Vantage FX Review

Vantage International Group Limited

Vantage Global Prime Pty Ltd

Updated: Jan 15, 2021 · VantageFX.com  · Is this your company?

VantageFX is a forex broker. Vantage FX offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. VantageFX.com offers over 45 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, indices, gold, silver, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Vantage FX
An IB of VantageFx had some affiliate commissions denied.  He posted about this at the FPA.  He then reported that VantageFx demanded he remove his complaint in exchange for payment.  The FPA invited VantageFx to the discussion thread.  Their representative made one post which did not address the issue of attempting to blackmail their IB into removing his material from the FPA.  CLICK HERE to follow the discussion.

May 2017: Despite being warned over a year ago, VantageFx appears to still be allowing Reza Mokhtarian to serve as an IB to the company.  The FPA is very disappointed that VantageFx seems to be unconcerned about working with an accused criminal who has also been the subject of multiple regulator warnings.

June-July 2013: Multiple suspicious and fake positive reviews submitted.

Related websites include VantageFX.co.uk.

2010-09-19: Vantage FX became a Corporate Authorised Representative of Enfinium Pty Ltd AFSL 322081

Formerly a WL for GoMarkets

ATTENTION:  VantageFx.com is a forex broker.  There is an unrelated company offering signals services at Vantage-Fx.com.  You can read and submit reviews for the signals service company here.

VantageFX.com is part of Vantage International Group Limited. Known members of this group include KlimexCM.com, VTMarkets.com, MonetaMarkets.com.

Established: 2009
Address: Level 29/31 Market Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia
Contact: support@vantagefx.com, 61289992046
Regulators: ASIC #ACN157 768 566, AFSL 428901, CIMA #1383491, FCA #590299
CFD: (135+) Gold, Silver, Stock Indexes, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, BPAY, FasaPay, MobilePay, Neteller, Poli, Skrill, Transfer from Existing Broker, UnionPay
Withdrawal Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, FasaPay, Neteller, Skrill, UnionPay

Join live discussion of VantageFX.com on our forum

Marco,
sydney, Australia,
Mar 27, 2013,

I have to admit that recent negative reviews freaked me out as I am substantially up on my Vantage FX account so I called Vantage FX to find out if my profits are in danger. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them to exactly find out what happened. i was reassured that my funds are safe and that I can withdraw my funds and profits anytime I wish as my trading is transparent and all my profits went through their liquidity providers. The recent issue is in regards to clients who were using BTN EA which exploits price discrepancy between MT4 and liquidity feed therefore no real profits are filled on liquidity provider side and it only appears on MT4 so it is impossible for Vantage FX to pay clients out as it didn't go through their liquidity provider (this was the explanation I got from them). I found it very strange so I researched BTN EA and it looks like that the scam is BTN EA as the BTN website disappeared!!! try to find BTN EA yourself through google and you won't find anything. Its a bit sus..Dont you think??

Jake,
Auckland, New Zealand,
Mar 27, 2013,

I left Vantage last year and closed my account after I discovered Vantage was deliberately delaying the execution of my trades by as much as 10-seconds.

I withdrew my money with no problem and moved on and didn't think anything more of the matter. Then just yesterday I received a statement for my old account showing a profit/loss adjustment of negative $500. I am now receiving demands that I owe Vantage money, despite receiving no other information or proof from this broker.

As far as I'm concerned I closed my account last year and withdrew the funds that were rightfully mine.

I don't know what's going on with Vantage and their sister company GoMarkets as they appear to be freezing all their clients accounts. I'm glad I got out while I did. My advice to everyone who has an account with Vantage is GET YOUR MONEY OUT NOW AND LEAVE THIS SCAM BROKER.

Mar 27, 2013,

Exactly the same experience. Account blocked, and then all my profits withdrawn. Scam. Just stay away from them!

Pawel,
, Poland,
Mar 27, 2013,

Just got the file with positions the deleted from my account, so now I have proof, they deleted trades that lasted up to 12 minutes.
We should all fill complaints to proper regulatory - anyone did this before and knows how to handle that ?

2013-03-26 1Star This broker is a true example of SCAM BROKER!
When You will make profits with them, they will delete Your trades.

Although I have only like +680$ profit with them they took from my account 815$ saying that I abused they infrastructure.

What's woth mentioning before I've started trading with them I've asked if any method and strategy is accepted and they said: YES!.

Stay away from them or sooner or later You will lose Your money too. It's pointless to quote here emails they have sent me.

Thomas,
Munich, Germany,
Mar 26, 2013,

I have made profits on the account. It was growing slowly over time. I have had losing and winning trades. Now they suspended my account for some investigation. Today I got an email of their investigation results. They canceled all my profits and left alone the loser trades. This should be a warning for you. Stay away from this broker.

Ray,
Mar 26, 2013,

So it clearly seems this broker dont like news trading, which is fine, but I made and lost trading the news, and like the bucketshop this broker is, it cancels only winning trades, and leaves the losing trades.
If this isnt the mark of a complete joke company I dont know what is.

Arief,
Jakarta, Indonesia,

VANTAGE FX SCAM !!!
Me and my wife trade 7 month, have 3 accounts make good profit and withdrew the profit. Now they canceled and deleted all the profit from the accounts. Lost all the money deposit account. They should warning from day 1 not after months. This is true scam broker...Do not trade with them !!

BK,
, Russian Federation,
Mar 26, 2013,

They just suspended my account for 90 day and cancel all profit trades for several month. Scam broker.

Andreas,
Tönisvorst, Germany,

SCAM!
This broker doesn´t pay profits! Be careful with it.
They told me i use an arbitrage system, but it is not right. I held position often more than 10 minutes.

, United Kingdom,
Mar 26, 2013,

I had the same email from Vantage suspending my account pending investigation. Today they have stolen over 6,000 GBP out of my account which have been all of the profits I have made over the last 7 months.

I have lodged a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman in London today.

Andris,
, Latvia,
Mar 26, 2013,

6 months everything was ok and right now they decided to remove all profit.

Jason,
HK, Hong Kong,
Mar 26, 2013,

DON'T APPLY ACCOUNT TO THIS BROKER. THEY SIMPLY TAKE AWAY YOUR MONEY FROM THE ACCOUNT WITH THE EXCUSE OF YOUR TRADING IS ILLEGAL.

martin jones,
Mar 26, 2013,

I have been with Vantage for 3 years after being referred to them by a trader friend. I have lost money with them but thought that was my issue. I am no longer sure of this. The problems started when i started to make money , news trading, they have taken away all of the profits i have made in 6 small accounts a total of $5500, gone deleted just like that , with no consultation, no advice via formal correspondence etc. WARNING DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS BROKER EVER. They will be fine when you are losing $$$ but as soon as you start to make $$ they will ROB you account- its called THEFT VANTAGE - VANTAGE FX - TAKIING AD-VANTAGE of the small retail traders.

Kerim,
Istanbul, Turkey,
Mar 26, 2013,

If you lost money, you lost. If you made money, you lost again. With Vantage profit is not among the options.They will make up any reason to erase ONLY profits, and will leave you with losses. Complaint to ASIC is the way to go for now.

petersurrey,
UK, United Kingdom,
Mar 24, 2013,

Yet another bucket shop, this time refusing to allow withdrawals because of some spurious liquidity provider questioning a cheap news trading bots transactions. Luckily all funds were withdrawn before receiving this message, ironically, because of the poor liquidity it states was being taken advantage of! How do these brokers get away with it? Advising that it requires 30 days to investigate trades and only then will it allow withdrawals and further trading if it decides..stay away!

JOHN,
Mar 23, 2013,

I got an email from Vantagefx suspending trading in my account. They allege that my trading is "suspicious and in particular exploiting internet & connectivity delays in order to take advantage of arbitrage on the Trading Systems.".
My DEPOSIT AND PROFITS ARE frozen for up to 90 days.

This is the article to which they refer:

"20.5 Internet, connectivity delays, and price feed errors sometimes create a situation where the price displayed on the Trading Systems do not accurately reflect the market rates. The concept of arbitrage and “scalping”, or taking advantage of these internet delays, cannot exist in an over-the-counter market where the client is buying or selling directly from the market maker. Vantage FX UK do not permit the practice of arbitrage on the Trading Systems. Transactions that rely on price latency arbitrage opportunities may be revoked. Vantage FX UK reserves the right to make the necessary corrections or adjustments on the Account involved. Accounts that rely on arbitrage strategies may at Vantage FX UK’s sole discretion be subject to Vantage FX UK ’s intervention and Vantage FX UK’s approval of any Orders. Any dispute arising from such quoting or execution errors will be resolved by Vantage FX UK in their sole and absolute discretion".

1) I'm a news trader (I use an autoclick similar to the one availble con fpa).
2) As I know they should investigate max after 24h from sending the statemen, they cannot do that after 1 month, do you confirm?
3) Can they refuse to send my deposit back but continuig to investigate on profits? They refuse to send my deposit back (I've all chat proofs).
4) Can they hold money for 90 days?
5) Can they avoid answer to my many emails? ( I receive an answer only in chat now but they say they want to talk on phone so there won't be any proofs anymore).
6) Can they send me a contract that I've to sign where I accept to delete all profits (because in their thought it's arbitrage) so that I receive my deposit back?

THIS IS VANTAGE.

LK,
singapore, Singapore,
Mar 22, 2013,

My MT4 account fund was freezed by Vantage FX and Go Markets yesterday, accusing me of illegal trades. Both of these two brokers are together.
I have being using same EA trading on other broker with no complaint, but for Go Markets, once I made reasonable profit, my account was suspended and I was threatened to sign a document to declare all my trades will be voided, then my remaining fund can be returned back to me. That include trades happening months ago.
This is ridiculous. I need helps and advice from FPA.
Thnks
rgds

Dave,
NSW, Australia,
Mar 21, 2013,

Made enough manual trades on my account to reach approx 100% gain. Then funny things started to happen. MT4 would crash sometimes, but worse was when I entered a trade and the price feed stopped before I could get my Target and Stop orders in.
My other MT4s where fine. Contacted support and asked if there was a way to control my trade that was open, but they just told me to wait until they fixed it. It did finally get fixed and I closed that trade in panic for a profit, it went on to reach the full target.

I asked them what I could do if that happened again in the future but they just didn't bother to reply. No appology for the inconvenience or anything like that either.

I also noticed the trade entries where getting amazingly slow, so I decided it was time get out.

Went to withdraw my money and they refused it, saying that I had paid via credit card I would need to wait 8 weeks from deposit date. They would not even let me withdraw my profits, they could only offer a small percentage of my account back that I had wired to them when I first signed up.

I waited the full 8 weeks and then after doing all the paperwork over again I got my money finally.

Overall not a good experience with this company, poor support, strange problems making it risky to trade with them and finally they made it hard to withdraw money, not only the deposit but the profits I had made.

brijesh srivastav,
india, India,
Mar 20, 2013,

hi, please dont go for this broker.
Vantage fx is scam broker. its totally scam.
it will not give u withdraw of ur profit and deposited fund if u will make profit.

i made profit 90% in more than 5 months on small account of 325 usd.
and they r facing problem because i made profit. they sent to me mail that i did arbitrage so they will investigate for 90days. and they will not give me any withdraw, even deposited fund. its ridiculous.

Its biggest scam broker. because i never seen any broker who stopped withdraw of ur deposited fund.
i never did arbitrage.
i did normal trading. but they r not processing my withdraw.

please dont go for any australian broker because all australian brokers r fraud. dont deposit any fund in vantagefx or if u currently trading in vantagefx or deposited already, then please go for
other broker outside australia because its useless to make profit in vantagefx. if u r making loss, then no problem go for vantagefx.

i have all proof against them.
dont go for vantage fx. it doesnt matter that ur account is small or big.
if u r making profit then forget ur deposited fund and profit.
withdraw write now from this scam broker.

John,
, Canada,
Mar 1, 2013,

I used to be a big fan and customer of Vantage but not anymore.

Be careful. Once you start to do well, you won’t…. is all I can say.

Their sales reps will tell you all kinds of stories about their massive liquidity pool but if you read the Product Disclosure Statement ( from Enfinium ) it clearly says that they are the market maker and that they are on the other side of your trades. Just download it and read it. Don't believe what I tell you. Read the March 2012 PDS and you’ll see what I mean.

The PDS clearly says that you can request audited financial statements of Enfinium but you will not get them. Go ahead and ask. The PDS of Vantage is riddled with contradictions so what does that tell you? They are a crooked Forex broker just like so many others out there.

At one time, the spreads at Vantage were good and even if you added in the .7 PIP cost, it was worth it. Not anymore. Just run some other brokers spreads next to Vantage and you will see that Vantage is an expensive broker. So why pay the commission? If you like handing your money away, go with them and pay the commission but the spreads they offer are no real deal at all. Check it out on your own and you will see.

Finally, I got gapped real bad and my account was working into stellar condition. I think it was done on purpose. My opinion. Vantage has an excuse for everything.

My personal opinion for what its worth is that they ( like most brokers ) will work against you so be careful. They are not to be trusted. At all. They want you and will kiss your ass for one reason only............... your money. That’s it. Just like any other Forex broker.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. They were notorious for platform freezing. Ask any Vantage client about it.

At one time, I was a Vantage fan but I experienced what they are really like. Just another scumbag out there in Forex land.

2012-08-05 1 Star Their Meta 4 platform is not quite as good as others but it does the trick and is fine overall.

Customer service is top notch. ( probably amongst the best I have run into ).

They are a regulated broker in Australia and that says alot to the positive. I have not had any problems with depositing withdrawing funds at all. I also have not had any problems with the systems freezing either.
I have heard through the grapvine that Vantage Enfinium have one of the larger liquidity pools out there so perhaps that is why my trades are fast and never requoted.
Overall very happy thus far.

Poppy Review,
Australia, Australia,
Feb 19, 2013,

Have been with Vantage FX since the outset in Australia and my initial reaction was what a great broker. Service was impeccable and they actively sought out new clientèle via cash incentives. The service was reliable and apart from suspected stop hunting as often seen with brokers, it seemed that it was smooth sailing until I started to make money. Then the cracks appeared. They flagged my account and latency was a major problem which rendered my account useless. Be on your guard and it may be worth finding out for yourself but you will see I am on the money with this one.

Rahim Polar,
Cape Town, South Africa,
Nov 28, 2012,

Have just started trading with Vantage FX, so far so good. Best cust support Ive experienced in this industry.

ellict,
, Indonesia,
Nov 20, 2012,

I've trade with them, fast respond on my technical problem and fast withdrawal process.

Perumal,
, Canada,
Jul 16, 2012,

I have been trading with Vantage Australia since January 2011.

One thing every one should admit. If we trade wrongly and against set rules, we burn our fingers. We can not blame broker or platform.

On the other hand, if there are issues with Broker or their platform, you will have to blame the broker. But I strongly feel Vantage is not that kind of a Broker. I have my own reasons for that.

Their customer service is on top. Whether you name Alastair or Darren or Shen or any body.

Recently ( In fact last Thursday ) the meta trader platform has frozen for 30 minutes or so, I had open trades and I could have closed the open trades in profit with 120 $. Since the platform is frozen, I could not close in profit,and during this time the price reversed and hit stop loss. The loss was 257 $.

I was right in my direction direction and I called Alastair and explained the situation. He promptly admitted that the platform has temporarily frozen due to some technical issues but encouraged me not to worry. I later sent full details of trades to him.
After checking the trading history, I was compensated the loss of 257 $ + 120 $ which I could have easily profited.

No doubt they are great especially their customer service.

Can you name any other broker to act honestly like this in this Business ?

I maintain my five star for this broker and customer service, spread,
I shall give four star for the platform and execution speed. Only twice in the last two years their platform frozen and on both occasions I was the looser but Vantage has compensated the losses !!

Trent,
Jun 6, 2012,

Vantage FX is a good broker and I have never had any issues with them. I have made money and been able to easily withdraw funds. They have by far the BEST customer service out there.

I give 5 stars ..

2011-09-21 5Star Vantage FX live server is fast and i find execution better than other brokers. I noticed some delays last week however my orders are executed very fast now. I funded my account again and got a free ticket to Harry Dent.. Thank You

Eric,
Hong kong, Hong Kong,
Jun 4, 2012,

After a somewhat tricky start I am really starting to make progress with this broker. They are very

Mike,
UK, United Kingdom,
May 23, 2012,

Since everyone says the brokers are bad.WHich one is good then. i think FXPro and Vantage are ok.Please tell me

Paolo Lonardi,
May 12, 2012,

An update to my previous reviews. The company just does not care about you. No answer from them. They will just take your money. The demo is not real trading. The real trading consist in a manipulative software which allows them always to win. Stay away from these guys.

2011-11-25 One year has gone by and these guys never contacted me to refund what I feel as a total robbery (see my previous review). I'm also sure more than ever that their software in live trading is manipulated in such a way it's almost impossible to gain money. Authorities should look into this company. Traders instead should look elsewhere.

2011-09-12 1Star Just want to update you about my complaint / robbery posted on the 27/04. The company has completely ignored me. I also suggest to read carefully the positive comments because to me some sound not credible. Maybe Forexpeacearmy can find a better way to check if they are true. My fazit remains, keep your money in the pocket, don't believe anything they tell you. Thanks again for being able to express my story and feelings on this forum. I can guarantee you it's all true.

2011-04-27 1Star First of all I thank Forexpeacearmy to allow me to reply, Something which other websites do not allow for obvious economical reasons. I saw that the broker replied to my accusation. Surprised they took almost a month to do so. I would like to clear that i do have a right to defend my identity, that I did contact the various Mr. Alastair, Piers, Shen and they never gave me an appropriate answer.
I asked many times for an explanation and to prove my good faith I copy the last messages.
I wrote them: please explain me how could I have a margin call when there were 4 open positions. 2 x buy (0,50 + 0,18) and 2 x sell (0,50 +0,18).
I got this answer: Your buy on EUR/USD was at 1.3823 and closed at 1.3880 which was right and you made 287.5
Your sell on EUR/USD was at 1.2802 and closed at 1.3931 which was a loss of 5646.5 that was the cause of your margin call.
If you had bought and sold at the same time then you won't have a margin call. Cause one will offset the other but this trades were not executed at the same time.

My final reply was: Are you all making believe you don't understand.
I DID NOT CLOSE ANY ORDER THAT DAY AT ALL!!!

Please traders keep your money in the pocket.

2011-02-10 1 Star Dear all,
this company was great in getting me to send them the money and asking me for documents sent then by courier. However from them I never received a contract.
I deposited 10,000 Usd and trading on the pair EUR/USD. The broker then (september 2010) was trading on the gomarkets platform and they were changing platform. Do you think I was informed before sending the money? No I wasn't.
I experienced too many times a significant delay in execution of orders which makes my seriously doubt that the software which is used by brokers is manipulated to make us lose pips in most cases. I would appreciate your feedback. I have no doubt a good IT can build a brokers software in such a way they will 99% of the times win. It is also impossible to prove my allegations.
Anyway my 10,000 Usd have dissipated in quite a short time and although I can account this loss (70% to myself and 30% to execution delays) a final episode has really p..... me off.
This "incident" happened when I was not logged in and I realized it 4 hours after when I logged in.
On the 22 October 2010. I had 2 buy and 2 sell positions open. There was no margin requirement as each position balanced the other (buy positions: 0,5 and 0,18) and (sell positions: 0,5 and 0,18). All these positions have been closed from the broker at the same time (10.00 Am Italy time) with no reason. However my buy positions have been closed at a different price of the sell positions (??!!!!why!!!). This explains why my equity moved from +250 USD to - 96 USD or so. I think in the best case scenario something went wrong in the system. In the worse case they just decided to liquidated me. I did experience some erratic movements in the past where unexisting prices appeared on the graph. Strange enough these erratic movements were then corrected but how many positions have been wiped out on traders? Could this be a technical fault or simply a fraud? This could explain why the broker is not giving me a clear history of what happened. They are stating I had a margin call, but how could I have a margin call when buy positions balanced the sell positions? I therefore suggest anyone keen to risk his money to either go out for a dinner with a beautiful woman, or to send it to a broker who lives next door to your house. Just make sure you have some bullets left in case he tries to cheat you.

Louis,
Toronto, Australia,
Mar 21, 2012,

I have been with Vantage fx for about 6 months
I tried to withdraw money from my account and so far have been told too bad
I started a demo account twice so far I have been refused a password I have called them to get the issue settled and have been told sorry we can"t do anything about it call someone who cares
If any brooker refuses direct deposit or withdrawal from you account you should look elseware don't trust them
On the djia my trades have to be 45 pips from market this doesn't happen with my other accounts
I've been waiting 24hrs for a return call after being told would you minding waiting does this mean I have too wait days weeks or months
They have changed the required distance from market to 30 pips from 500 pips yet they advertise 1 pip spreads when you place a trade you get a message advising you that your order needs to be 30 pips away at least its better than 500 pips
Don't deal with them

Haggis,
Feb 21, 2012,

I have used VantageFX quite a bit so far but no live trading, only demo. Here are my brief comments regards my experience.

Pros:
Very good technical support and customer service.
No surprises about their MT4 platform.
No server down time experienced.
Very good spreads.

Cons:
The main issue I came up against which was often enough for me to decide on another broker (remember I never got to see if their live servers were better) was the execution time on trades. Sometimes they would take 5-10 secs and others just timed out.

This happened often enough for me to test different broker platforms at the same time to ascertain if it may have been my PC or internet connection..they all executed trades perfectly while my VantageFX console timed out.

Although Tech support was generally pretty good...they seemed to be a bit closed eared about this one...

Anyway, in the end this was bad enough for me to not bother testing live with them.

Russ,
Calgary, Canada,
Jan 5, 2012,

I have been with Vantage for a couple of months now. I also have several other accounts with other brokers and in other countries. Vantage is the best by far for customer service. They call me to see if I need anything. No other broker has done that. As far as execution in the accounts, I am completely satisfied. I would certainly recommend Vantage FX.

Neil,
Jan 4, 2012,

I have been with Vantagefx for a year now and closed my other fx accounts. Best broker I have had. Quite simple, best spreads, best execution and my account manager always makes sure I'm happy. Gave me Myfx for free and also gave me Auto chartist as well. 100% Satisfied.
Put a good slice of my profits into their managed account and even thats up over 20% in 3 months. Could not be happier.

Matt,
California,
Oct 9, 2011,

I started trading with VantageFX on January 2011. They gave a $200 when I deposited the fund. I closed my account on October. They took back the $200 when I withdraw my fund. I can understand if someone close the account like 2 months after they opened it. I have been trading with them for 10 months. They still took back the promotion.

Baier, Hans,
Indonesia,
Oct 5, 2011,

DEMO had great execution (250ms) and great spreads,
LIVE was dramatically different: Execution times from 1000ms to 8000ms (!), and spread spikes out of the blue which wiped out the profit of my position.

Customer Service is great, but what's that good for if the brokerage is problematic to malicious...

Screenshots:

Jet,
Oct 1, 2011,

This brooker can do amendment on weekend with their MT4 platform, even their fault end up the trader will suffer!

brian gregory,
england,
Sep 27, 2011,

just want everyone to know how good customer service is my contact there is Jay Mawji and the attention you get even with a small account is what you would expect from having a very large account. the platform has some minor probs at times but if you have a problem it gets sorted fast and with the spreads so tight it all works out fine. all in all this is the best broker i have come accross and highly recommend them

Perumal,
Sep 5, 2011,

Hi Traders !

I once again recommend strongly to use vanatgefx Australia.

Great Customer service, Alastair, Darren and other supporting staff are extremely customer friendly. If you take up any trading issues with them they will be on your phone within Hours !

One specific technical issue cost me some losses and I took up the matter with them knowing vantagefx very well.

Within few days they compensated all my losses.!

Great to see such wonderful Broker in this business !

This is my second Review about this Broker.

2011-06-01 5Star I have been trading with Vantage for a year now. Extremely tight spreads. They have a very good MT4 Platform and execution is great.

Friendly customer support and very fast in reply.

They have now made funding easy. They take care of their customers' complaints seriously and solve it.

I would not hesitate to recommend this broker to my friends.

knl,
Auckland - New Zealand,
Sep 4, 2011,

I am pretty new into FX trading, and so far my experience with Vantage FX has been nothing but GREAT. Opening an account with them is reasonably straight forward (filled in an online form), and their online support is very useful too.

Special thanks to account manager Alastair M for being very proactive in following up and responding to my queries etc.

Will definitely recommend Vantage FX to anyone that's keen to get into trading.

TnxRob,
sydney,
Aug 27, 2011,

Happy trading with vantagefx. Very good spreads and no problems with the platform. Good customer service, always quickly answer my emails

Bob,
New Zealand,
Aug 19, 2011,

All I can say is EXCELLENT customer service, by far the BEST spreads and the EASIEST for funding and withdrawals. One of the only brokers to offer 500:1 leverage with no hassels.

Angus,
Australia,
Aug 11, 2011,

By far one of the best metatrader brokers out there. I have no problems with order execution and my million dollar pips EA runs great. With just a 1pip stop out they are the best broker for high frequency EAs. I have tried and tested over 7 other metatrader brokers and my EA works best with Vantage. If you're having issues you might need to tweak your EA. Good luck trading

KY,
Aug 9, 2011,

I have been a member of this trader for about a year. This broker is very bad for EAs. When you have multiple orders open they close the worst SELL or BUY orders, instead of closing the order your EA wants them to close. Also their last close in low timeframes is changed so that your EA gets wrong close value for lower timeframes. EAs will always lose money with this broker.

He Shuhan,
Aug 1, 2011,

Good day to all.
I have 2 live accounts with Vantage FX and as of today I would say I am most pleased with their service, both in execution and in quality.
I came from a prop trading background, and now I own a firm trading our internal funds. Having traded for a decade now and having tried various brokers, both institutional and retail, I would describe Vantage FX as a “Retail Broker with near institutional quality”. The service quality kind of reminds me of Hotspot Institutional, yet without the need to deposit a million.
Initially being rather skeptical of their services, I set out to systematically try out this broker.
A few concepts were being tested, and the results, most satisfying:
1. Small lot size execution (0.01 to 1 lot) – No problem
2. Larger lot size execution (5 lots and above) – No Problem
3. Various common strategies including scalping to position trades – All acceptable
4. Spreads – Had a few tests on events and the spread widened a bit for a moment but this is really acceptable. Most of time, spreads on EUR/USD remains between 0.6 – 1.5pips, variable.
5. Commission – I guess I am too used to a ECN broker and when I was told there is no commission other than the relatively small spread I was exalted
6. Requotes – We got it a few times, but not a big problem
7. EAs- We ran EAs on it and it does not have a problem at all. S/L and T/P can be attached to an entry order, unlike some other brokers
8. Slippage – Minimal at best even on market execution
9. Margin call mechanism – Margin call warnings were issued before force liquidation, which is a great feature
10. Real credit bonus – Their credit bonus of 10% is real. It is not removed when account drops to a certain value.
11. Stop loss – The stop loss fill rate was fantastic. Very surprising for a MT4 broker. In addition, one can put a stop loss a few pips below entry price. I have known many MT4 brokers which do not allow that.

Customer service was also excellent. Mr. Damien and Mr. Jacobus were very friendly in their service. Requests such as change of leverage and opening of new accounts were done relatively quickly and calls were made to ensure open communications. This is good because many brokers will not call after they manage to solicit your money, or after you have blown your account (by which during the test it was purposely done so) this is probably because they do not care about their clients. And I feel that Vantage FX does care about the longevity of their clients’ accounts.
As such, I recommend anyone from starting traders to market professionals to give VantageFX a chance and feel the excellent service for them.

He Shuhan

Vern Dafazzio,
New Jersey, USA,
Jul 21, 2011,

HUGE LIARS, dont fund here. They claim 500:1 all over there website under leverage bands yet they will cut your leverage without notice and stop you from making any trades. They do not follow their own rules listed on their website. Rude customer service and they steal funds away from your account. I did nothing wrong yet they cut my leverage and froze my trading. I was nowhere near their leverage limits posted on their website yet I was manually de-leveraged and account was frozen from making any new trades. I was forced to withdrawl funds and find a better broker. They should be in prison.

Aaron,
Jul 8, 2011,

Thomas should not open his mouth or make assumptions about other posters without knowing the facts. 1) at the time these jokers made a snap decision to cut my leverage with immediate effect there were no published leverage bands on their site, and 2) as of today (8/7/2011) at the site: http://www.vantagefx.com/get-trading/leverage/ vantage offers 300:1 leverage with a balance up to $100K and 200:1 with a balance up to $250K. On the date of Vantage's reprehensible conduct, I had two accounts one with roughly $67K and the other with $63K. Each account had 200:1 leverage and they were reducing that with immediate effect. I had never had a margin call in the account & had never engaged in arbitrage. I had never had a losing day in 2 months, and I am not an arbitrageur.

There are two issues here. One could affect my trading, but is non-critical. The second one I consider a critical issue that could & did cause me to remove my funds immediately. The first is access to adequate leverage. That's a non-issue for me, as I'm trading happily at present on FinFx's ECN at 100:1 leverage. I could get 200:1 in their standard account, but prefer this to get spreads that make Vantage's spreads uncompetitive. The second issue is a critical one & involves a change in leverage with immediate effect. This did not adversely affect me, but it could have produced margin calls & in recognition of that fact, I decided not to trade with them. Above all else, in this business you've got to know where you stand. With vantage you can not because they change rules with immediate effect to suit them. Gain Capital recently was forced by regulators to make investors whole because they were changing leverage over the weekend & producing margin calls. If that had been the circumstance with Vantage, I would have not only gone to a regulator but gotten myself an attorney in Sydney in a NY minute. That's all.

On the subject of reading and thinking, I have two advanced degrees including a doctorate. So I do those things reasonably well.
2011-07-03 1Star Regarding Pawel's contact with Vantagefx, the respondent was either misinformed or lying. I made approximately $35K in a couple months with vantagefx last year to be contacted them one Sunday night and notified my leverage was to be cut with immediate effect. I had never been warned about "overtrading" by them (whatever that means) and had never used arbitrage strategies. I removed the $135K I had with them in 2 accounts immediately, as I consider such a practice as I witnessed potentially dangerous to my money. I did not report them to any regulator only because I never endured a loss (no positions at the time of their reprehensible behavior). That's all I can say. Maybe their representative was talking about another case & didn't know about me, or maybe he was lying. I don't know which.

2011-02-07 No Rating Donducky may have been a victim of their leve age reduction with immediate effect with forced liquidation as a result. One reason I got as far away from this broker as quickly as I could is that I recognized an outcome like the one Donducky had was quite possible. Gain Capital was fined by the NFA & forced to make whole the customers affected by reprehensible behavior identical to this (cutting leverage over the weekend with no notice & causing forced margin call liquidation). Donducky might consider taking up the matter with ASIC and if the amounts of money are substantial, with hiring an attorney. My 2 cents worth.

2011-01-112Star Problems with leverage & just basically being a trustworthy partner with this one. Started an account 3 months ago with $105K and 200:1 leverage. One month ago contacted by their chief of sales (Piers) who stated they were reducing leverage on accounts over $100K to 100:1, but offered to grant me a 2nd account so I could stay 200:1 which I did. Tonight 15 minutes before I start trading get a call from somebody named alastair saying Piers was on vacation, but he'd gotten a note they'd need to cut me to 100:1. Mentioned to him my dealings with Piers to keep the leverage I needed & he stated he'd get back to me. 10 minutes later got an email announcing my leverage was being cut to 100:1 effective immediately. Transferred my account (grown to $132K after a withdrawal of $6500) out by return email. I strongly suspect this is how they will deal with you if you are making money. And a bargain with them is not to be trusted. They'll leave you in the lurch.

2010-10-26 5Star I came to vantage as a refugee from gomarkets when they pussed out & started closing US citizen accounts. The price feed at vantage looks to be identical to go. In many respects they are similar to go, but their customer service is better than at Go (availability, willingness to talk to you, willingness to track down an errant wire, etc.).

I liked Go, but these guys are better. I only worry they're too good. I keep trying to come up with something they could do better, but haven't figured it out yet. So they get 5* from me.

Thomas,
Brisbane,
Jul 7, 2011,

By far the best broker out there. They have leverage bands stated on their website, so as long as you stay within the account equity threshold you won't have any issues with leverage. The people on here complaining about leverage being cut clearly don't think or read

Pawel,
Warsaw, Poland,
Jun 16, 2011,

Some more information about vantage and situation described above(or below;) ).

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

You are not currently in a chat session.

You are not currently in a chat session.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Jay'

you: hello

you: are you a market makers?

Jay: Good Afternoon, can i help

you: or STP + NDD ?

Jay: no, we are STP - straight through processing

Jay: STP + NDD

you: with no dealing desk?

you: are you introducing broker to any company? like gomarket. ?

Jay: no, definitely not. we are our own company with our own API

Jay: can i take your name and email address?

you: you already have, Jay is in contact with me

you: Malawji

Jay: that is me

you: are you regulated in Uk or Austrialia

you: I know;)

Jay: both - this is UK (regulated by FSA) and Australia is regulated by ASIC

Jay: what is your name?

you: *******

you: what can you say about complains about your actions taken when somebody is winning? I heard from many people that played for you that you can cut out laverage

Jay: thats odd, i cant seem to find your email add

you: oo sorry, wrong email

you: *******

you: that should be correct

Jay: should i call you?

you: no, thx

Jay: ok

Jay: well

Jay: with us cutting clients who are winning - this has been done on one occassion

Jay: the reason for this was that the client was over trading and the client was arbitrage trading. we informed the client they they must not over-trade several times and that arbirtrage is not allowed - this is the rule of the liquidity provider and not us.

Jay: the client said he would complaint to forexpeace army and to the FSA. we provided the client full statements and reports to lodge his complaint at the FSA. He didnt do this, but he wrote on a website about us

you: can you tell me a little bit more about transactions he took, because I'm a little bit worried

Jay: we refunded the client all his costs of each trade and his initial deposit... even though we didnt have to

you: ok, thanks for reply. I will try to open real account, maybe next week

Jay: we are an STP broker - so if you make a profit, we do not pay that, the liquidity provider does. if you make a loss, that goes to the liquidity provider.

you: tank you for your help

Trisha,
Jun 5, 2011,

best forex spreads i have found out there. Excellent customer service and was easy to open account online. I recommend to everyone.

Julius,
May 29, 2011,

Very happy with Vanatge FX, easy to open and fund account, very good customer service, best spreads I've seen in 5 years. :) :) :)

Yehia Tawfik,
EG,
Apr 29, 2011,

Dear Forex Peace Army readers, I would like to retract my message dated 2011-4-20 (Yehia Tawfik). After clarification on the leverage bands and their trading policies I am happy to recommend Vantage FX

2011-04-20 1Star VantageFX is one of the new scams on the forex market ,
i have opened a live account with Vantage australia and thought my money would be secured as they claim that they are regulated by ASIC ,
when i traded and lost money they was happy and no one contacted me but when i started to make money they took away my leverage with no prior notice and deleted my profits claiming that i was filled at a wrong price .???? so why are you saying that you are STP and i can trade however i like .
i am really surprised that they are regulated by ASIC .