Markets.com Review

Safecap Investments Ltd

Updated: Nov 18, 2021 · Markets.com  · Is this your company?

Markets.com is a CFD broker regulated by FCA (UK), ASIC (Australia), CySEC (Cyprus), FSCA (South Africa), and BVIFSC (British Virgin Island). Safecap Investment Ltd that operates the Markets.com brand is part of Playtech, and FTSE 250 listed company. The broker is in business since 2008.

In addition to popular MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5 trading platforms, Markets.com offers proprietary MarketsX for CFD trading and MarketsI for Investing including the mobile versions.

There are over 2,200 CFD instruments and over 7,000 stocks over 16 exchanges available for trading. Instruments include Forex, Stocks, Indices, Commodities, ETFs, Bonds, Themed CFDs, and Cryptocurrencies.

Markets.com offers additional features such as Investment Strategy Builder, Knowledge Centre, Insights, Bloggers Opinions, Sentiments, Hedge Funds Investment Confidence, Insider Trades, Trading Analyst Recommendations, Financial Commentary, Thomson Reuters Stock Reports, Related Instruments, Signals and more. Most of the tools are integrated with broker proprietary platforms.

Please read Markets.com Reviews below and share live trading experiences with this broker.

Markets.com

NOTICE:  December 2014.  Safecap Investments has threatened to "pursue action" against the FPA if two forums threads about Markets.com are not removed.  The FPA does not hide member complaints or negotiate while under legal threat.  The two threads are HERE and HERE.

The FPA recommends against doing business with companies which use legal threats to try to hide information.

July 2, 2015:  Cysec has fined Safecap Investments Ltd €168,000.  CLICK HERE to verify.
There is a note on a Polish government website regarding SafeCap Investments Poland.  CLICK HERE to verify.
Formerly GFCMarkets.com.  Other websites of this company include GoForex.com.
Other websites of this company include SafecapLtd.com, MarketsX.com, Opcmarkets.com.

Need more info?
Read and Ask HERE.

Established: 2008
Address: 148 Strovolos Avenue, 2048, Strovolos, P.O.Box 28132, Nicosia, Cyprus
Contact: support@markets.com, +357 22 23 22 48
Regulators: ASIC #AFSL 424008 , CySEC #092/08, FSCA #43906, FCA #607305, BVI FSC #SIBA/L/14/1067
CFD: (2200+) Gold, Silver, Other Precious Metals, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
Deposit Methods: Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, iDEAL, Local Bank Transfers, Maestro, Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, SOFORT
Withdrawal Methods:

Join live discussion of Markets.com on our forum

prosperity2013,
Chiang Mai, Thailand,
Sep 2, 2013,

Markets.com rep contacted me and offered me compensation. I accepted it and have received the money. The matter is now satisfactorily resolved.

2013-05-10 I would like to share my most unpleasant experience with Markets.com with other members. On the 18th of March 2013, the day that Cyprus had major banking problems, Markets.com was having serious problems with their their computers and trading platforms. I opened 3 positions in the morning. After sometime, when I came to check, I noticed that two of the positions had vanished. I immediately went on a live chat and explained my problem and was told that everything would soon to be taken care of. That day I had five live chats and three phone calls with them. For ten days till the 28th of March, trades that were closed would suddenly reappear on my trading platform with huge losses. Markets.com could not fix the computer glitch. My life came to a standstill.I stopped going out, cancelling appointments, waking up every hour to check and make sure that closed trades with huge losses would suddenly not appear and wipe out my principle.I was afraid that markets.com would refuse to take responsibilty and reimburse me.Finally, based on the suggestions given by them, I opened a new account.But the aggravation did not stop there. Markets.com refused to reimburse me part of my losses.For a month and a half they gave me the run around treating me like an imbecile with no respect or courtesy.I have traded with many companies in the past but never ever
been treated so badly.

I was given a $100 bonus as compensation and promised that it would be with no strings attached. Meaning that even if I withdrew money, they would not take the $100 out of my account. But as soon as I withdrew some money, they took the money out. Finally after I told them that I was going to lodge a complaint with the FSA and CYSEC, they sent me a waiver and said that if I signed it, they would reimburse the money. I refused. I saw no reason why I should sign a waiver to get back money that is rightfully mine. Then when I mailed them that I was going to go ahead and post messages on the websites and have FSA look in to this,they suddenly put the money back in my account.They are dishonest and unethical and I claim that Markets.com tried to scam me of my money since they felt that they could do so and get away with it.

Due to the problems with the computer, I could not close some of the trades and they are at a loss . As soon as things turn around, I will close these positions and close my account with Markets.com. But I do not trade with them anymore.

I am in the process of complaining about them to all the authorities they are regulated with and also seek financial compensation from FOS.I am doing this more as a matter of principle than money.These people need to be held accountable for harrassing me so much and putting me through such aggravation. No brokerage has a right to scam its clients of their hard earned money and the least they could have done is to have the courtesy to look into my repeated requests to investigate the matter further and return money that is rightfully mine.

Sure would be thankful if those of you with more experience and knowledge could give me guidance and feedback. You can write to me at prosperitymagick@gmail.com.

Thank you all for your time.

Monjed Alqenaei,
Kuwait, Kuwait,
May 13, 2013,

Issue escalated to Traders Court Monjed Alqenaei vs Markets.com | RESOLVED
June 2016: Markets.com finally paid all funds owed to Monjed. This situation is now resolved.

I am a customer of Markets.com for about two years, I have made loss and gains but mostly losses, until the end of 2012., and their service was very good.
Everything changed after I started making good profits few months back, and I was surprised to see how they started to act:
1. At first they canceled my Islamic account saying if I trade EA I can't have Islamic account, while it's not mentioned in their website or terms in conditions, and they didn't even notify me before making this actions! this way I lost money
2. They have sent me a threatening letter saying that I hacked their systems (!!!) and this is why I made profit! can you believe it?? a person who makes losses is fine but when he makes good profits he is not!!
3. They are refusing to send me a withdrawal of $50,225.99 and the interests they charged me.
4. I’m sure that they will not send me the spread too, which might be around $17,000.
4. They blocked all my accounts and I can't access my account at all, like I never existed!!
This company is a scam ! they stole my money I made in a legit way! If you care about your money stay away of this danger that’s called (Markets.com).

ellict,
, Indonesia,
Nov 20, 2012,

Good broker, had account with the for a while, fast withdrawal

Dan Parcker,
Tel Aviv, Israel,
Oct 20, 2012,

A company is only as good as its employees in this case being your teacher/advisor. When I was introduced to the forex business I was very unsuccessful all everyone wanted was more money. I came into markets about 8 months ago and have been netting for, 20-30% a month. All because of my advisor Alexander Adams who gives mentoring a whole new meaning. I signed up to this website just to put his name out there. I came to him a novice still wet behind the ears and am proud to say I am a full time trader now who wasn't trained to rely on anyone but himself. Thank you markets.com for the level of professionalism you expect from your advisors and analysts. I have never been steered wrong like I was in Bforex(scam). I am not a millionaire but I feel like one by the way I am treated and all I can say is I'm doing everything myself and getting closer to my dream everyday!

Once again thank you markets.com and a super thank you to Alexander Adams

-Dan Parcker
Tel Aviv/ London

uchenna ,
Jos , Nigeria,
Aug 8, 2012,

Luciano Mihalachi of xemarkets the best.The assistance i got was what i wanted,i mean fast,polite and straight to the point. Big ups xemarkets.

ARU,
Tokyo, Japan,
Jul 18, 2012,

Many currency pairs here, I really like that because there are many commodity stocks, and also brand equity CFD. Contract power is high but can not say. I CFD trading is the main, there do not know because it does not, however FX trading.
Reasons for this evaluation, get a phone call every day from the support. Repeat about 10 times previously to respond here. Has been spent despite the e-mail for work during that time, telephone calls and can not be. I said that it was so very uncomfortable. Also come calling and then begin the transaction again.

Come over in less than in I say do not put the phone number is decreased. I do not know what the meaning of "Please check the position and profit and loss situation of the" current internal use of the phone also. Such as a human would not confirm the position now has not been able to trade in mobile phones, has been held, too. Support here is to act like I can only imagine that to fool people. Trading system and the company itself is a 3.5 star. However, support is one star.

I ignore this japanese support center.

WinFX,
Vienna, Austria,
Apr 7, 2012,

I had a live account for a while. Spreads are fixed, but only average. 3 pips for EURUSD is not really competitive, most brokers offer better spreads. Money withdrawal was fast. Overall average broker.

Ibrahim Moheel,
jeddah, Saudi Arabia,
Oct 26, 2011,

Markets.com is the first and only broker I traded with. I deposited 100$ to try and see for my self. They promised to guide me and give what ever I need to make some profits. After 3 days of trading I lost almost 90% of my tiny 100$ because I didn't find what I expected from them. My AM didn't help me enough, He said if you want our signals you have to deposit at least 2000$. I changed my AM and she was great. She give me my bonus and some advice witch I misused. I lost all my money. I wasn't angry at them yet. After short days they contacted me and said you have to send a new proof of address. I said, I don't want to trade no more. They said there is a bonus of 50$ if you send it. I sent what they need and didn't get any bonus. I was trying to contact her for almost a weak. they always say she'll contact you!! I don't see a reason for lying.

Pooshkis,
Lithuania,
Sep 5, 2011,

I'm using Markets.com for about 3 months by now. I have a micro account (100$) and by this time I don't have any complaints to them. If I had any questions or problems, support staff answered very fast by phone or by e-mail (from 30min to few hours). I would add their daily and weekly reviews as a plus too. Though I don't like their web trading and mobile trading platforms as they work slowly.
I'm rating this broker as good, but i'm new in forex and this is my first real account, so these facts should be took in advise as reading my review.

Eve Lejot,
Germany,
Aug 15, 2011,

Hi all,

I am a bit surprised by the bad reviews here. Markets.com appears to be giving me a good service for my tiny $100 account.

The only highlight was the system going down once, this is when I learnt to set the S/L always.

Plus this some requotes, but only in very fast moving markets, so it makes sense provided the time of execution of half a second.

My account manager is replying me the e-mails pretty often and the spread stayed always at 3 pips, what else can you expect for 60ct per transaction!