profit I did, however vantagfx take for granted the profit I made.
I do not vilify vantagefx company, but this is the reality that I experienced myself
they will not care for your losses. whether because their system error or your trading system.

James Chan,
Nowra, Australia,
Dec 14, 2016,

Chinese support desk!

Great Australian ECN broker. Love how they have a Chinese support desk in Sydney! Super low spreads and consistently good service

Jack,
Dec 1, 2016,

Problematic

well, I write this because I have Vantage experience and want Vantage to get better also people should not get distracted of what really can happen in a weak platform:

0- First things first: I do not have experience with their ECN account and do not talk about it.

1- Vantage-Fx servers are in Sydney.(looks like recently a new servers in Malaysia) This means the server communicatin to most major liquidity providers is
delayfull. Therefore in a volatile market Vantage-Fx is less-likely to get a chance to find liquidity and secure a pending position. This not only affects
customers entering a position, but also all stop-loss and take-profits are slipped ( the more delay you have the slippage becomes larger). If vantage wants a better performance they may probably need servers in London and New York as most major brokers have.

2- Vantage-Fx spreads are proportionally very wide ( I could see more than 7 or 8 PIPs frequently happening during moderate volatile days) and it gets wider
and wider when market gets volatile. Could still be OK if they would advise customers about wide spreads but being wide is not the only problem of
Vantage-Fx spreads. The main problem is asymmetric movements of ask/bid lines within VantageFx platform. For example, if price is AUDUSD .71111/.71151 and there is a 111 points downside move, in Vantage-Fx Mt4, you can see all 111 downside move happening in bid not in ask ( or partly in bid or in ask) making your long and short positions both loosing at the same time. This behaviour can be due to a very weak liquid providers or bad network connectivity. Vantage should do something about it.

3- Despite every trader knowing maximum Forex benefit is in trade during news, Vantage-Fx either widens spreads, or increases Margin requirements, lowers
leverage or completely blocks clients from trading during major news-events like Brexit, or US-election and it is told to be for protecting customers against
market volatility. This looks more like a joke While majority of other brokers do not put such limitations and their trading systems work just with a
little bit more delay and more slippage. Why Vantage-Fx does that? Steady market does not bring benefit and volatile market you cannot trade.
while they put these limitations, they won't have any clue if you loose. how this protects you? if you purpose a limitation there should be some benefit for it. If people are still responsible for their loss as it is, then why don't you leave the platform as it is?

4- Imagine it's time for a major event and Vantage-Fx has banned some pairs which are likely to contain the largest move and has increased margin
requirements on some other pairs and you have seen multiple warnings of "do not trade" in your inbox, if you alredy had loosing trades in banned pairs you
will have to close them with loss. Then you are more likely to get a Margin call because Vantage-Fx lowers leverage during the time. Added widened and
asymmetric spreads can convert your otherwise winning trades into loosing trades, you are likely to see stop losses not triggering on-time with massive
slippage happening and delays of several minutes and when you order a position, it can be now or then without
any actual limit on number of seconds or minute you may have to wait for order execution and with this mess this is what happens:
you see your equity going down and down without knowing what and why these are happening then you get a stop-out and loose everything.
If you go to the support desk this is what you get:
"You had got a warning not to trade during major news and as per terms and conditions, you have agreed that we do not have any responsibility for slippage or delay in order execution or... and all that was because of market volatility".
they are right and you have accepted all that which is in terms and conditions but, giving a warning or disclaimer does not wipe brokers responsibility of providing a healthy trade platform. Yes everybody knows that slippage and delays and wide spreads happen in almost every trading systems, but normal slippage is a few PIPs and normal delay is extensively lower.

5- when you close a position in VantageFx platform there is some times a considerable delay ( even in a non-volatile market) and you can see the price and
benefit/loss of you position going up/down several times between the time you ordered close and the time it actually closes. To become a good broker, vantage-fx needs to do something for this problem.

6- Vantage-Fx is providing binary-options as well. For me and for a lot of other people this can itself be enough to think negative about a broker. Here my
warning: " I have seen my friends not listening to my screams asking them "not to Enter", loosing big money with Binary options, so "please never-ever-never,
do not enter any binary-options deal". go bet on horses and I guarantee less loss and more return.

7- I have seen mistakes and have read about couple of others about putting wrong money in peoples accounts or taking wrong money form peoples accounts by Vantage-Fx which is a sign of in-accuracy in financial operations.

People's money lost in a non-ECN account does not go anywhere out of the brokers-account. Accusing a volatile market for everything and leaving customers
accounts subjected to every kind of problematic loss just because there has been a warning doesn't make sense. You must also do something.
You cannot claim to be an award-winning broker but block your trading platform during a major news. If you do not trust you platform to be robust and working, why should others do?

Reply by Vantage FX submitted Dec 5, 2016:
0- Our RAW ECN account is designed to have lower spreads. If you are going to compare our spreads, it's obviously best if you have a RAW ECN account.

1, 5- Vantage FX runs live servers in Sydney and London with data centres across Asia. We no longer run a NY server as United States regulations have meant that we are no longer able to accept US clients. Slippage is not caused by our strategically placed server locations for our client base, but most likely market liquidity. No ECN broker such as Vantage FX can guarantee zero slippage. This is made up for in the enormous other benefits that trading with an ECN broker offers, especially for larger, profitable accounts.

2- If VERY tight spreads are an important aspect to your trading strategy, we encourage you to change your account to a RAW ECN account. There is a huge difference in how tight the spreads we can offer our clients are between Standard and RAW ECN. Our spreads are fully transparent so check out the Myfxbook spread comparison tool for our RAW ECN account rather than the standard that you are using. We actively seek profitable, professional traders to make the switch to Vantage FX using a RAW ECN account because unlike some brokers, our spreads do not widen as you become profitable.

As for the bid/ask price moving independent of each other, this is how a market works. If your bid/ask is locked then you are trading an artificial price from a market maker.

3, 4- The events you have listed in Brexit and the US election had the potential to be MAJOR game changing events. We stand by our decision to increase margin requirements and limit trading during these events as a risk management protocol. We communicated this fact early and on multiple occasions allowing you to make a call on where you did your trading. Vantage FX doesn't artificially widen spreads during news. As an ECN broker, we aggregate prices from our liquidity providers and if prices aren't there then this is the outcome.

6- Vantage FX offers Binary Options separate to our forex operations at the request of clients searching for a trusted, Australian regulated binary options broker. We are completely transparent and receive excellent reviews from people sick of being ripped off by unregulated brokers overseas.

7- This is completely unfounded and false.
John Bulger,
Batemans Bay, Australia,
Nov 13, 2016,

Great customer service, low spreads and fair slipppage

I've been a Vantage client for about 3 years now and couldn't be more satisfied. Great customer service - you can tell their staff actually trade, which is surprisingly rare in the broker game. Some of the other ECN's might have slightly lower spreads, but Vantage has the lowest commission charge in Aus and when I look at my slippage stats at the end of each month, it always go's both ways and evens out.

Australia,
Aug 28, 2016,

This was my first real money broker. I chose them because they were Australia regulated, offered a mac mt4 and autochartist.

I lost 1000's but I know this is all part of the learning curve.

I slowly noticed their customer service start to slip, the dealer I usually spoke with left, they stopped offering autochartist and moved to a generic mobile platform.

Recently, as a I had a few hundred left I thought I would use it to teach my son in microlots. The first trade I took, I apparently misjudged the lot size, and the instant I placed the trade, the margin was exceeded by 7c and they closed my trade with no warning. I lost $200 without even a second to know what happened.

Naturally the trade went in my direction and would have been a very good trade.

However, I was closed out.

I emailed their support dept. and got no help. Yes, technically I was in the wrong, and it was only $200, but to not have any warning and I mean in seconds, they closed it out. They should not have allowed the trade at that volume. However, I get that technically they are correct.

I asked for the amount to be re-instated as a gesture of goodwill (after all the trade never really went out of their account).

I think when brokers spend so much to try an attract traders, $200 is a small gesture to keep someone who has deposited $000's and never made a withdrawal.

So today, I close my account, and go to greener pastures. Very disappointed.

Reply by Vantage FX submitted Oct 12, 2016:
Hey Stan,
It’s unfortunate that you feel strongly enough about this issue to post publicly.
I fully understand your frustration of feeling loyal to Vantage FX and then making a conceivably innocent error like getting your lot sizes wrong and not receiving any leniency from our end. But as an ECN broker, we haven’t just simply taken the other side of your trade and therefore aren’t in a position to simply re-instate accounts for simple trader side errors.
A broker can’t automatically scan for lot size irregularities before accepting a trade. Confirmation responsibility has to come from the client’s side via an option you can actually select in MT4. What if the broker had have asked you for a confirmation before entering the trade and the market moved fast in your favour? The client would NOT have been happy missing the trade.
Margin calls are executed immediately to avoid accounts running into the negative. You exceeded the margin requirements (by however little), the trade is always closed no questions asked for risk management purposes in place to protect the client.
We’re sorry it came down to an issue like this forcing you to close your account. If you ever want to reconsider, give us a call or message on social media.
All the best in your future trading.
Eric,
Apr 24, 2016,

I normally don't post any reviews but I will make exception with Vantage FX. I have been with them just over year now and I have to say that I am impressed with their customer service which is very professional and resolve any issues I every had within few minutes (that's the reason I am writing this review).
As for trading conditions Vantage FX offers very competitive spreads with decent execution speed. I would recommend Vantage FX to all forex traders.