Markets.com Review

Safecap Investments Ltd

Updated: Nov 18, 2021 · Markets.com  · Is this your company?

Markets.com is a CFD broker regulated by FCA (UK), ASIC (Australia), CySEC (Cyprus), FSCA (South Africa), and BVIFSC (British Virgin Island). Safecap Investment Ltd that operates the Markets.com brand is part of Playtech, and FTSE 250 listed company. The broker is in business since 2008.

In addition to popular MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5 trading platforms, Markets.com offers proprietary MarketsX for CFD trading and MarketsI for Investing including the mobile versions.

There are over 2,200 CFD instruments and over 7,000 stocks over 16 exchanges available for trading. Instruments include Forex, Stocks, Indices, Commodities, ETFs, Bonds, Themed CFDs, and Cryptocurrencies.

Markets.com offers additional features such as Investment Strategy Builder, Knowledge Centre, Insights, Bloggers Opinions, Sentiments, Hedge Funds Investment Confidence, Insider Trades, Trading Analyst Recommendations, Financial Commentary, Thomson Reuters Stock Reports, Related Instruments, Signals and more. Most of the tools are integrated with broker proprietary platforms.

Please read Markets.com Reviews below and share live trading experiences with this broker.

Markets.com

NOTICE:  December 2014.  Safecap Investments has threatened to "pursue action" against the FPA if two forums threads about Markets.com are not removed.  The FPA does not hide member complaints or negotiate while under legal threat.  The two threads are HERE and HERE.

The FPA recommends against doing business with companies which use legal threats to try to hide information.

July 2, 2015:  Cysec has fined Safecap Investments Ltd €168,000.  CLICK HERE to verify.
There is a note on a Polish government website regarding SafeCap Investments Poland.  CLICK HERE to verify.
Formerly GFCMarkets.com.  Other websites of this company include GoForex.com.
Other websites of this company include SafecapLtd.com, MarketsX.com, Opcmarkets.com.

Need more info?
Read and Ask HERE.

Established: 2008
Address: 148 Strovolos Avenue, 2048, Strovolos, P.O.Box 28132, Nicosia, Cyprus
Contact: support@markets.com, +357 22 23 22 48
Regulators: ASIC #AFSL 424008 , CySEC #092/08, FSCA #43906, FCA #607305, BVI FSC #SIBA/L/14/1067
CFD: (2200+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, iDEAL, Local Bank Transfers, Maestro, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, SOFORT
Withdrawal Methods:

Join live discussion of Markets.com on our forum

Adm,
Spain, USA,
Sep 17, 2015,

i have some issues when it comes down to trading with a legitimate broker, no need to say much about myself but all my phone calls are recorded with advanced security . they think they can fool me by showing a UK number or Cyprus, but one of my security adviser tracked down the call and guess what ? they are in ISRAEL and not from whatever they claim they are .
i will look further to contact the legal department and the national security fraud agency department to shut them down and take legal action and persecution

Said,
, Brunei Darussalam,
Jul 1, 2015,

Markets.com. Where do I even start. I came across their promotion page stating $50 with no deposit necessary.

10th of June 2015: Applied for a live account. Sent in all my documents for verification.

11th of June 2015: Received an email from them to complete eligibility quiz containing 5 MCQs. Email also states to send verification documents.

11th of June 2015: Account was upgraded to live account.

16th of June 2015 Was sent an email again asking for documents for verification.

16-27 of June 2015: Contacted live chat daily for status. They say verification takes 3 days. Meantime, was told only accounts manager can issue bonus or change account to Islamic account. Asked to wait for accounts manager to be assigned and phone call from him/her.

25-26th of June 2015: Was called a few times to verify my self.

28th of June 2015: Documents were verified and account was finally active.

29th of June 2015: Contacted live chat regarding status of accounts manager and bonus. Was told to contact them again once europe opens. Europe opens, was told to wait as bonus will normally be issued/credited by the end of the day. Asked for my timing preferences to be called by accounts manager. Contacted again just before europe closes and was assured accounts manager will call soon. Tried my luck via live chat to change my account to Islamic without waiting for an accounts manager. Had to answer a few questions for eligibility. Was also told two types of bonus. No deposit bonus or deposit bonus.

30th of June 2015: Received email my account was approved and converted into Islamic account.

30th of June 2015: Contacted live chats pre europe opening. Asked status of accounts manager and bonus. Was told they had an technical issue in issuing bonuses yesterday. Told to wait for call from accounts manager. Contacted again during europe opening. Was told no $50 no deposit bonus. Just $25. Showed her the link above. She said she'll email the relevant department to call me ASAP. Contacted them again once US opens. Agent apologies on behalf of her colleagues at accounts department and sends another email escalating the issue to them.

1st July 2015: Contacted them a few times regarding status. Again was told to wait for the call.

2nd July 2015: Contacted them pre-europe via live chat. Same live chat agent called me saying they were changes made today with regards to deposit requirements. Again was asked the very same questions during account opening, eligibility quiz, phone verification and Islamic account eligibility. He also then mention as I was from Brunei, I am not entitled to any sort of bonus.

My main reason for applying was to test their live platform and withdrawal procedures/timings. I figured if everything is acceptable to my liking, I would move the bulk of my accounts from FXCM (as they had reduced their margin requirements from 200:1 to 100:1)

But after almost one month account opening, after talking to 7 different agents, completing multiple verification calls, quizzes and questions, and still with no account manager in sight, it is best for everyone to STAY AWAY from this broker.

They can't even do the basics right. What more if i were to deposit my own funds with them. So to avoid any headaches, everyone should STAY AWAY from markets.com!

Petar Dimitrov,
Sofia, Bulgaria,
Jun 18, 2015,

I am trading for 3 weeks now, and everything is very nice. I got a little issue with the my documents, but it was resolved later. the training was not in depth, but it was informative. i already withdraw 50 usd profit and i think to continue trading with them, i will update you on my status

Yu Tai,
taipei, Taiwan, China,
Jun 8, 2015,

I'm one of markets.com client and i feel like i was tricked into joining them
They tell you all these benefits, one on one education, which i needed!! so they said they provided it.
at the end i didn't get any education from them, they told me to look through their online education on their webpage yet you need to first deposit 100 dollar which i did, i have been through it and trust me u can learn a lot more by googling and YouTube. then employees calling me and pushing me to invest more, to trade more and so on, i asked them for their education which they are never on time in calling , so i end up never getting anything and then they just disappear and after two weeks they call you again and tell you the benefits, and then i had a talk with my broker he said they cant satisfy every customer. if your unhappy you can go the other route. how would you feel as their customer?? i wouldnt reccommend markets.com, there are a lot other brokers out there

Joharra,
Manila, Philippines,
Mar 18, 2015,

The same happened to me with others here who just registered a demo account and was called few minutes after. The caller who is I think an account manager named Noorul told me to upgrade my account into real one, so I did. After that he told me to deposit $100 but I resist because I told him that I was just exploring stuffs about trading. But he insist that I should not worry if I don't know about trading because their staff will guide me through that. But i was still hesitant because what I initially did was a demo account and not really planning into serious trading. He even instructed me to put my credit card info and assured that it was just for testing if my card is legible for deposits, which I also did. He really pressured me to deposit $100 within 2 days so I can get my bonus. Since I really don't want to deposit, what I did is I did not answer their calls the next times and I modified all my personal information on their website including my card information. Then, the next day I received calls which don't register any number which I believe is related to them because they are the only website I have given my numbers before that unregistered number calls happened.

Arinze Madu,
Mar 6, 2015,

I would not trust this company. After the company experienced technical dificulites they refused to refund my money despite the fact i was unable to access my account due to a fault on their site. They first admited that they had experienced some technical dificulties. Then they retracted their statement and said that i idid not have funds availabe to fund the account despite the fact that i was unable to access the account to sell or buy any shares. The fact remains that i lost money because i was not able to access my account to do as i please. If anyone would like to view the evidence i have including emails feel free to email me on arinzemadu78@gmail.com and i will be glad to help.

Kilani,
UAE, United Arab Emirates,
Mar 6, 2015,

Dear Team,
Kindly make up the room and keep the items as it is .

not professional

I contact them based on they are classified as top ten companies in Forex filed , but in fact they are not.

 Fist easy to take the money.
 Hard to get it back , if you success.
 No proper explanation , before you start .
 When you need the account manager it is so hard to find him , when you leave a message to him they are calling after 4 days .
 I loose U$D 1,100 because of that , finally I feel they are doing fraud.

No name,
Lübeck, Germany,
Feb 28, 2015,

It was a black day when I opened an account with this big SCAM company. My account was free no deposit bonus, the platform was very bad, very slow and freezing a lot, I decide to lose the money and not trading with them any more.

THEY call me many times to deposit money, they was angry because I didn't accept to deposit, they spoke with me like I stolen them ( without respect )
in the end they sold all my info to all the mafias in UK. they tried to stole my bank account and my Visa card.

it was about one year ago and till before one week I received SCAM calls. now I lost my mobile number and my email because of them.

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

nassif,
london, United Kingdom,
Feb 26, 2015,

Hi , my name is Nassif, I have 2 accounts with markets.com, one in dollar and one in Sterling, have been with them about 2 years, I don't really understand the argument here, I never had a problem with them, I manager is Ryan Cooper , he's been kind in every way, I have bonuses every time I deposit and the Target Points starts again, I made withdrawals and everything was ok, when I loose money I know I lost it because of my trading decision not because of them because I also loose in CMC and intertrader, , all the thoughts they give you and advise you about market conditions and analysis is just their thoughts and if you watch CNBC and Bloomberg you will learn that every fund management and financial institution has different thoughts, so blame yourself guys about your decision in investing, yesterday me and my friend here in the UK, were treated nicely at the Arsenal Club VIP WM club by markets.com, we met one of their buddies their and was all good, so customer relation is very good , bonus and target points is also good, the downside which I have raised many times to them is that accessing their server from the UK is slower than CMC and intertrader who are based here in the UK, so to me it seems that is a technical problem that they must sort out, in CMC and intertrader it takes a fraction of a second to execute an order which means that 99% of times you end up with same profit or loss as shown on screen while executing, while with markets.com it takes about 3 seconds for that to happen which about 50% of the time you end up with different result from the screen price, sometimes it work in your favor but this is not the way you want to plan your strategy, you can't gamble and hope for the best. Thanks for reading and thanks Mr cooper for the treat yesterday even though we've lost 3-1 to Monaco , hehehe

Amit,
Pune, India,
Jan 8, 2015,

Hi,

I had a trading account with MARKETS.COM. Did trading with them till one year. Almost all things were good with MARKETS.COM except SWAPPING CHARGES. SWAPPING CHARGES were toooooo high compared to other brokers. Eg: If you need to keep any deal open for 1 to 2 month, then it charges 34-50 dollars of swapping charge for that single deal. So I have decided to go with another broker. Other than this all is good with MARKETS.COM.

Thanks,